Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

https://www.wave3.com/2020/08/26/warrants-issued-arrest-breonna-taylors-ex-boyfriend-amid-leaked-new-documents/

Some interesting details with respect to the Brenna Taylor case. Perhaps not quite the saint that she has been presented as.

She didn't deserve to be shot, the police absolutely botched the raid on the apartment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

what happened to breonna was terrible but this was not a racist thing.

The police got the wrong house, they had no idea of the race, color or creed of its occupants when they got the wrong house.

I guess we will be told next, the police chose to go to the right house so they could go to the wrong house and shoot that up in the hope black people lived inside.
    Not every crime committed against someone has to have reacist overtones.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

https://www.wave3.com/2020/08/26/warrants-issued-arrest-breonna-taylors-ex-boyfriend-amid-leaked-new-documents/

Some interesting details with respect to the Brenna Taylor case. Perhaps not quite the saint that she has been presented as.

She didn't deserve to be shot, the police absolutely botched the raid on the apartment.

If she didn't deserve what happened then what you're engaged in here is simple victim blaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lebron-james-la-sheriff-challenge-reward-money-ambushed-deputies/

The Los Angeles County sheriff on Monday challenged Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James to match $175,000 in reward money being offered for information on the gunman who ambushed and shot two L.A. deputies over the weekend. In an interview with KABC Radio, Sheriff Alex Villanueva said the reward money has reached $175,000, after two individuals donated $75,000 to add to the $100,000 offered by the county.

"This challenge is to Lebron James. I want you to match that and double that reward," Villanueva said. "I know you care about law enforcement. You expressed a very interesting statement about your perspective on race relations and on officer-involved shootings and the impact that it has on the African-American community. And I appreciated that. But likewise, we need to appreciate that respect for life goes across professions, across races, creeds, and I'd like to see LeBron James step up to the plate and double that."

The police got the wrong house, they had no idea of the race, color or creed of its occupants when they got the wrong house.

I guess we will be told next, the police chose to go to the right house so they could go to the wrong house and shoot that up in the hope black people lived inside.

Except they knew who they were supposedly looking for. That's what the warrant was for. What a daft argument.

• Advertisement

this and the trump threads have become unreadable as those that dares to question BLM or the democrats, or boring old biden are met with abuse, name calling, and people posting outright lies.
    If you confront their lies or post some facts, the deflection begins.

Certain members can make false claims, stating certain members said things they did not say, and its accepted.

Any wonder the threads have died off.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114614668&postcount=5394

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Overheal wrote: »
    This afternoon (within the next 6 hours?) Louisville is expected to hold a press conference to announce the details of a settlement that has been reached with the family of Breonna Taylor, including both a financial settlement and “sweeping police reforms.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/15/breonnataylorlouisvillesettlement/

disgraceful and unfair

Breonna Taylor was actively involved in drug trafficking and was killed due to the direct actions of her bf attempting to murder police

America really is fcuked

Exposed? How? There’s the recording and all. There’s the database and all. “Exposed” :rolleyes:

the last three pages of post exposed your narrative as false ,

and I see you've already moved onto the next lie

so predictable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭TheFactMan

If she didn't deserve what happened then what you're engaged in here is simple victim blaming.

Ahh the artificial victims with the classic defense of "victim blaming" when anything is questioned... Any other tactics ? Playing the eternal victim card gets boring tbh.

Her boyfriend didn't happen to shoot at the police officers by any chance ?

She wouldn't be involved in drug trafficking by any chance ?

Ohh whoops I forgot you were trying to leave out that bit conviently.

Unless you mean they were victims of there own actions.. that's about the only way you can spin them as victims tbh.

It wasn't the wrong house though. Based on the documents, it seems a lot of activity was being funneled through there, with Taylor being actively involved.

This isn't dismissing the actions of the police, who somehow managed to miss the person shooting at them , and instead hit Taylor in her bed. Terrible execution of the raid and a failure in their core skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Haven’t seen American exceptionalism from folks on the left. If you’re conflating that with “exceptionalism of their own world view and wokeness” that’s not American exceptionalism and you’d appear to be confusing terms.

Oh they exist alright, hectoring and lecturing other countries and cultures on how to behave. Sure a Chinese word for 'um, err' is racist now!

