Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Why use the term 'majority' then? It was a refreshingly honest statement.

Point out one white supremacist on this thread then...

I'll wait patiently.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

nullzero wrote: »
    Ben Shapiro? Jewish American.

Candice Owens? African American.

Andy Ngo? Asian American.

You can't be jewish/asian/black and be right wing?? :confused:
    As for your video, it neatly side steps the racism of Democratic party members at the time of the Civil Rights Movement and paints racism as a purely Republican issue. Yet again the media we consume is relevant to the opinions we form and vice versa.

So you agree they are using the same tactics again against BLM?

°°°°°

You can't be jewish/asian/black and be right wing?? :confused:

So you agree they are using the same tactics again against BLM?

I just find it funny that those people aren't white(Shapiro is but he's also Jewish), and therefore engender more disgust from those opposed to them.

I don't agree that the same tactics are being used, because BLM actually IS violent. What happened in the 60s isn't relevant to this discussion and that video is less than honest in what it presents as fact.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

So you aren't arguing that right wing supporters have been committing mass murders?

Right wing groups have been counter protesting and rioting against BLM protests so they are very much relevant here. The only reason it is a false equivalence is the fact the fact that right wing groups are far more dangerous and killed far more people than BLM or Antifa, though you wouldn't tell from how some folk are outraged or fearful of the far less dangerous groups.

Spoken like a true modern day slacktivist. They sit at their computer screen, wearing their Che Guevara shirts [a false idol if there ever was one] throw up their Communist fist pumps, and "Viva la Revolucion." claiming that they want to bring a revolution and a civil war. And they're willing to die or go to prison for their beliefs. Until they are faced with that very prospect.

You picked a fight with a side that consists of ex-servicemen, police active military men and Men who actually learned how to fight [you know that toxic masculinity you lefties constantly cry about]You can't be surprised that they're better at war than war. For God's sake most of these people have been in actual warz zones while the closest most of you lefties have been to one is in Call of Duty or Battlefield of some other FPS. Yeah no **** it will be one sided one people get sick of your ****. You wanted a civil war. So you got one. Deal with it. Its like poking a bear and then wondering why it turned around and mauled you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

nullzero wrote: »
    I just find it funny that those people aren't white(Shapiro is but he's also Jewish), and therefore engender more disgust from those opposed to them.

I don't agree that the same tactics are being used, because BLM actually IS violent. What happened in the 60s isn't relevant to this discussion and that video is less than honest in what it presents as fact.

Amazing how you claim the civil rights movement isn't relevant to a discussion about the rights of black people are but I haven't seen you once pull up a poster on posting random crimes of black people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I was there when the Civil Rights movement was discussed in this thread, the last time a guy lost his mind when I quoted MLK's own words to him. WLM/ALM posters repeatedly have shown they have no idea what happened during the Civil Rights movement.

Actually a good short video was put out yesterday, showing how that the right are using the exact same tactics today against BLM as they did against the Civil Rights movement, calling them the exact same names

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1305250193194049539?s=20

I think one poster already more than adequately detailed why those comparing MLK with the blm are being little more than disingenuous ...
    The real difference is leadership and responsibility. MLK took responsibility for those who followed him, chastising those who engaged in violence, and asked everyone to work towards a better, more harmonious society. He represented higher values and ideals for all Black people to aspire to, during their fight for equality.

BLM activists have repeatedly called for the tearing/burning down of society. The destruction of social values, like the the nuclear family. While, everything obviously negative is passed off as an extreme minority, or shoved on to white supremacy.

BLM and MLK are nothing alike, except they [broadly] speaking want Black rights.... But personally, I suspect, MLK would be horrified at what's going on by BLM and what's been encouraged in their name. MLK wanted equality for all. BLM doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Tipperary animal lover - needless to say, don't post in the thread again.

I never called you racist or a white supremacist.
    I'll say to you the majority of people here don't believe in white supremacy

You clearly admit to being fully aware that your views align with people that believe in white supremacy, they just not 'the majority'.

Mod: Foxtrol - that's about as bad faith an argument I've seen here in quite a while and you're making up a narrative to suit your argument. Coupled with the needlessly antagonistic comments of 'boot licking' etc, please don't post in the thread again either.

°°°°°

Amazing how you claim the civil rights movement isn't relevant to a discussion about the rights of black people are but I haven't seen you once pull up a poster on posting random crimes of black people.

