Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Many of the cop killings are lawful and justified. In fact the vast vast majority of them are lawful and justified. But you won't accept that.

How many lootings and burnings were lawful and justified?

Most of the protests are not ‘lawful’ since the bLM mobs aren’t the type, to have a permit to take over the streets.

Danzy wrote: »
    The Black Panthers were nearly all black. BLM protestors are nearly all white.

Not only white, with many of them also from middle class or upper middle class white.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

markodaly wrote: »
    The only thing I see coming from the US is this.
    Supremacy.
    American Supremacy.

Americans are always quick to tell you that their system, way of life, ideas, ideology and so on is the best no matter what. Their views on race relations for example is a good example of this, even though race relations in America is not really all that great, so why should the world be copying them?
    No idea to be honest but hey BLM or something, as if the rest of the world is South Chicago or Baltimore.

Americans are generally in my experience extremists, either on the right or left, there is little middle ground or nuance. They are also an extremely paranoid people as well. And yes, I have lived there too for a long long time in the 90's and 00's. I know the country well and what they are doing to themselves is quite sad, but really I am not surprised.

The main common factor you see from Americans from the left or right is that their view is correct and the rest of the world best adapt their stance because of something something freedom, leader of the free world etc...

Ah it sounds like you've run into some American Exceptionalists. Sean Hannity is a standard bearer for that mentality. It is often very misplaced, and even many Americans recognize that.

[IMG]https://i2.wp.com/turtleboysports.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Ef6twAyXsAEFuEl.jpeg?resize=979,529&ssl=1 Discrimination against white people is OK as long as it’s creating “equity.” Equity is a top 10 buzzword for SJWs these days. Equality is out, equity is in. That’s because equality already exists. There are no laws that deny American citizens their rights based on the color of their skin. But yet people of color on average make less money, are less educated, commit crimes at much higher rates, and thus do not have “equity.” So people like Kendi moved the goal posts and said that America is racist because although we have legal equality, we don’t have equity. Therefore it’s OK to racially discriminate against white people in order to achieve “equity.” Think of how this line of thinking could affect her actions as a principal. A white student and a black student commit the same offense. By her logic she must punish the white student more than she would the black student in order to achieve “equity,” because students of color are suspended at higher rates due to the fact that they break school rules at higher rates. Someone who thinks like this has no business being in charge of children.[/img]

Okay that's clicking with me now. He's a bit of a nut. I get why he's that nut, but it's for me a 2 wrongs making a right fallacy.

biko wrote: »
    White BLM and their one black friend. Can you find him?

tmp-cam-2160270525725278432.jpg

Notice how most of the crowed is white female.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    That there would be argumentum ad populum, a logical fallacy. 99.99% of the people in the thread could disagree with me, and it would still be an immaterial point. As to why that is, I suspect a lot of that is from Irish posters looking across the Atlantic through lenses of confirmation bias. Whereas, I actually live here in the US, and see and experience quite a lot more, including direct interaction with white americans, black americans, racists, progressives, conservatives, republicans, democrats, and yes, even police officers, sheriffs, highway patrol, DNR agents, etc. etc. etc. so I'm not the least bit surprised my viewpoint would potentially be an outlier on such a controversial topic. Certainly there could be other Americans or people living here and have their own unique experiences and takes too. It's a big country with many different regions, subcultures, and legal jurisdictions.

I live in the US also, but didn't spend all my time living and socializing in a Lilly white neighborhood.

Did he do it for 8 minutes with actual intent to cut off air or blood flow?

now you are being funny, not in a good sense.

You’d had me if she was also going to be heading Antiracist research :)
    I think she is qualified to be head of the ‘anti-racist’ dept, since she practices racism herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Sounds like a convenient post-event excuse for why your officers were ordered to run over and shoot the mother****ers.

As though NYPD has a history of suddenly losing radios. Try grabbing anything off a police officer and see what happens. Calling bull**** on that sorry.

Funny how you are still pushing this story when you originally raised it as a supposed answer to a question put to you about 20 pages ago when you claimed that police leadership were inciting violence against protesters in the same manner BLM leaders have been calling for violence against police.

Page after page of supposed righteous indignation against anyone with a contrary opinion to yours, just enough to Bury the section of the thread where your inability to debate in good faith and indulge in childish ad hominem (jewel encrusted goalposts anyone?) can be forgotten.

In your 100 plus posts last night about this topic you have still failed to make one reasonable argument in favour of BLM. The desire to brow beat people into agreeing with this insane violent racist world view truly is astonishing.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yes ,we've mentioned this before.
    Angry white females, SJW, they move from one activist group to another like a plague of locusts.
    Feminism,Racism,Lbgt,Trans,Green,Anti Globalism,Anti Capitalism etc, whatever is in fashion.
    Wet behind the ears yet wise beyond their years in their own minds.
    Activism is a way for useless people to feel important, even if the consequences of their activism are counterproductive for those they claim to be helping and damaging to the fabric of society as a whole.
    Thomas J Sowell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Did he do it for 8 minutes with actual intent to cut off air or blood flow?

To be fair, you've no idea of the intent of the police officer in the George Floyd case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

nullzero wrote: »
    Funny how you are still pushing this story when you originally raised it as a supposed answer to a question put to you about 20 pages ago when you claimed that police leadership were inciting violence against protesters in the same manner BLM leaders have been calling for violence against police.

