Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Overheal wrote: »
    Does this invalidate the right to protest for tens of millions of others?

I never said it does.

What it does do is invalidate the movement by virtue of the fact that BLM organisers have been calling for violence, describing looting as "reparations" and declaring war on police as well as stating that white people are sub human.

I'm all for peaceful protest, and there's a hell of a lot of things it's worth taking to the streets to rail against, but BLM hasn't been a victim of a few bad apples, it's organisational structure is literally making statements that are incitement to violence as well as overtly racist. I have, as well as others, posted countless links on this thread to articles where BLM organisers were giving press interviews expressing these opinions (they weren't throw away comments taken out of context).

If you are comfortable with BLM that's your right. Anyone(of any colour or Creed) with a modicum of common sense should distance themselves from it.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

The multimillionaire football/basketball players are virtue signalling..

Virtue signalling? Another dopey buzz-term that bubbled up out of the sewers of the internet. It suits you well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

nullzero wrote: »
    Brilliant. You do know that the iceberg was white don't you?

It won’t be in the remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Gervais08 wrote: »

It certainly won't be working for the BBC going forward.

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

as i thought, no condemnation of the scumbag rioters and violent protesters by the blm defenders....just pretend its a small number and pretend also it does not matter.

I can picture them sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting la la la la la to drown out any facts they would not like to hear.

The victims of the scumbag rioters and violent protesters seeming are not entitled to any respect. they are somehow less important., ...but if a black criminal gets killed in the process of committing a crime, then the blm hypocrites are out en masse crying over the "innocent" criminal and how the police are evil.

There may come a day when these bigoted blm hypocrites who do not condemn the violence and blame the police, might be the victim of one of a serious crime, and i bet they will be looking for the police then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

If we take that 7% as a truth (how you designate a couple of hundred rioters remaining after several thousand peaceful marchers go home as not a peaceful protest is another matter but let's park that) then it leaves 93% as peaceful.
    How is 93% of protests being peaceful not a majority? Have you been smoking something? Also, if we go by the hard numbers then it's a tiny fraction of 1% of BLM protesters are causing damage, no?If one twat in a crowd of ten thousand people throws a stone then does that protest become a riot? If we applied that dumb-logic to the police then does one cop killing a black guy make every cop accessory to murder?You lads are a hoot.

:rolleyes:

That's the thing we can't take anything of the sort. The media have already been shown to have misquoted the study.

It's already been detailed several times in this thread.

Btw love to know where you pulled your "couple of hundred rioters" from when there have already been (a minimum estimate) of 10,000 arrests by June. Dog knows what that figure is by now.

Btw try a bit less of the ad hominem. It does such rather crazy argument no favours...

Perhaps have a word with this lady or the many other victims of these protests before pushing the same old blm 'peaceful' mantra stuff .

https://youtu.be/MYbXlUx97NI?t=5s

Gervais08 wrote: »

you will be called racist if you tell people you want a white christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

It wouldn't surprise me to see a surge in racially motivated assaults against white people in the US...we know there has been a surge in attacks on Jewish people in New York in recent times.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a surge in racially motivated assaults against white people in the US...we know there has been a surge in attacks on Jewish people in New York in recent times.

white lives dont matter
    Jewish lives dont matter

only black lives matter, because we dont like racism.

you could not make this up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,322 ✭✭✭pgj2015

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/hapenny-bridge-dublin-racist-graffiti-18948912

I wouldn't be surprised if this was done by the BLM side or antifa.

• Advertisement

dublin live claiming "racist vandalism"

whilst vandalism is wrong how is "white lives matter" racist ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

white lives dont matter
    Jewish lives dont matter

only black lives matter, because we dont like racism.

you could not make this up
    you will be called racist if you tell people you want a white christmas

I argued against someone who said “no one in this country knows what it’s like to be black, to be treated as second class citizens in your own country” by pointing out my father only had to mention the name of his school to be denied a job.

Apparently that’s “not the same”!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭TheFactMan

Seems very apt really. Rosa didn’t want to move to the back of the bus, it was a one and done act of protest that just got a lot of national attention. How brief were the Dunnes protests?

Welcome back Overheal!

See ya later JunkyardTom!:D

New account with the vast majority of posts crying about BLM and accuses others of sock-puppetry.

irony.gif

Self-awareness is never a strong point with the outrage gang.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭TheFactMan

New account with the vast majority of posts crying about BLM and accuses others of sock-puppetry.

irony.gif

arent you the ones outraged? you're right.. Irony!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

https://i.postimg.cc/Xvhb0R9F/irony.gif

As your preference in arguments frequently seems to run to daft ad hominem remarks like the above - then perhaps a meme best suits as reply....