The Civil Rights movement was very much a righteous cause.

BLM is very much a violent racist movement. I very much wish African Americans had a better hand dealt to them, as a matter of fact I wish everyone had a better hand dealt to them but a movement that has a leadership calling for war on the police and engaging in reckless rioting looting and violence as well as racist diatribes against white people isn't a worthy one.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That's great news about the news channel. Any idea when it will be launched? Badly needed.

Early next year it seems.
    It will only be on for a few hours in the evening it seems and comprise of three key programmes, one being a satirical-style show.

https://www.thedrum.com/news/2020/09/10/news-uk-confirms-launch-fox-news-style-tv-channel
    They would have turned their backs on them years ago if it wasn't for their enabler-in-chief, Barack Obama, and maybe the 8 police officers that were murdered by those BLM influenced would be alive today.

Barack Obama's political genius is his ability to say things that will sound good to people who have not followed the issues in any detail — regardless of how obviously fraudulent what he says may be to those who have.
    Thomas Sowell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

gw80 wrote: »
    I see a similar situation last week on frankie Boyle's show "nwo" or some ****,
    Lots of talk about whiteness and how bad whitey is,
    They started talking about some of the slogans that blm chant like "kill all whites" this black girl was trying to explain what it means when she said" It doesn't mean "kill all whites" but then turned her head to her other black colleagues and said "it actually does" and they all had a right old laughter about it, even frankie Boyle and that nauseating Sarah pascoe were having a great laugh about it,

This is a Facebook posting, of an elementary school Principal , in a city about 10 miles north of Boston.
    Screen-Shot-2020-09-13-at-8.56.22-PM-1.png?resize=828%2C538&ssl=1https://tbdailynews.com/lynn-elementary-school-principal-shares-quote-telling-white-students-that-its-not-right-to-be-white/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭TheFactMan

This is a Facebook posting, of an elementary school Principal , in a city about 10 miles north of Boston.
    Screen-Shot-2020-09-13-at-8.56.22-PM-1.png?resize=828%2C538&ssl=1https://tbdailynews.com/lynn-elementary-school-principal-shares-quote-telling-white-students-that-its-not-right-to-be-white/

Yeah theyre great things to say to children that for the most part don't give a **** about color, it's adults that could learn from children rather than teaching them to hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,476 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Considering who Kendi is are we sure the irony of the statement isn’t the entire point

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

as a white person I have every right to think my white ass matters.

anyone who thinks otherwise and think white people dont matter are the true racists.

as a white person I have every right to think my white ass matters.

anyone who thinks otherwise and think white people dont matter are the true racists.

You really only need to look at who started the whole thing , who brought color into it, when you call something "Black lives matter" you really only have one agenda, it's divisive and designed to cause conflict by it's very nature.

It creates a them vs us mentality that can only lead to conflict... This voilence is all by design you cant even disagree with them without being racist, you have to go all in with blm hook line and sinker, especially if your in the public eye.

Imagine the headlines if you disagreed with a certain aspects of it ?? "John Doe is against Black lives matter!!" Ect.

It's pretty obvious where the real racism is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

TheFactMan wrote: »

Imagine the headlines if you disagreed with a certain aspects of it ?? "John Doe is against Black lives matter!!" Ect.

It's pretty obvious where the real racism is.

Too many people today act as if no one can honestly disagree with them.
    If you have a difference of opinion with them, you are considered to be not merely in error but in sin.
    You are a racist, a homophobe or whatever the villain of the day happens to be.

Overheal wrote: »
    Considering who Kendi is are we sure the irony of the statement isn’t the entire point

I suppose it depends which point in Kendi's career you are referring to.

He previously posited the idea that white people were literal aliens later scaling that down to the belief that they were “simply a different breed of human.”...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

George Floyd. A man of many talents. A snitch!

Eh01IVhWsAIuvkk?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

This scumbag has no business being in the school system. Parents really need to vet the teachers and principals of any school that they intend to send their children too.

George Floyd. A man of many talents. A snitch!

Who honestly cares and what does it have to do with his brutal killing at the hands of police?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Ahh come on, you don't believe that and you wouldn't excuse it as such from anyone else.

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    Ahh come on, you don't believe that and you wouldn't excuse it as such from anyone else.

