Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Overheal wrote: »
    I see it elsewhere as well. During the suffrage movement affluent women even campaigned against women's rights because it would upset their status as unemployed homemakers.
    While you’re at it, bring up Daniel O'Connell and Catholic emancipation

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

While you’re at it, bring up Daniel O'Connell and Catholic emancipation

Not familiar with who that is but yes throughout history, up to the modern day, you will find people who oppose equality because it upsets their own status.

I'm ok with that, it's a better vision than the one of a guy on the outskirts of Boston indoctrinating his kids in racial stereotyping.

When I ask my children, how there day was at school, they answer.
    Should they lie to me, just to keep you happy.

When you have kids yourself, you might understand.

• Advertisement

You've probably reported me in an attempt to have me 'cancelled' from the thread? :pac:

Edit: I'm out now anyway. Enjoy.
    So, you are running away for the second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So, you are running away for the second time.

They'll be back, sparkling and refreshed, with no memory of previous exchanges

• Registered Users Posts: 21,700 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

When I ask my children, how there day was at school, they answer.
    Should they lie to me, just to keep you happy.

When you have kids yourself, you might understand.

How would me having or not having kids impact on my understanding on the picture you have painted from your views here and your expression of the way classmates of your kids behave?

gozunda wrote: »
    Well I'm replying directly to your comment attacking those with whom you dont agree with.

Don't shoot the messenger because you don't like the message...

How is it that you still haven't grasped that someone disagreeing with you does not equate to them attacking you?

Is it because you feel hurt when the fallacy of your argument is pointed out?

Arguing with some people here, one is reminded that you can't reason someone out of a position they haven't reasoned themselves into..

• Advertisement

Arguing with some people here, one is reminded that you can't reason someone out of a position they haven't reasoned themselves into..

Maybe you are unaware of the various stories which have made the use over the last several years showing cops use excessive and disproportionate force against black people which has resulted in several of them dying.

Or is it that you don't see such action as a valid reason for calling for a change in how policing works in the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Please show me just 2 of these many racist posts.

or is this yet another of your wild fabrications you constantly make up.

Lets see if you can back up your claims

I've followed this thread for quite a while. The cries of racism get very tiresome.

I've followed this thread for quite a while. The cries of racism get very tiresome.

How do you think people who experience racism feel?

How do you think people who experience racism feel?

About the cries of racism in this thread? Probably that it trivializes the actual racism they've encountered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Danno wrote: »
    Lady came on the radio this morning. 98FM Dublin City.

Basically she was complaining that her car was impounded cause she was driving on a provisional licence, without a full licence holder beside her in the car and also with motor tax that was six months expired.

Her gripe was that the two personnel checkpoint who impounded her car also waved on a driver who was on a provisional and had no full licence driver beside her.

I turned to the wife and said, how long before racism by the Guards is alleged. She looked puzzled at my assertation.

I had barely finished my sentence.

Try watching tonights Late Late Show to see how woke RTE and Irish media has become.
    The whole show was a box ticking exercise in wokism and race baiting.
    A black singer suffering racism, the Asian ethnicity Mayor of Dublin suffering racism, a US political spiel piece with Gloria Estefan, a Covid fearmongering piece.
    Its patronising and deeply insulting to viewers, shoving this garbage down their throats.

Its patronising and deeply insulting to viewers,..

This.. the whole level of debate.. just across the board is just so depressingly low..

If you don't agree with BLM burning the place down you're a racist.. it's just so remedial..

If you don't agree with BLM burning the place down you're a racist.. it's just so remedial..

Who agrees with anyone burning the place down? :confused:

About the cries of racism in this thread? Probably that it trivializes the actual racism they've encountered.

So, the posts which were removed, and the users which were banned for posting racist comments on here didn't actually happen did they?

Try watching tonights Late Late Show to see how woke RTE and Irish media has become.
    The whole show was a box ticking exercise in wokism and race baiting.
    A black singer suffering racism, the Asian ethnicity Mayor of Dublin suffering racism, a US political spiel piece with Gloria Estefan, a Covid fearmongering piece.
    Its patronising and deeply insulting to viewers, shoving this garbage down their throats.

