Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

So their blackness was dependent on how much they earnt? Here was me thinking that the US had huge issues with racial strife.

again ?

did I say that ,

I was very clear the past 4 times daz

one more time for the troll seats

their greed was more important than their solidarity with their fellow blacks

• Registered Users Posts: 83,412 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hardly controversial to say that communities should take responsibility for the actions of those living there. Isn't that what those calling for police defunding want, more community driven engagement? Would you rather society views the people living there as not responsible for their actions, incapable of taking charge of their own affairs? Rather obnoxious to my mind. Do you think black people are less capable than others?

I think lecturing to black people what they need to take responsibility for and what they "should be protesting etc" is a racist as lecturing to white people that they need to take responsibility for slavery etc. etc.

I think judging the capability of an entire race of people on the actions of individuals would be a racist thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

This clip shows the guy shot last night didn't have a weapon on him ... how will the BLM crowd twist this one... the clip is hard to watch .. we get a Trumper over here bang bang

https://twitter.com/i/status/1300100292558516226

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Overheal wrote: »
    You're assigning blame to an entire race? Otherwise, shouldn't all people take responsibility for their own individual actions? Or is this like saying "all Travelers should take responsibility for the actions of their kind?"

Well if that's the case, you're assigning the blame on 700,000 cops when it's only a few bad apples

Well if that's the case, you're assigning the blame on 700,000 cops when it's only a few bad apples

Police are a government institution, not a race of people. Police do by mandate have a responsibility to protect and serve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

This clip shows the guy shot last night didn't have a weapon on him ... how will the BLM crowd twist this one... the clip is hard to watch .. we get a Trumper over here bang bang

https://twitter.com/i/status/1300100292558516226

It appears he was getting in on the same 'fun' as other Trump supporters who were driving by and macing protesters (the medic puts his bag over the can which a cop then kicks away when they arrive). Nonetheless he shouldn't have been shot and killed, and whomever did it should be brought to justice and sentenced accordingly.

That's the thing though, I don't see many in here going out of their way to excuse and defend the shooter in this instance. Kyle Rittenhouse and pro Trump posters here on the other hand...

mynamejeff wrote: »
    again ?

did I say that ,

I was very clear the past 4 times daz

one more time for the troll seats

their greed was more important than their solidarity with their fellow blacks

#
    "Like the wealthy black nba players who identified as black until they realised how much it would cost them"

Yet again. Just to quote you. So you denying their right be "black" because of how much they earn?

Your subsequent comments don't explain this statement. Just retract it and move on or dig yourself more into a racist hole.

Also, how can it be a false statement when I directly quoted you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I think lecturing to black people what they need to take responsibility for and what they "should be protesting etc" is a racist as lecturing to white people that they need to take responsibility for slavery etc. etc.

I think judging the capability of an entire race of people on the actions of individuals would be a racist thing to do.

I mentioned communities, not race. What's the level you feel it's appropriate to state that folks ought to take responsibility? A nation of individuals, nuanced and unique in their isolation? How does that translate to having white privilege for you?

I mentioned communities, not race. What's the level you feel it's appropriate to state that folks ought to take responsibility? A nation of individuals, nuanced and unique in their isolation?

I think that's an inadequate why way of bigoting people. If I live in a low income neighborhood in Kenosha am I part of the black community, and am I responsible for the number of murders in Chicago this weekend?
    How does that translate to having white privilege for you?

There's a whole other thread about this... whether that thread exists yet or not I don't know, but that's a whole can of worms.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Broadstone Bob

I think that's an inadequate why of bigoting people. If I live in a low income neighborhood in Kenosha am I part of the black community, and am I responsible for the number of murders in Chicago this weekend?

Why are you associating low income neighbourhood with the black community?

• Advertisement

Why are you associating low income neighbourhood with the black community?

A low income neighborhood in Kenosha, specifically, and it's because such communities are being called the black community in the national dialog atm.

every one else who read it can understand it but you cant , sort of makes it your issue not mine

how the fcuk am I denying millionaires who want to be richer anything . they choose to get paid rather that show solidarity .

but facts are racist ……. again

your just a troll mate and a embarrassing one at that

Still haven't explained how been rich takes away from your ability to identify as African American.
    Just admit your comment unbecoming/racist and we can move on.

A low income neighborhood in Kenosha, specifically, and it's because such communities are being called the black community in the national dialog atm.

Why would you relate income to skin colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I would call black communities, black communities. You do realise that they can be wealthy too, not sure why you are making the linkage between poverty and black people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Still haven't explained how been rich takes away from your ability to identify as African American.

Go again.

I don't mean to be rude but if you lacked the capacity to understand something after its clearly and simply explained to you 5 time why would you understand it the 6th ,

Im afraid you just don't have the capacity daz , sorry for you

why would I waste more of my time ….

Why would you relate income to skin colour?

because such communities are being called the black community in the national dialog atm.

I would call black communities, black communities. You do realise that they can be wealthy too, not sure why you are making the linkage between poverty and black people.

Its dehumanising.

So we will go with that vernacular: If I live in a black community in Kenosha, am I responsible for the behavior of black communities? Am I supposed to take responsibility for murders in Chicago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

It appears he was getting in on the same 'fun' as other Trump supporters who were driving by and macing protesters (the medic puts his bag over the can which a cop then kicks away when they arrive). Nonetheless he shouldn't have been shot and killed, and whomever did it should be brought to justice and sentenced accordingly.

That's the thing though, I don't see many in here going out of their way to excuse and defend the shooter in this instance. Kyle Rittenhouse and pro Trump posters here on the other hand...