Believe what? He was killed and it was police brutality. What's hard for you to believe about that? I fail to see what Floyds prior cooperation with an investigation has to do with the thread.

Who honestly cares and what does it have to do with his brutal killing at the hands of police?

It was the actions of a single person, and that cop , who I shall remind you is innocent until proven guilty, as that is called THE LAW, does not represent all police officers, as we all know the majority of black people killed by the police are not killed by white officers, but are in fact killed by black and hispanic officers.

As for Floyd, I wont shed a tear for a drug dealing, drug using, thief and ex con dying, regardless of his color

The world is a better place without his kind (criminals) in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    This scumbag has no business being in the school system. Parents really need to vet the teachers and principals of any school that they intend to send their children too.

No place at all. Somewhere, there is the manager of that principal, sat somewhere with his head in his hands going “ fück, that principal should be suspended , a full and thorough investigation initiated and the likelihood is the principal is correctly terminated, sacked. “

But, such is the clever hold that BLM have over individuals, many of their ilk backing their views and actions as can be seen here... a BLM head could walk into the GPO tomorrow, attempt to set fire to it and you’d have some people backing his view that he was doing it in protest that there should be 50% of the GPO staff black...and there aren’t.

Ireland doesn’t have any obligation to provide black people with a 50/50 landscape in which to live their lives... I can’t pitch up in Nairobi tomorrow and start shouting that the public service of Kenya should be 50/50, white/black... if I tried that there would be several heart attacks in the offing, brought on by laughter.

Ireland is a country where predominantly the people, population are white Europeans. If you want to and can come here to live, work, just be happy , that you are living in freedom, that should you wish to apply for a job, each application will ensure that you have an EQUAL and fair chance of getting hired, but never a greater chance.

That’s fair, that’s equal, that’s how it’s to be.

It was the actions of a single person, and that cop , who I shall remind you is innocent until proven guilty, as that is called THE LAW, does not represent all police officers, as we all know the majority of black people killed by the police are not killed by white officers, but are in fact killed by black and hispanic officers.

As for Floyd, I wont shed a tear for a drug dealing, drug using, thief and ex con dying, regardless of his color

The world is a better place without his kind (criminals) in my opinion.

While his community, especially women in Minneapolis are safer now that Floyd is dead, it isn't down to the police, his family cannot assign blame or society thanks.

He was a drug addict and due to his ill health, the strain of resisting arrest and crucially the drug level in his system he went in to respiratory failure.

Yet you and others seem incredibly eager to condemn tens of millions of protesters for the actions of a handful of rioters.

The "law" as it stands is broken with regard to Qualified Immunity. Take in this example where the Judge categorically agreed that what the police did in this instance was criminal - it violated the law. But, because there was at the time of the Qualified Immunity SCOTUS ruling, no standing case law on the books of officers being criminally convicted for perpetrating almost the exact same crime, QI means that these officers get to be career criminals under the "law."

https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/georgia-cops-executed-no-knock-raid-on-the-wrong-house-and-a-78-year-old-man-a-judge-said-they-cant-be-sued/?fbclid=IwAR3PM4Zo1C2ECKHjDW8Zpn3kUe9tmEfEmGfcSvzWN9jiYLsbE8uS82iasv4

So I don't take much stock in the appeal to authority fallacy in play here.

Yet you and others seem incredibly eager to condemn tens of millions of protesters for the actions of a handful of rioters.

show me where I have condemned peaceful protesters ?

Time you well pulled up on your lies

Believe what? He was killed and it was police brutality. What's hard for you to believe about that? I fail to see what Floyds prior cooperation with an investigation has to do with the thread.

I think the poster was referring to the Kendri quote not Floyd ...

gozunda wrote: »
    I think the poster was referring to the Kendri quote not Floyd ...

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Qualified immunity should be done away with, cops cant have free will to do anything they want, but its the tarring of all cops and attacks on cops like in la at the weekend which are fueled by this media driven assault that all black people are treated badly by all cops is the problem i have.

• Advertisement

Brutal killing ? You mean like the two cops that were executed for no reason by a black guy clearly inspired by BLM and there current "us vs the police " movement.

Gf was accidentally killed imo it d be an awful elaborate way to go about killing him if that's what they were intentionally setting out to do.

Where's your outrage for those two poor cops that were murdered in cold blood for no reason other than being cops ?

Advertisement