Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,486 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

gozunda wrote: »
    So your OK with the 'wife beating' and 'misogynist' type name calling then ?

Grand so ... :pac: .

Nobody has been accused of being a wifebeater or a misogynist either.
    And yes people have been called 'racists' for daring to hold an alternate opinion in this thread

There have been many racist posts published on this thread, it's not simply a matter of "alternative opinion."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I see my post asking overheal to condemn the rioters has been ignored again....for the third time.

Tell me he does not have an agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Overheal wrote: »
    Nobody has been accused of being a wifebeater or a misogynist either.

So you didn’t read the quoted list provided no?
    undermining any advocacy for any group, female, black, migrant, traveller vociferously.anti-BLM, anti-feminism, anti-trans, crying about 'the left', wetting the bed over idiot university students, support for Trump, hatred of Greta Thunberg"

That fairly well covers a whole range of name calling idiocracy including misogyny etc

And yes as detailed it as parody of same. Dont like that no? Can't help you with that.
    There have been many racist posts published on this thread, it's not simply a matter of "alternative opinion."

Still defending the indefensible?

Nope - I'm referring to some very obvious poster bashing going on calling posters 'racist' Amazing you missed that ...

I'd suggest you put down the shovel, and walk away from the large hole you've just dug before you fall in head first...

I'd suggest you put down the shovel, and walk away from the large hole you've just dug before you fall in head first...

Is this your projection after accusing the wall of labeling users here fully paid up members of the KKK?

Guess we will have to part ways on this issue; I don't think your hyperbole has been constructive.

Is this your projection after accusing the wall of labeling users here fully paid up members of the KKK.Guess we will have to part ways on this issue; I don't think your hyperbole has been constructive.

Still digging? No my friend. Just the usual advice when someone tries to defend the indefensible.
    And you do understand that a parody of hyperbole does not equate to hyperbole yes? Grand so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I find it interesting that in the wake of the BLM movement being shown up on this thread as inherently racist, violent and invalid the pro BLM posters here are turning their attention to the character of those of us who have used logic and facts to pull apart their weak arguments.

Perhaps I could make a sweeping statement about their being a niche area for mental health professionals to investigate in relation to this but it seems like an idea that may well make me look like a self important pompous arse.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

nullzero wrote: »
    the character of those of us...

I just had a quick look back through a number of your posts on IMHO and not surprisingly they are Anti-BLM, anti-Greta Thunberg, anti-Statue removal, anti-'cancel culture'.

I'm sorry the truth hurts your feelings but there would be a number of you guys whose posts would make interesting case studies for researchers/psychologists because it does indicate a personality trait.

°°°°°

I just had a quick look back through a number of your posts on IMHO and not surprisingly they are Anti-BLM, anti-Greta Thunberg, anti-Statue removal, anti-'cancel culture'.

I'm sorry the truth hurts your feelings but there would be a number of you guys whose posts would make interesting case studies for researchers/psychologists because it does indicate a personality trait.

An interesting personality trait you seem to be possessed of is an inability to understand facts, particularly facts that show up your opinions as being without any value.
    It's interesting that feelings and emotions carry more weight when people on your side of the argument are presented with cold hard facts.

Equally a number of posters you would appear to be on the "same side" as here post things that are pro everything you listed above,what does it prove beyond the fact that people have differing opinions?

All this talk of researchers and psychologists being interested in case studies based on people you disagree with is indicative to an insane degree of narcissistic tendencies, you disagree with someone so obviously scientists would be able to conclusively prove that they are wrong wrong wrong.

I'm sorry pal, but this attempt at painting people as unreasonable in the wake of this BLM movement having been proven to be a joke by people employing logic and using factual evidence is a pathetic attempt to "win" the discussion.

Glazers Out!

"You guys" lol

So some people have different opinions to you. And may not 'love greta'. God save us! Can't have that can we eh?

Maybe forced re-education camps would suit to make others think otherwise - wha ya reckon?

