Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

And the associated conversations around these posts
    I can't help but notice gozunda thanked both of the posts you quoted, that's interesting. Quite a different response to the two posts about elected officials threatening murder and saying to feel free to burn down houses that I posted, I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

...And the associated conversations around these posts

Lol. This is the comment where you told me to and I quote - to "pick a lane" inferring that your sentence -
    a single BLM organizer's words are taken to represent the whole organisation".

were somehow my words ...

I asked you Where? AND instead you quote another poster.

Funnily enough - it looks like they didn't say that either ie "a single BLM organizer's words are taken to represent the whole organisation(your words)

But rather
    Harry lyme wrote:
    She was the head of BLM in Chicago, she's not a minor member of the organisation.

It's perfectly legitimate criticise a BLM leader for talking nonsense about reparations and defending violent actions from protestors.

AND
    Harry lyme wrote:

The head of BLM in Chicago (3rd biggest city in USA) is spouting the reparations line, it is not some minor member of the organisation who's doing it.

So that poster absolutely did NOT say what you claimed.

As I said - even more nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 21,692 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

gozunda wrote: »
    Lol. Your reply is not to show - what you said is true - but instead to ask for links?

More of the do as I say, not as I do from you....
    Have they? Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

According to the anti-defamation league, there is no activity when it comes to ideology murder etc Not even propaganda. None. There's been nothing but extremist left violence in the states. How anyone in the states can find ADL credible is astonishing. Tim Pool examines it further. Good video.

I can't help but notice gozunda thanked both of the posts you quoted, that's interesting. Quite a different response to the two posts about elected officials threatening murder and saying to feel free to burn down houses that I posted, I have to say.

OMG - no way! I thanked a post:eek:

A post about the concept of "reparations". Not some social media rant copy and paste job.

And as pointed out above - neither of those 2 posts are in anyway akin to Tmh's words. Viz.
    ..a single BLM organizer's words are taken to represent the whole organisation

But you know that already and if you don't read my post above...

BTW I see the point made relating to not posting 'hate filled social media tirades' - went straight over your head again. I get it you simply don't understand that. No worries.

And no its not a competition ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

OMG - no way! I thanked a post:eek: ...
    As I said, in sharp contrast to when I pointed out dangerous rhetoric from elected Republican officials which you got very defensive over and suggested I shouldn't even post. So at least we're in agreement there.

According to the anti-defamation league, there is no activity when it comes to ideology murder etc Not even propaganda. None. There's been nothing but extremist left violence in the states. How anyone in the states can find ADL credible is astonishing. Tim Pool examines it further. Good video.

Another Tim Pool video.

I wouldn't take him as being unbiased in this respect any more than you would accept this video as evidence for police behaviour, even though it is on video.

More of the do as I say, not as I do from you....

Nope. Wrong again. Your comment demanded links.

My comment simply asked you explain your allegation - which you failed to do btw as instead you quoted another poster out of context.

So yes more nonsense.

Would you care to explain about your belief that Jacob Blake was "killed". Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

It appears that a significant number of the major media channels (with a small number of exceptions tbf) are apparently reluctant to accurately report on whats happening. Whether from a fear of being accused of bias, racism or similar is unknown.

Link

Currently the main sources of such information
    comes from independent or foreign journalists or reporters on the ground - with it being nigh on impossible to keep up to date with whats happening from much of main stream media. The poplulist coverage being akin to "nothing to see here - just move along" or wtte.

The narrative appears to be pushing the idea that there is little to suggest that demonstrators / protestors are engaging in any violence whatsoever despite livefeed reports showing otherwise.

Notably the "Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project"- had published an analysis of data collected from various media reports (as a means of recording protest data as either violent and non-violent) However considing the paucity of such reports coming from the media - one wonders whether the findings and anslysis can be in any way representative of the true state of what is happening on the ground tbh.

Some reporters are banned from reporting,by the blm mob.

https://reason.com/2020/09/04/youre-not-allowed-to-film-the-fight-for-control-over-who-reports-from-portland/

I don't see an issue with those beliefs.

Which ones do you have a problem with?

Given this statement on the same site,

Do you still think the BLM is racist?

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable"

Since I'm married with children, they deafeningly are against my Family.
    the collective care they speak of, will be done at gun point.

• Advertisement

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable"

Since I'm married with children, they deafeningly are against my Family.
    the collective care they speak of, will be done at gun point.

They don't give a sh*t about your family structure, they just don't agree that that is the only acceptable structure in which to raise children. You can put the gun back in the lock box Rambo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

They don't give a sh*t about your family structure, they just don't agree that that is the only acceptable structure in which to raise children. You can put the gun back in the lock box Rambo.

The breakdown of the traditional family structure in black America has been devastating. The lack of fathers in the lives of young African American men has been perhaps the central catalyst in the descent into criminality the African American community has endured over the last 50 years.

