Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

gozunda wrote: »
    Ok - that there is a recording is evident. The issue is who is being recorded. Police radios were reported stolen in the aarticle you liknked and elsewhere as per my reply.

Do you think that if the account of police had been found to be true - it wouldn’t have been plastered all over every major news station?

Imo the websites detailing the story wisely added the disclaimer so they wouldn't get their asses sued for libel...

I understand that, I just find it very irregular and convenient that radios would be stolen. Not something you ever hear happening, and from where were they stolen? Try physically stealing something off an officer and you will receive a swift physical response, so it to me seems unlikely. That's just my take on it.

ah right...overheal logic.

You can spew lies about a poster, make up false claims and statements they supposedly said, but when said poster points out your lies and call you a liar, then that is name calling and you are the victim

WOW

Ah now, you've been calling me a liar at least for the past 24 hours, even though I've linked to you what, 3 times hence, my retraction to you? Time to let it go, honestly.

TheFactMan wrote: »
    You are saying she is not a drug dealer not because you care in the slightest but because it aligns with the false narrative you ve been trying to push all along,

It's the same with all these convient victims u list off.

You just hate the police and will use any victim or any situation as a stick to attack em.

It's plain to see at this stage you aren't interested in fairness or even anything remotely fair .

You're the one deciding what I've said is a "false narrative."

Pretty disappointing to read someone characterize the people on the receiving end of police violence as "convenient."

As I've made clear at several points throughout the thread, my position is not 'just hate the police and attack them at every turn' as recent posts I've re-highlighted for you demonstrated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Overheal wrote: »
    Ah now, you've been calling me a liar at least for the past 24 hours, even though I've linked to you what, 3 times hence, my retraction to you? Time to let it go, honestly.

You lied not once about me, but TWICE, and only apologized after you were called out on it....

apologizing does not mean it never happened, and according to others on this thread it was not only me your fabricated statements about.

You think you can lie and make up claims, , and making an apology somehow means you were not a liar ?

and then have the audacity to claim being called a liar is name calling.....

for the record its not name calling when its a fact.

You lied not once about me, but TWICE, and only apologized after you were called out on it....

apologizing does not mean it never happened, and according to others on this thread it was not only me your fabricated statements about.

You think you can lie and make up claims, , and making an apology somehow means you were not a liar ?

and then have the audacity to claim being called a liar is name calling.....

for the record its not name calling when its a fact.

I don't know what else you want, then. An apology and a retraction was issued. If you're going to continue to grind an axe about it, it sets about a terrible precedent for people to be civil and compromising in forum discussions. Can't say it would motivate me to be as candid with you in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭TheFactMan

You're the one deciding what I've said is a "false narrative."

Pretty disappointing to read someone characterize the people on the receiving end of police violence as "convenient."

As I've made clear at several points throughout the thread, my position is not 'just hate the police and attack them at every turn' as recent posts I've re-highlighted for you demonstrated.

To be honest it's pretty disgusting how you routinely use there deaths as tools in a discussion, for emotional impact followed with outrageous comments you make .

As I said you could careless about there deaths it's just routine to use em as a stick to attack the police...

You routinely label the police killers. And other wording delibrately used to convey low key digs.

To be honest it's pretty disgusting how you routinely use there deaths as tools in a discussion, for emotional impact followed with outrageous comments you make .

As I said you could careless about there deaths it's just routine to use em as a stick to attack the police...

You routinely label the police killers. And other wording delibrately used to convey low key digs.

You know, there's been absolute heaps of posts bringing up all sorts of killings in this thread for "emotional impact followed with outrageous comments." Like that killing of the young girl in her driveway, despite the assailant almost immediately being taken into custody. And, subsequently, Blacks are routinely labeled in this thread as "animals" "thugs" and "scumbags." Are you as disgusted with that? Or are they fair game to be used as tools in a discussion for emotional impact and followed my by "outrageous" comments?

In addition to the $12M, the mayor of Louisville KY announced the following police reforms:
    • Implementing a Housing Credit program to incentivise officers to live in "certain low income census tracks within the city"
    • Encourage officers to volunteer 2 paid hours every 2-week pay period during their regular workshift "in the community that they serve"
    • A new program to include social workers at LMPD to provide support on certain police runs
    • Transparency and accountability: Commanding officers must review and approve all search warrants, file affidavits in support of these warrants and "risk matrices," before an officer seeks judicial approval for a warrant.
    • Clarifying the command structure for executing warrants and procedure for money seizures
    • Expanding random drug testing of officers
    • Commitment to renegotiate with the FOP (police union) at renewal in 2021 to enhance what records can be filed and kept in a police officer's disciplinary file
    • Professional Standards Unit to protect LMPD from conflict of interest in investigating its own officers
    • Closing letters at the time of an officers dismissal from LMPD will now include disclosure of evidence in the officers disciplinary record, if such evidence exists, or, there will be disclosure of insufficient evidence in that regard.
    • If a complaint is reasonable enough to have resulted in the suspension of an officer, investigation will proceed to determine if additional officers are involved in such complaints.
    • Early Warning System to track all use of force and citizen complaints, which will be evaluated after implementation by a 3rd party. It will be administered by an Office of Inspector General, to be established.