The same protesters that were blocking the road that got Maced? If you stand in the middle of the road blocking traffic well you get what your deserve I suppose, did your mother never teach you to not play on the road, but but but the BLM supporters were saying he shot first and it was a retaliation!!! Another bulls#it mad up story, haha pro Trump supporters will ya never feck off, read back through the long thread, most of us here don't give a dam about Trump it's the holy BLM that we have trouble with, there supporters can't be called out on anything cos were "pro trump", Jaysus ya'll be calling a Nazi next

Its dehumanising.

It's objectifying. Dehumanizing is when it's called "the hood" or "the jungle"

• Advertisement

I don't mean to be rude but if you lacked the capacity to understand something after its clearly and simply explained to you 5 time why would you understand it the 6th ,

Im afraid you just don't have the capacity daz , sorry for you

why would I waste more of my time ….

Because I was hoping you weren't a racist and that you would clarify your comments thus making some semblance of your original statement. Alas no, African Americans are only African American if they are poor.

The same protesters that were blocking the road that got Maced? If you stand in the middle of the road blocking traffic well you get what your deserve I suppose, did your mother never teach you to not play on the road, but but but the BLM supporters were saying he shot first and it was a retaliation!!! Another bulls#it mad up story, haha pro Trump supporters will ya never feck off, read back through the long thread, most of us here don't give a dam about Trump it's the holy BLM that we have trouble with, there supporters can't be called out on anything cos were "pro trump", Jaysus ya'll be calling a Nazi next

This is Stormfront logic, sorry. Talk like this was very popular before the savage murder of Heather Heyer.

Driving is a privilege, not a right. You don't have the privilege to run anybody over for blocking a roadway.

It's objectifying. Dehumanizing is when it's called "the hood" or "the jungle"

It was racist. Instead of saying "black community" you said "low income" implying that all black communities are poor and undesirable.

It was racist. Instead of saying "black community" you said "low income" implying that all black communities are poor and undesirable.

I apologize.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Some unbiased interviewing and reporting from the protests in Portland.

Such a lovely bunch of peaceful BLM protesters.

How can anyone support these morons. Oh sure looks like only 0.05% of them are violent anarchists doesn't it. Bunch of anarchist idiots that will be the first in the gulags if they achieve their goals.

Idiocracy is here. Not a single "protester" there has a triple digit IQ along with anyone who supports them.

Posts in here aren't much better. You spent 7 pages now arguing tit for tat over some BS meaningless topic (the race of a video poster) like petty children.

America is fecked.
    In which case police would have to ask to see his hunting licence and certificate from an approved course of instruction, which they clearly did not because they were too busy high fiving him.

The police had absolutely zero issue nor concern with whether Kyle Rittenhouse was acting within the confines of the law or not. They saw another gun with which to attempt to intimidate protesters and rioters, and that was all they cared about - not the law or their oath to uphold it.

Many of the "protesters" were also carrying firearms. It's a state with open carry laws. Let me guess though, you are of the opinion that all cops are scum. He has been charged for multiple offences after turning himself into police so it's kind of a moot point.

Funny how the same people calling for defunding the police, openly abusing police, calling for the death of police, now want the police to help them when they get called out on their BS. Strange form of anarchy.

Mind listing any successful countries founded and based on anarchy? A far left ideology aimed at destroying the current system to leave what? Some sort of Marxist utopia? Good luck with that.

An execution but not a word about it from Antifa/BLM supporters in here about it. Crickets. Yet they will argue that somebody clearly defending themselves against a violent mob of anarchists was a murderer.

Clearly they should have let them disarm him and kick his head into the ground like they have done countless times already.

It's like choosing between communists and nazis. Nobody wins but people still take sides. Morons. The US fought against both of these ideologies in the past and won. Now they are fostering both inside their borders. Crazy times.

These guys look familiar.

tumblr_kpd748QQbr1qa26qlo1_500.gif

BloodBath wrote: »
    An execution but not a word about it from Antifa/BLM supporters in here about it.

Some said I was being "emotional" for calling the Rittenhouse shootings "murder," especially when he'd been charged with murder, but I guess "execution" and earlier, "assassination," are unchallenged labels when it suits. :rolleyes:
    It's like choosing between communists and nazis. Nobody wins but people still take sides. Morons. The US fought against both of these ideologies in the past and won. Now they are fostering both inside their borders. Crazy times.

True story. And it would be reasonable to suspect foreign election interference is fanning those flames.

Some unbiased interviewing and reporting from the protests in Portland.

Such a lovely bunch of peaceful BLM protesters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOxnld8yeEs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Some said I was being "emotional" for calling the Rittenhouse shootings "murder," especially when he'd been charged with murder, but I guess "execution" and earlier, "assassination," are unchallenged labels when it suits. :rolleyes:

True story. And it would be reasonable to suspect foreign election interference is fanning those flames.

If he get's charged with murder so be it. Nobody would have died that night if he wasn't there with his AR in the first place so a lot of it is on his head. I still think he has grounds for self defense though.

I'm not convinced the Russians are behind all this though. It's not soviet Russia anymore. There's definitely other parties fanning the flames though.

• Advertisement

BloodBath wrote: »
    If he get's charged with murder so be it. Nobody would have died that night if he wasn't there with his AR in the first place so a lot of it is on his head. I still think he has grounds for self defense though.

I'm not convinced the Russians are behind all this though. It's not soviet Russia anymore. There's definitely other parties fanning the flames though.

No doubt. Outside influences can only exploit or generate so much.

Advertisement