Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

This is what happens when cops let a suspect reach into a car.

Warning: Video shows cops being shot but they both survived.

It is what might potentially happen.

The video below is also what might happen.

The cops didn't pump 7 bullets in his back and absolutely nothing negative happened to the cop.

https://twitter.com/kingmoo60523690/status/1299389718426079232?s=20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Originally Posted by Biafranlivemat
    Never seen that in in the white suburbs of Boston.
    could you show me were you have seen it.

Wegmans, Medford.
    Target, Watertown
    Burker King, Tremont Street

Most people wouldn’t describe these locations as “white suburbs” that’s ok; I’ll still go with it.

Wegmans in Medford does have a Police officer. It is a very high end store, they had a problem with shoplifters, mostly to protect the wine and champagne, with prices up to $1000 a bottle.

Burger King tremont st Boston.
    I never remember seeing a police officer on guard duty there.
    The employee who answered the phone said they have never any a officer as a guard.
    maybe your thinking of the nearby ATM booth, that has a unarmed security guy

The Target in Watertown, does not have police officer inside the store.
    there is a police officer stationed in the car park, to respond to trouble from all the shops there. Not unusual, The South Shore Mall in Braintree actually has a mini police station in the Mall.

Would that be the story where the man was identified, arrested, charged and held on remand now awaiting trial?

Do you see the difference in that between the cases where cops who killed people are never arrested or charged?

The noose was significant because it indicated, until clarified, a likely culture of racial intimidation.

You might be interested in the case of a shooting at the Molson Coors Brewery in Milwaukee earlier this year where a worker shot and killed 5 coworkers before then killing himself.

He had suffered such intimidation for years, including a noose being left in his locker.

Do you understand now why different cases receive different attention?

He had suffered such intimidation for years, including a noose being left in his locker.

If the intimidation actually happened, he would have sued the company for millions and win.
    He also accused his co-workers of coming into his home, bugging his computer and “moving chairs around”
    Only after been fired that morning, did he go on his killing spree.

BLM outraged the victim in L.A. was shot by police as, wait for it.....

...he had already dropped his gun after attacking the officer.

There was a peaceful protest in LA, a migrant was throw from from a skyscraper by a police officer.

https://babylonbee.com/news/large-turnout-for-memorial-for-hans-gruber-who-was-thrown-from-a-building-by-a-police-officer

What do you mean it has no relevance in Ireland?

Do you have any idea of the bond there is between Ireland and the US?
    Or that a nation who was oppressed at the hands of the British for centuries wouldn't have a bond with the plight of others?
    Or that the recent history of Catholics in Northern Ireland being prejudiced by those in authority just because of their religion doesn't resonate with what some communities in the US are dealing with>

If it has no relevance in Ireland, why are so many here talking about it?

Bad idea to bring up the bond between Ireland and America
    I can see why you make a big deal about "Teachers" and "Education"

“Students will write a paper detailing certain events in American history,” it says, “that have led to Jewish and Irish Americans gaining racial privilege.”

https://www.thestreet.com/mishtalk/economics/californias-radical-brainwashing-curriculum-soon-to-be-mandatory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

After doing more digging, it seems quite possible that Rittenhouse was legally carrying the rifle.

The exceptions to the offense of 'carrying a weapon under age 18' are in Wisconsin statute 948.60. Astonishingly called "Possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18". https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/948/60

Section 2a. "(a) Any person under 18 years of age who possesses or goes armed with a dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor"

That's about as far as most analysis on the matter goes.

Great. The problem is that nobody seems to be going down to section 3c, which is a specific exception for rifles and shotguns.

Summary: It's against the law for someone under 18 in Wisconsin to walk around with a dangerous weapon, unless it's a REALLY dangerous weapon, like an assault rifle. Then it's fine!

Are you for real?????

I've seen an alternative analysis from somebody claiming to be a combat veteran which goes like:
    "If you arrive armed at a place where violence is happening, prepared for violence and you engage in violence, there is no self defense, you are in fact, a willing combatant. If you do this without being sanctioned by a government outside of a combat zone, you are also in fact a terrorist. We had another word for armed civilians operating outside the military as well: insurgent.

If your recourse to the terrorist is to look up the criminal history of the victims, it is no different than looking up the criminal past of everyone that died on 9/11 in order to justify the hijackers. "

This is what happens when a society thinks its a good idea to let anybody (and I mean anybody) walk around with a loaded firearm. You get people attempting to justify the most irresponsible, reckless, provocative behaviour. Whoever thinks it's a good idea to let a dangerous fantasist like Rittenhouse tool up with a battlefield weapon and go looking for trouble and still remain, supposedly, within the law?

