Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭TheFactMan

Overheal wrote: »
    Yes, in fact, the law sanctions them to kill and gives them special privileges and immunities in this regard.

Not in the manipulative way you are suggesting it does.

Are you incapable of telling the truth ?

You know we'll what you are saying is out of context and lies you fool no one

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

mynamejeff wrote: »
    I looked at your site ,
    its a tool to endanger police . your agenda is going to get a lot more innocent people killed but that seems to be the point ,

attack those you might stand up to you , same as gemma

Sorry but police aren't victims here. They are documented here propagating hate speech. As public officers what they say in the public domain is of the public interest. Show me a database of home addresses for cops just doing there jobs and you'll have sold me on the idea that it's a tool to endanger police, but until then..

You should reread what I said and what you said, which I was responding to. However you slice it, Police being legally sanctioned killers is not the same statement as "officers are out murdering black people for no reason," which was the version you put in my mouth, which I corrected you on.

I've exposed you now you lie and manipulate the truth to push a false narrative ..

That's game set and match

mynamejeff wrote: »
    do you think every one of the looters and criminals were arrested ? whit the cops are binge shot and petrol bombed ,

disingenuous in the extreme ,

Considering a large portion of those arrests were later dropped, were curfew violations, 'disrespecting an officer' etc. I'm happy to discount those arrests and count the unarrested rioters, so much so that we could convene to say that 10k rioters have been present, though personally I think it's a bit lower even than that, as we saw hundreds at a time arrested for simple violation of curfew and not violence and havent commensurately seen 100s at a time lighting things on fire etc.

TheFactMan wrote: »
    I've exposed you now you lie and manipulate the truth to push a false narrative ..

That's game set and match

There's no manipulation, I directly quoted you. Have we met?

• Advertisement

Not in the manipulative way you are suggesting it does.

I haven't implied anything. I say what I say. It is only you implying anything different, such as your misconception that somehow I said that police are out just murdering blacks for no reason. I never said that, have clarified that, yet there is still a failure on your end to understand that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

White BLM and their one black friend. Can you find him?

tmp-cam-2160270525725278432.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Foxtrol wrote: »
    The main 'useful idiots' are those that consume right wing media.

A thousand times this. They're part of a business model and are blissfully unaware of it. They've been fed their latest outrage from an algorithm that earns from their clicks.

They're offered fuck all but more-and-more enemies while the world burns, literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

As has been observed in this thread, tens of millions of protesters, yet only 10k arrests would mean far less than 5% actually.

Are you still making up statistics up out of your head. Is there lightning involved in this scenario as well? :pac:

The poster to who I replied claimed:
    95% of the blm protests have beenpeacefyl

Ignoring the dodgy spelling - it would appear the poster is referring to recent media reports of a study (which used mainstream media reports of protests) looking at blm protests and violence.

You evidently missed or ignored the previous posts on how that headline does not stand up to even the most basic scrutiny and is certainly not an accurate account of the studies findings.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114610272&postcount=5264

So the answer is no - "95% of protests" have not been shown to be peaceful ...

I haven't implied anything. I say what I say. It is only you implying anything different, such as your misconception that somehow I said that police are out just murdering blacks for no reason. I never said that, have clarified that, yet there is still a failure on your end to understand that.

You said they are killers ect have post repeated out of context videos and statistics of police killing black people also out of context are you honestly expecting us to believe that you are posting this stuff as like a "fun facts" or random knowledge and you aren't pushing a narrative .

The fact you think people can't see thru ur nonsense.. you need to grow up and stop spreading false hateful stuff .. you are just another sjw tryna virtue signal and it's sad.

Have you noticed 90% of the thread completely disagrees with you ? Why do you think that is ? Lemme guess you ll just ignore that part cause it's awkward for you.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    White BLM and their one black friend. Can you find him?

tmp-cam-2160270525725278432.jpg

I don't frankly see the issue with other races dignifying black lives?

Have you noticed 90% of the thread completely disagrees with you ? Why do you think that is ? Lemme guess you ll just ignore that part cause it's awkward for you.

