Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Overheal wrote: »
    “Feck off”[/quote

Tuskeegee/Jim Crow ...in the US...so that's where you're at..long before I was born ..and I suspect you too...possibly an indulged white kid with a very high opinion of their own opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 83,356 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not responding to that unformatted mess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Are you for real?

“Well they aren’t gassing them so it’s not racist”

In US history there was something along the lines of 5,000 lynchings. With about 5 million blacks by the turn of the 20th century, ah sure that’s only 1,000 for every million therefore “hardly systemic” right?

Your ignorance astounds me. As though if it’s not genocide it’s not ‘real persecution’

Cop yourself on. Do I need to play back the video of the cops in the patrol car discussing their ideations for race war, against “those ****ing nigg3rs?”

Did you click on the 'unarmed victims' link on the bottom of that page, Mr. fantastic formatting?

Your ignorance doesn't astound me; I see it every damn day I read one of your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Hannibal36 wrote: »

You White people want to keep reminding Blacks remember when we had you as slaves to feel superior.

We're the only people to have banned it in our Countries. I think you to crack open an actual history book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hannibal36

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    We're the only people to have banned it in our Countries. I think you to crack open an actual history book.

I barely understand that man,maybe you should go back to primary school too,so you can put together a legible sentence.

Assuming you mean we are the only ones to have banned slavery in our countries.Who is we exactly? I mean who is the White man countries you mean then.

But that has little to do with my post about White people who want to keep harping on about historical crimes against Blacks to feel superior and i stand by that.

You guys watched too much Game of Thrones and TV in general your minds are more perverted than the reality.All history is nothing but rapes and perverse crimes in all your minds,this is just the subversion of history.

Before Darwins theory most of the planet were God Fearing in a very big way,everybody on some level feared God,it was bred into them from a young age even the worst of the worst feared Gods Wrath.Most of the worst crimes and perversions happened afterwards and history has been subverted to seem far more brutal than it actually was before Darwins theory came along,afterwards i won't deny it has been brutal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Hannibal36 wrote: »
    I barely understand that man,maybe you should go back to primary school too,so you can put together a legible sentence.

Assuming you mean we are the only ones to have banned slavery in our countries.Who is we exactly? I mean who is the White man countries you mean then.

But that has little to do with my post about White people who want to keep harping on about historical crimes against Blacks to feel superior and i stand by that.

You guys watched too much Game of Thrones and TV in general your minds are more perverted than the reality.All history is nothing but rapes and perverse crimes in all your minds,this is just the subversion of history.

Before Darwins theory most of the planet were God Fearing in a very big way,everybody on some level feared God,it was bred into them from a young age even the worst of the worst feared Gods Wrath.Most of the worst crimes and perversions happened afterwards and history has been subverted to seem far more brutal than it actually was before Darwins theory came along,afterwards i won't deny it has been brutal.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha wow. Amazing. So, either a. Racism is worse now than it was in and before the 19th century or b. You are deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Youth in Leixlip, County Kildare screams "I can't breathe" while Gardaí attempt to arrest him.

https://twitter.com/Eire_Patrician/status/1280655034221572097

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

biko wrote: »
    Youth in Leixlip, County Kildare screams "I can't breathe" while Gardaí attempt to arrest him.

I stand with our front line services who are out risking their own safety everyday.

I dont stand with criminals, lawbreakers or lazy useless parasites. Their skin colour is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I stand with our front line services who are out risking their own safety everyday.

I dont stand with criminals, lawbreakers or lazy useless parasites. Their skin colour is irrelevant.
    Exactly.
    Essential workers lives matter.
    Scumbags do not.

2u2me wrote: »
    Did you click on the 'unarmed victims' link on the bottom of that page, Mr. fantastic formatting?

Your ignorance doesn't astound me; I see it every damn day I read one of your posts.
    I am fantastic thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,673 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

ELM327 wrote: »
    Exactly.
    Essential workers lives matter.
    Scumbags do not.

