Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

He has been the best by far. The way he stands up to the radical left he great. He needs to squash BLM like a bug!

The same BLM that has gained most of its size and momentum since he became president? Good luck there.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I don't think Trump cares who he upsets to be honest.

Probably.. but he's still a patriot. He might make mistakes, bad judgments, or be advised badly, but ultimately he's interested in a strong America. He's not going to be wanting to weaken the US... which creating martyrs in BLM would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,683 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Not his fault he's offered federal help to states and cities that needed it but some states and cities have turned it down. Such as Ted Wheeler he is to blame for the chaos and carnage in Portland no one else and certainly not Trump.

https://twitter.com/tedwheeler/status/1299433988600156160?s=19

Good move by Wheeler given Trumps desire for violent tactics on peaceful protesters and escalating things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Good move by Wheeler given Trumps desire for violent tactics on peaceful protesters and escalating things.

So how should Wheeler stop the nights of destruction and violence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Trump really has been the worst President of our life times. By some distance.

Complete and absolute ineptitude on both Covid 19 and the BLM protests.
    Literally a modern day Nero.

Says a lot about the state of the country though that he might still win.

Andrew Cuomo has been the worst governor in history. Completely mismanaged the covid crisis , ended up with over a quarter of total deaths. He actually sent people back to nursing homes. His handing in of the virus spread allowed it to travel outside his state amd throughout the country

• Advertisement

What should be done about the pups talking about putting police in the grave and burning down the white house?

So how should Wheeler stop the nights of destruction and violence?
    Ensure that all federal agents have left the city.
    Get community leaders to spread the message that any protests which descend in to violence (irrespective of the instigators) is helping Trump.
    Ensure that the police chief knows that all communications from superiors directing policing during protests must be recorded and will be analysed.
    Spread the message that change will ultimately happen through the ballot box.
    Andrew Cuomo has been the worst governor in history. Completely mismanaged the covid crisis , ended up with over a quarter of total deaths. He actually sent people back to nursing homes. His handing in of the virus spread allowed it to travel outside his state amd throughout the country
    A - Not sure how the governor of a single state could be held responsible for a virus travelling throughout the country
    B - He didn't call it a hoax or suggest drinking bleach
    C - Lets not consider him for the role of President on November 3rd so
    What should be done about the pups talking about putting police in the grave and burning down the white house?
    Nothing, as long as the 1st amendment exists as it does.
    If they start instructing others to commit acts of violence, or doing so themselves, then they should be arrested and prosecuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

How in god's name can you keep calling them "peaceful protesters"?

BloodBath wrote: »
    How in god's name can you keep calling them "peaceful protesters"?

What would you call the people in this situation?
    Protesters Dispersed With Tear Gas So Trump Could Pose at Church

or these
    Trump threatens 'heavily armed' military deployments to quash protests if governors and mayors do not 'establish an overwhelming law-enforcement presence'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Get community leaders to spread the message that any protests which descend in to violence (irrespective of the instigators) is helping Trump.
    Ensure that the police chief knows that all communications from superiors directing policing during protests must be recorded and will be analysed.

A - Not sure how the governor of a single state could be held responsible for a virus travelling throughout the country

If they start instructing others to commit acts of violence, or doing so themselves, then they should be arrested and prosecuted.

When that falis, and the anarchists continue their rampage, then what?

• Advertisement

When that falis, and the anarchists continue their rampage, then what?

Lets give it a try and see what happens rather than predicting a negative future?

Why would you think it would fail?

What would you call the people in this situation?

or these

The leaders of these groups are calling themselves anarchists and trained marxists and are encouraging rioting, looting and burning as part of reparations.

They have cost billions in damages already, destroying their own neighborhoods, and murdering and maiming as they go.

There's nothing peaceful about them.

Their swarm of zombie supporters are mainly dumb ass white kids.

The leaders of these groups are calling themselves anarchists and trained marxists and are encouraging rioting, looting and burning as part of reparations.
    There's nothing peaceful about them.
    The ratio of protestors to people arrested during protests is about 2000:1. Just because some have called for violence, in no way suggests anything close to a significant number does.
    Their swarm of zombie supporters are mainly dumb ass white kids.

Apart from the noted corporations, Major Leagues and Sports Organisations, and millions of adults attending such protests in the US and worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The ratio of protestors to people arrested during protests is about 2000:1. Just because some have called for violence, in no way suggests anything close to a significant number does.

That number is crap to be honest. It might be somewhat accurate as to the number of people arrested but it's not accurate as to the numbers of people behaving illegally at protests/riots through damaging property, burning and looting.

You'd be very disingenuous to claim that those arrested were the only people acting the boll1x at the protests.

And it's leaders of the movement who are calling for violence, so yes, it does somewhat tarnish the movement.

I'm not saying the movement is illegitimate, it's just tarnished. And it's starting to lose the support of reasonable people.

Keep burning and looting and see what direction the support for the movment goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Lets give it a try and see what happens rather than predicting a negative future?

Why would you think it would fail?

Have the peaceful protesters managed to curtail actions of the minority yet? I'm sure your ideas will have the same efficacy that peaceful Muslims do when they condemn the extremists who attack their communities.

Your empty words would be of great comfort to the people who've lost the businesses and life's work to date.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    That number is crap to be honest. It might be somewhat accurate as to the number of people arrested but it's not accurate as to the numbers of people behaving illegally at protests/riots through damaging property, burning and looting.