But then, Manic Moran is the sort of person who said, a few years back during another controversy about the fatal shooting of an unarmed teenager, Trayvon Martin, that the victim "had it coming".

To paraphrase Daniel O'Connell : "Oh Second Amendment! What horrors are committed in your name!"

Sure look, I'll tell the next person who wants to talk to me about Ireland that they're not really interested in the place.

I can imagine the Crap and lies you tell Americans about Ireland.

I think me met before at the Irish Immigration Center back in the 90's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭Jeff2

If I was that cop I would just popped her balaclava off.

Why does she need it.

I've already pointed out to you why it has relevance in Ireland. Just repeating that you think it doesn't, does not change that fact.

The Dunnes workers shouldn't have gone on strike in the 80's so either given there wasn't apartheid in Ireland using your logic.

I remember that strike, about the importing of South Africans oranges.
    Michael D Higgins ( now president) made a big deal about it.
    while at the same time he supported The South African De Beers diamond company based in Shannon.

You see, Virtual signalling has been in Ireland since the 80's

So with approx 4 million native Americans left in the US why do they not make up a larger % of the prison population?

If slavery is to blame for the high crime rate in the African American community surely the genocide and ethnic cleansing of native Americans would have similar consequences.

Genuine question.

I never hear of Jews and their descendants in America, raping, looting, murdering and justifying their actions on the Holocaust.

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »
    We are deluded if we think we have a special bond with the US. We barely even register with them. We tend to think we have a special place in the hearts of Americans. We don't.

There's no bond between us and the US. There may have been in the past due to the Irish vote but that's been so diluted, it's not worth a stocking of p1ss to any politician over there and the average Joe Soap couldn't pick Ireland out on a map for a tenner.

The last President to seek the Irish vote was Reagan in 84

I never hear of Jews and their descendants in America, raping, looting, murdering and justifying their actions on the Holocaust.

Your analogy doesn't make sense, a bit unhinged actually. Did the Americans do the holocaust?

Could you explain the point that you are trying to get across a little better?:)

For the love of God man, open a history book some time.

Nelson Mandela , is he the same guy from South Africa that supported the Provos , and who had Jerry Adams carrying his coffin.

Nelson Mandela , is he the same guy from South Africa that supported the Provos , and who had Jerry Adams carrying his coffin.

Why are you making stuff up? As far I'm aware, Gerry Adams attended his funeral, not carried his bleedin' coffin.

It does

And your next question is probably why aren't there marches for them? Probably because they are a much smaller group in number and are not as widespread across the US as Black Americans are at this point.

It's another reason why the system needs reform and disenfranchised communities need support.

Why are you going soft on "native" Americans.
    By your logic, since they were involved in the slave Trade, I though you would be giving that group a hard time.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I know a black man shouting might be scary to you but how is that any worse than what Trump or Right Wing media have been saying? Trump yesterday called a rally of his supporters shooting bear mace and paint balls 'peaceful'?

It depends on what the black man is shouting about.
    Have you been scared when a black man has shouted at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

If the intimidation actually happened, he would have sued the company for millions and win.
    He also accused his co-workers of coming into his home, bugging his computer and “moving chairs around”
    Only after been fired that morning, did he go on his killing spree.

Maybe, if he could have been expected to have been treated fairly with his case.

There's no dispute from the company that it happened.
    The shooter's family has declined all interview requests to discuss his background and any possible racism he experienced at work. However, on Tuesday, the company acknowledged that five years ago, a noose was placed on or in his locker.

"The employee was not working that day, our HR team notified him of the incident, it was investigated fully," Adam Collins, chief communications and corporate affairs officer for Molson Coors, said in a statement.

I can imagine the Crap and lies you tell Americans about Ireland.

I think me met before at the Irish Immigration Center back in the 90's

I assure you, we did not.

You can imagine the crap and lies I tell? Key word there is 'imagine'. Carry on.

I remember that strike, about the importing of South Africans oranges.
    Michael D Higgins ( now president) made a big deal about it.
    while at the same time he supported The South African De Beers diamond company based in Shannon.

You see, Virtual signalling has been in Ireland since the 80's

And unfortunately, so too has a seflish inward focus preventing some people to ever consider helping or advocating anyone who isn't themselves or someone directly connected to them.

Why is the idea of helping others abhorrent to you?

