Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1299983990351257600?s=19

Army needs to be sent in and wipe these Antifa/BLM terrorists off the streets

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1299983990351257600?s=19

Army needs to be sent in and wipe these Antifa/BLM terrorists off the streets

While self defense is permitted, you would have to lean toward him being killed because he planned to vote in a way that displeased those around him. If they blocked his way and surrounded him, they were the aggressors.

We'll learn more in the days ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I have said on a number of time on this thread over the last weeks that I suspect that many of those arguing against the BLM movement now would have been arguing against the civil rights marches and particularly the efforts MLK during the 60's had they and Boards been around to discuss it then.
    This tweet shows just how some chose to portray his efforts at that time.

https://twitter.com/CDRosa/status/1299775027966087169

History is repeating. And hopefully this period will ultimately result in progress just as that one did.

Do you realise just how many variations of that stupid trite argument - you have used across countless threads? You are now suggesting that those who you disagree with are 'racists' lol

Where you disagree with another posters opinion - you repeatedly infer that other posters are somehow morally suspect against your belief in the self righteousness of your own. And as many posters have rightly pointed out. Thats complete bollix.

Btw this is what was posted in reply the last time you came up with the same ridiculous lack of logic

You clearly know nothing of the black rights movement in the US if you believe the lie that the current protests has any comparison with the protests of the 1960s.

Don't believe me no? How about the opinion of a civil rights activist of that era? Perhaps you think she is a racist sterotype as well? According to your own warped logic she too must also have been agsinst civil rights marches!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/08/24/i-was-a-civil-rights-activist-in-the-1960s-but-its-hard-for-me-to-get-behind-black-lives-matter/

...at protests today, it is difficult to distinguish legitimate activists from the mob actors who burn and loot. The demonstrations are peppered with hate speech, profanity, ..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

After doing more digging, it seems quite possible that Rittenhouse was legally carrying the rifle.

The exceptions to the offense of 'carrying a weapon under age 18' are in Wisconsin statute 948.60. Astonishingly called "Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18". https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/948/60

Section 2a. "(a) Any person under 18 years of age who possesses or goes armed with a dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor"

That's about as far as most analysis on the matter goes.

"Dangerous weapon" is defined in Section 1. Any firearm, taser, stun-gun, brass knuckles or similar, shuriken, nunchuks and some other martial arts things.

Great. The problem is that nobody seems to be going down to section 3c, which is a specific exception for rifles and shotguns. If he had a pistol or shuriken he'd be hosed, but if armed (it uses the word 'armed') with a rifle or shotgun, in order to fall afoul of section 2a, not only must he be under 18, he must also be in violation of any one of three listed laws.

The first is if he's armed with a short-barrelled shotgun or rifle, which are commonly restricted weapons in the US. He is not, so he does not fall afoul of that particular law.
    The second is if he's under 16. (It's a slew of regulations covering required adult supervision, participation in training courses etc). He is not, so he does not fall afoul of that.
    The third is the only possible violation, and it is unfortunately very badly written. https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/29/VIII/593
    It is a requirement that in order to obtain a hunting license, a minor needs to have completed an approved course of instruction.

The problem is that the act of carrying a rifle has nothing to do with getting a hunting license, and there is nothing in the legislation saying that the rifle exemption only applies in the case of hunting activity.

There are three different intents I can come up with that the legislation had in mind when they wrote the law, two of which would grant him exemption, either of which can be interpreted straight from the legislation. The third, which would result in his being illegally armed requires an inference not written the law (i.e. that the exemption only applies when in the act of hunting).

A court is almost certain to go by 'what is written in the law', not 'what we think they really meant'.

Why are you posting facts? Narrative is what counts. Apparently, the kid is a white supremacist according to some here. Now, why he only shot white people who were attacking him is a detail that eludes us, but rest assured the kid is worse than Hitler, and possibly even worse than Trump. :o

Danzy wrote: »
    They'll take out soft targets, his supporters, business people, journalists, police on the beat,Jews - cause Zionism etc. Other Democrats who aren't pure enough ideologically, each other.

Got any examples of this? Threats against journalists including bombs were done by a Trump supporter. The shooting of Jewish of people a few years back was done by a right wing loon.

• Advertisement

Got any examples of this? Threats against journalists including bombs were done by a Trump supporter. The shooting of Jewish of people a few years back was done by a right wing loon.
    Nothing to say about your Antifa boys executing a Trump supporter last night??? Didn't think so..

Do you really think a 2A rights enthusiast and owner of a gun business is going to be objective?

Well as I reposted the video detailing this - let me see 'Tell me how' - how exactly would this particular persons opinion on the issue of the Kyle Rittenhouse incident be better than your own?

He's a lawyer
    He's African American
    He knows about the legalities of gun ownership and gun control
    He lives in the US

So yes I guess the guy most likley knows a hell of a lot more than anyone here. Including you.

