Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,701 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I'd guarantee he'd absolutely be outraged at police treating anyone in unacceptable ways. For you to suggest otherwise is out of order and without justification.

How can you guarantee that?

They have 60 posts on the thread, wanna guess how many of them are suggesting police behaviour is unacceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

How can you guarantee that?

They have 60 posts on the thread, wanna guess how many of them are suggesting police behaviour is unacceptable?

So we must share your subjective sense of what's acceptable police behavior, or else it's evidence we care more about dogs than people? Yeah that's fair.

Less of the character assassination attempts please. Thanks.

9 posts don't matter. Good luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

A few teams in English football have stopped bending the knee. Sky Sports News/Comcast were losing their **** over it. One of the clubs were QPR. A club that named their stadium after a young black kid that was stabbed and have a black director of football.

I saw that. If that doesn’t show it’s not about societal change but just box ticking and slavish following of a trend - nothing will.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

If only you had a tenth of the outrage over police treating black people in unacceptable ways as you do when there is a dog involved.

Strange comment to profess a desire to use such violence while being against people protesting unacceptable police behaviour.

is that what you see in that video ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

If only you had a tenth of outrage over police treating black people in unacceptable ways as you do when there is a dog involved.

Strange comment to profess a desire to use such violence while being against people protesting unacceptable police behavior.

Again the mental gymnastics.

If only you had a ounce of the outrage over black people being killed by other black people in the very same way you do when a white person involved in the death of a black person.....

The usual melodramatic comment that displays such a fragile outrage, which again exposes such a profound desire and acceptance for violence to be used against those who don't share their warped ideology, regardless of their ethnicity etc. all under the guise of "protest"

The video of the thugs attacking the car with a animal in it (do you not care about the well-being of animals?) is not protesting unacceptable police behavior. Its violence and intimidation. How you read my post and came out with your response is commical.

I'm sure you're dying to tell us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

With so many US athletes mindlessly jumping on the whole BLM thing in an attempt to virtue signal, good to see at least one use their platform to condemn them:

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkie/status/1307541023292350469

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

With so many US athletes mindlessly jumping on the whole BLM thing in an attempt to virtue signal, good to see at least one use their platform to condemn them:

lol virtue signal you say?

https://twitter.com/ColbyCovMMA/status/1307535742516649984

Stupid Americans, every side.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

So we must share your subjective sense of what's acceptable police behavior, or else it's evidence we care more about dogs than people? Yeah that's fair.

Less of the character assassination attempts please. Thanks.

Isn’t that also the standard model as for other forms of online shaming all the way up to call-out culture, cancellation (another form of character assassination) and doxing?

And the peculiar thing about such 'shaming' is that there is no need to have necessarily committed any social transgression other than simply holding and voicing a different opinion.

Modern day witch finding more or less ...

gozunda wrote: »
    Isn’t that also the standard model as for other forms of online shaming all the way up to call-out culture, cancellation (another form of character assassination) and doxing?

And the peculiar thing about such 'shaming' is that there is no need to have necessarily committed any social transgression other than simply holding and voicing a different opinion.

Modern day witch finding more or less ...

It comes across as a combination of discrediting you so they don't need to defend against the merit of your argument, and an attempt to antagonize/goad you into reacting badly in the hope that you discredit yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

It's great to see people finally coming out of the woods and speak out, enough with BLM and fear of being cancelled

Very few celebrities, Z list or otherwise, so far willing to speak out which is a shame - all have an eye on how it would affect their careers - just shows you the power that the left have in Western Society when so many within the Entertainment Industry are afraid to say what they think.

Few notable exceptions are people whose careers are on the slide maybe and they have nothing to lose perhaps. James Woods, Dean Cain, Kirstie Alley are a few that come to mind that would fit that description of stars of yesteryear who most likely aren't afraid of speaking out now as they no longer rely on box office numbers any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Leftiness is on its way out - probably by this decade. They arent breeding anywhere near as much as traditionally moderate/ conservative people.

The pendulum is swinging back to the right with enough room for the sensibly liberal. Historians will no doubt look back on this period..from 2005 to perhaps 2025/2030...and scratch their heads.