That there would be argumentum ad populum, a logical fallacy. 99.99% of the people in the thread could disagree with me, and it would still be an immaterial point. As to why that is, I suspect a lot of that is from Irish posters looking across the Atlantic through lenses of confirmation bias. Whereas, I actually live here in the US, and see and experience quite a lot more, including direct interaction with white americans, black americans, racists, progressives, conservatives, republicans, democrats, and yes, even police officers, sheriffs, highway patrol, DNR agents, etc. etc. etc. so I'm not the least bit surprised my viewpoint would potentially be an outlier on such a controversial topic. Certainly there could be other Americans or people living here and have their own unique experiences and takes too. It's a big country with many different regions, subcultures, and legal jurisdictions.

That there would be argumentum ad populum, a logical fallacy. 99.99% of the people in the thread could disagree with me, and it would still be an immaterial point. As to why that is, I suspect a lot of that is from Irish posters looking across the Atlantic through lenses of confirmation bias. Whereas, I actually live here in the US, and see and experience quite a lot more, including direct interaction with white americans, black americans, racists, progressives, conservatives, republicans, democrats, and yes, even police officers, sheriffs, highway patrol, DNR agents, etc. etc. etc. so I'm not the least bit surprised my viewpoint would potentially be an outlier on such a controversial topic. Certainly there could be other Americans or people living here and have their own unique experiences and takes too. It's a big country with many different regions, subcultures, and legal jurisdictions.

You are wrong and your views are incredibly ignorant and dangerous, you deliberately paint the police as killers..you know what your doing when you word it that way aswell ... You come across as an extremely toxic self absorbed person with no regard for the damage the stuff you spew causes others.

So long as you are seen fighting the good fight eh..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    This scumbag has no business being in the school system. Parents really need to vet the teachers and principals of any school that they intend to send their children too.

The problem is that most Teachers, don’t see themselves as ‘Teachers’ but as activists.
    This is what the MTA, Massachusetts Teachers Association, saying.

https://tbdailynews.com/mta-sends-all-massachusetts-teachers-email-addressed-to-white-educators-urging-teachers-to-support-a-rapist-protest-police-says-behaving-is-part-of-white-culture/

Again you seem clearly disinterested in evidence that violates the idea that police propagate and support violence against protests, which I have provided. I've answered your question several times yet you persist to plead for special goalposts. I've nothing further to add for you, as doing so proves to have been a waste of my time.
    The officers in question literally in fact radioed Central (ie. officials in leadership position) for advice on how to respond to protest activity. Central advised they run them over and shoot the mother****ers. I don't know what else you want but now you're just gilding up a very special goalpost.

You seem to be investing a helluva a lot of certainty and moral high ground in arguing with other posters here on these stories from two rather odd sources

The first "The Source" is the (and I quote) "The Magazine of Hip Hop Music,Culture and Politics"

The second is HNHH (Hot New Hip Hopatest) "News" on HotNewHipHop(?)

Ahem leaving that aside - and taking the first article - the veracity of the information comes with the following warning:

(From your first link above)
    According to the report from TMZ, the audio did come from a police radio, but NYPD officials said several radios have gone missing since the riots, so there is a chance those radio calls did not come from the actual police.

(*TMZ is a "celebrity and entertainment news site" btw).

The articles both date from 3 June and yet there appears to be little follow up on these stories - that odd no?

Now we could argue back and forth all night- that you know this story is true because - you heard the evidence literally in fact with your own ears - from your mothers cousin - friend - sister in laws uncle.

But as is - it appears the above story needs to be taken with some small amount of caution and just possibly a large bucket of salt ....

gozunda wrote: »
    You seem to be investing a helluva a lot of certainty and moral high ground in arguing with other posters here on these stories from two rather odd sources

The first "The Source" is the (and I quote) "The Magazine of Hip Hop Music,Culture and Politics"

The second is HNHH (Hot New Hip Hopatest) "News" on HotNewHipHop(?)

Ahem leaving that aside - and taking the first article - the veracity of the information comes with the following warning:

And that is yet another logical fallacy: argumentum ad hominem.

Despite the websites/twitter accounts I linked to hosting the audio, the primary evidence is the same (the audio) and can be cross-checked as an exercise for the reader to verify that I simply haven't posted some fake news, which I assure you I have not, the audio recording is genuine and from the NYPD radio dispatch.

