Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I just seen the left wing media in America are now doing a 180 and saying what the rest of us have been saying for a long time, ie the majority of Black people do not want the police defunded, they are important in order to keep crime down in black neighborhoods.

They most have seen some polling....the problem for the Democrats now is, how do you put that genie back in the bottle!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

That Jacob Blake seems like such a good dude. It's goes to show you how dumb the protestors are when there's not a peep outta BLM when there's hundreds of blacks murdered including young kids over the last few months but they lose the plot when scumbags get shot by the police. In my opinion the black community have their priorities a bit messed up .

https://nypost.com/2020/08/28/this-is-why-jacob-blake-had-a-warrant-out-for-his-arrest/

The victim, who is only identified by her initials in the paperwork, told police she was asleep in bed with one of her children when Blake came into the room around 6 a.m. and allegedly said “I want my sh-t,” the record states.

She told cops Blake then used his finger to sexually assault her, sniffed it and said, “Smells like you’ve been with other men,” the criminal complaint alleges.

SEE ALSO
    Jacob Blake, Sr. (center), father of Jacob Blake, Jr. speaks at a press conference outside of the County Courthouse in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
    Jacob Blake handcuffed to hospital bed despite paralysis, father says
    The officer who took her statement said she “had a very difficult time telling him this and cried as she told how the defendant assaulted her.”

The alleged victim said Blake “penetrating her digitally caused her pain and humiliation and was done without her consent” and she was “very humiliated and upset by the sexual assault,” the record states.

She told police she “was upset but collected herself” and then allegedly ran out the front door after Blake, the complaint says. She then realized her car was missing, checked her purse and saw the keys were missing and then “immediately called 911,” the complaint alleges.

The alleged victim told cops she has known him for eight years and claims that he physically assaults her “around twice a year when he drinks heavily.”

Police filed charges against him for felony sexual assault, trespassing and domestic abuse in July when a warrant was issued for his arrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I see we're back to victim blaming within the scope of how the arrest went down.

They most have seen some polling....the problem for the Democrats now is, how do you put that genie back in the bottle!!!

You love the Helter skelter! Thought you'd be enjoying your moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Overheal wrote: »
    I see we're back to victim blaming within the scope of how the arrest went down.

Victim blaming ? Three shot the other day by that Kyle fella all had criminal records , George Floyd done a home invasion on a pregnant woman , Jacob Blake a criminal and sex offender ....great people , I'd rather have police in my neighborhood than your crowd anyday

• Advertisement

Victim blaming ? Three shot the other day by that Kyle fella all had criminal records , George Floyd done a home invasion on a pregnant woman , Jacob Blake a criminal and sex offender ....great people , I'd rather have police in my neighborhood than your crowd anyday

And none of those pieces of information were pertinent to the circumstances of their deaths. Hence it reads as plain victim blaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

You don't know what you are talking about. Heard of tolerance? I've seen higher therapeutic doses off a 100mcg fentanyl 3/7. But keep victim blaming. It's not the neck restraint. It's the drugs. Sure;)

You do realise there are therapeutic uses for fentanyl, champ?

Yeah, buddy

Yeah, buddy

How did fentanyl kill GF in your expertise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

It's great to see how many people have been sucked in by the media and BLM campaign.

Ask yourself this, The police stop you, ask you to get out of the car, ask you to stand beside the car while they ask you questions.

Do you comply and answer said questions?

Or do you go on a drugs fueled rampage and try to grab a weapon from your car??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

statesaver wrote: »
    Colion Noir take on the Kyle Rittenhouse shooting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSU9ZvnudFE&feature=youtu.be

That was a surprisingly good overview, actually. Ordinarily I find he’s a little heavy on the politics, but this time he’s being more analytical and wearing his attorney hat.

• Advertisement

You love the Helter skelter! Thought you'd be enjoying your moment.

:confused:

Do how did fentanyl kill GF in your expertise?

Ask yourself this, The police stop you, ask you to get out of the car, ask you to stand beside the car while they ask you questions.

Do you comply and answer said questions?

No, I'm not stepping outside of my car without an explanation. I'm also under no obligation to answer the vast majority of questions they might ask, though stepping outside of the vehicle and leaving myself open to a warrantless search is not prerequisite for Q&A. It entirely depends on the interaction whether I make the decision to respond to a question or comply with a request. Orders, on the other hand, are generally themselves enforced by law.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

Overheal wrote: »

If you have a record of violent assaults and thuggish disorder I'd say its pertinent to a discussion of how somebody might wind up in a scenario in which they might end up getting shot in a confrontation with the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

Helter skelter is a reference to Charles Manson who wanted to start a race war.
    He's salty because some 17yr old interrupted his enjoyment of his own helter skelter entertainment on the streets courtesy of BLM.

It is utterly bizarre that people think that GF's fentanyl levels killed him rather than the neck restraint. Also, the negligence to restrain somebody by the neck who you suspect of taking a respiratory depressant is a stark reminder how little the officer valued GF's life.

conorhal wrote: »
    It's a reference to Charles Manson who wanted to start a race war.
    He's salty because some 17yr old interrupted his enjoyment of his own helter skelter entertainment on the streets courtesy of BLM.

