Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Imagine..2 million people protesting..the winds of change at your back..and you turn around and riot for three months and make an arse of it..

When Colin Kaepernick protested, the now President said he wished someone would fire that son of a bitch.

mo3djyutg30y.jpg
    The narrative around the protests has been the same from those against it from day 1.

When Colin Kaepernick protested, the now President said he wished someone would fire that son of a bitch.
    The narrative around the protests has been the same from those against it from day 1.

Keep telling yourself that..

Keep telling yourself that..

And you keep ignoring reality.

And you keep ignoring reality.

But like..they're talking of unity..is the flag not a symbol of that unity?..it's called the NATIONAL football league..

Yeah, Trump is uncouth, but when the opposition is burning the place down..

But like..they're talking of unity..is the flag not a symbol of that unity?..it's called the NATIONAL football league..

Yeah, Trump is uncouth, but when the opposition is burning the place down..

At the opening game of this years NFL season, the majority of the reduced numbers in the crowd booed as the players stood and linked arms for a specific moment of unity.

The chest thumping flag waving patriots are only interested in maintaining the status quo of what they have grown up.

• Advertisement

At the opening game of this years NFL season, the majority of the reduced numbers in the crowd booed as the players stood and linked arms for a specific moment of unity.

The chest thumping flag waving patriots are only interested in maintaining the status quo of what they have grown up.

Or people have grown tired of performative nonsense virtue signalling..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

I was “asked” to take the knee on the first day back at work after lockdown. I refused.

I tried to explain that it was inappropriate for a foreigner to ask Irish people to kneel - and we had a Rising so we didn’t have to.

You guessed it - I’m now racist. I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

It's less than 0.05% of all who have protested.
    Or 1 in 2000 who have protested.
    Seems pretty small to me.

In total its over 14000,which isn't a small number, no matter how much you attempt to obscure it through using percentages.

If it seems a small number to you that's your business. Back in reality land everyone else can see it for what it is.

Glazers Out!

Yeah, sure if your community is suffering, if society isn't the way you think is best for everyone, just carry on, as long as you are on top, it doesn't matter.

Anyone else who wants to do anything to help others or even their own circumstance is just virtue signalling.

Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Greta, Malcolm X, The Dunnes protesters, nothing but virtue signallers the lot of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Yeah, sure if your community is suffering, if society isn't the way you think is best for everyone, just carry on, as long as you are on top, it doesn't matter.

Anyone else who wants to do anything to help others or even their own circumstance is just virtue signalling.

Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Gandhi, Greta, Malcolm X, The Dunnes protesters, nothing but virtue signallers the lot of them.

putting dunnes protesters up there with gandhi , rosa parks etc

priceless

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

The multimillionaire football/basketball players are virtue signalling..

The multimillionaire football/basketball players are virtue signalling..

How so?

priceless

So they were wrong to protest apartheid?

How so.

I'm not going to tell you how..

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

priceless

Seems very apt really. Rosa didn’t want to move to the back of the bus, it was a one and done act of protest that just got a lot of national attention. How brief were the Dunnes protests?

I'm not going to tell you how..

Not surprising.
    There are less than 2000 total NFL/NBA Players in the USA.
    Out of 350M odd people.

Many came from disenfranchised backgrounds and realise just how lucky they are to be in the position they are in and know only too well the way they would be treated or have been treated.

nullzero wrote: »
    In total its over 14000,which isn't a small number, no matter how much you attempt to obscure it through using percentages.

If it seems a small number to you that's your business. Back in reality land everyone else can see it for what it is.

It's 2000 times smaller than the number who have protested peacefully.

Can you see that for what it is?

Overheal wrote: »
    Seems very apt really. Rosa didn’t want to move to the back of the bus, it was a one and done act of protest that just got a lot of national attention. How brief were the Dunnes protests?

your posting style is so like junkyard tom.

