Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Do you mean moot?

Mute be better , but still now answer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Omackeral wrote: »
    You know what the poster means. Cop on.

Read the thread Omackeral. Should I just take all the comments questioning my motivations and logic here lying down?

mynamejeff wrote: »
    I see so black people in America are not allowed to vote then ??

F me they should do something about that shouldn't they

They did.
    They got together, and protested and marched and brought about change.

Sound familiar?

Mute be better , but still now answer ?

Answer what?

This question?
    I don't know what is I exactly you are looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

They did.

Sound familiar?

Why don't they march against gangland violence?

That kills thousands of black people every year....if marching works?

• Advertisement

there you two go again :pac::pac::pac:

I don't know what is I exactly you are looking for ?

I mean statistically your argument has been proven moot again and again on this thread hasn't it

so ??

so ??

No.

They did.

Sound familiar?

why don't they vote out the ineffective mayors of citys where gangland violence is running wild .

a black vote counts the same as a white one after all

Why don't they march against gangland violence?

That kills thousands of black people every year....if marching works?

Probably because they think the first thing to do is get the official people who are supposed to make them feel safe behave in a way which makes them feel safe, or at the very least, doesn't make them feel unsafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭CarProblem

targeted in a way which is disproportionate to how the general population are treated

Yet again - nope

• Advertisement

why don't they vote out the ineffective mayors of citys where gangland violence is running wild .

a black vote counts the same as a white one after all

13% of population are Black.

No.

good debating skills ,

this is the sort of mentality that resulted in American cities burning ,

blm ladies and gentlemen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

I posted a video 12 hours ago about a cop who was fired for not shooting a suicidal man, zero responses from anyone in relation to that. Par for the course.

On the face of it, that officer seemed to handle and deescalate the situation (‘suicide-by-cop’) well.
    But it turns out, the city said he was fired for 3 complaints that he had on his record, one for signing off a suspicious death as from natural causes, and therefore not preserving the scene or making any investigation. The autopsy subsequently found she died from blunt force trauma.
    Interestingly, in the video you posted, the ACLU recommends increased funding for the police. Imagine.

I didn’t reply at the time because I didn’t want to seem argumentative- on the face of it, it was a good action by the cop.
    My point is that whatever point Biko was trying to make about the BLM, the same situation exists within police forces.
    Except one organisation is specifically there to keep people safe and is funded by public money.

You have any other questions in relation to this, ask Biko what point were they trying to make.

I don’t normally ask other posters to answer questions relating to someone’s else’s post. That would just be weird.
    And you didn’t answer the questions in my post btw. Par for the course I suppose.

good debating skills ,

this is the sort of mentality that resulted in American cities burning ,

blm ladies and gentlemen

You asked a question. I answered it.

And can you explain how such a mentality lead to American cities burning? Be specific please, I'm going out now for a few hours so won't be able to respond until later.

Probably because they think the first thing to do is get the official people who are supposed to make them feel safe behave in a way which makes them feel safe, or at the very least, doesn't make them feel unsafe.

I'm confused...the first thing to do?...how long is BLM protesting/rioting/looting, I thought it was formed back under Obama's last term....but you said violence has scarred Chicago costing thousands of black lives every year for 40 years!!!

13% of population are Black.

13 percent ?

yet so many criminals tisk tisk

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities/chicago-il-population

busted again kid

I'm confused...the first thing to do?...how long is BLM protesting/rioting/looting, I thought it was formed back under Obama's last term....but you said violence has scarred Chicago costing thousands of black lives every year for 40 years!!!

No I didn't.

No I didn't.

So how long has gangland crime affected Chicago costing the lives of thousands of black men?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

It's the 'Accuse others of that which you are guilty' MO Overheal.

Time and time again that phrase comes to mind. We had a poster here demand explanation why I didn't comment on a specific video a few days ago. ...

Don't try that crack - especially when there is clear direction not to randomly drag up "who did what when" type rubbish and deliberately drag the thread off topjc.

To clear the record - what was asked was why post another video in an apparent tit fir response rather than commenting on the first video posted. Nothing has changed apparently

Its like you're just making stuff up or are just having a laugh at this stage. Its hard to tell tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Whatever about the last 40 years, the City of Chicago is unrecognisable from what it was 6 months ago! Yeah, a lot of things closed due to COVID, but much of it has closed or remained closed due to BLM protests and destruction. Michigan Ave is mostly boarded up and like a ghost town. A lot of those businesses won’t be coming back any time soon. It’s eerie to be there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

So how long has gangland crime affected Chicago costing the lives of thousands of black men?

Very few BLM supporters will care about that.

Danzy wrote: »
    Very few BLM supporters will care about that.

It is genuinely sad...have they started burning down Louisville yet does anyone know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

It is genuinely sad...have they started burning down Louisville yet does anyone know?

They probably will, give them time. It's what they do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

You just can't bring yourself to face what everyone else can see can you.

A - Your point is a joke...of course it matters what political party runs the city.

B - Where were Black lives matter for the last 40 years when black lives were being lost needlessly? Where are they now?

C - Another joke of a point...and a fairly clunky attempt to divert our attention away from the devastating impact of Gangland warfare in Chicago.

The people living in the Red states can decide who to vote for, just like those everywhere else....this thread is about Black Lives Matter is it not?

Sad part about Chicago is it had a lower murder rate when Al Capone and the Irish gangs, were at war with each other, compared to today.

1c5e0ad6e9807ed91362a55d622fb644

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

Don Lemon losing his sh1t on CNN over the Taylor case . Good times.

Don Lemon losing his sh1t on CNN over the Taylor case . Good times.

He's not encouraging his viewers to blow up the entire system again is he? That'd be twice in one week if so....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

The parents of a 1-year-old boy who was killed Monday afternoon were the two injured adults in the triple shooting, the Kansas City Police Department said Tuesday.

Tyron Payton was fatally shot in the 2900 block of East 33rd Street while sitting in the backseat of a vehicle.

His parents, who were in the front seats of the car, were also struck.

https://amp.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article245920210.html

I wonder will LeBron be wearing the kid's name on his jersey ? Watching the video , you've got a few community activists handing out flyers about the killing. If a cop had killed a black man , you'd have hundreds of people on the streets . If you watch the interview with the community activist, there's been an 8 and 4 year old killed and a pregnant mother all in the last month and the community don't seem to bothered about it compared to the george Floyd killing. Black lives don't matter it seems. Hundreds on the streets for convicted career criminal George Floyd , 1 year old gets murders and all you get is a few people handing out flyers. I think they're priorities are a bit arse ways

Who is running these cities...a one year old boy shot to death...good jesus!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

If you watch the interview with the community activist, there's been an 8 and 4 year old killed and a pregnant mother all in the last month and the community don't seem to bothered about it compared to the george Floyd killing

Black on black killing is treated like the use of the N word. It's fine when they say it but as soon as a white person says it................booooooooom.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Was watching what happened in Louisville a few hours ago, when the Grand jury indicts 1 officer on criminal charges.
    It’s amazing how so many hundreds of people took to the streets blocking roads. How did they all get the day off from work(LOL)

A rental truck pulled up, and unloaded signs and shields.
    Pre-meditated riot and violence preparations?

https://twitter.com/BGOnTheScene/status/1308829353120280576

Advertisement