Do you think that, in all cases, those identified as 'essential workers' are behaving correctly and those identified as 'scumbags' are not?

I'm not talking about the above video which is self explanatory as to who is at fault, or the recent video from galway where someone else was incorrectly screaming about police brutality. But the worldwide protests are not for these types of incidents. They are for the type of incidents which have led to Eric Garner, Breonna Taylor and George Floyd's deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Did they actually get round to doing a remake?

And what is the dog's name in it? Answer as a spoiler if you like :)

Thought I would look up the answer to this myself. No mention of any such film on IMDB.com.

Wikipedia has this snippet in the entry on Operation Chastise (the Dambuster raid)

"On 1 September 2006, it was announced that Peter Jackson would produce a remake of the 1955 movie, to be directed by Christian Rivers with production starting in 2008. As of January 2020, production has not been started."

Maybe the conundrum of what to call his black labrador dog is holding up the whole shoot?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Damned right,
    Scumbags come in all colours, shapes and sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭MFPM

Have you a point to make or just posting random videos?

Damned right,
    Scumbags come in all colours, shapes and sizes.

Including some wearing 'essential worker' uniforms? Would you agree?

If so, there definitely should be protests about those scumbags, I mean, they are getting paid to protect society and some of them might be targeting certain members of society. That can't be a good thing, can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Most people who support BLM would find this disgusting honestly. Fair enough if they were actually kneeling on or around his neck but the female garda is beside him and the male garda has a knee on the small of his back

Do you think that, in all cases, those identified as 'essential workers' are behaving correctly and those identified as 'scumbags' are not?

I'm not talking about the above video which is self explanatory as to who is at fault, or the recent video from galway where someone else was incorrectly screaming about police brutality. But the worldwide protests are not for these types of incidents. They are for the type of incidents which have led to Eric Garner, Breonna Taylor and George Floyd's deaths.
    Lets get one thing straight. Breonna Taylor died because someone shot at police with a warrant. As far as I'm concerned she got what's coming to her. You dont shoot at law enforcement (or steal a tazer) and expect to get away with it.

George Floyd was killed by a scumbag. Whether he was a cop or a heroin dealer he's still a scumbag. Doesnt mean that most cops (or most of any profession) are scum.

Lets get one thing straight. Breonna Taylor died because someone shot at police with a warrant. As far as I'm concerned she got what's coming to her. You dont shoot at law enforcement (or steal a tazer) and expect to get away with it.

Taking the absolute piss with that.
    George Floyd was killed by a scumbag. Whether he was a cop or a heroin dealer he's still a scumbag. Doesnt mean that most cops (or most of any profession) are scum.

Oh so he deserved to be murdered on mere suspicion of crime?

Lets get one thing straight.

Yes, let's...well more than one thing!
    Breonna Taylor died because someone shot at police with a warrant.

But you neglected to point out that it wasn't Ms Taylor who shot at the police. You've also neglect to point out that there is a dispute about whether the cops made the occupants of the apartment aware that they were cops and they had a warrant. The judge who issued the warrant issued it as a 'no-knock' warrant so the cops didn't have to identify themselves. No-knock warrants are ourageous in a country where cops are so trigger happy and sections and the number of firearms held in wider society.
    As far as I'm concerned she got what's coming to her.

How human of you, an innocent woman gunned down in her home with 8 bullets....
    You dont shoot at law enforcement (or steal a tazer) and expect to get away with it.

If people are banging down your door at 2am and not identifying themselves as cops then one can understand the reaction of the occupants of the apartment, in the context of the US of course.

Taking the absolute piss with that.

Oh so he deserved to be murdered on mere suspicion of crime?
    Are you incapable of understanding what I wrote, or are you being facetious.
    I hope its the latter.

"George Floyd was killed by a scumbag. Whether he was a cop or a heroin dealer he's still a scumbag. Doesnt mean that most cops (or most of any profession) are scum."
    The scumbag was chauvin in that instance. It couldnt have been any clearer.

