Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Overheal wrote: »
    One black man gets elected president and poof all the institutional racism is just gone? Eh, think again. Even he’s been pulled over by the cops and it could have been his last at any time too. Senator Tim Scott, as well, gets pulled over. We even still have institutional slavery ffs, in the prison industry.

Over 50% of the Evil White People voted for him. Twice. If White people were still so racist he would have NEVER been nominated no less President.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Over 50% of the Evil White People voted for him. Twice. If White people were still so racist he would have NEVER been nominated no less President.

You do know that Obama didn't get over 50% of the white vote in either of the elections? In the second election it was about 35% of the white vote. He did get 96% of the black and Hispanic vote.

MFPM wrote: »
    I quite agree but it does as it does with gender.

Of course not but if there is an underrepresentation of people of colour, women etc then it's reasonable to ask why?

Says who?

I suppose one could flip that and ask why shouldn't there be equal representation?

That's from the same playbook as 'All/White Lives Matter' and it should be treated with the contempt such ignorant ahistorical nonsense deserves.

Treat anything I said with contempt if you wish. I stand by my statement.

If there is a lack of black people in politics it could be for a myriad of reasons. It's bizarre to think that white people would only look out for people who look like them. I don't assume that a black person would or should only deal with "black issues" and prioritize what you would consider black problems at the expense of anything else.

Equal representation is required if you think that way. I don't. What a person believes and whether he or she would do their job in the best and fairest way possible should be the only metric on which they are judged. Shoehorning in more black people to deal with black issues and more women to deal with women issues is bizarre.

Anybody should be given a platform to run and put their case forward as to why they would like to run. I've said it countless times, equality of outcome is not the same as equality of opportunity. I wholly support the latter. And strongly oppose the former.

I don't ascribe my opinions to white lives matter, all lives matter or black lives matter. All three are being used AS divisive tools BY divisive tools

• Registered Users Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭MFPM

Mr. Karate wrote: »

Was the poster suggesting White people en mass were racist?

Can you remind me say of the previous 20+ Presidents of the US were subject to a Birther query and then tell me how many of them weren't white and thus was there some correlation between the two?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

BLM just a few years ago:
    Black Lives Matter Toronto co-founder Yusra Khogali was criticized after she argued on social media that black people are a superior race
    because white people are "sub-humxn" who suffer from "recessive genetic defects," and how they could be wiped out.
    https://www.ibtimes.com/who-yusra-khogali-black-lives-matter-toronto-co-founder-racist-rant-calls-white-2491580

I don't know if Yusra Khogali is still a shot-caller within BLM but if their leaders express themselves like this the message to their troops is pretty clear.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »

https://www.ibtimes.com/who-yusra-khogali-black-lives-matter-toronto-co-founder-racist-rant-calls-white-2491580

I don't know if Yusra Khogali is still a shot-caller within BLM but if their leaders express themselves like this the message to their troops is pretty clear.

That womxn **** boils my piss.

I don't know if Yusra Khogali is still a shot-caller

Perhaps you could do some research given your concerns?
    but if their leaders express themselves

So you don't know but you decided to hypothesis none the less?
    like this the message to their troops is pretty clear.

Is it, what's the message?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I've never heard of her but if true it makes sense, BLM is a racist, antisemitic black supremacy group.

I'm all for an end to racism, but BLM is not that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

That womxn **** boils my piss.

You know you're dealing with an idiot when they use those made gender neutral terms.

ELM327 wrote: »
    I've never heard of her but if true it makes sense, BLM is a racist, antisemitic black supremacy group.

I'm all for an end to racism, but BLM is not that.
    BLM is a racist, antisemitic black supremacy group.

That's nonsense frankly.

• Advertisement

MFPM wrote: »
    That's nonsense frankly.
    Have you seen their attacks on Israel?

I've no idea if I've seen every 'attack' by every BLM group but yes I've seen some - the one issued by BLM in the UK wasn't anti-semitic. There is an attempt by some Jewish organisations to characterise any critique of Israel as anti-semetic thankfully not all Jewish organisations engage in such dishonesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

joeguevara wrote: »
    You do know that Obama didn't get over 50% of the white vote in either of the elections? In the second election it was about 35% of the white vote. He did get 96% of the black and Hispanic vote.