And that is yet another logical fallacy: argumentum ad hominem. Despite the websites/twitter accounts I linked to hosting the audio, the primary evidence is the same (the audio) and can be cross-checked as an exercise for the reader to verify that I simply haven't posted some fake news, which I assure you I have not, the audio recording is genuine and from the NYPD radio dispatch.

Nope and Incorrect.

As I said leaving the sources aside. The article itself comes with the very clear warning of caution which you blithely ignored. Viz.
    According to the report from TMZ, the audio did come from a police radio, but NYPD officials said several radios have gone missing since the riots, so there is a chance those radio calls did not come from the actual police.

Or is it that you are only interested in the part of the story which suports your own evidential bias?

Nope and Incorrect.

As I said leaving the sources aside. The article itself comes with the very clear warning of caution which you blithely ignored. Viz.

Or is it that you are only interested in the part of the story which suports your own evidential bias?

Sounds like a convenient post-event excuse for why your officers were ordered to run over and shoot the mother****ers.

As though NYPD has a history of suddenly losing radios. Try grabbing anything off a police officer and see what happens. Calling bull**** on that sorry.

Sounds like a convenient post-event excuse for why your officers were ordered to run over and shoot the mother****ers.
    As though NYPD has a history of suddenly losing radios. Try grabbing anything off a police officer and see what happens. Calling bull**** on that sorry.

"My Officers"?????

I can categorically confirm I am not nor ever have been Chief of Police for the NYPD

So you are calling "bull****" on your own story?

Fair enough :D

Danzy wrote: »
    While his community, especially women in Minneapolis are safer now that Floyd is dead, it isn't down to the police, his family cannot assign blame or society thanks.

He was a drug addict and due to his ill health, the strain of resisting arrest and crucially the drug level in his system he went in to respiratory failure.

Kneeling on someone’s neck is probably not fatal.
    This toddler is still alive, after a grown man kneed its neck.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/photo-appears-show-black-lives-matter-supporters-holding-kneeling-neck-white-baby/

• Advertisement

"My Officers"?????
    Yes I'm directly referring to the NYPD and their excuse, not you. Felt that would have been obvious.

Kneeling on someone’s neck is probably not fatal.
    This toddler is still alive, after a grown man kneed its neck.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/photo-appears-show-black-lives-matter-supporters-holding-kneeling-neck-white-baby/

Did he do it for 8 minutes with actual intent to cut off air or blood flow?

Yes I'm directly referring to the NYPD and their excuse, not you. Felt that would have been obvious.

No you said "your officers". No not "my" officers ...
    From previous...
    overheal wrote:
    As though NYPD has a history of suddenly losing radios. Try grabbing anything off a police officer and see what happens. 

Sticking with the music theme and on the topic of stolen NYPD radios

https://www.nme.com/news/music/protesters-steal-nypd-radios-to-play-judas-priests-breaking-the-law-2682962
    Protesters steal NYPD radios to play Judas Priest’s ‘Breaking The Law’

Protesters have reportedly been taking police radios for three straight nights

It comes a few days after Anonymous hacked into the Chicago Police Department’s radios and played NWA‘s ‘**** Tha Police’ down the line.

Nice ...

You're right, sorry, I didn't even read my own block of quote he was reacting to.

My position on that is in consideration that he is, "an American author, historian, and scholar of race and discriminatory policy in America.[2][3][4] In July 2020, he assumed the position of director of the Center for Antiracist Research at Boston University. His work in Boston is a continuation of his work at the Antiracist Research and Policy Center at the American University.[5]"

I supremely doubt he would hold such a lofty position if these were genuinely held beliefs not said by manner of provocative irony.

Whether the principle interprets it that way is another matter entirely. No opinion.
    BU has a history of hiring Racists.

Saida Grundy, who starts in July as an assistant professor of sociology and African American Studies, has sent out several racially charged tweets in recent months, including calling “white college males” a “problem population,” declaring “white masculinity is THE problem for America’s colleges.” Other tweets stated “Deal with your white (expletive), white people. slavery is a *YALL* thing,” and “Every MLK week I commit myself to not spending a dime in white-owned businesses. And every year I find it nearly impossible.”

https://www.bostonherald.com/2015/05/11/new-boston-university-professors-tweets-spark-racial-furor/

And she is a bit Fcuked in the head.
    https://www.bostonherald.com/2015/05/22/heslam-incoming-bu-prof-set-up-sex-profile-for-rival/

BU has a history of hiring Racists.

