Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

biko wrote: »
    The alleged murderer of Aaron Danielson, Michael Reinoehl, shot dead in firefight with arresting police.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/09/man-sought-in-the-fatal-downtown-portland-shooting-reported-to-have-been-killed-by-officers-in-wa.html

Seen a few people posting this on twitter

"the arrest of Michael Reinoehl was mostly peaceful"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The killer Reinoehl, did an interview with Vice, and it's very clear that he wanted to be a martyr and was clearly using the platform given him to paint himself as the innocent party stuck in a dilemma. No doubt he has been coached. “Honestly, I hate to say it, but I see a civil war right around the corner. That shot felt like the beginning of a war.” They really went for it! He won't get to see if a civil war was around the corner. He's dead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Portland will be tense tonight.

Antifa may turn their anger upon law enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

The alleged murderer of Aaron Danielson, Michael Reinoehl, shot dead in firefight with arresting police.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/09/man-sought-in-the-fatal-downtown-portland-shooting-reported-to-have-been-killed-by-officers-in-wa.html

g338iwi116w31.jpg?auto=webp&cbcdfdf2
    Good. We can save money on trials and housing him in jail.

The killer Reinoehl, did an interview with Vice, and it's very clear that he wanted to be a martyr and was clearly using the platform given him to paint himself as the innocent party stuck in a dilemma. No doubt he has been coached. “Honestly, I hate to say it, but I see a civil war right around the corner. That shot felt like the beginning of a war.” They really went for it! He won't get to see if a civil war was around the corner. He's dead now.

I bet "Commander red" said similar nonsense. Then he was crying like a baby in the fetal position when he was arrested.

They all want to die or go to jail. Until it actually happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In the image from my linked article, that's the Antifa man's 16yo daughter with a baseball bat...

436-UK56-D4-FAMNCEDYPVFJMBVLA.jpg
    “I have my daughter here with me because I’m trying to give her an education,” he told the videographer.
    “The fact is, she’s going to be contributing to running this new country that we’re fighting for. And she’s gonna learn everything on the street, not by what people have said,” he claimed.
    https://nypost.com/2020/09/01/antifa-man-eyed-in-portland-shooting-took-daughter-to-protests/

One cannot help but wonder if anyone from the opposition also bring teenage kids with baseball bats with them, not that I have seen anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

One cannot help but wonder if anyone from the opposition also bring teenage kids with baseball bats with them, not that I have seen anyway.
    This guy does not seem like someone who was at all right in the head, but you seem to have quickly forgotten about a teenage member of the opposition killing people with the AR15 he had with him only a few days ago.

In the image from my linked article, that's the Antifa man's 16yo daughter with a baseball bat...

436-UK56-D4-FAMNCEDYPVFJMBVLA.jpg

https://nypost.com/2020/09/01/antifa-man-eyed-in-portland-shooting-took-daughter-to-protests/

Didn't the anti-BLM poster boy/alt right hero/spree murderer Mr. Rittenhouse bring an AR-15 to a protest? "Bad hombres" on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I see your point but I don't think Rittenhouse was there with his dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Sounds like a domestic terrorist to me. Its going to be amusing to see how people try to excuse this guy and wonder aloud how was he radicalised, and how could he have found a home in a mostly peaceful group like Antifa. They'll probably try reclassify him as a right wing terrorist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Didn't the anti-BLM poster boy/alt right hero/spree murderer Mr. Rittenhouse bring an AR-15 to a protest? "Bad hombres" on both sides.

No he brought it to protect property from your mates , who are going round burning everything down . The three people he shot were convicted Crim's inc a pedo . Great people them protestors

This guy does not seem like someone who was at all right in the head, but you seem to have quickly forgotten about a teenage member of the opposition killing people with the AR15 he had with him only a few days ago.

They turned out to be convicted pedophiles so I won't be shedding a tear for them. Less scumbags in our society is a good thing.

No he brought it to protect property from your mates , who are going round burning everything down . The three people he shot were convicted Crim's inc a pedo . Great people them protestors

The Left never lets facts get in the way of their feelings.

You are not in Kansas now, Toto.

It's spelt "paedo".

As an aside, why can't the pro- systemic racism posters spell paedophile right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Portland will be tense tonight.

Antifa may turn their anger upon law enforcement.

Hopefully the police let them know who's boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    They turned out to be convicted pedophiles so I won't be shedding a tear for them. Less scumbags in our society is a good thing.

True but a lot of leftists support pedos and are pro the sexual exploitation of our children.

Mr. Karate wrote: »

All the people Kyle Rittenhouse shot were convicted PAEDOPHILES. That's interesting. Got a source for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

It's spelt "paedo".

Accepted American spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It's spelt "paedo".

Doesn't really matter how you spell paedo/pedo. And their past has nothing to do with why they were shot.

Guess what all three that were shot had in common? They were all attacking Kyle Rittenhouse. That's why they were shot.