Deep down no matter what political spectrum the American is, right or left, they mostly are a Supremacist, an American one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

this and the trump threads have become unreadable as those that dares to question BLM or the democrats, or boring old biden are met with abuse, name calling, and people posting outright lies.
    If you confront their lies or post some facts, the deflection begins.

Certain members can make false claims, stating certain members said things they did not say, and its accepted.

Any wonder the threads have died off.

To be honest this thread has basically descended into a BLM-hate thread. I think there is only one poster actually defending them. So if the thread is becoming unreadable and dying it is probably because nearly everyone is agreeing with each other and that is boring.

To be honest this thread has basically descended into a BLM-hate thread. I think there is only one poster actually defending them. So if the thread is becoming unreadable and dying it is probably because nearly everyone is agreeing with each other and that is boring.

yup . one person taking the contrary position regardless of evidence intelligence good sense or proof does seem pointless foolish and disruptive , but that's agenda driven politics right now

Not blindly agreeing with mistruths and false narratives...doesn't count as hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

In fact you did. You shifted your goalpost to include “leaders.” Then, once even that criteria was satisfied you shifted it to holding press conferences or written department policy. These were criteria not present in your original request.

I didn't even make a request to begin with. I made a comment about BLM leaders calling for violence. You said the same could be said about "Law and Order", so in point of fact you are wrong and have been acting like a petulant child ever since.

Glazers Out!

mynamejeff wrote: »
    disgraceful and unfair

Breonna Taylor was actively involved in drug trafficking and was killed due to the direct actions of her bf attempting to murder police

America really is fcuked

No, she wasn't.
    the last three pages of post exposed your narrative as false ,

and I see you've already moved onto the next lie

so predictable

That didn't happen either.

Something appears to be broken with your perception of reality, but that's your personal issue.

TheFactMan wrote: »
    Ahh the artificial victims with the classic defense of "victim blaming" when anything is questioned... Any other tactics ? Playing the eternal victim card gets boring tbh.

Her boyfriend didn't happen to shoot at the police officers by any chance ?

She wouldn't be involved in drug trafficking by any chance ?

Ohh whoops I forgot you were trying to leave out that bit conviently.

Unless you mean they were victims of there own actions.. that's about the only way you can spin them as victims tbh.

She hasn't been involved in drug trafficking and her boyfriend defending his castle is perfectly lawful behavior that she, as the person not doing the shooting, shouldn't be paying the ultimate penalty for. Shameful to try and justify her death. Nothing was just about it.

markodaly wrote: »
    Oh they exist alright, hectoring and lecturing other countries and cultures on how to behave. Sure a Chinese word for 'um, err' is racist now!

Deep down no matter what political spectrum the American is, right or left, they mostly are a Supremacist, an American one at that.

You both seem to be confusing what American Exceptionalism is and which thread you are in now.

nullzero wrote: »
    I didn't even make a request to begin with. I made a comment about BLM leaders calling for violence. You said the same could be said about "Law and Order", so in point of fact you are wrong and have been acting like a petulant child ever since.

The only childish behavior is from yourself, and your constantly shifting goalposts. As I said before, I'm not playing that game. I've roundly supplied you with the information originally requested of me, and I have satisfied the claim I made. Whether you agree with it or not is respectfully between you and the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You both seem to be confusing what American Exceptionalism is and which thread you are in now.

Not confused whatsoever.
    Again, I was not banging on about American Exceptionalism really, I was banging on about American Supremacy.

This thread is a good example of this.

• Advertisement

She hasn't been involved in drug trafficking and her boyfriend defending his castle is perfectly lawful behavior that she, as the person not doing the shooting, shouldn't be paying the ultimate penalty for. Shameful to try and justify her death. Nothing was just about it.

alright dude.. ok to shoot blindly thru doors at the police , deal drugs but the police are the bad guys for shooting back...

Defending from who ? Seems unusual to me to fire rounds thru a door that someone is banging on, would you rattle off a few rounds if someone was knocking on your door ? Why didn't they call the police like normal people ? Wouldn't be because they were dealing in drugs ?

Honestly you are getting ridiculous now !