Similar situations exist in other settings, and skin colour has no bearing on any of it, remove the family structure and leave people desperate and criminality becomes rampant.

Downplaying the importance of the family is a serious miscalculation and supporting any ideology that wishes to destroy it further is irresponsible.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I find that so funny .

The guy looks like he is running though water and doesn't want wet feet. :)

All of them are idiots, a guy putting out the fire with a shield. :)
    That guy gets my vote for most stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭Jeff2

nullzero wrote: »
    The breakdown of the traditional family structure in black America has been devastating. The lack of fathers in the lives of young African American men has been perhaps the central catalyst in the descent into criminality the African American community has endured over the last 50 years.

Similar situations exist in other settings, and skin colour has no bearing on any of it, remove the family structure and leave people desperate and criminality becomes rampant.

Downplaying the importance of the family is a serious miscalculation and supporting any ideology that wishes to destroy it further is irresponsible.

Black men are 6 times more likely to be jailed during their life than white men.
    Kinda hard being a dad or maintain a relationship while inside.

But I guess according to posters here, the only reason they are jailed is because they are guilty and the only reason they are guilty is because they are caught and so on and so on.

Which once again brings us back to for profit prisons, redlining, and a likelihood to be involved in crime and the reasons why this is the case.

Let me repeat, because I can hear the outrage already, all criminal activity is wrong, all who do so are ultimately responsible for their own actions.
    The system, whatever it is, is not working. You either want it to stay as is, or want to see change.

And, none of these points excuse prejudicial and excessive police behaviour.

And the associated conversations around these posts
    Taken from the Facebook page of bLM Boston.
    It shows that the bLm mob, support the Gang Bangers in Boston.
    By helping the Gangs, You and I know that there will be a lot of Dead Black and Brown people.
    Why would you, who pretends to care for black people, support the bLM mob.

?type=3&eid=ARAdfpWY02_zZjcM0VeRVAExzsYnVDRuarZMzI39_5vy4IKhBHVcTZrU-I9DQM8H3EZFv-uD-MAUSmsa&__tn__=EHH-R
    https://www.facebook.com/BlmBoston/photos/a.260944127362790/1910336712423515/?type=3&eid=ARAdfpWY02_zZjcM0VeRVAExzsYnVDRuarZMzI39_5vy4IKhBHVcTZrU-I9DQM8H3EZFv-uD-MAUSmsa&__tn__=EHH-R

The ADL is a hate group.
    They hate the First and Second Amendments.
    And when it comes to Israel they become Hypocrites.

Taken from the Facebook page of bLM Boston.
    It shows that the bLm mob, support the Gang Bangers in Boston.
    By helping the Gangs, You and I know that there will be a lot of Dead Black and Brown people.
    Why would you, who pretends to care for black people, support the bLM mob.

?type=3&eid=ARAdfpWY02_zZjcM0VeRVAExzsYnVDRuarZMzI39_5vy4IKhBHVcTZrU-I9DQM8H3EZFv-uD-MAUSmsa&__tn__=EHH-R
    https://www.facebook.com/BlmBoston/photos/a.260944127362790/1910336712423515/?type=3&eid=ARAdfpWY02_zZjcM0VeRVAExzsYnVDRuarZMzI39_5vy4IKhBHVcTZrU-I9DQM8H3EZFv-uD-MAUSmsa&__tn__=EHH-R

That's your determination that this implies they support gang bangers, I don't see it stated in that notice. It's also your view that this would result in a lot of dead black and brown people.

I take it that you do recognize that they are not looking for that abolishment of police, but instead that just 10% of the police budget is reallocated to more productive measures.

Thanks for posting this, it shows that some of the claims made here, are way off the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 some.guy

Black men are 6 times more likely to be jailed during their life than white men.

But I guess according to posters here, the only reason they are jailed is because they are guilty and the only reason they are guilty is because they are caught and so on and so on.

Which once again brings us back to for profit prisons, redlining, and a likelihood to be involved in crime and the reasons why this is the case.

Let me repeat, because I can hear the outrage already, all criminal activity is wrong, all who do so are ultimately responsible for their own actions.
    The system, whatever it is, is not working. You either want it to stay as is, or want to see change.

As Dr.Phil says, you can't change what you don't acknowledge.
    BLM and it's supporters need to acknowledge the real problems in the black community if they want to make things better.

some.guy wrote: »
    As Dr.Phil says, you can't change what you don't acknowledge.
    BLM and it's supporters need to acknowledge the real problems in the black community if they want to make things better.

I absolutely agree that meaningful change generally comes from within but it also needs to be in a position to make a difference.

But, that does not mean that abusive or prejudiced behaviour should be tolerated.

Again, to use an analogy.