I'd also reckon a study on intolerance towards others would make a much more interesting study ...

Edit:

Apologies null you bet me to it ...

An interesting personality trait you seem to be possessed of is an inability to understand facts, particularly facts that show up your opinions as being without any value.
    It's interesting that feelings and emotions carry more weight when people on your side of the argument are presented with cold hard facts.

Equally a number of posters you would appear to be on the "same side" as here post things that are pro everything you listed above,what does it prove beyond the fact that people have differing opinions.

All this talk of researchers and psychologists being interested in case studies based on people you disagree with is indicative to an insane degree of narcissistic tendencies, you disagree with someone so obviously scientists would be able to conclusively prove that they are wrong wrong wrong.

I'm sorry pal, but this attempt at painting people as unreasonable in the wake of this BLM movement having been proven to be a joke by people employing logic and using factual evidence is a pathetic attempt to "win" the discussion.

You kinda sound like Ben Shapiro, are you a fan of his?

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

You kinda sound like Ben Shapiro, are you a fan of his?

I'll give you this much, you're nothing if not consistent. In this case it isn't a compliment.

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭TheFactMan

I see my post asking overheal to condemn the rioters has been ignored again....for the third time.

Tell me he does not have an agenda

To be honest you arent the first to point this out, multiple users have its clear to anyone that interacts with them for more than 5 min how biased they are.

The fact that they think nobody notices this bias is the hilarious thing :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭TheFactMan

Seems like a pretty level headed person,

Doesn't want to mindlessly tear down historical statues on a whim,

Doesn't take Climate change advice from an emotionally charged child,

Doesn't try end peoples lively hood and career because they have a different opinion.

It honestly hilariously enough says more about you and people like you than the person you tried to bash.

TheFactMan wrote: »
    Seems like a pretty level headed person, Doesn't want to mindlessly tear down historical statues on a whim, Doesn't take Climate change advice from an emotionally charged child, Doesn't try end peoples lively hood and career because they have a different opinion.

Haha! Talk about the 'new guy' here proving my point on a certain personality type who line up on number of 'anti' issues.

You couldn't make it up.

me.gif

°°°°°

Haha! Talk about the 'new guy' here proving my point on a certain personality type who line up on number of 'anti' issues.

You couldn't make it up.

me.gif

I think this has run its course at this stage don't you?

Glazers Out!

You've probably reported me in an attempt to have me 'cancelled' from the thread? :pac:

Edit: I'm out now anyway. Enjoy.

Tis kinda sad tbh. Simply comes across as bitter. Discussion it ain't for sure.

Anyway back to topic. Looks like US prosecutors are starting to deal with some of the violence and rioting with those charged with criminal incidents now being prosecuted by state authorities.
    “Agitators at the May 30 protest in downtown Las Vegas allegedly damaged a federal courthouse and threatened to attack a law enforcement officer,” Nevada U.S. Attorney Nicholas Trutanich said in a news release. “These cases should reinforce that our office will protect lawful First Amendment activity — while also upholding the rule of law by prosecuting those who would incite and escalate violence, vandalism, and destruction.”

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/courts/5-charged-with-damaging-federal-buildings-during-blm-protest-2123868/

Tis kinda sad tbh. Simply comes across as bitter. Discussion it ain't for sure.

Anyway back to topic. Looks like US prosecutors are starting to deal with some of the violence and rioting with those charged with criminal incidents now being prosecuted by state authorities.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/courts/5-charged-with-damaging-federal-buildings-during-blm-protest-2123868/

Prosecutions have been occurring all along. Sounds like these 5 had just finally been identified

°°°°°

You've probably reported me in an attempt to have me 'cancelled' from the thread? :pac:

Edit: I'm out now anyway. Enjoy.

As it happens I didn't report you.
    I was just stating the obvious.
    All the best.

Glazers Out!

