Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 drunkmonkey911

Foxtrol wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what they were doing when they have the right to cross the street and the car has a red light so cant drive through them.

Of course it matters. If they were merely exercising their right to cross the street, which they may well have been doing, that's completely acceptable. But the clip doesn't demonstrate that. Again, the clip is too short and doesn't provide context.

You're straying from the evidence and responding emotionally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,840 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

gozunda wrote: »
    His "blackness"???

Holy God what are on about now?

The above comment was a reply to 'Tell me how' claiming the lawyers opinion had no merit because he supports legal gun ownership.

Tell me how went on to say that posters should take a look at his profile - so I did. And thats his profile. You got a problem with that?

You credited him and one of your stated reasons he is African American. Why does it affect his credibility on the subject matter of Gun law? Why mention it?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Looks like a pretty straight out murder to me , " we got a Trumper here " then he shots him .

https://twitter.com/OrwellOf/status/1300101859328380929?s=20

BLM/Antifa Terrorism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Since the lad killed those people posters have been trying to humanize him by calling him a kid that made a mistake. It is very relevant to point out that if his classmates said he used to threaten them and there is a video of him attacking a girl a month before the shootings the defense will struggle to point to his character as it opens the prosecution to bring this stuff in.
    Are you really 'Well Ackchyuallying' the dictionary definition of a term???:Your made up definition does not overrule all.
    Because teenagers get in this stuff all the time and people either dont report it to the police or they dont file charges. It doesn't mean it cant be used in court against him if the defense start trying to make him out as being a nice quiet kid. The fight and the threats show he has a temper and lashes out.

Missed the point again I see.

You are taking comments you are reading on twitter as gospel.

Those comments - like all such comnents are little better than fiction. You have no idea what happened. And no you are not a lawyer. So you dont get to call what is relevant or otherwise. Funny that you actually had to look up what sucker punch meant lol.

I borrowed this as it was better suited here :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Missed the point again I see.

You are taking comments you are reading on twitter as gospel.

Those comments - like all such comnents are little better than fiction. You have no idea what happened. And no you are not a lawyer. So you dont get to call what is relevant or otherwise. Funny that you actually had to look up what sucker punch meant lol.

I borrowed this as it was better suited here :rolleyes:

Since you’re also not a lawyer aren’t you just arguing yourself out of the discussion as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Trump supporters driving through a red light, knocking over pedestrians, and bear macing people on the street. Nice the president is supporting this 'peaceful protest'.

https://twitter.com/TheRealCoryElia/status/1299908378810957825?s=20

Can't stop watching this. And then they throw water to the macees :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

48 year old professional snowboarder right lol

he was the guy who was pointing the gun at the 17 year old when he was shot right ?

no wonder he was shy about being interviewed

His "blackness"???

Holy God what are on about now?

The above comment was a reply to 'Tell me how' claiming the lawyers opinion had no merit because he supports legal gun ownership.

Usually, if I'm looking for legal opinions, I base it on their qualifications rather than the colour of their skin. Why the need to identify him as black? The race of your solicitor doesn't really affect if their opinion is valid or not.

Valuing ones opinion of legal advice based on the race of the solicitor is something that would not even come into my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

mynamejeff wrote: »

he was the guy who was pointing the gun at the 17 year old when he was shot right ?

no wonder he was shy about being interviewed

That is not correct unless the man has a time machine the video was uploaded to YouTube on the 27th of July so he was interviewed well before that event occurred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Looks like a pretty straight out murder to me , " we got a Trumper here " then he shots him .

https://twitter.com/OrwellOf/status/1300101859328380929?s=20

"We got someone here"

"Right here?" bang bang, movie style. Idiots running wild.

Overheal wrote: »
    You credited him and one of your stated reasons he is African American. Why does it affect his credibility on the subject matter of Gun law? Why mention it?

