Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if you weren't fully sure of who Nelson Mandela was, what he achieved, or how he did it.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Ermm Tell me how - just to let you know - Gerry Adams was at Mandelas funeral. Now the coffin wasn't actually carried - it was on a trolley guided by a guard of honour made up of different people - one of whom was indeed our man Gerry.

Here's a photo photo

Heres an article

https://www.thejournal.ie/gerry-adams-guard-of-honour-nelson-mandela-1222286-Dec2013/

:pac:

On a more serious note- yes the blm are behaving like mafia.

You Don't believe that this is happening? Wouid you believe the testimony of a Mexican restaurant owner who arrived in the US on a raft before working hard to open up a small restaurant and now fears for his safety

You seem to have ignored this ...

And your story about cop does not make this type extortion in anyway excusable

gozunda wrote: »
    Ermm Tell me how - just to let you know - Gerry Adams was at Mandelas funeral. Now the coffin wasn't actually carried - it was on a trolley guided by a guard of honour made up of different people - one of whom was indeed our man Gerry.

Here's a photo

https://www.anphoblacht.com/files/images/orig/2013/Guard_of_honour_6.jpg

Heres an article

https://www.thejournal.ie/gerry-adams-guard-of-honour-nelson-mandela-1222286-Dec2013/

:pac:
    He didn't carry the coffin. Also, I believe NM wanted the provos to come to the table for peace talks. Imagine, acting in a conciliatory fashion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Bambi wrote: »
    That animal walked?

Jesus H Christ

It might sound crazy to people in Ireland, but in the US, do-gooders actually bail out rapists.

https://tbdailynews.com/monica-cannon-grant-and-mass-bail-fund-raised-15k-of-donated-money-to-bail-a-3-time-rapist-out-of-jail-who-raped-again-this-week/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Summary: It's against the law for someone under 18 in Wisconsin to walk around with a dangerous weapon, unless it's a REALLY dangerous weapon, like an assault rifle. Then it's fine!

Are you for real?????

I quoted chapter and verse from the legislation. You don't need to like it, but I assure you, the statement is for real. I even provided the reference so you can look it up for yourself in case I did something underhanded like change the words.
    I've seen an alternative analysis from somebody claiming to be a combat veteran which goes like:
    "If you arrive armed at a place where violence is happening, prepared for violence and you engage in violence, there is no self defense, you are in fact, a willing combatant. If you do this without being sanctioned by a government outside of a combat zone, you are also in fact a terrorist. We had another word for armed civilians operating outside the military as well: insurgent.

As I posted some days ago, in my opinion all parties went looking for trouble, and it found them. I don't believe I am in a minority if I say that Rittenhouse should have stayed home. However, he didn't, and what followed on from that is subject to the laws of the State of Wisconsin. If you prefer another method of resolving such occurrences other than the criminal justice system, what have you in mind?
    If your recourse to the terrorist is to look up the criminal history of the victims, it is no different than looking up the criminal past of everyone that died on 9/11 in order to justify the hijackers. "

I have not mentioned the criminal history of the victims as I don't see any reason for it to be relevant. One exception. I hypothesised the possibility that Grosskreutz did not shoot Rittenhouse with the firearm he carried due to concern over what would happen to him if he did, given he was a felon armed with a weapon. Other than that, my view of the situation is that it should be, as I said, assessed under the laws of the State of Wisconsin.
    This is what happens when a society thinks its a good idea to let anybody (and I mean anybody) walk around with a loaded firearm. You get people attempting to justify the most irresponsible, reckless, provocative behaviour. Whoever thinks it's a good idea to let a dangerous fantasist like Rittenhouse tool up with a battlefield weapon and go looking for trouble and still remain, supposedly, within the law?

Perhaps. But then again, I'd rather they remained in the law than out of it.
    But then, Manic Moran is the sort of person who said, a few years back during another controversy about the fatal shooting of an unarmed teenager, Trayvon Martin, that the victim "had it coming".