4fcylf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

This whole racist 'blame whitey' thing from BLM is doing the African American community a disservice. There are endemic problems in that community which will not be resolved by removing the police or burning every symbol of whiteness

Modern day African Americans should be thankful every day to be in a first world country with incredible opportunity and privilege rather than starving in some mud hut in West Africa. If they believe the nation to be so racist, they could be offered a free flight back to the motherland?

There are plenty of other cultures which have suffered massively in the recent past (Japanese(Put in concentration camps by their own countrymen)/Jews/Indians/Armenians/Irish) and have prospered in America so why cant they?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

John Doe1 wrote: »
    This whole racist 'blame whitey' thing from BLM is doing the African American community a disservice. There are endemic problems in that community which will not be resolved by removing the police or burning every symbol of whiteness

Modern day African Americans should be thankful every day to be in a first world country with incredible opportunity and privilege rather than starving in some mud hut in West Africa. If they believe the nation to be so racist, they could be offered a free flight back to the motherland?

There are plenty of other cultures which have suffered massively in the recent past (Japanese(Put in concentration camps by their own countrymen)/Jews/Indians/Armenians/Irish) and have prospered in America so why cant they?

You can't put BLM on black people.

It's white upper middle class white America.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Which motherland would that be? The eclipsing majority of African Americans would have not the first clue what their country of original heritage would even be, with their cultural identity forcibly stripped from them across 4 centuries.

I also rubbish the idea that they aren’t perfectly entitled to petition for equality in America just because it happens to be America (or specifically here, not “starving in some mud hut”)

Stormfront logic.

Modern day African Americans should be thankful every day to be in a first world country with incredible opportunity and privilege rather than starving in some mud hut in West Africa.

The hatred and ignorance dripping from this post is quite something.

• Advertisement

Which motherland would that be? The eclipsing majority of African Americans would have not the first clue what their country of original heritage would even be, with their cultural identity forcibly stripped from them across 4 centuries.

I also rubbish the idea that they aren’t perfectly entitled to petition for equality in America just because it happens to be America (or specifically here, not “starving in some mud hut”)

Stormfront logic.

1. Africans were fairly good at the auld slavery to be fair. From the extremely far right source of Wikipedia : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa

Local slave trade
    Many nations such as the Bono State, Ashanti of present-day Ghana and the Yoruba of present-day Nigeria were involved in slave-trading.[53] Groups such as the Imbangala of Angola and the Nyamwezi of Tanzania would serve as intermediaries or roving bands, waging war on African states to capture people for export as slaves.[54] Historians John Thornton and Linda Heywood of Boston University have estimated that of the Africans captured and then sold as slaves to the New World in the Atlantic slave trade,[55] around 90% were enslaved by fellow Africans who sold them to European traders.[56] Henry Louis Gates, the Harvard Chair of African and African American Studies, has stated that "without complex business partnerships between African elites and European traders and commercial agents,[57] the slave trade to the New World would have been impossible, at least on the scale it occurred."[56]

The entire Bubi ethnic group descends from escaped intertribal slaves owned
    by various ancient West-central African ethnic groups.[58]

2.Petitioning? Slight understatament there... Is that what you call burning down homes and businesses, foregoing law and order and blaming all problems on people of a certain ethnic background. All on a misunderstanding of the statistics relating to police shootings

Any sensible African American would see through this bull**** and realise their community need to take a look interally and take at least partial responsibility for their problems.

The hatred and ignorance dripping from this post is quite something.

I have no hatred for African Americans, I have great respect for their contributions to Music, Sport, the Arts etc.

But they are very priveleged compared to a Modern day West African.

Try and tell an Asian American student applying to College that African Americans are disadvataged....

I have no hatred for African Americans, I have great respect for their contributions to Music, Sport, the Arts etc.

Massive wealth was built on their ancestors' backs literally, and developed an awful lot of white privilege, literally. You really do have a terrible grasp on history.

Those uppity blacks should be thankful for the scraps they get? That's the tone of your spiteful posts. If anyone is entitled to the benefits of living in the US then it is Black ancestors of the slaves whose inter-generational servitude helped build that country up as it did for the depraved colonists across the Irish Sea too.

Ignorance and hate really do go hand in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Try and tell an Asian American student applying to College that African Americans are disadvataged....