Lol. Well again as detailed "Tell me how" was attempting to rubbish the validity of the guys opinion because he supports legal gun ownership and to check out his Profile. And yes thats his profile. You got a problem with that too or? Seems he's a lot more than the "gun nut' some here would paint him ...
    Do you really think a 2A rights enthusiast and owner of a gun business is going to be objective?

Funny that when the pro blm protestors here don't like anyone else they claim they are not being "objective"

Lol. Well again as detailed "Tell me how" was attempting to rubbish the validity of the guys opinion because he supports legal gun ownership and to check out his Profile. And yes thats his profile. You got a problem with that too or? Seems he's a lot more than the "gun nut' some here would paint him ...

Funny that when the pro blm protestors here don't like anyone else they claim they are not being "objective"

But why do you need to identify him as African American? Do you prefer to Caucasian solicitors as white. Why the need to differentiate between black and white solicitors?

So been African American is a choice like been pro gun?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 drunkmonkey911

Yes, I was about to respond similar but you got there before me. If we're going to discuss a bias that a person may have in order to discredit him then we can't ignore bias that would potentially be in the other direction.

The point here is that if you're going to say "He like guns, therefore he defends guns", equally you can expect people to say "He is black, therefor he defends BLM".

Since you’re also not a lawyer aren’t you just arguing yourself out of the discussion as well?

Nope. Not the one screaming about some teenagers fighting based on vague accounts from twitter and how it will definitely impact a legal case that has yet to go to trial.

But I reckon you know that already or is it that you actually believe stiring such ****e is going to help anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

But why do you need to identify him as African American? Do you prefer to Caucasian solicitors as white. Why the need to differentiate between black and white solicitors?

why do you need to differentiate between black and white victims or cops or offenders ?

are you saying race isn't an issue here ?

Surely it should be the ALL lives matter movement then .

This still fails to answer the question of why you endorsed his opinion off the back of him being an African American

Nope. Not the one screaming about some teenagers fighting based on vague accounts from twitter and how it will definitely impact a legal case that has yet to go to trial.

But I reckon you know that already or is it that you actually believe stiring such ****e is going to help anyone?

Surely stirring **** is telling a fellow user they have no right to validity of opinion because they aren’t a lawyer, especially when the person stirring that **** is themselves not a lawyer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

As best I understand it he was being chased after having shot the first person dead. And the reason I am asking if he was cornered is because that is what the poster was claiming, so it is pretty important information regarding their post.

No, there's video footage showing him being chased and having stuff fired at him before he shot the first person dead. That's pretty clear in the video footage.
    That video however does show people around the cars, but it does not show Rittenhouse surrounded as you stated. He shot, people chased him - the video starts right as they had begun to chase. Its hard to tell but looks like it was likely recording prior to the part we have seen, which makes me curious why they cut out what happened before unless it didn't suit their claims.

Regarding the very first of the three people that KR shot, where is the evidence that KR shot first, and then ran and was chased? I didn't see that in any video clip.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    why do you need to differentiate between black and white victims or cops or offenders ?

are you saying race isn't an issue here ?

Surely it should be the ALL lives matter movement then .

So you are saying that ones skin colour qualifys them on whether their legal opinion matters or not? Genuinely curious, if I wanted a solicitor, I would choose the one who would best represent not the best one who ,*insert random race* would best represent me.

• Advertisement

Yes, I was about to respond similar but you got there before me. If we're going to discuss a bias that a person may have in order to discredit him then we can't ignore bias that would potentially be in the other direction.

The point here is that if you're going to say "He like guns, therefore he defends guns", equally you can expect people to say "He is black, therefor he defends BLM".

One is a choice. The other one you are born as. Basing an opinion on genetics. Very "interesting" comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

9 black people killed in Chicago this weekend , 28 wounded Inc 2 cops , then you see LeBron James wearing a BLM t-shirt the other night saying , countless black lives lost to police brutality , I'd hate to break it to LeBron and and the other SJW on here . It ain't the cops killing all the black lads ....

