Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,476 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

show me where I have condemned peaceful protesters ?

Time you well pulled up on your lies

You've not disparaged this movement over the actions of a handful of individuals?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭TheFactMan

95% of the blm protests have beenpeacefyl

It's gone up 2% in the last few hours foxtrol had 93% peaceful protests ....

gozunda wrote: »
    I think the poster was referring to the Kendri quote not Floyd ...

You're right, sorry, I didn't even read my own block of quote he was reacting to.

My position on that is in consideration that he is, "an American author, historian, and scholar of race and discriminatory policy in America.[2][3][4] In July 2020, he assumed the position of director of the Center for Antiracist Research at Boston University. His work in Boston is a continuation of his work at the Antiracist Research and Policy Center at the American University.[5]"

I supremely doubt he would hold such a lofty position if these were genuinely held beliefs not said by manner of provocative irony.

Whether the principle interprets it that way is another matter entirely. No opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Overheal wrote: »
    You've not disparaged this movement over the actions of a handful of individuals?

This movement has disgraced itself by not only tolerating the violence some have engaged in, but openly encouraging it to escalate.

This is some rock to choose to perish on.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    This movement has disgraced itself by not only tolerating the violence some have engaged in, but openly encouraging it to escalate.

The exact same can be said for "Law and Order"

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Pardon.

Could you elaborate please?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Pardon.

I think he's saying that lots cops are openly calling for looting, burning and killing and reparations like many BLM leaders are calling for. Am I rite?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

As mentioned earlier about another BLM saint, who charged a cop with a knife and was shot dead, in Lancaster Phili. It turns out the year before he had stabbed four people, including a teenager.

Eh5mXA5UcAAgTo3?format=png&name=small

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

show me where I have condemned peaceful protesters.

Are you unable to back up your claim because you were caught in a lie ?

°°°°°

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I think he's saying that lots cops are openly calling for looting, burning and killing and reparations like many BLM leaders are calling for. Am I rite?

If he is it's waffle (stands back in amazement). Maybe it's the TV show he's on about.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

As mentioned earlier about another BLM saint, who charged a cop with a knife and was shot dead, in Lancaster Phili. It turns out the year before he had stabbed four people, including a teenager.

Eh5mXA5UcAAgTo3?format=png&name=small

His stabbing days are done. Good job the cops were armed or else they would have been stabbed. I wonder how an unarmed social worker would have gotten on there instead of the cops?

You litterally just distort the truth and you have no more interest in the actual truth or genuine change.. you push false narratives or manipulated versions of the current narrative.

There is a reason no one here agrees with you and there is a mountain of evidence to suggest what you are saying is nonsensical and largely not true as multiple posters on here have pointed out... Your only retort seems to be to point to any recent event to distract when you get called out.

I actually think you don't even care about blm you just want to be seen fighting the good fight for self gain.

Pardon.

Seriously?

Not only have police and Blue Lives sympathizers tolerated police killings but actively support it, even in this thread, saying things like "got what he deserved" "one less scumbag" etc. and quite a few comments that go farther, looking to violently "put down" protesters, etc.

And the law, meanwhile, grants immunity to police to engage in criminal behavior, so long as predating Pierson v Ray whatever criminal activity they were engaged in had not already come before a court in the past that convicted police of doing the exact same thing.

And best of all, armed vigilantes who engage in violence are fist bumped, thanked, given water, etc. by police

https://theintercept.com/2020/06/19/militia-vigilantes-police-brutality-protests/

even as they carry out murders

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/29/fact-check-video-police-thanked-kyle-rittenhouse-gave-him-water/5661804002/

Don't play coy.

show me where I have condemned peaceful protesters.

Are you unable to back up your claim because you were caught in a lie ?

Again, you've disparaged the movement based on the actions of a few.

The irony of you trying to 'cancel me' by labeling me a 'liar' for calling you out on what you've been saying :rolleyes:

The irony of you trying to 'cancel me' by labeling me a 'liar' for calling you out on what you've been saying :rolleyes:

Over 10,000 have been arrested. Many more have done stuff and gotten away with it.

So not quite the actions of a few.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

This is why Joe Biden will lose the election in a few weeks time. He supports the people who ruined this man's place of business.

https://twitter.com/ElijahSchaffer/status/1303688769061748738

His crime, seemingly being a white man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Stop the deflection. BLM and Antifa are both thuggish organisations that bring no good to society.

