Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

****ing hell, Jeff. Denying somebody is black because of how much they earn......

Again daz you either didn't bother to read it or are choosing to ignore what I wrote .

not a great tactic when trying to debate . you come across as some one who is just here for a argument and doesn't under stand what's being discussed

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Like the wealthy black nba players who identified as black until they realised how much it would cost them

Just clarify what you meant here. Denying somebody's skin colour based on how much they earn?

I'm genuinely intrigued as to what you meant here. How did they become non African American based on how much they earned? By your reckoning, race is a choice.

gozunda wrote: »
    Nope. Thems your words. Not mine. Didn't read what was written or just didn't understand it no?

I'll now leave you at your bull****e and attacking posters. Bye.

So you still think somebody's skin colour qualifies their professional opinion?

Just clarify what you meant here. Denying somebody's skin colour based on how much they earn?

I'm genuinely intrigued as to what you meant here. How did they become non African American based on how much they earned? By your reckoning, race is a choice.

ok daz ill spell it out for you because you are being really petty although its fairly clear to every one else

Im suggesting that when these wealthy Black NBA players suddenly realised that taking the socially active step of going on strike would cost them a lot of money . and that they choose to be rich rather than black for a while at least .

It was their choice no one denied them anything apart from themselves.

understand now ? good lad

So you still think somebody's skin colour qualifies their professional opinion?

Sounds to me like you're trying to discount his opinion because he's black..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

It actually makes me sad that in a country like Ireland after all the progress we have made. People would still be basing validity of opinions on somebody's skin colour.

ROFL at the virtue signalling

Sounds to me like you're trying to discount his opinion because he's black..

I judge people on their expertise rather than what colour their skin is. When discussing a consult from dermatology, I don't reference their race. Just their credentials.

I judge people on their expertise rather than what colour their skin is. When discussing a consult from dermatology, I don't reference their race. Just their credentials.

Racist..

Racist..

How so?

mynamejeff wrote: »
    ok daz ill spell it out for you because you are being really petty although its fairly clear to every one else

Im suggesting that when these wealthy Black NBA players suddenly realised that taking the socially active step of going on strike would cost them a lot of money . and that they choose to be rich rather than black for a while at least .

It was their choice no one denied them anything apart from themselves.

understand now ? good lad

That isn't what you said. You said "
    Like the wealthy black nba players who identified as black until they realised how much it would cost them".

I really am genuinely hoping I misunderstood your comment. Because otherwise it's rather repugnant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The notion that an African American man could simultaneously, be pro Second ammendment, and not influenced to fall in line with the BLM narrative AND be a qualified lawyer is hurting the heads of some posters.

If this demonstrates anything, it is that your skin colour really isn't important at all, and that a person can CHOOSE to adopt whatever world view they feel best suits them with no emphasis on skin colour or the all pervasive notion that all people who look a certain way should think a certain way, this is the worst nightmare of a "movement" like BLM.

Glazers Out!

Overheal wrote: »
    Still not understanding why it’s important to mention he’s African American. What does it lend to the point you are making? Rather it seems to have undermined and distracted from it.

A couple of pages ago, you went out of your way to reference that the guy who got shot by the police was black. You were asked why you did it, you said it was just a fact.

Stop it

• Registered Users Posts: 83,413 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A couple of pages ago, you went out of your way to reference that the guy who got shot by the police was black. You were asked why you did it, you said it was just a fact.

Stop it

His being black is a factor in how he was treated by police.

Being black has no bearing on whether or not your opinion on the law is a correct one.

Being black has no bearing on whether or not your opinion on the law is a correct one.

Are you having trouble accepting that a black man could be a lawyer?..

Like the wealthy black nba players who identified as black until they realised how much it would cost them".

I really am genuinely hoping I misunderstood your comment. Because otherwise it's rather repugnant.

It is repugnant but it is also true , so put your race card away

don't try to label me because I had to explain the actions of another group of people to you. other posters were able to understand it easily enough

°°°°°

That is repugnant.

That's not a true reflection of what that poster said. They said that the NBA players in question "chose to be rich rather than black for a while at least". The take away from that is that their skin colour really isn't important and the need to prostrate themselves for the sake of a movement like BLM isn't as important as their ability to earn ludicrous amounts of money as professional athletes.

You quoted the person's post and then misquoted them yourself in the same post. You in effect refuted your own central point.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

nullzero wrote: »
    The notion that an African American man could simultaneously, be pro Second ammendment, and not influenced to fall in line with the BLM narrative AND be a qualified lawyer is hurting the heads of some posters.

If this demonstrates anything, it is that your skin colour really isn't important at all, and that a person can CHOOSE to adopt whatever world view they feel best suits them with no emphasis on skin colour or the all pervasive notion that all people who look a certain way should think a certain way, this is the worst nightmare of a "movement" like BLM.