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if you weren't fully sure of who Nelson Mandela was, what he achieved, or how he did it.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

• Advertisement

Bad idea to bring up the bond between Ireland and America
    I can see why you make a big deal about "Teachers" and "Education"

“Students will write a paper detailing certain events in American history,” it says, “that have led to Jewish and Irish Americans gaining racial privilege.”

https://www.thestreet.com/mishtalk/economics/californias-radical-brainwashing-curriculum-soon-to-be-mandatory

You're all over the place.

Your text here makes no sense and the link is a single subjective opinion with no additional link to indicate context or provide the full story.

Why are you going soft on "native" Americans.
    By your logic, since they were involved in the slave Trade, I though you would be giving that group a hard time.

Thank you for clearly demonstrating your misunderstanding of the support for the BLM.

It is rooted in being aware of current and recent prejudiced and discriminatory experience of people within black communities by members of police forces in several locations throughout America.

Not as a legacy because of slavery. You really have had to go way outside the box to come up with this.

Originally Posted by Biafranlivemat
    Never seen that in in the white suburbs of Boston.
    could you show me were you have seen it.

Most people wouldn’t describe these locations as “white suburbs” that’s ok; I’ll still go with it.

Wegmans in Medford does have a Police officer. It is a very high end store, they had a problem with shoplifters, mostly to protect the wine and champagne, with prices up to $1000 a bottle.

Burger King tremont st Boston.
    I never remember seeing a police officer on guard duty there.
    The employee who answered the phone said they have never any a officer as a guard.
    maybe your thinking of the nearby ATM booth, that has a unarmed security guy

The Target in Watertown, does not have police officer inside the store.
    there is a police officer stationed in the car park, to respond to trouble from all the shops there. Not unusual, The South Shore Mall in Braintree actually has a mini police station in the Mall.

Jesus, you went to some effort to prove you were wrong.

So yes, Wegmans frequently has a cop on duty. Maybe the person you spoke to you forget to tell you that their high value wine is kept in a locked boutique within the store.
    Suggesting the Watertown police officer is only concerned with the parking lot is laughable as if, if that were the case, that it would be better scenario than the one you were talking about a few weeks ago.

According to Gov data, Medford is 73% white and Watertown is 91% White.
    Still don't think they are White Suburbs?

Here is an image from that BK. The seated guy is indeed an off duty cop doing his second job of providing security in the restaurant.

The poster asked for one example, what am I supposed to do?

Document every case since their foundation and produce it here?

Plenty room for improvement in Gardai, ask Maurice McCabe. Thankfully though, we dont see anything remotely close to the prejudices apparent in US.

Still doesn't mean we shouldn't support the Ideals of the BLM.

You want sane,average, normal white people to "support the ideas of the bLM"
    You "sub humans" can support them, leave the rest of us out of it.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/blm-leader-says-whites-sub-human-should-be-wiped-joseph-curl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Summary: It's against the law for someone under 18 in Wisconsin to walk around with a dangerous weapon, unless it's a REALLY dangerous weapon, like an assault rifle. Then it's fine!

Are you for real?????

I've seen an alternative analysis from somebody claiming to be a combat veteran which goes like:
    "If you arrive armed at a place where violence is happening, prepared for violence and you engage in violence, there is no self defense, you are in fact, a willing combatant. If you do this without being sanctioned by a government outside of a combat zone, you are also in fact a terrorist. We had another word for armed civilians operating outside the military as well: insurgent.

If your recourse to the terrorist is to look up the criminal history of the victims, it is no different than looking up the criminal past of everyone that died on 9/11 in order to justify the hijackers. "

This is what happens when a society thinks its a good idea to let anybody (and I mean anybody) walk around with a loaded firearm. You get people attempting to justify the most irresponsible, reckless, provocative behaviour. Whoever thinks it's a good idea to let a dangerous fantasist like Rittenhouse tool up with a battlefield weapon and go looking for trouble and still remain, supposedly, within the law?

But then, Manic Moran is the sort of person who said, a few years back during another controversy about the fatal shooting of an unarmed teenager, Trayvon Martin, that the victim "had it coming".

To paraphrase Daniel O'Connell : "Oh Second Amendment! What horrors are committed in your name!"

While I would be on the side that the US needs tighter and more restricting gun controls. This would be poor example to fight that battle. The only reason it appears otherwise is because of the (deliberately?) sloppy reporting on it.

Best summary of the US is "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here."

You want sane,average, normal white people to "support the ideas of the bLM"
    You "sub humans" can support them, leave the rest of us out of it.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/blm-leader-says-whites-sub-human-should-be-wiped-joseph-curl

That is a comment from a single person in a single location in which there are BLM chapters. Are you equally abhorred at the American President referring to people as animals?