Over 10,000 have been arrested. Many more have done stuff and gotten away with it.

So not quite the actions of a few.

10,000 of tens of millions.

There are less than 1M cops in the US and yet kill 1,000 per year.

So, taking 10M protesters, 10k arrests, vs. 1M cops and 1k killings, what are you trying to say other than at most, they're as bad as each other?

https://static.prisonpolicy.org/images/policekillings_total.webp

Except you know, there haven't been 10,000 killings at these protests and arrests range from 'disrespecting an officer,' violating curfew, up to looting and murder.

Stop the deflection. BLM and Antifa are both thuggish organisations that bring no good to society.

Now that's deflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

So, taking 10M protesters, 10k arrests, vs. 1M cops and 1k killings, what are you trying to say other than at most, they're as bad as each other?

https://static.prisonpolicy.org/images/policekillings_total.webp

Except you know, there haven't been 10,000 killings at these protests and arrests range from 'disrespecting an officer,' violating curfew, up to looting and murder.

you do know statistically speaking cops are more likely to be killed in the line of duty than a black person or any person by cops.

• Advertisement

This is why Joe Biden will lose the election in a few weeks time. He supports the people who ruined this man's place of business.

His crime, seemingly being a white man.

While I feel sorry for him losing his business through the actions of BLM criminals, he is losing a lot of my respect by using his loss to deliver a party political broadcast on behalf of Trump.

I'm no Trump fan or a Biden fan but what happened to him happened on Trump's watch. And he says Biden won't be able to stop that crap.

Dude, fcuk off.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    you do know statistically speaking cops are more likely to be killed in the line of duty than a black person by cops.

I did the math on that earlier in the thread: they're almost as likely to be struck by lightning than killed in the line of duty. More likely when you account for PT officers. If you can demonstrate that a black suspect is more likely to be struck by lightning than killed by police I'm all ears.

Many of the cop killings are lawful and justified. In fact the vast vast majority of them are lawful and justified. But you won't accept that.

How many lootings and burnings were lawful and justified?

Your entire movement is based on disparaging the few ?

I did the math on that earlier in the thread: they're almost as likely to be struck by lightning than killed in the line of duty. More likely when you account for PT officers. If you can demonstrate that a black suspect is more likely to be struck by lightning than killed by police I'm all ears.

What a pile of sh1te.

89 cops killed in the line of duty in 2019.

Can you let me know how many cops were killed by lightening in 2019? I'll help you out. In total it was 20 people. What's the chances of them all being cops? Even if they were all cops, 20 isn't almost as many as 89.

So toddle along now and peddle your crap elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

I did the math on that earlier in the thread: they're more likely to be struck by lightning than killed in the line of duty. If you can demonstrate that a black suspect is more likely to be struck by lightning than killed by police I'm all ears.

and as i pointed out a black person odds is even higher of being killed by cops than your analogy of cops being struck by lightning than being killed in the line of duty. Essentially cops are more likely to die than in the line of duty than a black person is to be killed by cops, at least we can agree on that.

Many of the cop killings are lawful and justified. In fact the vast vast majority of them are lawful and justified. But you won't accept that.

How many lootings and burnings were lawful and justified?

How many are actually done by supporters of the movement?

Again, the problem with saying that police killings are "lawful and justified" is Qualified Immunity. In most cases, the killings don't even get a trial because of QI, if the merits of the case don't pass QI there is no trial. So to me, with respect, you may as well be talking to a wall when you make this point, it's as good to say it's legal and justified as it was to bring up the fact that the Holocaust was legal and carried out with justifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The only difference between BLM and the Black Panthers is that BLM have a more marketing friendly name.

What a pile of sh1te.

89 cops killed in the line of duty in 2019.

Can you let me know how many cops were killed by lightening in 2019? I'll help you out. In total it was 20 people. What's the chances of them all being cops? Even if they were all cops, 20 isn't almost as many as 89.

So toddle along now and peddle your crap elsewhere.

The odds of being struck by lightning remain 1 in 700k afaik and my figures from the FBI are still correct. If you want to add all this superfluous toddler stuff though be my guest, just FYI I don't take any heed of it, you get upset at facts and statistics at your own risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The only difference between BLM and the Black Panthers is that BLM have a more marketing friendly name.

The Black Panthers were nearly all black. BLM protestors are nearly all white.

Advertisement