If, indeed, he attacked Zimmerman. As I said in the post you link to, and I shall say it again because it applies to the Kenosha situation. "A physical fight is strongly discouraged and should not be considered a preferred method of conflict resolution." Death is not an improbable result of such a decision in the US. Many of us are armed, lawfully or otherwise. Attacking someone who you know to be armed, is a particularly foolish course of action.
    To paraphrase Daniel O'Connell : "Oh Second Amendment! What horrors are committed in your name!

What would Daniel O' Connel say about Article 1 Section 25 of the Constitution of Wisconsin, then? Or is that not a catchy enough title?

He didn't carry the coffin. Also, I believe NM wanted the provos to come to the table for peace talks. Imagine, acting in a conciliatory fashion.

YOU will notice I already said that. Or you again ignoring what doesn't suit? But yes Adams formed part of the guard of honour surrounding Mandelas Coffin. Peace talks lol? If you notice Mandela was dead...

But on gerry and the ANC. Heres an interesting piece - aye peace talks or whatever ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-14706470

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    YOU will notice I already said that. Or you just ignoring what doesn't suit? But yes Adams formed part of the guard of honour surrounding Mandelas Coffin. Peace talks lol? If you notice Mandela was dead...

You edited your post 16 mins after I posted mine.......

NM was alive in the early 90s as well....

You edited your post 16 mins after I posted mine.......

NM was alive in the early 90s as well....

Wot?

The bit about him not carrying the coffin is in my post you quoted

You do know I didn't post the first comment about Gerry yeah?

I replied to TMH comment about Mandela. And that Gerry had indeed attended the funeral and formed part a guard of honour (but not carry the coffin). But hey no matter. Btw I've added an interesting article above for you to read concerning Gerrys 'Peace talks' lol :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

On the subject of the Portland response, the Governor came up with a plan to bring things under more control. Apparently it involves neighboring Sheriffs going to Portland, who were not consulted.

https://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/2020/08/clackamas-washington-county-sheriffs-rebuff-gov-kate-browns-request-to-staff-portland-protests.html

Several local law enforcement agencies said they will deny Gov Kate Brown’s request to have outside agencies staff ongoing protests in Portland, citing hostility and lack of public support for law enforcement.

The sheriffs of both Clackamas and Washington counties released written statements on Monday afternoon saying they would not be sending deputies to Portland.

The statements came less than 24 hours after Brown released a statement saying she would authorize more police at protests and more arrests in the wake of a shooting on Saturday that left one dead. In her statement, Brown mentioned both Clackamas and Washington county sheriffs’ offices by name, as well as the Gresham Police Department.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

I wonder whats going to happen when LeBron and all the people are telling people to go out and vote and either voting levels don't increase or they get biden and 4 years down the line black lads are still getting "murdered". What they gonna do then? Vote harder? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

LeBron's attempt to rally voters will lead to a Jordan contingent leaning heavily towards Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭DeadHand

That is a comment from a single person in a single location in which there are BLM chapters. Are you equally abhorred at the American President referring to people as animals?

That same person also spoke of her experience as a 12 year old.

If you had that experience as a child, which continued in various forms throughout your life, how would you view those at the other end of such abuse?

As a child, I was verbally abused by, beaten and robbed by Traveller kids. I would be far from alone in this. Abuse from this demographic has continued throughout my life, only lessening as I learned to avoid it more successfully.

Would you make similar excuses for me if I publicly stated that all Travellers are genetically defective and should be eradicated?

You would in your hole.

Let it go. The BLM have been exposed thoroughly and lost all credibility. Their defenders are looking increasingly sad and desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

LeBron's attempt to rally voters will lead to a Jordan contingent leaning heavily towards Trump.

Sure black people problems have only began since trump became president. Never mind that all the trouble that is going on is in democrat ran cities .ie chicago , detroit , new York , portland . I'm not a fan a trump either but I'd rather a bit of law and order , than a load of clowns been given a free reign to do what they want

Any chance of a link to some sort of an objective source on this point?

