Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

So you think the police who shot Breonna Taylor should be charged?

No, they were serving a legitimate no knock warrant. She chose to become a cheap modern day gangster’s moll - you live by the etc ..

• Registered Users Posts: 83,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Do they? Really ???

Or are the BLM morons and their social media happy pals going to criticise every single arrest of a black killer on the basis of “systemic racism” ???

Don't appear to have, no. Not really making a measured argument in that post, though.

No, they were serving a legitimate no knock warrant.

For someone they already had in custody? In plain clothes? No recording devices? No EMTs?

I don't see the point in trying to defend the raid as lawful when not only has Louisville swiftly outlawed the practice of no knock warrants but many other municipalities and jurisdictions across the US have as well, with bills introduced in Congress to do the same federally. Clearly, there is broad condemnation of the 'lawful' practice. Something being lawful does not automatically make it moral, correct, or just.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

No, they were serving a legitimate no knock warrant. She chose to become a cheap modern day gangster’s moll - you live by the etc ..

So would you support vigilantism?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Deflecting the question asked Tmh? Ive grown to expect no less...

Please Answer - Who is Claiming the deaths are "justified' or is that just more stirring the pot again?

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    Deflecting the question asked Tmh? Ive grown to expect no less...

Please Answer - Who is Claiming the deaths are "justified' or is that just more stirring the pot again?

From literally just 4 posts before yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Overheal wrote: »
    ^ that’s pretty far fetched. As if to say for instance, without making this topic personal bickering again, that my parents or my OHs parents are liberals or progressives. Rest assured that’s not the case and political views are not genetically inherited. As if to suggest you can “breed out” progressivism, which is tic for tock throughout history.

Thats not correct.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-genes-of-left-and-right/

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-genetics-of-politics/

Which implies that leftiness is generally an envoirmental influence/ hybrid inheritance from the swinging 60's boomers.

It will weed itself out because they tend not to have kids, generally speaking. Moderates and conservative are more fertile. The data on that is clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

No, but no knock warrants should be done away with.

Personally if I had a gun nearby and people burst into my home I'd try kill everyone of them.

Her boyfriend was a piece of shi7 but I wouldn't blame him for shooting.

With regard to police shootings, its amazing so few unarmed are shot in America, given its population, crime rates and saturation with guns.

That's only down to successful reforms to date.

Other reforms need implementing no doubt.

Biker79 wrote: »
    Thats not correct.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-genetics-of-politics/

Which implies that leftiness is generally an envoirmental influence/ hybrid inheritance from the swinging 60's boomers.

It will weed itself out because they tend not to have kids, generally speaking. Moderates and conservative are more fertile. The data on that is clear.

Societal evolution throughout history has for the most part moved towards more inclusion, more fairness, more supports for those who needed them has it not?

Hard to look at that and suggest such ideals will be weeded out, although they are certainly under threat within the current phase of populism and overt nationalism.

"Fowler adds that his team’s work does not suggest that genetics can determine whom people will vote for, only whether or not they are likely to vote. He also emphasizes that environment most likely plays a significant role in voting: “There is still a lot we can do to shape political behavior in spite of our genetic tendencies.”

Doesn't apply to what I said then.

• Advertisement

"Fowler adds that his team’s work does not suggest that genetics can determine whom people will vote for, only whether or not they are likely to vote. He also emphasizes that environment most likely plays a significant role in voting: “There is still a lot we can do to shape political behavior in spite of our genetic tendencies.”

Doesn't apply to what I said then.

If you read it, it says the genetics play a dominant role in political leanings, with environment a ' significant ' but secondary role.

You said political leanings are not inherited.

Post 4601 Gozunda, or do you want me to cut and paste?

No Tmh - your post 4601 from the 2nd of September does not answer why rather than condeming this type of blm thuggery today you posted your own video and demanded posters condem that instead

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1307607516184895488[/quote]

So do you condem the behaviour in this video - or is it that posting some other video excuses it?

If you read it, it says the genetics play a dominant role in political leanings, with environment a ' significant ' but secondary role.

You said political leanings are not inherited.

The article says nothing about political leanings, the study was focused on behavior specifically of voter turnout. I even quoted the exact passage where they made this disclaimer.

Societal evolution throughout history has for the most part moved towards more inclusion, more fairness, more supports for those who needed them has it not?

Hard to look at that and suggest such ideals will be weeded out, although they are certainly under threat within the current phase of populism and overt nationalism.

I'm taking about the Antifa/ BLM/ cultural marxism brand of leftiness - yes it will weed itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Regarding solutions to the BLM demands I would simply use logic. The solution is so unbelievably simple. Solutions come forth when you take all the nonsense out of the situation.

