Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Omackeral wrote: »
    Oh you deleted your comment because you saw the irony/hypocrisy. Good on you!

Nah, I said I wouldn't lower myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

JJayoo wrote: »
    I mean the Irish media, especially on the radio, everyday the same old sh1te "oh trump is bad I don't like trump" every fcuking day

Oh RTE were just as love struck with Obama as CNN, MSNBC were. They had that same thrill up their legs as Chris Matthews had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Did you see Django Unchained?

I guess, using your logic, because Stephen had a position of authority in Calvin Candie's home, there wasn't actually any slavery or racism going on.

I think he was trying to show you that if you put enough effort in that you can make it in America and yet you still go back to slavery 200 years ago. They have black cops , judges , former us president , 2 former secretary of state, senators politicians , nurses , army generals, teachers , multi millionaire sport stars and musicians/rappers who make millions brainwashing black youths that the only way to make money is drugs , guns and hustling . it's never been easier for blacks to get to college with affirmative action, And yet you still spout on about systemic racism. Give it a rest will ya , always looking to be a victim

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

A video dump with no explanation / no discussion by way of reply

What's your point exactly?

gozunda wrote: »
    A video dump with no explanation / no discussion by way of reply

What's your point exactly?

The only difference between post and yours was you felt the need to repeat what the title said.

Are you saying you couldn't decipher the title in the video I posted?

• Advertisement

I think he was trying to show you that if you put enough effort in that you can make it in America and yet you still go back to slavery 200 years ago. They have black cops , judges , former us president , 2 former secretary of state, senators politicians , nurses , army generals, teachers , multi millionaire sport stars and musicians/rappers who make millions brainwashing black youths that the only way to make money is drugs , guns and hustling . it's never been easier for blacks to get to college with affirmative action, And yet you still spout on about systemic racism. Give it a rest will ya , always looking to be a victim

That would be a yes then.

Or, does the fact that some people have been successful mean that abuses should be ignored? Which is it?

The only difference between post and yours was you felt the need to repeat what the title said.

Are you saying you couldn't decipher the title in the video I posted?

Incorrect. There is explicit advisory not to video dump without comment. And you can check if you like - I did not copy the title - I gave a brief description of the content of the discussion. viz.

"Coleman Hughes - talks about the abuse of racism by left wing ideologies in the US."

The title of that video which you clearly did not watch is "Colman Hughes: Why the left is wrong about racism

I'm certainly not going to bother watching something dumped with no explanation or detail by way of reply.

Yet for some strange reason you don't believe any of that relates to your comments....

^^^^
    Doesn't surprise me.
    But does goes some way to explain your position.

If you refuse to look at a problem, you can deny it exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

That would be a yes then.

Or, does the fact that some people have been successful mean that abuses should be ignored? Which is it?

Bad cops should be charged that's a no brainier but if you think that defunding the police is going to help the black community , which suffers the most from violence and murder , most of it committed by other black people , you need your head examined. How about blm encouraged people to join the police and better their communities instead of race-baiting and mayhem .

^^^^
    Doesn't surprise me. But does goes some way to explain your position. If you refuse to look at a problem, you can deny it exists.

So you don't bother watching the video I posted.

But instead video dump and then throw personalised stuff like that?

And btw no where in the above Colman Hughes video is it stated that racism doesn't exist. What it does detail is how racism is being abused. I do need to ask why you think that your opinions on racism are somehow more valid than someone like Colman Hughes?

• Advertisement

Bad cops should be charged that's a no brainier but if you think that defunding the police is going to help the black community , which suffers the most from violence and murder , most of it committed by other black people , you need your head examined. How about blm encouraged people to join the police and better their communities instead of race-baiting and mayhem .

Why is the idea of putting funds in to mental health, social supports and engagement and education rather than the continued militarization of police so abhorrent to you?

And your consternation at BLM for highlighting the problems is just another song from the status quo back catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

This Florida Sheriff has had enough of the violence.

https://twitter.com/realDerekUtley/status/1308561553927610368

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

80% of African Americans want police maintained or increased.