You'd be very disingenuous to claim that those arrested were the only people acting the boll1x at the protests.

And it's leaders of the movement who are calling for violence, so yes, it does somewhat tarnish the movement.

I'm not saying the movement is illegitimate, it's just tarnished. And it's starting to lose the support of reasonable people.

Keep burning and looting and see what direction the support for the movment goes.

You really think everyone arrested was looting? We've all seen the videos of bystanders being pulled in to police vehicles.

Also, the true numbers protesting is likely closer to 30M at this point.

We've been hearing that it has started to lose the support if reasonable people with years.

This past week, major NBA, MLB, MLS and NGL organisations showed support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Apart from the noted corporations, Major Leagues and Sports Organisations, and millions of adults attending such protests in the US and worldwide.

That really speaks to how effective the media are in creating mass psychosis - armies of mindless leftie-bots, unable to think for themselves.

In Ireland there was a placard at a BLM march that read:

' No, this is where I am really from ' .

This is interesting its because its speaks to how everyday behaviours and in some instances, coarseness, gets mistinterpreted as racism. How can asking somebody where they are really from equate with oppressing that person on the basis of believing their race is inferior ? Its patently absurd.

With that formula...you can make any sort of interaction between ethnicities and races as ' racist ' , fueling endless chaos from the likes of BLM.

Your empty words would be of great comfort to the people who've lost the businesses and life's work to date.

Consider the impact your own words would have on the families of people who have suffered police brutality.

Which do you think is the greater number?

Cuomo is in charge of his own house. And he failed miserably. A disgrace.

Cuomo is in charge of his own house. And he failed miserably. A disgrace.

Think you're looking for the Covid thread.

• Advertisement

We know the number is far higher than that and the leadership is pushing the movement in the wrong direction.

All corporate entities looking to cash in on the wave of public opinion which is shifting against the movement because of it's poor leadership.

Biker79 wrote: »
    That really speaks to how effective the media are in creating mass psychosis - armies of mindless leftie-bots, unable to think for themselves.

In Ireland there was a placard at a BLM march that read:

' No, this is where I am really from ' .

This is interesting its because its speaks to how everyday behaviours and in some instances, coarseness, gets mistereprested as racism. How can asking somebody where they are really from equate with oppressing that person on the basis of believing their race is inferior ? Its patently absurd.

With that formula...you can make any sort of interaction between ethnicities and races as ' racist ' , fueling endless chaos from the likes of BLM.

How the fcuk would you expect someone born and raised in Ireland to answer where are they 'really' from?

The fact that you don't see how this is an example of prejudice is very telling. Like Ireland only belongs to people who look a certain way.

What then about the irish descendants in countries worldwide, are they not American, Australian, British, or wherever because their parents were born in Ireland.

We know the number is far higher than that and the leadership is pushing the movement in the wrong direction.

All corporate entities looking to cash in on the wave of public opinion which is shifting against the movement because of it's poor leadership.

How do you know?

What leadership?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If nothing else, at these protests have provided reparations to African Americans and we can move on from that question.

If nothing else, at these protests have provided reparations to African Americans and we can move on from that question.

How did you figure that out?

Think you're looking for the Covid thread.

Your man calling for " put police into graves" isn't covered by the first amendment.

"Imminent lawless action" is a standard currently used that was established by the United States Supreme Court in Brandenburg v. ... Under the imminent lawless action test, speech is not protected by the First Amendment if the speaker intends to incite a violation of the law that is both imminent and likely

Your man calling for " put police into graves" isn't covered by the first amendment.

"Imminent lawless action" is a standard currently used that was established by the United States Supreme Court in Brandenburg v. ... Under the imminent lawless action test, speech is not protected by the First Amendment if the speaker intends to incite a violation of the law that is both imminent and likely

In the speech which I think you are referring to, did the speaker actually say 'I feel like' or similar at the start of their sentence.

If so, and we are talking about the same speaker, would that still be inciting or just an expression of their own feelings?

Either way, that was a single speaker at a single protest. Is this person part of a documented appointed chain of command with a Black Lives Matter Body, or just someone speaking at a protest supporting Black Lives?

In the speech which I think you are referring to, did the speaker actually say 'I feel like' or similar at the start of their sentence.

If so, and we are talking about the same speaker, would that still be inciting or just an expression of their own feelings?

Either way, that was a single speaker at a single protest. Is this person part of a documented appointed chain of command with a Black Lives Matter Body, or just someone speaking at a protest supporting Black Lives?

Riot not protest. Endless rioting

There is no escape via technicality. The man was addressing a crowd and saying he wants to burn down the white house and put police in graves. The man is a violent pos

Riot not protest. Endless rioting

Think you need to check your sources.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

You really think everyone arrested was looting? We've all seen the videos of bystanders being pulled in to police vehicles.

Point out to me where I said everyone arrested was looting? I gave three examples of why people would be arrested. I'm sure there's more as many many acts carried out by the 'so called' peaceful protesters is illegal.

But anyway, ignore the buildings burned, the cars burned, the entire districts turned to sh1t and point - oh look over there, bystanders pulled in. Would ya get ta fcuk.
    Also, the true numbers protesting is likely closer to 30M at this point.

Probably true. Not sure what difference that makes. I suppose it dilutes the amout of criminals in your ranks. Oh goody.
    We've been hearing that it has started to lose the support if reasonable people with years.

:confused:

Advertisement