Accepted American spelling.

Oh, I didn't realize. I see the post in a different color now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

gozunda wrote: »
    Many black people do not agree with blms methods or tactics or their position on the police.

Black people polled have consistently showed around 85% support for the BLM movement over the last few months.

Hard to find anything the white community feels that strongly about.

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    I love it when people pull stats out of a hat like that LOL

What matters is how many people keep getting into trouble with the Police. How difficult is it to lead an honest life?

The poster I responded to claimed that a person was more likely to be killed by a black man.

The stat that 83% of white people are killed by other white people is completely relevant when dealing with that type of nonsense.

I think he meant one of them was a convicted pedophile but thats just what i got from trying to understand that post.

Are you saying one of them wasnt? any source to prove them as innocent upstanding citizens?

He was implying that all were convicted paedophiles. Did I say one wasn't?

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Doesn't really matter how you spell paedo/pedo. And their past has nothing to do with why they were shot.

Guess what all three that were shot had in common? They were all attacking Kyle Rittenhouse. That's why they were shot.

It's a pity the teenage girl that KR beat up didn't have a gun on her to stop her been attacked by an aggressive predatory male.

I dunno i found it very easy to understand what the poster meant, were you deliberately trying to not understand it? or understand it wrong?

"They turned out to be convicted pedophiles so I won't be shedding a tear for them. Less scumbags in our society is a good thing."

This was the quote. How exactly does that imply that he was saying only one of them was a paedophile?

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Here's the problem. Cop does something wrong, you are screaming from the rooftops.

Black man does wrong or his dumbass actions lead to him getting shot, you don't mention it one little bit. You just deflect and talk about bodycam footage and bags of soup.

Where did I (or as far as I remember anyone from this thread) mention Deon Kay? Where was the 'screaming from the rooftops'?

There is also no problem with expecting more from and expecting accountability for a person that my taxes are paying to carry a gun and do a competent job than my expectations of a random criminal.

Not only are my taxes paying for his salary and pension, due to the ridiculous laws my taxes are also paying for practically all the huge settlements that are made for them doing a terrible job (as it is near impossible to find them personally liable).

Do you not see how low you've set the bar that your expectations for cops is that they are judged to the same standards as criminals? The horrible things is that in truth the standard for police accountability is even lower than a criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

It's spelt "paedo".

Do you think you are being clever in pointing out a spelling mistake? This doesn't reflect positively on you in any way.

Do You condemn paedophilia and any person convicted of such an abhorrent crime?

What poll is that ? any source to back up that number? id be interested to see it.

https://civiqs.com/results/black_lives_matter?uncertainty=true&annotations=true&zoomIn=true&race=Black%20or%20African-American
    Are you saying something is correct because people feel strongly about it? go back to 1940 and you ll find a helluv alot of people feeling strong about certain things and being completely wrong, i think we need less crowd following and knee jerk reactions and more people taking time to think about what they are doing.. for the good of everyone really,

Of course strong support doesn't mean a position is right, the Civil Rights protesters were incredibly unpopular at the time.

The previous poster made an outlandish unsubstantiated claim that many black people don't support the BLM movement
    Its a really tragic situation in the US at the min peoples businesses being burnt down alot of hate towards white people aswell.

I cant see how this mindless rioting looting and disruption is going to lead to black people being better off..

It isn't the right course of action to take but I don't really see it as mindless, it is human nature to strike out when they feel attacked and powerless. We saw for decades in the north how actions by the RUC/British Army would lead to riots.

You cant punish a police officer for doing there job, its the individuals that are committing the crime that need to be looked at first and the police 2nd.. it seems to be backward of late, and people are being completely unreasonable towards the police and just issuing blanket judgement that simply arent true.

Their job isn't choking a man to death with their knee on their neck for 8 minutes, it isn't to shoot a woman in her bed, it isn't to choke a man to death for selling loose cigarettes, it isn't to kill a 12 year old kid for playing with a toy gun in a park, it isn't to let a situation get so out of hand that you shoot a man 7 times in the back a meter from his kids... (the list goes on and on)

• Advertisement

Its a really interesting dynamic on this thread, you have BLM shouting from the roof tops about any perceived injustice, but at the same time they willfully turn a blind eye or minimize anything negative that BLM do? Not picking a side but its just weird to see people that see themselves as trying to "better the world" and be about "equality" completely ignore selected stuff really strange and biased take up one side of the arguement its kinda counter productive!

This is a very interesting approach for someone claiming to be 'not picking a side'.

The bold could equally be said about posters supporting police or wannabe rambo militia members, they shout from the roof tops about actions that make protesters look bad but 'willfully turn a blind eye or minimize anything negative' that the police do.

Key difference for me is that I hold generally well paid and supposedly well trained police officers to a higher standard than I do random protesters and obvious criminals.

Advertisement