Always the victims never there fault is your motto .

markodaly wrote: »
    Not confused whatsoever.
    Again, I was not banging on about American Exceptionalism really, I was banging on about American Supremacy.

This thread is a good example of this.

?

No, she wasn't.

That didn't happen either.

Something appears to be broken with your perception of reality, but that's your personal issue.

yes she was

proof posted here twice already , do you want me to post it again ?

I think 99 percent here agree that it isn't my perception of reality that is tainted

The facts detailed in the case would seem to show contrary.

TheFactMan wrote: »
    alright dude.. ok to shoot blindly thru doors at the police

Police did not identify themselves, primary occupant was defending themselves from unknown intruder battering their door in and off its frame.
    , deal drugs but the police are the bad guys for shooting back...

Again, they weren't dealing drugs; however, even if it was the case, no knock raids are no way to handle that, and fortunately the city agrees, having banned the practice with legislation in Congress ready to do the same
    Defending from who ? Seems unusual to me to fire rounds thru a door that someone is banging on, would you rattle off a few rounds if someone was knocking on your door ? Why didn't they call the police like normal people ? Wouldn't be because they were dealing in drugs ?

Honestly you are getting ridiculous now !

Always the victims never there fault is your motto .

That's humorous. In most gun control threads here and online folks are told time and again the need to have a firearm to defend yourself in the heat of the moment. When someone is kicking your front door off its frame in the middle of the night, I'm inclined to agree that there is no time to get on the phone and explain such an imminent danger to a 911 dispatcher. You try kicking down my door and see what I do with my 12-gauge. And no, it's not because I deal drugs (I don't).

yes she was

proof posted here twice already , do you want me to post it again ?

I think 99 percent here agree that it isn't my perception of reality that is tainted

Theres argumentum ad populum again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The only childish behavior is from yourself, and your constantly shifting goalposts. As I said before, I'm not playing that game. I've roundly supplied you with the information originally requested of me, and I have satisfied the claim I made. Whether you agree with it or not is respectfully between you and the wall.

You posted a link to cops talking crap over their radios.

That isn't proof of violence being instigated by police against protesters at an organisational level, you know like the way BLM leaders instigate violence against the police and others.

You have some neck pushing this narrative of me moving goalposts when you can't even answer a simple question properly. As I already stated, you set the parameters yourself when you compared what I said about BLM with police policy. You set the goalposts in place and then proceeded to move them to suit yourself.

As usual, it's just waffle waffle waffle from you, post over and over and repeat your lies until they are accepted as truth, Goebbels would be so Proud.

Glazers Out!

Theres argumentum ad populum again.

https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/63943132/breonna-taylor-summary-redacted1

you've seen this before right , heavily and actively involved in drug trafficking , not a innocent victim , unless you count her as a victim of her boyfriend

Police did not identify themselves, primary occupant was defending themselves from unknown intruder battering their door in and off its frame.

Again, they weren't dealing drugs; however, even if it was the case, no knock raids are no way to handle that, and fortunately the city agrees, having banned the practice with legislation in Congress ready to do the same

That's humorous. In most gun control threads here and online folks are told time and again the need to have a firearm to defend yourself in the heat of the moment. When someone is kicking your front door off its frame in the middle of the night, I'm inclined to agree that there is no time to get on the phone and explain such an imminent danger to a 911 dispatcher. You try kicking down my door and see what I do with my 12-gauge. And no, it's not because I deal drugs (I don't).

They announced they were police, the fact remains she put herself in danger by drug trafficking or being around people that do but I suppose you ll tell me she didn't know now or some other nonsense, and the facts are they banged on the door announced who they were repeatedly they proceeded to kick the door down meanwhile your victims (drug traffickers) were rattling rounds off thru the door. Either the definition of victim has changed or you are really really reaching .

But Imagine that did happen you and it was a black person you had to shoot I'd say your head would implode from the hypocrisy.

• Advertisement

The facts detailed in the case would seem to show contrary.

Which from your link all appears to be circumstantial. They're trying to pin her for drugs because she called the house a trap house, and where she was and when etc. despite having not witnessed any transactions.

In college several fraternity brothers nicknamed their home "The Trap House" and no, no drugs were dealt there. It's a nickname, not a smoking gun.

Advertisement