Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

The words are utterly meaningless if they're spoken under duress.

I love your username. Well done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

I'm in support of overcoming unacceptable police. I just don't agree that the likes of what happened to George Floyd was racially motivated.

It wasn't racially motivated. They knew and hated each other. But when a death can be spun for a Marxist communist advantage they jumped all over it.

The one thing BLM need to do is find better martyrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

statesaver wrote: »
    It wasn't racially motivated. They knew and hated each other. But when a death can be spun for a Marxist communist advantage they jumped all over it.

Jussie Smollett?

Bubba Wallace?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,701 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Hang on. What?
    And people are trying to defend the police in this case?

Really? Think about that.

Like Breonna Taylor and Tamir Rice?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Biker79 wrote: »
    Leftiness is on its way out - probably by this decade. They arent breeding anywhere near as much as traditionally moderate/ conservative people.

The pendulum is swinging back to the right with enough room for the sensibly liberal. Historians will no doubt look back on this period..from 2005 to perhaps 2025/2030...and scratch their heads.

Its the end of the post WW2 order and the start of something else.

The richer a society is, the stronger its left will be. The more working class, the weaker it will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

In all fairness the tactics they used in breonna taylors shooting is ridiculous beyond belief, an unannounced forced entry, what kind of stupid dangerous way is that to arrest somebody, if somebody broke into your house in the middle of the night and you had gun in the bed beside you the vast majority of people would use it so don't know how the police thought that was a sensible tactic as they could have and maybe rightly received fire back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.thepostmillennial.com/leftists-still-seek-justice-for-jussie-smollett-and-all-targeted-by-police-misconduct
    BLM activists are still "demanding justice" for alleged hate crime hoaxer Jussie Smollett, now claiming that his grand jury indictment on six charges of filing false reports is proof of racism in the legal system.

Hang on. What?

He followed procedure and training and did that when the very big junkie had been fighting and resisting arrest.

Unfortunately, for the junkie, he died as his body gave out.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    In all fairness the tactics they used in breonna taylors shooting is ridiculous beyond belief, an unannounced forced entry, what kind of stupid dangerous way is that to arrest somebody, if somebody broke into your house in the middle of the night and you had gun in the bed beside you the vast majority of people would use it so don't know how the police thought that was a sensible tactic as they could have and maybe rightly received fire back.

The same people who support that method of police activity, also strongly support the ideal of using a weapon to protect yourself against a home invader.

Danzy wrote: »
    He followed procedure and training and did that when the very big junkie had been fighting and resisting arrest.

Unfortunately, for the junkie, he died as his body gave out.

Hence the calls for such procedures and training to change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,491 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There's already been character assassination of Taylor, and yes, there was even character assassination of Rice going as far as to blame his death on his parents' criminal records. A child. I even see there are some news articles that felt it important to report a 12-year old did not, in fact, have any drugs in their system.

Don't underestimate the ability of people to ad hominem the **** out of avoiding the real issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Overheal wrote: »
    There's already been character assassination of Taylor, and yes, there was even character assassination of Rice going as far as to blame his death on his parents' criminal records. A child. I even see there are some news articles that felt it important to report a 12-year old did not, in fact, have any drugs in their system.

Don't underestimate the ability of people to ad hominem the **** out of avoiding the real issue.

What character assassination is that? Pointing out the evidence of her involvement in drug trafficking?

Hence the calls for such procedures and training to change.

That restraint shouldn't be used but it is not the reason Floyd died.

Danzy wrote: »
    That restraint shouldn't be used but it is not the reason Floyd died.

This should interest you
    George Floyd’s Autopsy and the Structural Gaslighting of America
    The weaponization of medical language emboldened white supremacy with the authority of the white coat. How will we stop it from happening again?
    By Monday, June 1, in the context of widespread political pressure, the public received two reports: the preliminary autopsy report commissioned by Floyd’s family by private doctors, and—shortly thereafter—a summary of the preliminary autopsy from the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office. Both reports stated that the cause of Floyd’s death was homicide: death at the hands of another.

Hang on. What?

Was not motivated by race.

About Breonna Taylor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh9Czx1cmnk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTE6y7bVCgY

BLM are calling for acton to stop the unnecessary deaths of black people at the hands of police officers.

Are you saying that such deaths aren't a problem? Or that they are only a problem if they have are categorically shown to as a consequence of explicit racism?

Also, do you understand what the term institutional racism means?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

seems after the dust settles and the outrage a lot of people shot or killed by the police are active violent criminals with many convictions

strange that

What character assassination is that? Pointing out the evidence of her involvement in drug trafficking?

Yes yes and pointing out the evidence of Tamir Rice's parent's criminal records. :rolleyes:

All to belittle the fact that their deaths were indefensible.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    seems after the dust settles and the outrage a lot of people shot or killed by the police are active violent criminals with many convictions

strange that

Breonna Taylor
    Tamir Rice

Yes yes and pointing out the evidence of Tamir Rice's parent's criminal records. :rolleyes:

he is not talking about tamir rice is he ?

• Advertisement

he is not talking about tamir rice is he ?

You're nitpicking for no reason. I don't think anyone is confused by the conversation here.

Breonna Taylor
    Tamir Rice

are we going around again ? ?

do I have to go find the many times posted link showing Miss taylor active involvement in drug trafficking , and point out that her fella was blasting away at the cops she was shot

You're nitpicking for no reason. I don't think anyone is confused by the conversation here.

wondering why you didn't leap to the defence of the drug trafficker though ?

are we going around again ? ?

do I have to go find the many times posted link showing Miss taylor active involvement in drug trafficking , and point out that her fella was blasting away at the cops she was show ,

You can save yourself the trouble by considering if any such event warranted her being shot and killed while lying bed.

You can save yourself the trouble by considering if any such event warranted her being shot and killed while lying bed.

who started shooting ?

criminality has consequences ,

if she wasn't involved in what she was involved in she would be alive correct ?

The evidence is what it is. Doesn't mean she deserved to die by any means, but if her BF started firing through the door when the police announced themselves, what course of action does that leave to the cops? What do you expect them to do at that point?

From what I've read it was a serious failure on the police's part in execution for this raid, and a failure on the part of the officers to fire their guns without proper id of their target.

BLM are calling for acton to stop the unnecessary deaths of black people at the hands of police officers.

Are you saying that such deaths aren't a problem? Or that they are only a problem if they have are categorically shown to as a consequence of explicit racism?

Also, do you understand what the term institutional racism means?

Watch the videos.

You sound very closed minded and live in an echo chamber.

Rollox .

you just shifted the goalposts and did so badly ,

She wasn't in bed though.

• Advertisement

She wasn't in bed though.

You say that like her being shot 8 times was justified.

Advertisement