Many people in Ireland use physical force to discipline their kids. That is illegal.
    There aren't protests about it, or outrage, or public conversation on the topic.
    If there were teachers in various schools doing so, all the above would happen and teachers, principals, Board of Management members and the Minister for Education would be held to account over it.

The police are a public funded arm of officialdom who are there to protect all members of the public. The evidence is that one group not only don't feel protected, they feel targeted and there is evidence to support this.

Maybe that 10% that Biafranlivemat showed BLM are looking to be diverted could be used to start the change within communities in conjunction with action on police practices.

• Advertisement

They hate the Nuclear family, It has already been destroyed in the black neighborhoods, and they want the same thing done to non black Families.
    I don't own a gun (yet) but when I do, Ill need a Gun safe for it, not a little lock box.

Rambo ? are you drinking tonight, because Monday is a Holiday.

They hate the Nuclear family, It has already been destroyed in the black neighborhoods, and they want the same thing done to non black Families.
    I don't own a gun (yet) but when I do, Ill need a Gun safe for it, not a little lock box.

Rambo ? are you drinking tonight, because Monday is a Holiday.

Link please.

Black men generally father children with different women.
    So to protect the so called "fathers" from paying child support, the part on the Birth Certificate were the father's name is suppose to be, is left blank.
    The women lie, out of fear.

Black "fathers" leave the women before or just after the birth of their child, a very small percent leave because of jail.

Could you name a for 'Profit' jail/prison in Massachusetts, because I have gone over the list and can't find any.

You keep bring up redlining, You know that ended a long time ago.

That's your determination that this implies they support gang bangers, I don't see it stated in that notice. It's also your view that this would result in a lot of dead black and brown people.

I take it that you do recognize that they are not looking for that abolishment of police, but instead that just 10% of the police budget is reallocated to more productive measures.

Thanks for posting this, it shows that some of the claims made here, are way off the mark.

Face.png

bLM supports gang bangers by wanting to
    Disband the Gang Unit
    Erase the Gang Database
    Shut down the Boston Regional Intelligence center (gang related task force)
    Remove police from the public school (schools are used by gangs for recruitment)

They ask for up to 10% of the police budget.
    So they are looking for up to $41 million dollars.
    I’m sure the bLM non profits will spent the money wisely and not line their own pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Ultimately you end up in prison because you made a choice to commit a crime.
    I do not agree with the American prison system (the so called prison industrial complex) and I acknowledge the fact that it is a for profit system that does everything in its power to keep people inside the walls of the prisons.

It is horrible that any group of people should be more likely to end up in prison, but it's worthwhile examining why that is.

Take a look back 26 years to the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act 1994, introduced by Democratic President Bill Clinton. This is something that targeted low level criminals and has more to answer for in relation to the numbers of African American males currently incarcerated today than anything else that can be brought up in this debate. The notion that all the problems faced by African Americans being rooted in right wing political ideologies is seriously flawed.

BLM on the surface appears to be a noble cause, but when you have BLM leaders calling for war on the police and spouting racist nonsense the legitimacy of the movement evaporates.

African American people need a new MLK, all they have is a bunch of louts encouraging civil unrest and the destruction of property, and when you encourage that type of behaviour, the result is a net loss for everyone in society.

BLM has no legitimacy due to the content of its character, not the colour of its skin.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

nullzero wrote: »
    Ultimately you end up in prison because you made a choice to commit a crime.
    I do not agree with the American prison system (the so called prison industrial complex) and I acknowledge the fact that it is a for profit system that does everything in its power to keep people inside the walls of the prisons.

It is horrible that any group of people should be more likely to end up in prison, but it's worthwhile examining why that is.

Take a look back 26 years to the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act 1994, introduced by Democratic President Bill Clinton. This is something that targeted low level criminals and has more to answer for in relation to the numbers of African American males currently incarcerated today than anything else that can be brought up in this debate. The notion that all the problems faced by African Americans being rooted in right wing political ideologies is seriously flawed.

BLM on the surface appears to be a noble cause, but when you have BLM leaders calling for war on the police and spouting racist nonsense the legitimacy of the movement evaporates.

African American people need a new MLK, all they have is a bunch of louts encouraging civil unrest and the destruction of property, and when you encourage that type of behaviour, the result is a net loss for everyone in society.

BLM has no legitimacy due to the content of its character, not the colour of its skin.

Sounds like the First Steps Act would help with some of the incarcerations. Who signed that into law again??

I don't see an issue with those beliefs.

Which ones do you have a problem with?

Given this statement on the same site,

Do you still think the BLM is racist?

So you do support their manifesto.

Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Hilariously accurate 30 second clip from family guy in relation to the media and BLM.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Critical race theory
    You can even send money to the presenter if you wish.

Remember, white people are "demons" (so I assume their lives don't much matter)

image.jpg

What is said then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

biko wrote: »

Giving a class on racism and not realising that you are racist. :rolleyes:

Advertisement