Its the end of the post WW2 order and the start of something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,491 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

^ that’s pretty far fetched. As if to say for instance, without making this topic personal bickering again, that my parents or my OHs parents are liberals or progressives. Rest assured that’s not the case and political views are not genetically inherited. As if to suggest you can “breed out” progressivism, which is tic for tock throughout history.

Overheal wrote: »
    ^ that’s pretty far fetched. As if to say for instance, without making this topic personal bickering again, that my parents or my OHs parents are liberals or progressives. Rest assured that’s not the case and political views are not genetically inherited. As if to suggest you can “breed out” progressivism, which is tic for tock throughout history.

Presumably that's why they said "...with enough room for the sensibly liberal".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

More threatening behaviour from the tolerate Left.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1307607516184895488

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

statesaver wrote: »

Who the **** are these arrogant gob****es to DEMAND that??? “So we know you’re cool”. F*** you!!!!

Imagine the reaction if MAGA hat wearing mobs behaved how these lunatics behaved, demanding people say Trump is their President, or they wouldn't let them go.

That there are so many young people in Western Society (not just "Merica") today that behave like spoiled deranged brats with little or no respect for people who disagree with them, let alone authority, surely tells us that something was amiss with regards to their upbringing and education, perhaps both.

It's shocking how many of them, particularly white kids, and in such huge numbers too, that you will hear saying demeaning things about white people in general. How can we not therefore come to the logical conclusion that some form of indoctrination has taken place, to affect how these last two generations saw their own race and history.

Hey, at least they spoke to them face to face.

https://twitter.com/SenSherrodBrown/status/1273073782350139392

And yes, that is police officers standing 8 ft away as a guy gets punched from behind and ignoring it.

The words are utterly meaningless if they're spoken under duress.

• Advertisement

Imagine the reaction if MAGA hat wearing mobs behaved how these lunatics behaved, demanding people say Trump is their President, or they wouldn't let them go.

That there are so many young people in Western Society (not just "Merica") today that behave like spoiled deranged brats with little or no respect for people who disagree with them, let alone authority, surely tells us that something was amiss with regards to their upbringing and education, perhaps both.

It's shocking how many of them, particularly white kids, and in such huge numbers too, that you will hear saying demeaning things about white people in general. How can we not therefore come to the logical conclusion that some form of indoctrination has taken place, to affect how these last two generations saw their own race and history.

You mean like this?

https://twitter.com/feliciasonmez/status/1306671119114604544

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Gaining Trump votes in a big way anytime this sort of stuff happens.

Hey, at least they spoke to them face to face.

https://twitter.com/SenSherrodBrown/status/1273073782350139392

And yes, that is police officers standing 8 ft away as a guy gets punched from behind and ignoring it.

Yeah, that is totally unacceptable. The assaulter absolutely should be dealt with by the police.

Yeah, that is totally unacceptable. The assaulter absolutely should be dealt with by the police.

And any police force who stands by while such a thing happens needs to be looked at, wouldn't you agree?

And any police force who stands by while such a thing happens needs to be looked at, wouldn't you agree?

Absolutely.

Absolutely.

Excellent, more support for overcoming unacceptable police behaviour.

Of course. Didn't you read us all complaining on the Antifa thread about how cops often used to stand by while they were being violent?? What makes you think any of us would think what that c**t did was okay then? None of us would, obviously.

That's being implemented to address exactly what I am referring to.

Excellent, more support for overcoming unacceptable police behaviour.

I'm in support of overcoming unacceptable police. I just don't agree that the likes of what happened to George Floyd was racially motivated.

That's being implemented to address exactly what I am referring to.

I remember a time when people in Western countries used to look at overt state mandated patriotism in the likes of China and North Korea and think that that was a dangerous thing.

• Advertisement

I'm in support of overcoming unacceptable police. I just don't agree that the likes of what happened to George Floyd was racially motivated.

I'm not going to try to convince you that it categorically was. We've all seen the video, there is no definitive proof that it was.

I just see it as a positive that you are in favour of unacceptable behaviour being highlighted and action taken to overcome it if and when it occurs.

Advertisement