Nice caps in the word democrats by the way, very edgy and cool. Tucker Carlson might be interested given he had to fire his write for racist views on an internet Board.......

I know you are having a rise at another poster there - But do you really believe its just all about the democrats vs the republicans or some hack media presenters earning browny points like some do?

Is this what you would support simply because some believe all protestors are good and all cops are bad? That's some world to live in! Reap what we sow eh? Worth reposting in case you have not seen it ....

https://twitter.com/GKeile/status/1300880120635363330?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

That same person also spoke of her experience as a 12 year old.

If you had that experience as a child, which continued in various forms throughout your life, how would you view those at the other end of such abuse?

I don't want to take you up wrong here, can you clarify.
    Are you defending or at the least justifying the normalising of calling white people sub-human ?

Sure black people problems have only began since trump became president. Never mind that all the trouble that is going on is in democrat ran cities .ie chicago , detroit , new York , portland . I'm not a fan a trump either but I'd rather a bit of law and order , than a load of clowns been given a free reign to do what they want

The latter will be a concern of quite a number of suburban and smaller city voters if this continues to November. Of which Trump needs to secure a decisive victory.
    If it is anyway close could see a similar situation to 2000. The higher postal votes also complicating things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

I quoted chapter and verse from the legislation. You don't need to like it, but I assure you, the statement is for real.

Don't like it? It's downright Orwellian. It parallels so closely the language of the (amended) constitution of Animal Farm which stated "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others."

"All dangerous weapons are forbidden to people under 18 years of age, except for really dangerous ones like assault rifles!"

(Do you accept that that is a fair interpretation of the law as you have stated it?)

Each law states in its first phrase a noble, common sense principle and then blatantly contradicts it immediately afterwards!

"Free speech for everyone!" (er,....except for those who want to say anything)

If you prefer another method of resolving such occurrences other than the criminal justice system, what have you in mind?

my view of the situation is that it should be, as I said, assessed under the laws of the State of Wisconsin.

You can't, with any credibility, get all po-faced about respecting the rule of written law and then immediately point out that the same law is so evidently crafted to defer to the law of the jungle.

If a man has a gun, you will kowtow to his every needs because if not, he might conceivably perceive you to be a threat to his life and therefore be entitled to shoot you. Legally.

This applies whether you are wielding a skateboard in response to an armed stranger in your neighbourhood who has already shot somebody, (one of the Kenosha victims) or if you are just walking home from the candy store minding your own business (Trayvon Martin in Florida).

You tut disapprovingly of an immature 17 year old tooling up with a battlefield weapon and running round a riot zone looking for (and finding) trouble but then immediately retreat behind "well there's no law against it so he did nothing wrong".

Doesn't American law in general follow the concepts of Common Law with its notions of precedence and general principles? Here's a corollary: in the next day or so, a resident of Kenosha in legal possession of a firearm shoots on sight and kills an armed person from outside the neighbourhood who is standing on his street carrying a long firearm but not in any uniform to suggest he is a person of any authority, and by implication, subject to public accountability.

The Kenosha resident then pleads self defence because the last "civilian" to come into his neighbourhood with a rifle shot two people dead and now there is a rabid chorus of people, usually white, insisting that he did nothing wrong and contributing big money to his legal defence. Such a person is a clear and present threat to the safety of anybody in that neighbourhood, so he must be taken out.

Flaws in that legal argument?

What would Daniel O' Connel say about Article 1 Section 25 of the Constitution of Wisconsin, then? Or is that not a catchy enough title?

The original O'Connell quote, although I think he was actually quoting or paraphrasing an earlier sage, is "Oh Liberty, what horrors are committed in thy name!" It's not a denouncement of Liberty, per se. It IS a condemnation of what some people consider to be justified in the process of attaining it.