In the 80s the American military spent an astronomical amount of money trying to develop a pen that would write in space in zero gravity. The greatest minds in science. All the government officials were involved in finding the program. Yet despite the massive amount of funding they never quite figured it out. The Russians used a pencil.
    So for BLM instead of focusing on getting the world to change for you why not try changing yourself and see what happens? I mean you keep telling us that nothings changed in 400 years, everyone is against you, society is actively trying to stop you going forward. There’s large amounts of accusations and blame being thrown around. Yet nothing has changed. I’ve heard this since I was a kid over and over and over. Let’s get a solution. I’m on your team. I’d love for you to get a solution but I don’t think we are going to get one using current methods. It hasn’t worked ever. Let’s try something new. There’s nothing to lose.

So why not focus on transforming your own situation, commit to your own personal elevation. Stay away from blame and take personal responsibility for your situation. Concentrate on including yourself in instead of excuses on why you are left out. Stop giving your kids lead boots by telling them no one likes them. Tell them the world
    Loves them. Go into therapy. Study the culture you came from. Take your power back.
    This is exactly what I did so I know it works.

Get rid of affirmative action and all that nonsense. It won’t make you proud. You’ll know you didn’t earn it. Like the sport stars who excel, they don’t want to be given things they didn’t win. They earned every last drop of their success. And so can you. But it takes the balls to have a good hard look at yourself and your mode of operation. It takes a level of personal honesty that’s not for everyone. But my god, when you address the world in this way things change really ****in fast. Like immediately. You don’t need to wait years for civil rights leaders and all that ****e, this solution is immediate. And when your lens changes then the entire ****in world changes with it. All it takes is you. You are I full control. No one can stop you.

30 years ago the world was grossly unfair. It was a horrible place full of ****in assholes. It’s really strange because I don’t know where all the assholes went? I can’t find any of them today. And the world certainly didn’t change.
    If you believe the world is a beautiful place full of amazing people then your experience will prove it to you. Go on BLM! Give it a try. I’ll be your biggest supporter if you do.

I'm taking about the Antifa/ BLM/ cultural marxism brand of leftiness - yes it will weed itself out.

Just like all the uppity feminists and blacks demanding voting rights, right? A couple generations later and there's a dearth of these types around, clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

For someone they already had in custody? In plain clothes? No recording devices? No EMTs?

I don't see the point in trying to defend the raid as lawful when not only has Louisville swiftly outlawed the practice of no knock warrants but many other municipalities and jurisdictions across the US have as well, with bills introduced in Congress to do the same federally. Clearly, there is broad condemnation of the 'lawful' practice. Something being lawful does not automatically make it moral, correct, or just.

Two points, they weren't at Taylor's apartment looking for the other fella, it was a separate operation entirely. The police also said they did announce themselves, so it may not have been the surprise home invasion as being portrayed.

No Tmh - your post 4601 from the 2nd of September does not answer why rather than condeming this type of blm thuggery today you posted your own vide and demanded posters condem it...

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1307607516184895488

So do you condem the behaviour in this video - or is it that posting some other video excuses it?

At least you finally got to the correct post. I'll add a link next time to make it easier.

I don't agree with the actions of those in the video, but nor would I call it thuggery given it was just words. I mean how different is that to people demanding someone stands up for the flag?

I would call this thuggery, given they assaulted her and destroyed her property.

https://twitter.com/rywriggs/status/1272353892165132288

Fair play to the girl for making a second sign and continuing with her protest.

So, what are your thoughts of the actions of those who confronted the girl in this way and the police who seemed ambivalent to what she was being faced with?

From literally just 4 posts before yours.

That's 4 posts AFTER btw

Nope no mention of the word "justified" which you claimed btw.

Two points, they weren't at Taylor's apartment looking for the other fella, it was a separate operation entirely. The police also said they did announce themselves, so it may not have been the surprise home invasion as being portrayed.

A single recording device would have been able to prove that. As it is neighbors testified they heard no such announcement, despite the raiders making quite the ruckus.

• Advertisement

Regarding solutions to the BLM demands I would simply use logic. The solution is so unbelievably simple. Solutions come forth when you take all the nonsense out of the situation.

In the 80s the American military spent an astronomical amount of money trying to develop a pen that would write in space in zero gravity. The greatest minds in science. All the government officials were involved in finding the program. Yet despite the massive amount of funding they never quite figured it out. The Russians used a pencil.
    So for BLM instead of focusing on getting the world to change for you why not try changing yourself and see what happens? I mean you keep telling us that nothings changed in 400 years, everyone is against you, society is actively trying to stop you going forward. There’s large amounts of accusations and blame being thrown around. Yet nothing has changed. I’ve heard this since I was a kid over and over and over. Let’s get a solution. I’m on your team. I’d love for you to get a solution but I don’t think we are going to get one using current methods. It hasn’t worked ever. Let’s try something new. There’s nothing to lose.