Saida Grundy, who starts in July as an assistant professor of sociology and African American Studies, has sent out several racially charged tweets in recent months, including calling “white college males” a “problem population,” declaring “white masculinity is THE problem for America’s colleges.” Other tweets stated “Deal with your white (expletive), white people. slavery is a *YALL* thing,” and “Every MLK week I commit myself to not spending a dime in white-owned businesses. And every year I find it nearly impossible.”

https://www.bostonherald.com/2015/05/11/new-boston-university-professors-tweets-spark-racial-furor/

And she is a bit Fcuked in the head.
    https://www.bostonherald.com/2015/05/22/heslam-incoming-bu-prof-set-up-sex-profile-for-rival/

You’d had me if she was also going to be heading Antiracist research :)

Clearly several people assume I have some uncanny sinister agenda on here, as I said that’s bunk but to allay that fear let me throw this out here: this behavior is reprehensible. Normally, that should go without saying, but given the vibe in the room here, clearly it needs to be said or your an anarchist or something.

https://twitter.com/mediaite/status/1305533705528717314?s=21

You’d had me if she was also going to be heading Antiracist research :)

You might wish to delve a bit further into some of those who are involved in "Antiracist" reseach and the definitions being used.

Kendi defines a racist as anyone who supports “a racist policy through their actions or inaction.” and that "there is no such thing as a not-racist idea"

Interestingly enough that harks to the current blm chant that "white silence is violence" generally used to harass and intimidate those not protesting or god forbid even having a coffee whilst protesters 'protest" ...

Further reading here:

https://www.city-journal.org/how-to-be-an-antiracist

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

A thousand times this. They're part of a business model and are blissfully unaware of it. They've been fed their latest outrage from an algorithm that earns from their clicks.

They're offered fuck all but more-and-more enemies while the world burns, literally.

In fairness, that business model so to speak also exists on the left, there are plenty of Left-wing grifters out there who make their money from outrage culture, Political correctness and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The only thing I see coming from the US is this.
    Supremacy.
    American Supremacy.

Americans are always quick to tell you that their system, way of life, ideas, ideology and so on is the best no matter what. Their views on race relations for example is a good example of this, even though race relations in America is not really all that great, so why should the world be copying them?
    No idea to be honest but hey BLM or something, as if the rest of the world is South Chicago or Baltimore.

Americans are generally in my experience extremists, either on the right or left, there is little middle ground or nuance. They are also an extremely paranoid people as well. And yes, I have lived there too for a long long time in the 90's and 00's. I know the country well and what they are doing to themselves is quite sad, but really I am not surprised.

The main common factor you see from Americans from the left or right is that their view is correct and the rest of the world best adapt their stance because of something something freedom, leader of the free world etc...

• Advertisement

You're right, sorry, I didn't even read my own block of quote he was reacting to.

My position on that is in consideration that he is, "an American author, historian, and scholar of race and discriminatory policy in America.[2][3][4] In July 2020, he assumed the position of director of the Center for Antiracist Research at Boston University. His work in Boston is a continuation of his work at the Antiracist Research and Policy Center at the American University.[5]"

I supremely doubt he would hold such a lofty position if these were genuinely held beliefs not said by manner of provocative irony.

Whether the principle interprets it that way is another matter entirely. No opinion.

Ef6twAyXsAEFuEl.jpeg?resize=979%2C529&ssl=1

Discrimination against white people is OK as long as it’s creating “equity.” Equity is a top 10 buzzword for SJWs these days. Equality is out, equity is in. That’s because equality already exists. There are no laws that deny American citizens their rights based on the color of their skin. But yet people of color on average make less money, are less educated, commit crimes at much higher rates, and thus do not have “equity.” So people like Kendi moved the goal posts and said that America is racist because although we have legal equality, we don’t have equity. Therefore it’s OK to racially discriminate against white people in order to achieve “equity.”
    Think of how this line of thinking could affect her actions as a principal. A white student and a black student commit the same offense. By her logic she must punish the white student more than she would the black student in order to achieve “equity,” because students of color are suspended at higher rates due to the fact that they break school rules at higher rates. Someone who thinks like this has no business being in charge of children.

Advertisement