Why is it insulting to viewers to hear how their fellow citizens have been racially abused? Why do you have a problem with people collectively saying that we do not want to have unacceptable behaviour go unchallenged?

I'm very interested in your answers.

This.. the whole level of debate.. just across the board is just so depressingly low..

Except they haven't have they?

• Advertisement

So, the posts which were removed, and the users which were banned for posting racist comments on here didn't actually happen did they?

If they pretend they don't exist they don't exist.

You're conflating two different things:
    1. Yes, posts were removed and users were banned.
    2. Nobody that's engaged in discussion here has been racist.

You're conflating two different things:
    1. Yes, posts were removed and users were banned.
    2. Nobody that's engaged in discussion here has been racist.

I'm sorry but you don't get to claim there was no racism on the thread just because it was removed.

Your first point in fact acknowledges that it happened. The people who were looking for evidence of that will maybe listen to you.

Overheal wrote: »
    If they pretend they don't exist they don't exist.

They did better than that, acknowledged that they were there but tried to suggest that as they were removed there was no evidence of racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Why is it insulting to viewers to hear how their fellow citizens have been racially abused? Why do you have a problem with people collectively saying that we do not want to have unacceptable behaviour go unchallenged?

I'm very interested in your answers.

I don't have a problem with people speaking about how they have been abused.
    Everything in moderation is fine.

One piece on racism would have been adequate but the whole tone of the show was heavy handed and condescending.
    It was propaganda, nothing subtle about it, like repeatedly hitting someone over the head with a sledge hammer to try and get across a point.

The black singer was also an airhead, which didn't help.

I don't have a problem with people speaking about how they have been abused.
    Everything in moderation is fine.

One piece on racism would have been adequate but the whole tone of the show was heavy handed and condescending.
    It was propaganda, nothing subtle about it, like repeatedly hitting someone over the head with a sledge hammer to try and get across a point.

The black singer was also an airhead, which didn't help.

Evidence would suggest that that is necessary given the prevalence of racism many still experience.

I'm sorry but you don't get to claim there was no racism on the thread just because it was removed.

Your first point in fact acknowledges that it happened. The people who were looking for evidence of that will maybe listen to you.

What's the most racist thing you can recall from this thread? I'm not expecting links or anything.

They did better than that, acknowledged that they were there but tried to suggest that as they were removed there was no evidence of racism.

That's completely inaccurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

How is it that you still haven't grasped that someone disagreeing with you does not equate to them attacking you?Is it because you feel hurt when the fallacy of your argument is pointed out?

Sigh.

You've ask previously "how is it that people get annoyed" with your comments.

Let me take you back to what another poster detailed about those comments in their reply to you ...
    Calling you out when you're wrong, as they view it, doesnt take them annoyed or members of whatever extremists group you label them with.

Whatever validity your ideas might have, gets dismissed because you choose to be so insulting.

That was in response to this type of garbage posted by you.
    People on Boards who go from thread to thread undermining any advocacy for any group, female, black, migrant, traveller vociferously...

Your comments notably fail to discuss the topic raised - rather you attempt to dismiss all those with whom you disagree with by flinging ****e. In essence those comments come across as little more than deranged tbh.

And yes as pointed out elsewhere such comments are frequently 'insulting and dismissive in response to others'. 

Not my comment pointing that out btw

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    Sigh.

You've ask previously "how is it that people get annoyed" with your comments.

Let me take you back to what another poster detailed about those comments in their reply to you ...

That was in response to this type of garbage posted by you.

Your comments notably fail to discuss the topic raised - rather you attempt to dismiss all those with whom you disagree with by flinging ****e. In essence those comments come across as little more than deranged tbh.

And yes as pointed out elsewhere such comments are frequently 'insulting and dismissive in response to others'. 

Not just my comment pointing that out btw

I'm not going to ignore the content which posters post across various threads which paints a picture of their ideals and views. I mean that is literally how we form opinions of people in the real world, we take the information which they offer and context in which they offer it and do just that, form an opinion.

Your bar for what constitutes insulting is extremely low on one hand but not so low that you think the term garbage is insulting. Do you even see the hypocrisy or do you just ignore it or do you just go with the 'do as I say, not as I do approach?

Either way, I'll keep it in mind for a retort which won't have you feeling insulted in future.

Advertisement