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-gun-violence-9-dead-at-least-28-wounded-in-shootings-across-city/2331241/

Chicago police say nine people have been killed and at least 28 others, including two Chicago police officers, have been wounded in shootings across the city this weekend.

In the city’s most recent fatal shooting, two individuals were shot in the 1100 block of West 87th Street at 5 a.m. According to police, two men standing on a sidewalk in front of the residence began to fire shots, striking two victims.

This still fails to answer the question of why you endorsed his opinion off the back of him being an African American

Nope. As detailed the guy is certainly Not just a 'gun nut' as some here would like to depict him. Sorry if that offends you.

And why you keep bringing it up if you are simply not stiring ****e?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

9 black people killed in Chicago this weekend , 28 wounded Inc 2 cops , then you see LeBron James wearing a BLM t-shirt the other night saying , countless black lives lost to police brutality , I'd hate to break it to LeBron and and the other SJW on here . It ain't the cops killing all the black lads ....

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-gun-violence-9-dead-at-least-28-wounded-in-shootings-across-city/2331241/

Chicago police say nine people have been killed and at least 28 others, including two Chicago police officers, have been wounded in shootings across the city this weekend.

In the city’s most recent fatal shooting, two individuals were shot in the 1100 block of West 87th Street at 5 a.m. According to police, two men standing on a sidewalk in front of the residence began to fire shots, striking two victims.

Sure black lives only matter when their killed by cops not when they're killing each other.

Nope. As detailed the guy is certainly Not just a 'gun nut' as some here would like to depict him. Sorry if that offends you.

Because it's showing your mindset regarding this. Do you distinguish your dentist by their skin colour? Why is skin colour so important to you?

I certainly don't value people opinions based on their skin colour.

“Well as I reposted the video detailing this - let me see 'Tell me how' - how exactly would this particular persons opinion on the issue of the Kyle Rittenhouse incident be better than your own?

“He's a lawyer
    He's African American
    He knows about the legalities of gun ownership and gun control
    He lives in the US

“So yes I guess the guy most likley knows a hell of a lot more than anyone here. Including you.”

That’s what you wrote. Why does being an African American lend credit to his viewpoint?

Usually, if I'm looking for legal opinions, I base it on their qualifications rather than the colour of their skin. Why the need to identify him as black? The race of your solicitor doesn't really affect if their opinion is valid or not.

Valuing ones opinion of legal advice based on the race of the solicitor is something that would not even come into my head.

Lol.

Ah yet more pot stirring I see by another member of the pose . :rolleyes:

But hey Congratulations!

Thats the point - just in case you and others missed it.

I did credit him. And yes the guy is a laywer. He also happens to be African American and supports legal gun control. He is not just a 'gun nut' as painted by some here who claim he can't be objective because of who he is or what he is.

Understand now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

“Well as I reposted the video detailing this - let me see 'Tell me how' - how exactly would this particular persons opinion on the issue of the Kyle Rittenhouse incident be better than your own?

“He's a lawyer
    He's African American
    He knows about the legalities of gun ownership and gun control
    He lives in the US

“So yes I guess the guy most likley knows a hell of a lot more than anyone here. Including you.”

That’s what you wrote. Why does being an African American lend credit to his viewpoint?

If it was the other way round and someone posted that you would call them rasist.

Ah yet more pot stirring I see. . :rolleyes:

But hey Congratulations!

I did credit him. And yes the guy is a laywer. He also happens to be African American and supports legal gun control. He is not just a 'gun nut' as painted by some here who claim he can't be objective because of who he is or what he is.

Understand now?
    So been African American means you are not a gun nut? Don't know how the colour of his skin would be relevant to his view on gun control.

• Advertisement

Ah yet more pot stirring I see. . :rolleyes:

But hey Congratulations!

Understand now?

Still not understanding why it’s important to mention he’s African American. What does it lend to the point you are making? Rather it seems to have undermined and distracted from it.

Advertisement