Seems to be a very substantial settlement and appears to be good natured police reform.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I don't know what else you want, then. An apology and a retraction was issued. If you're going to continue to grind an axe about it, it sets about a terrible precedent for people to be civil and compromising in forum discussions. Can't say it would motivate me to be as candid with you in the future.

apologizing for something does not mean the incident did not take place.

A thief can apologize for stealing, pay a fine or go to prison, but it does not mean he ceased being a thief.

My point is you lied, and regardless of whether you apologized or not, you showed what limits you will go to on this thread in order to twist the narrative to suit your cause. Had you not been pulled up on your lies (plural) I dont imagine you would have apologized.

From reading this thread i have seen others also ask you to show them where they said things you claimed they have said and you have deflected.

To me , this shows a clear and present agenda by you therefore making anything you post questionable in the least.

apologizing for something does not mean the incident did not take place.

A thief can apologize for stealing, pay a fine or go to prison, but it does not mean he ceased being a thief.

My point is you lied, and regardless of whether you apologized or not, you showed what limits you will go to on this thread in order to twist the narrative to suit your cause. Had you not been pulled up on your lies (plural) I dont imagine you would have apologized.

From reading this thread i have seen others also ask you to show them where they said things you claimed they have said and you have deflected.

To me , this shows a clear and present agenda by you therefore making anything you post questionable in the least.

You act as though I purposely and maliciously told a lie about you. As I felt should have been made clear, that is not the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I understand that, I just find it very irregular and convenient that radios would be stolen. Not something you ever hear happening, and from where were they stolen? Try physically stealing something off an officer and you will receive a swift physical response, so it to me seems unlikely. That's just my take on it.

According to the independent account in NME - there were a number of thefts of Police radios over several days.

And no not an unknown occurance on doing a quick google

http://kmph.com/archive/police-radios-stolen-1-arrested-1-wanted

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/chula-vista-officers-surround-home-serve-warrant/1937942/

I think you'll find that wheres there's a will - there's generally someone up for the job. The group detailed in that article re. 'anonymous' have carried out some seriously dodgy stuff to- date tbf.

It remains the story of the alleged recordings remains just that and cannot be relied on as 'fact' at this point in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @Overheal, @Justin Credible Darts - despite multiple mod warnings, the back and forth is getting shriller. Take 48 hours away from the thread to rein it back in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I can't help but notice that whatever was being prevented from movement is the one thing not clear on that little audio snippet, and is completely absent any context as to where that asset needed to be. Life in NYC is continuing no matter how important protesters think their protests are, and there has never been a stop on batteries, heart attacks, or any other slew of time-sensitive requests for assistance, the needers of which probably don't care about the protest, but do care about someone showing up right now.

There is no sign on a police car saying "responding to home invasion in progress" for example, when it drives somewhere with the lights flashing. That's even assuming the asset in question is only a police vehicle and the wasn't in company with, say, an ambulance.

You know, there's been absolute heaps of posts bringing up all sorts of killings in this thread for "emotional impact followed with outrageous comments." Like that killing of the young girl in her driveway, despite the assailant almost immediately being taken into custody. And, subsequently, Blacks are routinely labeled in this thread as "animals" "thugs" and "scumbags." Are you as disgusted with that? Or are they fair game to be used as tools in a discussion for emotional impact and followed my by "outrageous" comments?

I haven't seen anyone label black people animals ? Again you structure your words carefully to be as mis leading as possible ,

I imagine they called the black person that killed a little girl an "animal" and they would be correct regardless of skin color such a horrendous crime would warrant a label.

You seem to correlate that anyone that doesn't agree with your outlandish skewed statements to hating black people .

I'd wager you d be hard press to find me a single person on this thread that has said they hate black people, I insist find me one.

The real problem here is your delibrate underhanded attacks on anyone that disagrees with your extreme blm view points or anyone blm deem the target aka the police.

Personally I see right thru you as I'm sure alot of people do but there are the gullible ones out there that will listen to the dangerous misleading narrative you are spinning.

Your arguements isn't just wrong it's outright dishonest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Respectfully, from reading the documents, there is a quite a bit of actual evidence to support that claim. There are recorded conversations and video surveillance records which point to her being active in supporting her partners drug activities.

Again, that doesn't mean she deserved to be shot. To me, the situation speaks to a poorly executed raid, I which she ended up caught in the crossfire between her BF and the police. I would like to see more details with respect to whether the police actually announced themselves or not, as that would colour the actions of the BF significantly imo.

What was the outcome of the dead body found in her car as part of a previous surveillance?

