Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭TheFactMan

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Very much beaten by the cognitive dissonance between your username and your posts :rolleyes:

And you complain about strawman arguments then...laughable logic

Research sates that 93% of protests have been peaceful and that is despite police repeatedly caught on camera escalating situations and causing violence.

Unlike what you've made clear from your post, I'm actually against all violence, be it shooting of police or kneeling on necks

No amount of strawman research articles is going to convince me that the actions or inspired actions of blm are right the whole thing is a disgrace along with those that follow it.

Most racist movement on the face of the earth keep pretending tho you are fooling no one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I usually don't deal with people who are one dimensional in their thinking so for me foxtrol thats definitely a NO not interested in all that you spout on here,
    I'll mute you now as i don't want to get banned from the forum, there's a big bad world out there, open your mind and you might see that
    people who disagree with you MIGHT just MIGHT be talking sense..... i just feel so sad for your country as it was magnificent place now I'd rather a holiday in
    Ballybunion with the way things are going over there ... stay safe foxtrol

Thanks for the mute, I'm more than happy to engage with people I disagree with and have repeatedly accepted there are issues with elements of the BLM movement and denounced acts of violence and property damage. I however draw the line at those who openly admit to knowingly aligning themselves with those that believe in white supremacy, like you did.

The only person I've ever muted was one that admitted that they couldn't say the racist things they wanted to and that I had to 'read between the lines' of their dog whistle posts.

TheFactMan wrote: »
    No amount of strawman research articles is going to convince me that the actions or inspired actions of blm are right the whole thing is a disgrace along with those that follow it.

Most racist movement on the face of the earth keep pretending tho you are fooling no one.

WTF is a 'strawman research article'?

You claimed that the BLM movement only 'claimed to be peaceful' and I pointed you to research that shows 93% of the protests have been peaceful.

TheFactMan seems to much prefer his feelings over facts :rolleyes:

WTF is a 'strawman research article'?

You claimed that the BLM movement only 'claimed to be peaceful' and I pointed you to research that shows 93% of the protests have been peaceful.

TheFactMan seems to much prefer his feelings over facts :rolleyes:

Ugh another misguided white sjw ... What article is this I could do with a good laugh can you give me proof that exactly 93% of these "protests" are peaceful .

Go link me your article of concrete proof that 93% are peaceful.

Bottomline a disgusting movement backed by the delusional and the most racist in society the internet is awash with there followers attacking and harassing , only a couple of posts back laughing at cops shot dead.

Disgusting movement backed by disgusting delusional people . Im glad there kind will never get an ounce of meaningful power the world will be a better place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Is every post responding to me a straw man?

I have repeatedly said that victims of police brutality have contributed to the situation they found themselves in, however that doesn't excuse the police to choke/shoot/beat them.

Straw man. What's that? Is that where people go off on a tangent and give out about masks and social distancing and cops dying of COVID-19 when the thread is about BLM and WLM, neither of which have anything to do with COVID-19?

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Straw man. What's that? Is that where people go off on a tangent and give out about masks and social distancing and cops dying of COVID-19 when the thread is about BLM and WLM, neither of which have anything to do with COVID-19?

It seems to me they do this to reestablish there delusions and convince themselves they are right , it seems to be a trend .. every few posts they'll post a discrediting video of maga to just reconfirm they are the most righteous people on the planet ...

As if to say hey look at these few people ah Ha! Blm must be right !

BattleCorp wrote: »

The crowd was chanting All Lives Matter, which has come up repeatedly in this thread, as many with your mindset don't have the balls to go full WLM. It definitely has more relevance than the continued posting in this thread of random crimes by black people.

It also matters given the fact that most that shout ALM/WLM/Blue lives matter claim to care about the health of police officers but seemingly this group has no problem risking the spread of what has killed more cops than anything else this year.

Ugh another misguided white sjw ... What article is this I could do with a good laugh can you give me proof that exactly 93% of these "protests" are peaceful .

Bottomline a disgusting movement backed by the delusional and the most racist in society the internet is awash with there followers attacking and harassing , only a couple of posts back laughing at cops shot dead.

Disgusting movement backed by disgusting delusional people . Im glad there kind will never get an ounce of meaningful power the world will be a better place.

They assessed 7750 protests across the US (Link below).