Odd how when you got a ban for 48 hours, junkyard tom was always around, and now you are back junkyard tom is gone.
    Are ye on shifts ? :D

I have read on here some blm supporters claim the violent protesters were only 5%, and figures have ranged higher and lower.
    Yet I have not once seen you or others of your persuasion condemn the violent protesters, in fact you defer from it and make out its a small number as if that did not count.

I have read on here some blm supporters claim the violent protesters were only 5%, and figures have ranged higher and lower.
    Yet I have not once seen you or others of your persuasion condemn the violent protesters, in fact you defer from it and make out its a small number as if that did not count.

Check out post #4601 and those quoted within.

By the way, the figures of violent protesters at all BLM rallies I think is less than .5%.

The figure arrested is approx 0.05% of all protesters, I'm allowing a factor of ten and ignoring the fact that many of those arrested were probably not even engaging in violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

So, the figure is that 7% of protests are violence, (let's leave aside the fact that that doesn't imply that such a percentage of all posters are engaging in such activities) why then do you still claim the majority of protests aren't peaceful? Is 93% no longer a greater number than 7%?

None of that makes any sense.

"Posters are engaging" in violence? What defek is that about?

And Nope. I can only presume you've evidently missed or ignored the previous posts on how those headlines does not stand up to even the most basic scrutiny and is certainly not an accurate account of the studies findings. Again.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114610272&postcount=5264

Which completely ignores him just yesterday arguing that blue states don’t count when factoring Covid-19s severity. Far from a uniter in any form. If you died in a blue state you don’t count to him.

°°°°°

It's 2000 times smaller than the number who have protested peacefully.

Can you see that for what it is?

Yes I can see it for what it is, completely irrelevant.

Had 200 people been arrested for varied levels of offences I could appreciate your logic but 14000, let me spell that out, fourteen thousand people arrested isn't a small number

Of course you can't appreciate the reality, and we'll never agree, but it isn't a trifling amount by any metric.

Glazers Out!

gozunda wrote: »
    None of that makes any sense.

"Posters are engaging" in violence? What defek is that about?

And Nope. I can only presume you've evidently missed or ignored the previous posts on how those headlines does not stand up to even the most basic scrutiny and is certainly not an accurate account of the studies findings. Again.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114610272&postcount=5264

We've been mostly peaceful..

Had 200 people been arrested for varied levels of offences I could appreciate your logic but 14000, let me spell that out, fourteen thousand people arrested isn't a small number

Of course you can't appreciate the reality, and we'll never agree, but it isn't a trifling amount by an metric.

Except by percentages, which you cannot seem to grasp.

Hope you get a 0.05% pay rise next time yours is reviewed.

Check out post #4601 and those quoted within.

By the way, the figures of violent protesters at all BLM rallies I think is less than .5%.

The figure arrested is approx 0.05% of all protesters, I'm allowing a factor of ten and ignoring the fact that many of those arrested were probably not even engaging in violence.

well you must be the exception.

I was quoting overheal, who obviously read my post, and thanked your post, but I have never seen him condemn the violent protesters.

Guess that is why he has ignored my post.

°°°°°

Except by percentages, which you cannot seem to grasp.

Hope you get a 0.05% pay rise next time yours is reviewed.

Bloody hell, we've already addressed this.

You say 0.05%, everyone else says, 14000.

I hope you get the help you need.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Bloody hell, we've already addressed this.

You say 0.05%, everyone says, 14000.

I hope you get the help you need.

He thinks this figure is important to all those people across The States who have been terrified by the wide spread violence, intimidation, destruction of property, murder and mayhem that has played a huge part in the surge in gun ownership....

It's a bit like running around the Titanic screaming, it only ripped a hole in 10% of the hull....it'll all be good...

°°°°°

It's a bit like running around the Titanic screaming, it only ripped a hole in 10% of the hull....it'll all be good...

Brilliant. You do know that the iceberg was white don't you?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Of course you can't appreciate the reality, and we'll never agree, but it isn't a trifling amount by any metric.

Does this invalidate the right to protest for tens of millions of others?

Advertisement