I'd suggest you watch again without the bias

Nothing to say about your Antifa boys executing a Trump supporter last night??? Didn't think so..

I'm not seeing any indication that antifa was responsible. I would hope the party is prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Which seems to be more than what a lot of posters want for the killings in Kenosha.
    gozunda wrote: »
    Well as I reposted the video detailing this - let me see 'Tell me how' - how exactly would this particular persons opinion on the issue of the Kyle Rittenhouse incident be better than your own?

He's a lawyer
    He's African American
    He knows about gun ownership and gun control
    He lives in the US

So yes I guess the guy most likley knows a hell of a lot more than anyone here. Including you.

Overheal is American and is pretty knowledgeable on gun control etc. You guys really seem to value his opinion..

I'm not seeing any indication that antifa was responsible. I would hope the party is prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Which seems to be more than what a lot of posters want for the killings in Kenosha.

Nope because Kyle was being attacked and fighting for his life he took out 3 scumbags one armed with a handgun!
    It would be best for people to stay out of these Democratic run cities until the Army are sent in to clear out the Antifa Terrorists though

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

look at this ****. These people, out having a meal, are surrounded and intimidated into raising their arms and chanting along with the mob.

https://twitter.com/rawsmedia/status/1299875557568655364?s=20

https://twitter.com/rawsmedia/status/1299876371456495616?s=20

Not far away a BLM leader is giving what he probably believes is his MLK moment (FYI 8 cops have been shot in St Louis alone since June 1st inc 2 yesterday).....

https://twitter.com/_BrendonLeslie/status/1299896694088388609?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I see trump supporters were shooting paintballs and spraying pepper spray into people yesterday.

This violence must stop.

Overheal is American and is pretty knowledgeable on gun control etc. You guys really seem to value his opinion..

Yeah I think that's figured that already tbh. And from the comments here he's no lawyer. Whether anyone likes guns or otherwise - the fact is gun ownership is legal in the states. Anti gun tirades are not particulary useful in this case tbh.

I think I'll stick with the detailed analysis from the African American Lawyer thanks all the same.

Nope because Kyle was being attacked and fighting for his life he took out 3 scumbags one armed with a handgun!
    It would be best for people to stay out of these Democratic run cities until the Army are sent in to clear out the Antifa Terrorists though

There's still very little to backup that he was fighting for his life. We do have evidence that he broke multiple laws to even get there. The video of him punching a woman would also make him a bit of a scumbag in his own right.

I'm sure you'll happily recognise whatever the conclusion of his trial is.
    Yeah I think that's figured that already tbh. And from the comments here he's no lawyer either. Whether anyone likes guns or otherwise - the fact is gun ownership is legal in the states. Anti gun tirades are not particulary useful in this case tbh.

I'll stick with the opinion if the guy in the vidro thanks all the same.

Far from an antigun tirade to state he broke multiple laws to get to the point where two people ended up dead... Also the prosecutors view there to be a credible case.

There's still very little to backup that he was fighting for his life. We do have evidence that he broke multiple laws to even get there. The video of him punching a woman would also make him a bit of a scumbag in his own right.I'm sure you'll happily recognise whatever the conclusion of his trial is.Far from an antigun tirade to state he broke multiple laws to get to the point where two people ended up dead... Also the prosecutors view there to be a credible case.

Determined to hang the kid before any due process of law eh? Btw Love your use of language - where you describe the guy as a 'scumbag'. Yeah there was plenty of 'scumbags' there that day - perhaps you dont know that?

Reckon you haven't watched the video posted by the African American lawyer or even bothered reading the transcript no?

Here the concluding paragraphs if you missed it.
    Yes, Kyle probably broke the law in that he was a minor open carrying a firearm. However, Kyle breaking that law does not mean he forfeits his right to self-defense if it is justified. This is similar to a situation in which I’m a felon and I have a gun that I use to protect myself during a home invasion. I’m still going to jail, but not for murder.

It’ll be for me having a gun as a felon because my use of deadly force with that gun even though it was illegal for me to have, was justified. In this case from the looks of the information up to this point, legally, he was justified. Because of this, I think Kyle is going to plead to the lesser charge of open carrying a firearm as a minor, but I don’t see him getting convicted of murder.

I don't think he is necessarily is a scumbag. He is a criminal though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I see trump supporters were shooting paintballs and spraying pepper spray into people yesterday.

This violence must stop.

I think everyone agrees on that. All involved must stop violence and destruction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

This one boiled my p*ss out of all the videos of BLM/Antifa attacking and harassing people in the streets.

This is what Antifa does, they will bait the regular people, opposing protesters and police to a fight relentlessly, right up until one of them does something that poses a threat and takes action after much antagonizing. Where they just "caught in the crossfire" as an Overheal put it before. Once people respond to these beta type males, that is when BLM/Antifa starts to play the victim as if they are being attacked/assaulted for no reason. As seen in the video one p*ss ant cowers away but when caught and the mob has him he regrows his balls and continues to the man in the head repeatedly. Vermin.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1299938635437936640

I think everyone agrees on that. All involved must stop violence and destruction

The division must stop, the police brutality must stop, the rioting much stop, the shooting must stop.