Page after page of supposed righteous indignation against anyone with a contrary opinion to yours, just enough to Bury the section of the thread where your inability to debate in good faith and indulge in childish ad hominem (jewel encrusted goalposts anyone?) can be forgotten.

In your 100 plus posts last night about this topic you have still failed to make one reasonable argument in favour of BLM. The desire to brow beat people into agreeing with this insane violent racist world view truly is astonishing.

as each crazy racist theory he comes up with is exposed as lies he fades off and shifts to the next bs theory ,

been at that since the thread started and all over the site

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

mynamejeff wrote: »
    as each crazy racist theory he comes up with is exposed as lies he fades off and shifts to the next bs theory ,

been at that since the thread started and all over the site

He will have more joy over on the numerous Anti Trump threads, where the far left pack hunt down anyone who questions them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Did you just assume their Genders?

You seem happy to ignore cops wanting to run over and shoot those mother****ers, others seem happy to ignore a trove of evidence of police officers glorifying anti protest violence on social media. I don’t know what else to tell you. If you’re not pleased with my viewpoint it’s really not my problem to satisfy you. I just wish you’d be a little more civil about it and quit complaining that I don’t follow along through your shifting goalpost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

You seem happy to ignore cops wanting to run over and shoot those mother****ers, others seem happy to ignore a trove of evidence of police officers glorifying anti protest violence on social media. I don’t know what else to tell you. If you’re not pleased with my viewpoint it’s really not my problem to satisfy you. I just wish you’d be a little more civil about it and quit complaining that I don’t follow along through your shifting goalpost.

this bs narrative has been exposed already , its time to move on to the next one please

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Ah it sounds like you've run into some American Exceptionalists. Sean Hannity is a standard bearer for that mentality. It is often very misplaced, and even many Americans recognize that.

Ah Sean Hannity is a Grade A tool alright, but disappointingly there are many on the left who share the American Exceptionalism trait, when it comes to their own world view and wokeness.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    this bs narrative has been exposed already , its time to move on to the next one please

Exposed? How? There’s the recording and all. There’s the database and all. “Exposed” :rolleyes:

markodaly wrote: »
    Ah Sean Hannity is a Grade A tool alright, but disappointingly there are many on the left who share the American Exceptionalism trait, when it comes to their own world view and wokeness.

Haven’t seen American exceptionalism from folks on the left. If you’re conflating that with “exceptionalism of their own world view and wokeness” that’s not American exceptionalism and you’d appear to be confusing terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

You seem happy to ignore cops wanting to run over and shoot those mother****ers, .

I think the fact that the cops didn't run over and shoot those mother****ers shows that the cops aren't quite as bad as you are painting them.

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I think the fact that the cops didn't run over and shoot those mother****ers shows that the cops aren't quite as bad as you are painting them.

Uhm...

Aerial view: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-york-mayor-bill-de-blasio-defends-police-after-video-n1220246 which shows no bag of flaming anything on the vehicles.

And quite a few more videos than that of NYPD fitting rubber bullets and teargas rounds at protesters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭TheFactMan

Uhm...

Aerial view: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-york-mayor-bill-de-blasio-defends-police-after-video-n1220246 which shows no bag of flaming anything on the vehicles.

And quite a few more videos than that of NYPD fitting rubber bullets and teargas rounds at protesters.

Mob attacks police car,

Mob cries when police car hits them trying to drive away from there unprovoked attack.

Bad police car... evil police...

Logic has left the chat...

Just some more artificial BLM Victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Did you just assume their Genders?

I saw a RAH-66 Comanche third from the left, back row.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

this and the trump threads have become unreadable as those that dares to question BLM or the democrats, or boring old biden are met with abuse, name calling, and people posting outright lies.
    If you confront their lies or post some facts, the deflection begins.

Certain members can make false claims, stating certain members said things they did not say, and its accepted.

Any wonder the threads have died off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

The FNG wrote: »
    White woman's burden.

blm-signs21.jpg

I reckon that's probably way off the relevant irony scale tbh.

This afternoon (within the next 6 hours?) Louisville is expected to hold a press conference to announce the details of a settlement that has been reached with the family of Breonna Taylor, including both a financial settlement and “sweeping police reforms.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/15/breonnataylorlouisvillesettlement/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I haven't shifted any goalposts.

You seem happy to ignore facts and logic.

Round and round we go.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

biko wrote: »
    White BLM and their one black friend. Can you find him?

tmp-cam-2160270525725278432.jpg

Where’s Waldo?

I haven't shifted any goalposts.

You seem happy to ignore facts and logic.

Round and round we go.

In fact you did. You shifted your goalpost to include “leaders.” Then, once even that criteria was satisfied you shifted it to holding press conferences or written department policy. These were criteria not present in your original request.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

this and the trump threads have become unreadable as those that dares to question BLM or the democrats, or boring old biden are met with abuse, name calling, and people posting outright lies.
    If you confront their lies or post some facts, the deflection begins.

Certain members can make false claims, stating certain members said things they did not say, and its accepted.

Any wonder the threads have died off.

100%.

Then they turn around and accuse you of being disingenuous, or worse still - of the behaviours they have been demonstrating all along, such as :

- moving goalposts
    - deflecting from truth with daft questions
    - personal insults
    - redefining the meaning of words.

Lefties....:rolleyes:

Advertisement