I'd rather people wouldn't pretend they are experts in pharmacology to further their agenda/ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I just seen the left wing media in America are now doing a 180 and saying what the rest of us have been saying for a long time, ie the majority of Black people do not want the police defunded, they are important in order to keep crime down in black neighborhoods.
    Hi, any link to this?

If you have a record of violent assaults and thuggish disorder I'd say its pertinent to a discussion of how somebody might wind up in a scenario in which they might end up getting shot in a confrontation with the police.
    https://tuckbot.tv/#/watch/iixaux

For all the talk about how Mr. Rittenhouse is a hero standing up against a broken society. Could you explain his actions here seeming as you are against assault and thuggish behaviour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,491 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

https://tuckbot.tv/#/watch/iixaux

For all the talk about how Mr. Rittenhouse is a hero standing up against a broken society. Could you explain his actions here seeming as you are against assault and thuggish behaviour?

Oh,are people's past actions relevant now? So we should care about all the ****ty things Floyd, Brooks, Blake and the guys shot in Kenosha did prior then?

Oh,are people's past actions relevant now? So we should care about all the ****ty things Floyd, Brooks, Blake and the guys shot in Kenosha did prior then?

I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the poster I quoted.

Mr. Rittenhouse will spend a long time in a jail for murders he committed.

I can see why people want to talk about it but not how it has virtually any escalating or extenuating influence on the moments that lead up to the dispatch of lethal force, unless an officer is already aware of the suspects record.

Where it becomes dickish victim blaming for example is like when Botham Jean was murdered in his apartment and some people (not here necessarily, just online and in the media) made a big deal of there being pot in his house. The problem there is the pot had no bearing on his murder: Amber Guyger mistook Jeans apartment for her own and shot him when he found him inside. But it didn’t stop people at the time from saying “she was justified 100%” “got what he deserved” “one less thug on the street anyway” etc because he had pot at home.

As far as the Rittenhouse trial goes at this stage, we have a lot of blaming of the victims in the case for past crimes some of which have no compelling rationale for making the focus of attention, thusly to justify comments like “they got what they deserved” “2 less scum on the street” “did his country a favor” “100% justified” “I want him as my president.”

Rittenhouse is not a victim.

The only purpose in discussing the past behavior of Floyd and other victims is to oppress the movement toward police reform. Certainly if you want to denounce their past crimes denounce them. They were crimes. In a lot of the above cases though they served their time and served all restitution of their deeds. It is therefore that under the law they are as equal as anyone else and should be treated with the dignity of life.

I was pointing out the hypocrisy of the poster I quoted.

Mr. Rittenhouse will spend a long time in a jail for murders he committed.

The irony of you trying to claim other posters are hypocrites

The irony of you trying to claim other posters are hypocrites

Aww, buddy. Maybe you could explain to me how fentanyl use, cardiovascular disease and covid were more at fault for his death than the neck restraint? You seem like quite the "expert" with your declarations.

Aww, buddy. Maybe you could explain to me how fentanyl use, cardiovascular disease and covid were more at fault for his death than the neck restraint? You seem like quite the "expert" with your declarations.

I didn't say they were more at fault, but they were certainly a factor. As was seen in the case of Tony Timpa, it's likely the compression of Floyd's chest that was more deletrious than the knee across his neck.

Buddy

Wasn’t someone earlier today peddling that tired line about colleges being liberal brainwashing machines or whatever:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/college-republicans-raise-money-for-alleged-murderer-kyle-rittenhouse/

College Republicans raise money for Rittenhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

More "protesting" by our friends in the Blm
    This Vietnamese restaurant has been run by the same family for two generations and more than 30 years. Now it’s covered in glass and boarded up again.

“To be honest this hurts a lot,” Toom Nguyen said. “Just to see this happening to us here.”

Toom, one of the restaurant’s owners, said the employees closed down the restaurant before the violence made its way from Nicollet Mall toward Loring Park.

“They just broke stuff for no reason,” Yoom Nguyen said.

His brother Yoom came to check on the restaurant around 9 ‘o’clock Wednesday night. He told the growing crowd they were a family-owned restaurant and didn’t have anything inside of value.

You know we work hard, we’re all minorities, just don’t do that stuff and the thought he could have lost his life or someone could have gotten really hurt — it made me question a lot of things,” co-owner Yoom Nguyen said.

The owners said the civil unrest after George Floyd’s death caused around 30 thousand dollars worth of damage to the restaurant. They are unsure how much longer Lotus will be able to stay downtown.

“Our staff is scared,” Yoom said. “We don’t have any leadership or protection, we don’t know what to do here.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/08/27/family-owned-lotus-restaurant-among-minneapolis-businesses-looted-in-wednesday-night-riots/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

And this contributes to fighting racism, how?
    This is just senseless destruction for its own sake.

Burn Loot Murder & repeat ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Just one city in the Midwest ...

List Of Businesses Damaged Or Looted In Minneapolis Overnight (27/08/2020)

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Looters smashed the windows at dozens of buildings in downtown Minneapolis and ransacked several businesses following a rumor that police killed a man on Nicollet Mall, even though authorities promptly released a video showing the man, a homicide suspect, shooting himself.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/08/27/list-of-businesses-damaged-or-looted-in-minneapolis-overnight/

This violence is being repeated all over the US.
    There's a need to stop supporting this type of criminality.

Advertisement