That same person also spoke of her experience as a 12 year old.
    My moment of non-action happened when I was 12. A couple of white teenagers yelled the N-Word at me like they discovered a new curse word and couldn't wait to use it.

If you had that experience as a child, which continued in various forms throughout your life, how would you view those at the other end of such abuse?

Overheal wrote: »
    Louisville Police have been trying to discredit Breonna Taylor as being involved in a 'crime syndicate' even going as far as to offer Glover, her ex-boyfriend, the one who the cops already had in custody during her wrongful death, a plea deal where he would not serve up to 10 years in jail but a probation. All he had to do was sign an affidavit that Taylor was a participant in his 'organized crime syndicate.' Naturally, he refused, and now the deal is public, with Police scrambling to put out the fire.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/01/breonna-taylor-plea-deal-louisville/?hpid=hp_hp-banner-main_taylor-12p%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

P2YKC2XHG4I6VP2EBUY4QWBYUU.jpg&w=916

"[In] July, Louisville prosecutors worked up a draft of a plea bargain with this offer for Glover: If the two-time convict said Taylor had participated in his “organized crime syndicate,” according to court records first reported by WDRB television on Monday, he could see a possible 10-year prison sentence turn into only a probation.

"Sam Aguiar, a Louisville attorney representing Taylor’s family in a wrongful-death lawsuit, slammed the offer as part of a smear campaign. He said the offer shows local officials are “desperate” to justify Taylor’s killing and “paint a picture of her which was vastly different than the woman she truly was,” he told the TV station.

“Shame on that office,” Aguiar wrote on Facebook. “She’s dead. Way to try and attack a woman when she’s not even here to defend herself.”

There is a 'crime syndicate' operating in Louisville, it is called the bLM movement. They use Mafia like tactics.
    https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020/08/02/blm-demands-cut-louisville-businesses-profits-protection/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg8JvNBFpAQ

Harry lyme wrote: »
    Black People in America's voting patterns is a very large part of the reason things aren't as good for their community as they could be.

90% of black people vote for the Democrats irrespective of who the candidate is.

This means the Democrats don't have to work for their vote because they know their going to vote for them anyway and it means their is no incentive for the Republicans to chase their votes either.

This results in neither side needed to implement as many policies to help the black community because their not as flexible in their voting habits as they should be.

Your vote is a way of bribing politicians to do what you want them to do and should be used as such and that means being more flexible in who you might vote for. The politicians in America have to kiss the asses of white people because their not guaranteed to vote for one side or the other. They don't have to do that with the black community as they pretty much know they are or are not going to get their vote in the first place.

The Democrats also support soft on crime laws that harm the black neighborhoods the most.
    DemocRATS are such Racists.

There is a 'crime syndicate' operating in Louisville, it is called the bLM movement. They use Mafia like tactics.

Mafia Tactics is it?

This from a former award winning cop who experienced Omerta in action within police forces.
    It wasn’t any surprise to me that, after Michael Brown was shot dead in Ferguson, officers instinctively lined up behind Darren Wilson, the cop who allegedly killed Brown. Officer Wilson may well have had cause to fire if Brown was attacking him, as some reports suggest, but it is also possible we will never know the full truth—whether, for example, it was really necessary for Wilson to shoot Brown at least six times, killing rather than just wounding him. As they always do, the police unions closed ranks also behind the officer in question. And the district attorney (who is often totally in bed with the police and needs their votes) and city power structure can almost always be counted on to stand behind the unions.
    Today the combination of an excess of deadly force and near-total lack of accountability is more dangerous than ever: Most cops today can pull out their weapons and fire without fear that anything will happen to them, even if they shoot someone wrongfully. All a police officer has to say is that he believes his life was in danger, and he’s typically absolved. What do you think that does to their psychology as they patrol the streets—this sense of invulnerability? The famous old saying still applies: Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Notwithstanding the above, your article is the BLM calling for support for Black and other minority owned businesses through purchasing of goods and services from them or through donating to organisations that support them.
    In that sense, they are more Robin Hood than the Mafia but you wouldn't expect Breitbart to see it that way of course.

• Advertisement

The Democrats also support soft on crime laws that harm the black neighborhoods the most.
    DemocRATS are such Racists.

Any chance of a link to some sort of an objective source on this point?

Nice caps in the word democrats by the way, very edgy and cool. Tucker Carlson might be interested given he had to fire his write for racist views on an internet Board.......

Advertisement