But I'm sure you'll still find a way to twist how you 'feel' to be more accurate than actual research.

https://time.com/5886348/report-peaceful-protests/

The crowd was chanting All Lives Matter, which has come up repeatedly in this thread, as many with your mindset don't have the balls to go full WLM. It definitely has more relevance than the continued posting in this thread of random crimes by black people.

It also matters given the fact that most that shout ALM/WLM/Blue lives matter claim to care about the health of police officers but seemingly this group has no problem risking the spread of what has killed more cops than anything else this year.

So you complain about random videos of blm commiting crime but happily post random out of context maga vids ect...

You complain about mass gatherings being dangerous because of the on going covid.. but fully support mass blm gatherings...

Yeah clear to see what your angle is anyway white sjw are actually the worst and just shows what you say needs to be taken with a heavy grain of salt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I'd love to see the methodology behind this study. I said in another post awhile back that it's nearly impossible to quantify it accurately. Foxtrol, is a far greater mind than I, so I'm looking forward to seeing this study.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

TomTomTim wrote: »
    I'd love to see the methodology behind this study. I said in another post awhile back that it's nearly impossible to quantify it accurately. Foxtrol, is a far greater mind than I, so I'm looking forward to seeing this study.

Ya the exact 93% number actually made me laugh out loud ha be interesting to see the methods..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Ya the exact 93% number actually made me laugh out loud ha be interesting to see the methods..

I'm 7 pages in and I don't see any? I just makes the claim about 93%, without backing it up. I need to read further though.
    The vast majority of demonstration events associated with the BLM movement are non-violent
    (see map below). In more than 93% of all demonstrations connected to the movement,
    demonstrators have not engaged in violence or destructive activity. Peaceful protests are reported
    in over 2,400 distinct locations around the country. Violent demonstrations, meanwhile, have
    been limited to fewer than 220 locations — under 10% of the areas that experienced peaceful
    protests. In many urban areas like Portland, Oregon, for example, which has seen sustained unrest
    since Floyd’s killing, violent demonstrations are largely confined to specific blocks, rather than
    dispersed throughout the city (CNN, 1 September 2020).

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

I'm 7 pages in and I don't see any? I just makes the claim about 93%, without backing it up. I need to read further though.

I guess you just have to be willing to follow these "research/study" articles blindly..

It must be true if there's a study right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Another dipsh*t who was dropped on his head as a child charges a police officer wielding a knife, gets shot dead in his tracks. Im surprised their protests about this as he was Hispanic and not black. So are BLM now agreeing all lives matter or did they just want an excuse to be absolute deplorables

https://twitter.com/Holbornlolz/status/1305382993415081984

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I know right wing media ignores it but I'm surprised you aren't aware how right wing terrorists have been murdering quite a lot of people, that is despite how many of their plots are thankfully stopped or fail.

https://www.businessinsider.com/right-wing-extremists-kill-329-since-1994-antifa-killed-none-2020-7

One interesting figure that popped out was that "jihadist groups" were responsible for 95 peoples deaths since 2010. What about the thousands who did in the WTC? Oh wait CSIS is receiving funding from the UAE, so they better not include those unfortunate figures.

It's also notable that nobody here is supporting extremist far right groups, and that this study has little to do with the violence at BLM marches. So here we go again with you creating false equivalences in a vain effort to take the moral high ground.

Glazers Out!

So you complain about random videos of blm commiting crime but happily post random out of context maga vids ect...

What is out of context about being crammed into an indoor arena with few wearing masks shouting ALM?
    You complain about mass gatherings being dangerous because of the on going covid.. but fully support mass blm gatherings...

Another straw man. In my previous posts I admit that BLM aren't safe, however they are safer than the MAGA rally.

I agree, it is difficult to quantify but in this they made an attempt to scientifically achieve it.

It is much more accurate than 'Fox News tells me they are all violent so they are all violent'.

It is akin to the people that claim black people don't support BLM and then disagree at using polling data that disagrees with them.

°°°°°

It is much more accurate than 'Fox News tells me they are all violent so they are all violent'.

The problem for you is that nobody here has ever said that.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    One interesting figure that popped out was that "jihadist groups" were responsible for 95 peoples deaths since 2010. What about the thousands who did in the WTC? Oh wait CSIS is receiving funding from the UAE, so they better not include those unfortunate figures.

It's also notable that nobody here is supporting extremist far right groups, and that this study has little to do with the violence at BLM marches. So here we go again with you creating false equivalences in a vain effort to take the moral high ground.