So why not focus on transforming your own situation, commit to your own personal elevation. Stay away from blame and take personal responsibility for your situation. Concentrate on including yourself in instead of excuses on why you are left out. Stop giving your kids lead boots by telling them no one likes them. Tell them the world
    Loves them. Go into therapy. Study the culture you came from. Take your power back.
    This is exactly what I did so I know it works.

Get rid of affirmative action and all that nonsense. It won’t make you proud. You’ll know you didn’t earn it. Like the sport stars who excel, they don’t want to be given things they didn’t win. They earned every last drop of their success. And so can you. But it takes the balls to have a good hard look at yourself and your mode of operation. It takes a level of personal honesty that’s not for everyone. But my god, when you address the world in this way things change really ****in fast. Like immediately. You don’t need to wait years for civil rights leaders and all that ****e, this solution is immediate. And when your lens changes then the entire ****in world changes with it. All it takes is you. You are I full control. No one can stop you.

30 years ago the world was grossly unfair. It was a horrible place full of ****in assholes. It’s really strange because I don’t know where all the assholes went? I can’t find any of them today. And the world certainly didn’t change.
    If you believe the world is a beautiful place full of amazing people then your experience will prove it to you. Go on BLM! Give it a try. I’ll be your biggest supporter if you do.

This is gaslighting.

People in the black community can see how things have changed, how they have had a member of their community become President and how previous marches and calls for improvements in how they were treated have ultimately worked.

You are either saying that the actions of police in targeting them disproportionately with excessive force is acceptable, or that there needs to be action to minimise the amount of time which such events happen.

Nope no mention of the word "justified" which you claimed btw.

Are you actually going to post something like this and expect it to hold weight?

Might explain why you refuse to see any behaviour which indicates racist views because of the absence of explicit terms or symbols.

:confused:
    At least you finally got to the correct post. I'll add a link next time to make it easier. I don't agree with the actions of those in the video, but nor would I call it thuggery given it was just words. I mean how different is that to people demanding someone stands up for the flag?

I would call this thuggery, given they assaulted her and destroyed her property.

https://twitter.com/rywriggs/status/1272353892165132288

Fair play to the girl for making a second sign and continuing with her protest.

So, what are your thoughts of the actions of those who confronted the girl in this way and the police who seemed ambivalent to what she was being faced with?

As pointed out it certainly wasn't the 'correct' post. Just another old vague diatribe at best.

And yes the behaviour of those Blm supporters are indeed thuggery Tmh. For the sole reason it involves both harassment and intimidation.

And once again see even more tit for tat. Cos that makes it alright yeah ...

Funny you ignored and failed to make any condemnation of that video until asked about it - yet demand condemnation everytime you post one of these tit for tat replies

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

There’s a massive chasm between a death that may have been avoidable, and an officer being criminally liable for that death. So believing that a death was avoidable does not at all imply that an officer should be charged.

:confused:

As pointed out it certainly wasn't the 'correct' post. Just another vague diatribe at best.

And yes the behaviour of those Blm supporters are indeed thuggery Tmh. For the sole reason it involves both harassment and intimidation.

And once again see even more tit for tat. Cos that makes it alright yeah ...

Funny you ignored and failed to make any condemnation of that video until asked about it - yet demand condemnation everytime you post one of these tit for tat replies

:rolleyes:

Takes some closed mind to think a post highlighting several comments where I repeatedly identify behaviour as unacceptable and denounce it does not indicate that I would do so in relation to the latest piece of outrage. Why should I respond in a way you or anyone else wants me to to repeat my view?

And you think it is acceptable to call me out for not commenting when again, you don't comment on a specific post asking for your input?

Hey look Gozunda, that video was posted again.

Do we all need to denounce it for a second time?

There’s a massive chasm between a death that may have been avoidable, and an officer being criminally liable for that death. So believing that a death was avoidable does not at all imply that an officer should be charged.

So how do you bridge that chasm?

Are you actually going to post something like this and expect it to hold weight?

Might explain why you refuse to see any behaviour which indicates racist views because of the absence of explicit terms or symbols.

Not only was the word 'justified' not there but the poster posted that comment after you asked your question and after my comment.

As for the rest - thats either simply more crazed suppositions and / or deflection on your part - its hard to tell which tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - Everyone posting in this thread engaging in petty point scoring against other posters needs to move on from this and get the thread back on track. At this stage it is irrelevant who posted what weeks ago and who refused to agree with, or disagree with, a particular post. Sanctions have already been handed out to posters who can't let this type of thing go.

It's consistently dragging the thread off topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

So how do you bridge that chasm?

What?

Do you understand what I’ve said at all?

Advertisement