Self defence is a natural right. But the American corollary that every citizen therefore has the right to walk around with a loaded firearm in any situation is a ludicrous state of affairs, which imparts more danger throughout American society and is laughed to scorn around the rest of the democratic or "Free" world.

Never mind what we say; look what we DO!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

You tut disapprovingly of an immature 17 year old tooling up with a battlefield weapon and running round a riot zone looking for (and finding) trouble but then immediately retreat behind "well there's no law against it so he did nothing wrong".

That's how laws work. If you don't break them, then there's no problem. Yes, you can do wrong things, but not every wrong thing is illegal.
    Here's a corollary: in the next day or so, a resident of Kenosha in legal possession of a firearm shoots on sight and kills an armed person from outside the neighbourhood who is standing on his street carrying a long firearm but not in any uniform to suggest he is a person of any authority, and by implication, subject to public accountability.

The Kenosha resident then pleads self defence because the last "civilian" to come into his neighbourhood with a rifle shot two people dead and now there is a rabid chorus of people, usually white, insisting that he did nothing wrong and contributing big money to his legal defence. Such a person is a clear and present threat to the safety of anybody in that neighbourhood, so he must be taken out.

Flaws in that legal argument?

Bit of a flaw alright. Kyle Rittenhouse was being actively assaulted. There's plenty of video evidence to support that fact. There's no such assault in your story above. Not similar circumstances. KR's story sounds like self-defence but your story sounds like murder to me.
    TSelf defence is a natural right. But the American corollary that every citizen therefore has the right to walk around with a loaded firearm in any situation is a ludicrous state of affairs, which imparts more danger throughout American society and is laughed to scorn around the rest of the democratic or "Free" world.

I'm not really in favour of people parading around the streets with their firearms, but if the law allows it, then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭edjkdkjdhjkd

Plenty of racists up early today i see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Very throw away comment ...... gone are the days of calling someine racist would shut people up, it's so diluted now if your gonna use the word please follow it up with some backup please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are people that want to get conversations going, bridge gaps and mend society, and then there is guys like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

It's not the Greeks it's the Chinese we're after.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

This is Phillip L. Nelson, 38, is accused of the murders of Leaton, 22, and Hobbs, 39, who died after being stabbed to death. This degenerate prawn was arrested a week prior to the murders at a violent antifa protest in June but surprise surprise, it quickly released without bail and the criminal charge was not pursued.

EaWiXerU0AEwkvq?format=png&name=240x240

BTYLM5UWPNCCNKU5OMLMZO2NM4.jpg

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2020/06/man-jailed-on-suspicion-of-killing-2-in-ne-portland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Are you claiming that no race/inequality based rioting ever happened in the US prior to Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I see Donald is now resorting to crisis actors as real owners don't want to be involved in his attempts to put more fuel on the fire

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1301002407250472966?s=20

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I see Donald is now resorting to crisis actors as real owners don't want to be involved in his attempts to put more fuel on the fire

Shur the real owner was probably afraid he'd be lynched after it..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭edjkdkjdhjkd

Foxtrol wrote: »

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1301002407250472966?s=20

Pretty much this.

The far right are resorting to blatantly making things up now

There was a peaceful protest in LA, a migrant was throw from from a skyscraper by a police officer.

https://babylonbee.com/news/large-turnout-for-memorial-for-hans-gruber-who-was-thrown-from-a-building-by-a-police-officer

Same time as it turns out LA cops are being told by supervisors to turn off body cams during protests.

https://twitter.com/KTLA/status/1300944669757435904?s=20

Would be putting a cross-hairs on your business.

• Advertisement

No, as per the business owner quotes he just didn't believe in Trump's toxic narrative.

As an aside, the guy Trump repeatedly noted as the owner of the business is actually the owner of the building, of course Donald feels the pain of real estate investors but they don't play as well with the public as lying that he was a small business owner.

https://twitter.com/donmoyn/status/1301007484455395328?s=20

Advertisement