Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

What has that to do with the questions asked?

So you condone it? I'm trying to read between the lines because you won't comment on it.

Do you have a lost if white people killed by the police too?
    Do you have a list of police officers who were killed on duty too?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,674 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

All those questions were answered earlier in the thread too..

Link please.

Link please.

Go back to the first couple of times you asked it..it was answered line by line at least once..

Link please.

Dont provide link

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What crime had Eric Garner committed that warranted him being killed?
    What crime had Tamir Rice committed that warranted him being killed?
    What crime had Breonna Taylor committed that warranted her being killed?
    What crime had George Floyd committed that warranted him being killed?
    What crime had Jacob Blake committed that warranted him being paralysed?

They shouldn't have been killed/paralysed in that manner. It was wrong

What crime had the Vietnamese restaurant owner committed that warranted it being destroyed?
    What crime had the bar owner committed that warranted it being destroyed?
    What crime had the nail salon owner committed that warranted it being destroyed?
    What crime had the ice cream shop owner committed that warranted it being destroyed?

• Advertisement

So you condone it? I'm trying to read between the lines because you won't comment on it.

I don't for a second condone violent behaviour.
    I think he is part of the 0.05% of people who are looking to cause trouble.

Dont provide link

Lol.

They shouldn't have been killed/paralysed in that manner. It was wrong

What crime had the Vietnamese restaurant owner committed that warranted it being destroyed?
    What crime had the bar owner committed that warranted it being destroyed?
    What crime had the nail salon owner committed that warranted it being destroyed?
    What crime had the ice cream shop owner committed that warranted it being destroyed?

None
    None
    None
    None.

None
    None
    None
    None.

Yet it appears you have no problem with any of it

Yet it appears you have no problem with any of it

Yeah?
    How does it appear that way?

• Advertisement

I don't for a second condone violent behaviour.
    I think he is part of the 0.05% of people who are looking to cause trouble.

Fair enough but I'd say it's closer to 10%.

Those people shouldn't have been murdered by police either and the officers responsible should be imprisoned.

So what's the solution?

Yeah?
    How does it appear that way?

You fail to condem any element of BLM yet would be screaming about it if "the other team did it".

Why has there been so much destruction as part of these protests? Why have these protests led to much more destruction of property and livelihoods them other protests that have taken place in the last few year?

Why has nobody from BLM condemned this destruction? Its counter productive and may well end with that moron in office again, and further division.

You fail to condem any element of BLM yet would be screaming about it if "the other team did it".

Why has there been so much destruction as part of these protests? Why have these protests led to much more destruction of property and livelihoods them other protests that have taken place in the last few year?

Why has nobody from BLM condemned this destruction? Its counter productive and may well end with that moron in office again, and further division.

The continued violence and rioting will put Trump back in office. The kicker nobody saw coming lol

The continued violence and rioting will put Trump back in office. The kicker nobody saw coming lol

I really hope not. If Trump wins this will escalate

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Aww, buddy.
    As was seen in the case of Tony Timpa, it's likely the compression of Floyd's chest that was more deletrious than the knee across his neck.

Buddy

Mod: Quit it with the antagonistic posting, I will remove both of you from the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

This is you essentially saying that the crying children must be given their way. If Trump wins and it escalates, it won't be his fault, it will still be the fault of the people committing these actions.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TomTomTim wrote: »
    This is you essentially saying that the crying children must be given their way. If Trump wins and it escalates, it won't be his fault, it will still be the fault of the people committing these actions.

I never said it would his fault. It is the fault of the people commiting crimes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Holy sh#t lads the USA is fecked, watching clips online I can't see how anyone with the right mind would agree with this carry on!!!! Singing and dancing in the streets of Portland when a person is murdered setting up gofundme pages for criminals, harassing people having dinner, destoying people's business , beaten up random people on the street, I couldn't care less about any of the right wing crowd( supremacists that's what you are if you don't agree with the mob or Nazi but it's the BLM crowd making people raise the fist if not your scum!!!)
    I see the people who have put BLM on a pedestal won't condone these but try to change the narrative, It's so disappointing on here to see the thread going back and forth and still coming up with what was started on the first page, the lads who disagree with BLM are not racists etc etc, they can see both sides but the narrative of the BLM, BLm crowd is our way or shut the f#ck up, I feel sad for the American lads on here championing them, it's your country lads and the cities are burning, your country men are dying, but your on an irish form defending what's going on.

I can honestly see trump being assassinated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Cody montana

No wonder he put up a wall around the White House.
    People are angry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

These people will try escalate either way. Joe Biden is as much an enemy of theirs as Trump.

Either way I think some will develop in to a Red Army Faction type murder gang.

That will certainly be more intense if Trump wins.

It's going to escalate regardless of whether Trump stays or goes.

I don't understand the willful avoidance of recognising the movements associated with BLM. BLM activists campaign for anarchy and violent behavior as a way to generate attention for their 'causes'. They've gained momentum, and they're not going to allow that momentum to dissipate until they get what they want. Which means a lot more violence to come.

They'll take out soft targets, his supporters, business people, journalists, police on the beat,Jews - cause Zionism etc. Other Democrats who aren't pure enough ideologically, each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

Lol it looks like the BLM supporter who shot dead the trump supporter in Portland overnight may have a (albeit weak) claim of self defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

A handful of people in a few years. 440 people killed in Chicago this year . And all the idiots want to defund the police. What planet do they live on . It's a bit hard to take BLM seriously when black people shoot other black people by the thousands every year .

https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/08/03/chicago-sees-its-most-violent-month-in-28-years-as-murders-shootings-skyrocket/

CHICAGO — Murders and shootings in July increased drastically from 2019, according to new data released by the Chicago Police.

Chicago had 105 murders in July, more than double the 44 in July 2019, and 584 shooting victims is also up dramatically from the same period last year, with 308 reported in July 2019. July was the most violent month in 28 years, according to the Tribune.

July’s largest incident happened July 21, when 15 people were shot outside a funeral home in Gresham. The youngest victims in July include a baby shot on July 27 while riding in a car on the Bishop Ford Expressway in the Far South Side, a 3-year-old girl shot and seriously wounded in South Shore, and a 5-month-old baby shot and wounded in Old Town July 16.

So far this year, murders have nearly doubled from 2019, with 440 from January through July, up from 232 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Danzy wrote: »
    They'll take out soft targets, his supporters, business people, journalists, police on the beat,Jews - cause Zionism etc. Other Democrats who aren't pure enough ideologically, each other.

Don’t be ridiculous.

Lol it looks like the BLM supporter who shot dead the trump supporter in Portland overnight may have a (albeit weak) claim of self defence.

If it is legally valid, it is legally valid.

When you look at that muppet shot in Austin or the 3 creeps in Kenosha, they all pointed guns at people, attacked. That's enough to justify self defense.

If he was attacked and had reason to fear for his life and it's proved to be a valid, then it's valid.

Don’t be ridiculous.

It wouldn't be the first time.

Look at Germany in the 70s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

All answered already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

Danzy wrote: »
    If it is legally valid, it is legally valid.

When you look at that muppet shot in Austin or the 3 creeps in Kenosha, they all pointed guns at people, attacked. That's enough to justify self defense.

If he was attacked and had reason to fear for his life and it's proved to be a valid, then it's valid.

I don't disagree. Its impossible to tell at the moment but some of the same people calling Rittenhouse a crazed killer are trying to say this guy shot his victim as he mistook a mace can as a gun.

Advertisement