Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

Shocking scenes coming out of Portland tonight.
    This is what happens when the fringes on both sides have the loudest voices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

The identity politics, the divisions, the anger, etc has spread outside the US. Within the US, the extremists spouting anarchy, have gained support, and credibility among many. An effective campaign, all in all.

All you need to see are the numbers of people defending the more extreme elements of BLM to know that they've achieved so much. There will be change, but whether that change will be positive or negative is anyone's guess. Personally, considering the hate and double standards arising from all this, the changes will likely be mostly negative, especially in the long run.
    There will be change, you will see more black people murdered by other black people and the media and certain people on boards.ie will with a straight face blame white people.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Shocking scenes coming out of Portland tonight.
    This is what happens when the fringes on both sides have the loudest voices.

And its going to get much worse.

I don't care about these attention seeking idiots battering each other, but the police have enough to be at then dealing with this bull****.

Its going to get worse also, as both sides will just blame each other and it will get worse and worse.

Simply said the nazis are taking over our safe space guys. Let’s rally yo and make sure nazism is silent in our lives. Stay safe mofos.

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I wouldn't limit it to being shot, we've seen many other ways that cops have killed people outside of shooting.

You are aware that people can have biases against people of their own race/nationality/gender/etc...

Are you just annoyed white people aren't getting enough attention? Seems pretty fragile, especially as protesters are demanding improvement to police practices that would only help people of all races.
    Hey lad, the bLM mob only care about black people, they don't give a damn about other races.
    The quicker you get that through your head the better for you.

Cop lovers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Hey lad, the bLM mob only care black people, they don't give a damn about other races.
    The quicker you get that through your head the better for you.

Black-Lives-Matter3.jpg

duhhhh.jpg?resize=617%2C418

EZxMP6bX0AIggNY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Firstly black lives do matter, but there is an element of these protests that are about anarchy and destruction. It would help the movement if there was some condemnation of this and the intimidation seen this week.

America is in serious trouble, i feel very sorry for those caught in the crossfire.

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshglancy/status/1299734436792197120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

`

HELLO
    The Staff looked Hispanic and the only language heard from the drive thru window was Spanish, so I conclude they were Hispanic, not Hawaiian.

Hawaiians can and do speak Spanish. Looking Hispanic and speaking Spanish doesn’t make someone Hispanic. Native Americans, Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders, Inuit etc heritaged people could all easily be mistaken for “looking Hispanic” and given Spanish is the 2nd most common language in North America, is not actually that preposterous for people to know how to speak and most American business function bilingually. ‘Para español, marcar cinco.’
    We were stuck in the drive thru for a while, I spotted the armed guard wandering around, and I took the picture shortly after placing our order.

So you were there in the drive thru and you saw a man in a security uniform waiting in the waiting area of the Burger King? The same place people wait while their orders are made, when they order inside. There’s reasonable doubt to whether he isn’t simply a customer eating fast food, same as you were at the time.
    “Ultimately, I'm not sure what it adds to this discussion”
    It is hard to have a discussion when dealing with people who refuse to answer a simple question.

What was the question again sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Firstly black lives do matter, but there is an element of these protests that are about anarchy and destruction. It would help the movement if there was some condemnation of this and the intimidation seen this week.

America is in serious trouble, i feel very sorry for those caught in the crossfire.

The cavalry are on the way.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1299899331869396995?s=20

Trump now evens in the presidential betting. Super strong come back. Biden got zero boost

Trump now evens in the presidential betting. Super strong come back. Biden got zero boost

Not what it needs either. Like fuel on a fire. I am surprised its taken this long

One of the trump supporters tool a bottle of mace to a gun fight with a BLM supporter and is now dead.
    I don't have much sympathy for the victim if he was deliberately antagonising people but this is all going to get much worse now.
    BLM matter supporters on megaphones openly calling for violence against police. Its insane. Trump and his far right base is the only winner out of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,393 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not what it needs either. Like fuel on a fire. I am surprised its taken this long

I’m less concerned about how much gas he can pour in Portland right now, than I am what he plans to do in Kenosha. If it involves anything less than a miracle unification speech, it will likely involve taking sides in the Rittenhouse shootings which will just divide people further.

They are just as entitled to get together as any other group.
    Less buildings might end up burnt too

They are just as entitled to get together as any other group.
    Less buildings might end up burnt too

One group is protesting against police prejudice and brutality.

What is this group doing?

Getting together and having a party. Not every group wants to wreck the place. Not every meet up is a protest or riot.

Okaaayyyy.......

Overheal wrote: »
    I’m less concerned about how much gas he can pour in Portland right now, than I am what he plans to do in Kenosha. If it involves anything less than a miracle unification speech, it will likely involve taking sides in the Rittenhouse shootings which will just divide people further.

I don't really understand the US and its multiple layers but leadership isn't only needed from the president, its needed from the Governors, Senators, Presidential nominees and the leaders of various organisations. It feel like asking the head of the EU alone to solve an issue (bad analogy likely).

I understand that Trump is handling this badly but NOBODY seems to be handling it well at all - all fueled by a truely awful segmented and cheer leading media on all sides, exacerbated by the smart phone wielding morons recording everything that suits their narrative.

These are peoples livelihoods, this is people's lives, it's not a football match where you blindly cheer your favourite team regardless.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be dying on any hill with these guys. This is not a good look...

https://twitter.com/_BrendonLeslie/status/1299896694088388609?s=20

Disc: I don't care what twitter page its from as the video does not lie. I am not right wing/nazi/racist

These are peoples livelihoods, this is people's lives, it's not a football match where you blindly cheer your favourite team regardless.

Funny you should say that to Overheal..

Disc: I don't care what twitter page its from as the video does not lie. I am not right wing/nazi/racist

Protesting violence by promoting violence.

Talking about murdering police officers and burning down buildings.

This isnt a protest this is a threat of domestic terrorism

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Are they a new group, do they have a name?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 drunkmonkey911

What an utterly brainless moron that speaker is...I think I'm probably even being generous here describing him as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

What crime had Eric Garner committed that warranted him being killed?
    What crime had Tamir Rice committed that warranted him being killed?
    What crime had Breonna Taylor committed that warranted her being killed?
    What crime had George Floyd committed that warranted him being killed?
    What crime had Jacob Blake committed that warranted him being paralysed?

All acts above carried out by people expressively paid and instructed to keep people in society safe.

That is why there are protests. A police force cannot use excessive force or treat one sector of society in a different way to others.

They don't treat one sector in a different way. Black people are more likely to be involved in crime. The stats don't lie.

They don't treat one sector in a different way. Black people are more likely to be involved in crime. The stats don't lie.

What about this? Seems to have been skipped over for some reason

What about this? Seems to have been skipped over for some reason

What has that to do with the questions asked?

• Advertisement

All those questions were answered earlier in the thread too..

Advertisement