Surely there was some type of charge over that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

gozunda wrote: »
    What was the outcome of the dead body found in her car as part of a previous surveillance?

Surely there was some type of charge over that?

No idea tbh, I only read about the greater investigation from the link posted a few pages back. Certainly more to the story

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I can't help but notice that whatever was being prevented from movement is the one thing not clear on that little audio snippet, and is completely absent any context as to where that asset needed to be. Life in NYC is continuing no matter how important protesters think their protests are, and there has never been a stop on batteries, heart attacks, or any other slew of time-sensitive requests for assistance, the needers of which probably don't care about the protest, but do care about someone showing up right now.

There is no sign on a police car saying "responding to home invasion in progress" for example, when it drives somewhere with the lights flashing. That's even assuming the asset in question is only a police vehicle and the wasn't in company with, say, an ambulance.

sounds like some patched together audio to me , then again when posted with out context of proof and considering the source what can you expect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

"when we say we want to kill whitey we dont really mean we want to kill whitey (we do) *laughter* but when we say we want to kill whitey, it's like but not today
    " . . . . Well are they planning on doing it? I'll need to find someone to take the dog.:rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/B_HQ/status/1305919678930448385

"when we say we want to kill whitey we dont really mean we want to kill whitey (we do) *laughter* but when we say we want to kill whitey, it's like but not today
    " . . . . Well are they planning on doing it? I'll need to find someone to take the dog.:rolleyes:

I'd imagine this stuff is going to wear thin pretty quick seems like America is on a knife edge, blm or some of them seem to think they can roam around untouchable , threatening and attacking at will.. I can see it ending badly too many people with guns in the us they will piss the wrong one off eventually ! I can't see the police being too keen on protecting them either with all there disgusting antics cheering on the shooting of officers ect..

It's setting up to end real bad.

They really need a leader to reign em in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

They'll soon be along to tell you that it was just a joke, even though it wasn't delivered in that manner at all. These people think that having a problem with mass-immigration or BLM, is a stance of evil, yet they think talking about killing white people is absolutely fine. It's really a wonder at this stage that they still hold any pretenses about being the good guys.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

I can see it ending badly too many people with guns in the us they will piss the wrong one off eventually

That is a likely outcome, and I think it has the potential to bring about a really chaotic situation. If the media latches on to a case of white on black self defense and decides to report it as a cold blooded racist murder, it won’t be long before the violent mob begin to see all white people as legitimate targets in the same way that all police are guilty simply by being part of the institution. That could spiral out of control very quickly.

nj27 wrote: »
    That is a likely outcome, and I think it has the potential to bring about a really chaotic situation. If the media latches on to a case of white on black self defense and decides to report it as a cold blooded racist murder, it won’t be long before the violent mob begin to see all white people as legitimate targets in the same way that all police are guilty simply by being part of the institution. That could spiral out of control very quickly.

100% they arent far from that as it stands.. its a really volatile situation that just needs another spark and it could get really messy... from what ive being seeing it looks like some sections of the crowd would welcome it... The media really do have to be careful with the manner in which they report things.

its near on tribalism at the rate its going!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The media really do have to be careful with the manner in which they report things.

The media don't give a sh1te. They want the gates of hell to open. Gives them plenty to report on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The Democrats are implementing a strategy of tension.

It may well get Biden elected.

That's all that matters.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    The media don't give a sh1te. They want the gates of hell to open. Gives them plenty to report on.

Thats for sure, they pretty much created this whole thing to begin with when you think about it.

The us media is unbelievable stuff tho, talk about firing from the hip!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

The BLM movement seem to have a one sided view of the police in USA,
    The reality is that White police shoot more White people than Black people.
    Black people kill more Black than all the people that are killed by the Police.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

The reality is that White police shoot more White people than Black people.

There's 5 times more white people in the US than black.

tenor.gif

Do the math.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Thats for sure, they pretty much created this whole thing to begin with when you think about it.

The us media is unbelievable stuff tho, talk about firing from the hip!

They don't fire from the hip though. Everything is very calculated and partisan. Every piece of news is skewed to suit an agenda. I've seen it first hand when I was over there.

It didn't seem too bad about 20 years ago when I lived there (or maybe I was very naive back then) but it was very very noticeable last October when I was over there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

nj27 wrote: »

John Weed (white) was enjoying the Frederick County, Maryland, Fair last September when a group of teens (black) surrounded him and beat him to death. One of the two brothers involved who later spat on Weed’s lifeless body has now been sentenced by the judge.

Punishment.
    According to the Frederick New Post, the judge ordered the older of the two, 16, last Wednesday, to report to a juvenile facility for anger management classes

https://www.theblaze.com/conservative-review/horowitz-teen-accused-killing-man-horrific-knockout-frederick-fair-gets-zero-prison-time-just-anger-management

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭CarProblem

Do the math

Make sure you correct for differences in crime rates before doing any further maths

Advertisement