I suspect that at least twice the amount of Blacks will vote Republican in November than in 2016...could be higher, these will be highly motivated to vote with enthusiasm, wouldn't it be something if it took the BLM movement and the actions of the extreme elements of it's supporters and the politicians who believe the black community want to defund the police in the middle of a surging crime wave to finally break the iron grip the Democrats have enjoyed on the Black vote.

Who know's, the US might be heading to a place where your skin colour doesn't define who you vote for, surely a positive thing!!!

That's not a true reflection of what that poster said. They said that the NBA players in question "chose to be rich rather than black for a while at least". The take away from that is that their skin colour really isn't important and the need to prostrate themselves for the sake of a movement like BLM isn't as important as their ability to earn ludicrous amounts of money as professional athletes.

You quoted the person's post and then misquoted them yourself in the same post. You in effect refuted your own central point.
    You put it in quotation marks but he didn't say that in the post. At least I actually quoted from the original post.

This is the original post " ould Obama have been elected if he was white ?

profession is one thing identity is another. How some one identifies is much more important . Like the wealthy black nba players who identified as black until they realised how much it would cost them

how do you think the many many non white police feel being labelled and targeted for attack as racist facists by blm"

Like I said, repugnant. But I'm sure his supporters will be along to explain his comments away.

°°°°°

I suspect that at least twice the amount of Blacks will vote Republican in November than in 2016...could be higher, these will be highly motivated to vote with enthusiasm, wouldn't it be something if it took the BLM movement and the actions of the extreme elements of it's supporters and the politicians who believe the black community want to defund the police in the middle of a surging crime wave to finally break the iron grip the Democrats have enjoyed on the Black vote.

Who know's, the US might be heading to a place where your skin colour doesn't define who you vote for, surely a positive thing!!!

We may well be surprised by the numbers of African American Republican votes.
    All of which will be labeled as "Uncle Tom's" no doubt.

The bizarre thing about white American is that on the extreme right there are groups who define African Americans (and others) based on their skin colour and on the extreme left wing you have white people defining African Americans by their skin colour. It is mind boggling.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

We may well be surprised by the numbers of African American Republican votes.
    All of which will be labeled as "Uncle Tom's" no doubt.

The bizarre thing about white American is that on the extreme right there are groups who define African Americans (and others) based on their skin colour and on the extreme left wing you have white people defining African Americans by their skin colour. It is mind boggling.

It is nuts...

These two explain it better than I could...

• Advertisement

Being white means that someone is allowed to suppose what privilege you possess?

Do you believe that to be true?

Do you believe white people have a privilege?

You put it in quotation marks but he didn't say that in the post. At least I actually quoted from the original post.

profession is one thing identity is another. How some one identifies is much more important . Like the wealthy black nba players who identified as black until they realised how much it would cost them

how do you think the many many non white police feel being labelled and targeted for attack as racist facists by blm"

Like I said, repugnant. But I'm sure his supporters will be along to explain his comments away.

there is nothing to explain away , are you offended by something , what in particular ?

you didn't answer any of the questions btw daz

°°°°°

Was that post deleted? I can't find it in their history.

Glazers Out!

Was that post deleted? I can't find it in their history.

Think boards is slow to update sometimes.

gozunda wrote: »
    Yes you have Dazzler. And it's not a nice thing for someone who claims to be a blm supporter.

Rflol. Id rather not Dazzler .....

Still awaiting this exposé

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Kenosha police, who first thanked and later failed to arrest Kyle Rittenhouse as he stood before them with his assault rifle slung over his shoulder which he had just used to shoot three people, killing two, have arrested people sending foox to protesters.

They claim the people had fireworks (which the defendants deny) and were filling canisters with fuel (which the defendants say was for fuelling generators for cooking etc) - either side could be telling the truth in those instances, so there's not much to be drawn from it. But in a real eyebrow raiser, the police also claim the defendants had "shields" with them. These "shields" they were referring to, turned out to be facemasks.

So, underage kid illegally carrying a gun they don't even own downtown is ok and he even gets thanked for it, while a facemask in a crowded public area is a potential weapon to be used for combat.

It's almost as if they are applying the laws differently, depending on the political leanings of the people in question.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/kenosha-police-arrest-volunteers-who-provide-food-protesters-n1238799

°°°°°

Think boards is slow to update sometimes.

Thanks.

Nothing repugnant in there.

Glazers Out!

Are you having trouble accepting that a black man could be a lawyer?..

HUH?

Of course an African American can be a lawyer I’m still unclear why it needs to be mentioned though as part of a list of reasons arguing why his opinion should be endorsed!

Being white means that someone is allowed to suppose what privilege you possess?

Do you believe that to be true?

Do you believe white people have a privilege?

Yes, I have white privileges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

So, underage kid illegally carrying a gun they don't even own downtown is ok and he even gets thanked for it,

We don't know 100% if he was carrying the gun illegally. I thought he was but Manic Moran posted links to legislation that may give rise to circumstances where he was legally in possession of the rifle.

Advertisement