• Advertisement

Are you incapable of understanding what I wrote, or are you being facetious.
    I hope its the latter.

"George Floyd was killed by a scumbag. Whether he was a cop or a heroin dealer he's still a scumbag. Doesnt mean that most cops (or most of any profession) are scum."
    The scumbag was chauvin in that instance. It couldnt have been any clearer.

My sincere apologies it didn’t register alongside your breathtakingly stupid argument that a woman EMT, asleep in her bed, who commmited no crimes and had her home invaded by armed intruders who didn’t announce themselves as police, wear uniforms or wear body cameras “got what’s coming to her”

My sincere apologies it didn’t register alongside your breathtakingly stupid argument that a woman who commmited no crimes and had her home invaded by armed intruders who didn’t announce themselves as police, wear uniforms or wear body cameras “got what’s coming to her”
    You're just assuming that.

And they were not armed intruders, they were law enforcement.
    If you have no law enforcement it's anarchy and people are ****ting on the street like in the no go zones.

No I’m really not. They did not knock they did not identify. Ignorance ignorance ignorance. What a shock.

Whom did not identify themselves as such, to the home owners they had no other evidence to suggest they were anything more than home invaders.

Takes some level of self-confidence or ignorance to start off with 'Lets get one thing straight' and then go on to make the rest of that statement.

Also, is there any room for a middle ground between 'getting away with it' and ending up dead?

Your own words are validating the BLM protests because it shows there is still a tolerance of excessive force and no accountability by those employed to protect.

If you have no law enforcement it's anarchy and people are ****ting on the street like in the no go zones.

If you bothered to look into the matter, you'd know it's a matter of disagreement between the family and the cops, we also know there are a number of errors in the follow up paper work by the cops too.

But if they didn't announce themselves how were the occupants to know?

Law enforcement and pumping 8 bullets into an innocent woman are two different things.

Given the many questions about this case are you prepared to retract your disgusting assertion that this innocent young woman got 'what's coming to her'?

Neighbors in the same hall testified they heard the altercation; none of them heard anyone announce themselves as police either. They were 3 officers in plainclothes serving a no knock warrant which allows intrusion without knocking or announcing yourself as law enforcement. Her boyfriend fired one shot as the hinges came off the front door of the apartment, the “police” dumped 22 rounds through the door in response, leaving Breonna Taylor in a bloody pile in the hallway. Coroner concluded it took her 6 minutes to die. She was offered no assistance.

MFPM wrote: »
    If you bothered to look into the matter, you'd know it's a matter of disagreement between the family and the cops, we also know there are a number of errors in the follow up paper work by the cops too.

But if they didn't announce themselves how were the occupants to know?

Law enforcement and pumping 8 bullets into an innocent woman are two different things.

Given the many questions about this case are you prepared to retract your disgusting assertion that this innocent young woman got 'what's coming to her'?
    You only have the occupant's word on that.
    I would and will not retract that statement. Anyone (or any group) who fire at the law enforcement are the lowest of the low and deserve what's coming to them.

You only have the occupant's word on that.
    I would and will not retract that statement. Anyone (or any group) who fire at the law enforcement are the lowest of the low and deserve what's coming to them.

And the word of all the neighbors who were eyewitnesses. Jesus what is wrong with you.

ELM327 wrote:
    Anyone (or any group) who fire at the law enforcement are the lowest of the low and deserve what's coming to them.

Double standards much? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

And the word of all the neighbors who were eyewitnesses. Jesus what is wrong with you.
    What is wrong with you and your ilk?
    I was raised right and have a healthy respect for law enforcement and those who put their lives on the line day in and day out to preserve law and order.

That seems lacking, both in the screeching lefties in the US and increasingly here. I foresee a swing to the right pretty quickly in retort. It has already happened in some places (Trump, AFD, Booris, french nationalism etc)

Advertisement