So you aren't arguing that right wing supporters have been committing mass murders?

Right wing groups have been counter protesting and rioting against BLM protests so they are very much relevant here. The only reason it is a false equivalence is the fact the fact that right wing groups are far more dangerous and killed far more people than BLM or Antifa, though you wouldn't tell from how some folk are outraged or fearful of the far less dangerous groups.

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    The problem for you is that nobody here has ever said that.

So what is your evidence that most of the protests are not peaceful?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Thanks for the mute, I'm more than happy to engage with people I disagree with and have repeatedly accepted there are issues with elements of the BLM movement and denounced acts of violence and property damage. I however draw the line at those who openly admit to knowingly aligning themselves with those that believe in white supremacy, like you did.

The only person I've ever muted was one that admitted that they couldn't say the racist things they wanted to and that I had to 'read between the lines' of their dog whistle posts.

Exactly where did i align myself with white supremacy? Also foxtrol what i want to say to you isn't anything racist, i find you and ign#orant p#ick, typical american dumb f#ck, I'll be banned for this but to call we racist and a white supremacist now i see you for what you are, typical sjw that will not engage in debate but through out all the nonsense hyperbole that is you, I'm married to a person of colour, I'm f#cking livid here for you to accuse me of been racist and a white supremacist

Turns out the 'protest' people were pearl clutching about was 4 or 5 random lads and the misleading police tweet about it has been deleted.

Turns out the same account has been caught in another lie, claiming a reporter never stated that she was press when they arrested her when there is video of her wearing a press pass and repeatedly identifying herself as press.

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/status/1305368675902390272?s=20

Not surprised that I'm still waiting for someone to admit that they were totally fooled that there was some mass protest outside the hospital with chants about the police dying.

°°°°°

So you aren't arguing that right wing supporters have been committing mass murders?

Right wing groups have been counter protesting and rioting against BLM protests so they are very much relevant here. The only reason it is a false equivalence is the fact the fact that right wing groups are far more dangerous and killed far more people than BLM or Antifa, though you wouldn't tell from how some folk are outraged or fearful of the far less dangerous groups.

Nobody is supporting far right groups here. That's why it's a false equivalence.
    Stating that BLM is a violent and racist movement doesn't mean you support right wing groups by default.
    Just because right wing extremists are scum doesn't mean that BLM and Antifa are wonderful organisations that are beyond reproach.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Strawmen for thee but not for me.

°°°°°

So what is your evidence that most of the protests are not peaceful?

Countless media outlets and online sources.
    Not Fox news.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Nermal

These guys provide the data:

https://bridgingdivides.princeton.edu/

I think you can make your own mind up as to whether they could be described as disinterested.

In any case: is this fabled 93% supposed to be a positive statistic?

Would you be friends with someone who was violent to you nearly one in ten times you met him? Would you call him a 'peaceful' person?

Ludicrous.

Exactly where did i align myself with white supremacy? Also foxtrol what i want to say to you isn't anything racist, i find you and ign#orant p#ick, typical american dumb f#ck, I'll be banned for this but to call we racist and a white supremacist now i see you for what you are, typical sjw that will not engage in debate but through out all the nonsense hyperbole that is you, I'm married to a person of colour, I'm f#cking livid here for you to accuse me of been racist and a white supremacist

That mute button clearly isn't working too well... :rolleyes:

I never called you racist or a white supremacist.

You posted this:
    I'll say to you the majority of people here don't believe in white supremacy

You clearly admit to being fully aware that your views align with people that believe in white supremacy, they just not 'the majority'.

°°°°°

That mute button clearly isn't working too well... :rolleyes:

I never called you racist or a white supremacist.

You posted this:

You clearly admit to being fully aware that your views align with people that believe in white supremacy, they just not 'the majority'.

That has to be the most preposterous attempt to win an argument I've witnessed here in some time. You are literally twisting this person's words to suit your agenda, shame on you.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Not surprised that I'm still waiting for someone to admit that they were totally fooled that there was some mass protest outside the hospital with chants about the police dying.

You are a joke, im surprised you havent been banned yet from what i have been reading you just spew low key racist stuff and calling other users or anyone that disagrees with you a racist with impunity.

The funny thing is you're just the right kind of bigot in this climate, you hate cops, blame white people for stuff years ago... and are cheered on for it by the brain washed delusional SJW that are out there these days.

God help the world!

Advertisement