That’s very racists of them 96% would imply they voted for colour as opposed to policies

In fairness, saying attacks on Israel are antisentic is a cop out. Attacks on Israel us because of their treatment and suppression of the Palestinians.

ted1 wrote: »
    That’s very racists of them 96% would imply they voted for colour as opposed to policies
    They did
    In fairness, saying attacks on Israel are antisentic is a cop out. Attacks on Israel us because of their treatment and suppression of the Palestinians.
    How is it suppressing Palestinians when not only is it in the land of Israel, most western nations (including Ireland) don't even recognise palestine as a state

• Registered Users Posts: 83,355 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They did

How is it suppressing Palestinians when not only is it in the land of Israel, most western nations (including Ireland) don't even recognise palestine as a state

Ireland does though? Since 1980.

Overheal wrote: »
    Ireland does though? Since 1980.
    Close, but not exactly.
    Ireland recognised the right to create a palestinian state. Not the existence of one.

Close, but not exactly.
    Ireland recognised the right to create a palestinian state. Not the existence of one.

Oh well suppress away then :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can't suppress something that doesn't exist. The state is Israel and is the home of Jews worldwide.
    An attack on Israel is an attack on Judaism and by its nature antisemitic.

You can't suppress something that doesn't exist. The state is Israel and is the home of Jews worldwide.

Pretty sure Palestinians exist.

It does people no intellectual favors to conflate criticism of the politics of the nation of Israel with the recognition that Jews are people with a right to exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

"The state of Israel has broken international law by developing settlements in the Golan Heights since the 1970s"

Does that constitute an anti-Semitic statement in your eyes?

Attacks happened since the creation of the State of Israel, and on Jews before the creation of the actual state itself. Its not solely because of their treatment of Palestinians.

I really wish people would give up on picking sides, and then 'cherry picking' responsibilities for what has happened. Both sides, hell, all sides (lets include the other Arab nations) have contributed to the current state of affairs.

In any case, I'm not shocked at what BLM said, because it's fashionable to criticise Israel while giving Palestine a free pass for what's happened. Boards is full of similar attitudes. Honestly, I don't think it matters.

The issue with BLM is what they want to turn the US (or other western nations) into.

Bull****, it’s the Israeli government and their actions. Shooting unarmed kids, Depriving Palestinians of medical care, electricity, freedom of movement etc. You know basic human rights.
    Their religion does t come into it.

Attacks happened since the creation of the State of Israel, and on Jews before the creation of the actual state itself. Its not solely because of their treatment of Palestinians.

I think the Israeli Government are scumbags operating on par with terrorists. Their religion in no way influences my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hannibal36

Bull****, it’s the Israeli government and their actions. Shooting unarmed kids, Depriving Palestinians of medical care, electricity, freedom of movement etc. You know basic human rights.
    Their religion does t come into it.

At the end of the day Israel exists now,the aims of Palestinian extremists are completely unrealistic and if outsiders stopped using them for populist agendas and encouraging them to rebel( looking at you Sinn Fein )their lives would get a whole lot better.Israel isn't trying to slaughter them they are just highly defensive with unfriendly Muslims all around with aims of destroying their nation,it leaves them naturally feeling defensive.

Hannibal36 wrote: »
    Israel isn't trying to slaughter .

They are trying to eradicate them.

Defensive ? Look at history, they were the aggressor in the 6 day war and Attached their neighbours

I think the Israeli Government are scumbags operating on par with terrorists. Their religion in no way influences my opinion.

Oh, I know you do. Your bias is easy to see.
    They are trying to eradicate them.

Defensive ? Look at history, they were the aggressor in the 6 day war and Attached their neighbours

Case in point. You see what you want to see. Israel is always the aggressor. And eradicate? Oh, the drama! However.... speaking of reality, if they really wanted to eradicate them, they've had the means to do so for decades, without letting it all drag out.

The difference between us is that I see neither Palestine or Israel as being innocent. They're all sunk hip deep in the the ****. They're both responsible for what has happened (along with their neighbors), and I see little point in pretending otherwise.

Oh, I know you do. Your bias is easy to see.

Well you need to get your eyes tested. My issue are with the government and their actions, their religion isn’t an issue.

Well you need to get your eyes tested. My issue are with the government and their actions, their religion isn’t an issue.

You seem to be the one who needs to get your eyes tested. Anywhere in my post where I claimed that their religion was an issue, or mentioned their religion at all?

Hilarious. So hellbent that you imagine things to complain about. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Apologies . I've been out of the loop for couple of days...and a couple of drinks down my neck..just recalling working in theatres in a large London hospital back in 80s ..boss Miss hhhh was a West Indian matron... effecient.. tough, even severe ....but fair as hell..just thinking that she'd have little truck with this BLM entitled nonsense...could be wrong..love to all

Advertisement