Asians outperform Blacks in every level of attained 3rd level education.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

1. Africans were fairly good at the auld slavery to be fair. From the extremely far right source of Wikipedia : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa

Local slave trade
    Many nations such as the Bono State, Ashanti of present-day Ghana and the Yoruba of present-day Nigeria were involved in slave-trading.[53] Groups such as the Imbangala of Angola and the Nyamwezi of Tanzania would serve as intermediaries or roving bands, waging war on African states to capture people for export as slaves.[54] Historians John Thornton and Linda Heywood of Boston University have estimated that of the Africans captured and then sold as slaves to the New World in the Atlantic slave trade,[55] around 90% were enslaved by fellow Africans who sold them to European traders.[56] Henry Louis Gates, the Harvard Chair of African and African American Studies, has stated that "without complex business partnerships between African elites and European traders and commercial agents,[57] the slave trade to the New World would have been impossible, at least on the scale it occurred."[56]

The entire Bubi ethnic group descends from escaped intertribal slaves owned
    by various ancient West-central African ethnic groups.[58]

2.Petitioning? Slight understatament there... Is that what you call burning down homes and businesses, foregoing law and order and blaming all problems on people of a certain ethnic background. All on a misunderstanding of the statistics relating to police shootings

Any sensible African American would see through this bull**** and realise their community need to take a look interally and take at least partial responsibility for their problems.

African slavery has nothing to do with this.

That some people are rioting doesn’t invalidate the right of others to protest.

And then the “no truth Scotsman” fallacy at the end there. Nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

Edit. I'm going to bow out of the thread now and let ye get back to it, I've broken one of my own sanity-retention rules by becoming involved at all.

OK, so you are running away.

nj27 wrote: »
    It's a complex matter, much more complex than slapping a one size fits all explanation of "systemic racism" on it and then figuring out things from there.

Since cities are burning and businesses are being destroyed because racist white cops apparently can't stop shooting black people, a good starting point is the 2017 study by Lott and Moody, which used one of the most comprehensive lists of police shootings ever compiled, found that white officers are not more likely to kill unarmed black suspects than black officers.

A 2018 study by Cesario et al found no systemic evidence of anti-black disparities in fatal shootings when data was adjusted by crime rate, a variable which obviously impacts your likelihood of interacting with or being shot by the police.

Other studies by Johnson et al (2019) and Goff et al (2016) had similar findings.

It could be argued that the number of black children growing up with a father is a bigger problem than the phantom injustices of racist murdering cops. Data reported by the United States census bureau shows that in excess of 57% of black children in America grow up without a father present, compared to 31% of Hispanic children, and 20% of white children. A compilation of the statistically measurable consequences of fatherless homes, which include poverty, drug and alcohol abuse, as well as physical and emotional health problems is not fun read. According to census bureau, the percentage of fatherless homes among the black population of the USA has also been steadily increasing since the 1960s, when it was closer to 20%. Black crime rates have also risen steadily since the 60s.

Other studies outside sociological questions focus on the testosterone levels and the presence of the 2-repeat allele of the monoamine oxidase A gene. Beaver et al (2013) found that African-American males who carry the 2-repeat allele are significantly more likely than all other genotypes to engage in shooting and stabbing behaviors and to report having multiple shooting and stabbing victims.

A 2014 meta-analysis found that blacks males have up to 5% more free testosterone (bio-available, unbound to other proteins) than white males. Higher levels of free testosterone has been linked to aggressive behaviour.

Like I said, it is a complex matter, but the current solution of blaming whitey and racism is not only nonsense, but dangerous and counterproductive nonsense.

Ignoring Illegal Aliens.
    And from experience from having 3 children in a American public school.
    Why do black students cause the most trouble in class.
    Why are they likely not to have homework done.
    Why are they most likely to be disciplined.
    If your answer is Racism, you don't know what your talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Ignoring Illegal Aliens.
    And from experience from having 3 children in a American public school.
    Why do black students cause the most trouble in class.
    Why are they likely not to have homework done.
    Why are they most likely to be disciplined.
    If your answer is Racism, you don't know what your talking about.

I had a shiver there imagining what your dinner table conversations are like.
    Wouldn't imagine there's much talk about empathy, difficult circumstances or challenges which some children face.

Your post in fact enforces that even as children, the die is cast for many and how they are going to be viewed in life. Quite chilling.

Is the lack of fathers present in Black communities linked to the war on drugs? My vague understanding is that in the 80's the sentencing for crack dealers resulted in a large number of young black males being incarcerated for decades. Also non-blacks tended to deal in cocaine at that time which was subject to less stringent punishment.
    From personal experience, working in Property management.
    Black men dump their pregnant girlfriends around the time of birth.
    No arrests involved.

Since there is a problem with black people no knowing their fathers, it leads to unintentional INCEST.
    Half sisters having sex with Half Brothers.

1..........2...........,.3..... Racism is to be Blamed.

• Advertisement

And if that hasn't happened in the current climate, with the current occupier of the WH, then it says a lot doesn't it.
    The bLM movement helped Trump get elected first time around.

Advertisement