A healer is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I'd suggest you watch again without the bias

It's certainly not a cut and dried case, but that video is itself openly biased coming from an advocacy group for vigilantism.

I don't think he is necessarily is a scumbag. He is a criminal though

Plenty of criminals at that blm protest all right.

According to that lawyer Yes, Kyle probably broke the law in that he was a minor open carrying a firearm. Though I guess time will tell.

Now time to drop the bs about the growing criminal element of these protests and let the law deal with those who are looting and destroying neighbourhoods and attacking people regardless of their colour or ethnicity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The division must stop, the police brutality must stop, the rioting much stop, the shooting must stop.

A healer is needed.

He is in Kenosha on Tuesday.

Danzy wrote: »
    He is in Kenosha on Tuesday.

He could escalate the situation.

Phoebas wrote: »
    It's certainly not a cut and dried case, but that video is itself openly biased coming from an advocacy group for vigilantism.

As detailed before - the video was created by an African American lawyer with a professional knowledge of gun ownership. As far as I can see he has given a very thorough legal analysis of what happened.

So do you have a problem with that person? And are you're inferring he is a 'vigilante'? Now that would be fuked up lol.

Twist it as you want. Certain elements of blm seem to be also very good at that kinda thing tbh

As detailed before - the video was created by an African American lawyer with a professional knowledge of gun ownership. So do you have a problem with that person? And are you're inferring he is a 'vigilante'? Now thats fuked up lol.

Twist it as you want. Certain elements of blm seem to be very good at that kinda thing tbh

I'm not making any value judgements about the guy, but he is a well known gun rights advocate and in the video advocates for the USCCA.

Nothing wrong with any of that per se, but he isn't bringing an unbiased view to the table. A jury will do that in due course.

Phoebas wrote: »
    I'm not making any value judgements about the guy, but he is a well known gun rights advocate and in the video advocates for the USCCA.

Nothing wrong with any of that per se, but he isn't bringing an unbiased view to the table. A jury will do that in due course.

Does he? I read the transcript and watched the video. And imo he gives a fairly balanced anslysis of the legalities of the situation incuding the legalities of gun ownership.

By specifically pointing out he evidently supports legal gun ownership - it would appear you do have a problem with that issue tbh. If he was white - would you accuse him of being biased?

But yes I agree let the lynch mobs be answerable elsewhere. The matter will be dealt with in a court of law..

This one boiled my p*ss out of all the videos of BLM/Antifa attacking and harassing people in the streets.

This is what Antifa does, they will bait the regular people, opposing protesters and police to a fight relentlessly, right up until one of them does something that poses a threat and takes action after much antagonizing. Where they just "caught in the crossfire" as an Overheal put it before. Once people respond to these beta type males, that is when BLM/Antifa starts to play the victim as if they are being attacked/assaulted for no reason. As seen in the video one p*ss ant cowers away but when caught and the mob has him he regrows his balls and continues to the man in the head repeatedly. Vermin.

I await ProtonMikes stock answer of "Nothing to say they are part of Antifa/BLM)!

I await ProtonMikes stock answer of "Nothing to say they are part of Antifa/BLM)!

I said that the person who murdered the man should be prosecuted. No news report referred to the killer as either antifa or blm. In terms of me having any time for Ngo videos, I really don't. You seem a bit obsessed with me, it's a bit weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

They're nothing but scum , why isn't there a curfew in Portland and anyone that's dressed in black with their face covered arrested . They're just there to cause trouble . Portland is a cesspool of far left SJW liberalism . 90 days this is going on, do they have no life outside protesting .

Does he? I read the transcript and watched the video. And imo he gives a fairly balanced anslysis of the legalities of the situation incuding the legalities of gun ownership.

By specifically pointing out he evidently supports legal gun ownership - it would appear you do have a problem with that issue tbh. If he was white - would you accuse him of being biased?

But yes I agree let the lynch mobs be answerable elsewhere. The matter will be dealt with in a court of law..
    If you didn't see him advocate for the USCCA then you didn't actually watch the video you posted.
    He talks about the benefits of USCCA membership, he provides a link and invites viewers to click on it. He talks about the benefits of the insurance policy you can get from them.

I've got no problem with any of that by the way, but you posted the video and asked people here to watch it in an unbiased way, but the guy is not unbiased himself (and that's fine - it's perfectly ok to have a bias). You didn't know this because you clearly didn't watch the video yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

It seems a very strange situation with the second killing that he sorta agrees that both sides had a legal right to do what they did. Rittenhouse acting in self defence as the guy pulled a gun on him and the second victim thinking he was stopping a murderer who had shot someone already unprovoked. So whoever survived would probably not be prosecuted. What a messed up situation American gun laws are.

Advertisement