Prosecutions have been occurring all along. Sounds like these 5 had just finally been identified

OK. If that's the case it kinda goes against the idea being pushed by some posters of nothing to see and its all peaceful or wtte.

Whatever about some hating the police - it gives no one the right to break the actual law by way of retribution. Think they need to come down fairly hard on this tbh.

• Advertisement

OK. If that's the case it kinda goes against the idea being pushed by some posters of nothing to see and its all peacefull or wtte.

Whatever about some hating the police - it gives no one the right to break the actual law by way of retribution. Think they need to come down fairly hard on this tbh.

Of course nobody has a right to break the law?

I thought it was well understood curfew violators, looters, rioters, etc. have been getting arrested at these protests from the very beginning.

Of course nobody has a right to break the law?

I thought it was well understood curfew violators, looters, rioters, etc. have been getting arrested at these protests from the very beginning.

Well glad you agree with that.

Well glad you agree with that.

He's been on the side of the police from day one..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Asians do not count?

Lol. Go to bed man, you're embarrassing yourself. You think you can exclude a whole sector of society just because it invalidated your point.

This is why, you believe Asians don't count.
    Thomas Jefferson STEM HS in the DC suburbs of Virginia has test only admissions.
    Here is a school that is only 17% white, 83% non white, but they are changing the admissions to increase “Diversity”
    The problem is 73% of admissions are Asians.
    Asians don’t count when it comes to “Diversity” I consider them in the Diversity” group, but Liberals do not.
    Fewer than ten Black students were offered admission= that’s the problem.

Facts
    https://www.fcps.edu/news/tjhsst-offers-admission-486-students
    Nice article
    https://www.washingtonian.com/2020/09/16/thomas-jefferson-high-school-could-switch-to-a-merit-lottery-for-admission/

The native americans that the country belonged to were systematically murdered
    Their land taken, and I believe were just as long waiting for the right to vote as black people.

they were treated far worse, yet where is the native americans lives matter ?

Where is the jewish lives matter ?

Where is the arabs lives matter ? the arabs are treated like dirt and almost everyone seen as a terrorist.

But only black lives matter......and now tell me there is not an inherent victim complex

Support Irish Lives Matter
    https://www.amazon.com/Irish-Lives-Matter-T-Shirt-Colors/dp/B07N5SJQ2H

There is a few Irish people that wear them
    Me included

So you support immigration for reasons that the country someone was born in is a bad place?

Will you spread the message to your conservative buddies screaming for a wall.

There you again.

If black people are so oppressed, why don't they leave. Canada has a very Liberal policy towards immigration.

Because, if you abuse and beat someone for months, years, the fact that you are then nice to them over a single topic does not undo all the injustice which they experienced.

And also, and once again, this current proclamation of 'Discrimination is wrong, end of' I'm going to take with a pinch of salt when I am only hearing it in relation to cases where black communities (or females, or disabled people, or migrants etc on other threads) are receiving some support to get to any way close to the position which their white peers have enjoyed for years.

People couldn't give a sh*t about equal rights for others, they just don't want to see specific efforts to help black people and it is very obvious that this is the case.

So you are agreeing with this Lad. Discrimination is OK, if you have a good reason.

Ef6twAyXsAEFuEl.jpeg?resize=979%2C529&ssl=1

More prejudice with no evidence other than years of indoctrination to expect to be able to see the world in a specific way.
    indoctrination? who indoctrinated me.
    Is there a App for that.

There you again.

If black people are so oppressed, why don't they leave. Canada has a very Liberal policy towards immigration.

They’re Americans with a constitutional right to free speech. They’re not obligated to go anywhere.

I doubt you’d really encourage eg. Middle easterners to leave their countries “if they’re so oppressed” and coming to Liberal Ireland. If I’m not mistaken there’s actually widespread opposition to them doing exactly that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Please show me just 2 of these many racist posts.

or is this yet another of your wild fabrications you constantly make up.

Lets see if you can back up your claims

Advertisement