That's different among white people, especially young middle class white kids.

Hence the white dominance of BLM protests.

gozunda wrote: »
    So you don't bother watching the video I posted.

But instead video dump and then throw personalised stuff like that?

And btw no where in the above Colman Hughes video is it stated that racism doesn't exist. What it does detail is how racism is being abused. I do need to ask why you think that your opinions on racism are somehow more valid than someone like Colman Hughes?

What makes you think I didnt watch your video?

Do you realise the amount of posts of your which comment directly about me and yet you simultaneously add in something about me attacking you personally.

It's quite the achievement in selective judgement or expectations in standard.

And I never stated Colman Hughes denied racism exists. Now that we've cleared that up, let me know your thoughts on 4 police saying action is needed to overcome the problems in the system. Or don't, ignoring it is an answer in itself.

True. It also ignores the fact that the percentage of black police officers in the US is 13% - approx equal to the black / African American proportion of population.

But the most damning thing is blm only represent a tiny minority of black / African American opinion on the police.

More than 80% of Black Americans favor a police presence in their area equal to current levels or more, according to the findings of a Gallup poll 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/81-black-americans-police-retain-increase-presence

And yet we are told we have to listen to only those screaming loudest?

This Florida Sheriff has had enough of the violence.

https://twitter.com/realDerekUtley/status/1308561553927610368

I'd imagine this Sheriff always disagreed with the violence also.

Although thankfully, I think he has resigned recently.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1299845272227454979?s=19

Why is the idea of putting funds in to mental health, social supports and engagement and education rather than the continued militarization of police so abhorrent to you?

And your consternation at BLM for highlighting the problems is just another song from the status quo back catalogue.

I've always abhorred the militarization of the police in America.

After this Summer though that is a settled issue.

1bn of property destroyed, a generation of black businesses across America burnt out. People killed and injured and on and on.

That's off the table now for another 20 years.

Most of the protestors don't care about that though.

What makes you think I didnt watch your video?

Do you realise the amount of posts of your which comment directly about me and yet you simultaneously add in something about me attacking you personally.

It's quite the achievement in selective judgement or expectations in standard.

And I never stated Colman Hughes denied racism exists. Now that we've cleared that up, let me know your thoughts on 4 police saying action is needed to overcome the problems in the system. Or don't, ignoring it is an answer in itself.

Seriously? Let me detail that again.

Because as you claimed I had repeated "what the title said" and that is obviously incorrect. And if you had watched the actual video you would have known that.

And without any discussion of the video yet again - you claimed that "goes some way to explain your position. If you refuse to look at a problem, you can deny it exists."

Where I explicitly gave no personal position in my comment - yet you chose to attack the poster.

And bizarrely suggest in posting that video - that I somehow deny racism "exists"

And yes indeed I have commented on the content of your posts or lack thereof. So again like the highlighted bit - why ignore the content of posts but throw in stupid ad hom?

Pls note I made no such personalised comments.

If you wish to discuss Colman Hughes video then by all means feel free to. But don't try that crack here.

Danzy wrote: »
    I've always abhorred the militarization of the police in America.

After this Summer though that is a settled issue.

1bn of property destroyed, a generation of black businesses across America burnt out. People killed and injured and on and on.

That's off the table now for another 20 years.

Most of the protestors don't care about that though.

And most of the counter protesters do? What about this then?

Wildfires in America
    Record wildfires push 2018 disaster costs to $91 billion

Or even more according to this
    The Camp Fire destroyed the town of Paradise and killed at least 85 people,

AccuWeather estimated the total economic cost of the 2018 wildfires at $400 billion (2018 USD), which includes property damage, firefighting costs, direct and indirect economic losses, as well as recovery expenditures.

If there is such concern about the cost both in lives lost and the financial cost, why do many of the same posters appear on threads decrying any action, proposed action or any advocate proposing that something is done to prevent such events happening?

And most of the counter protesters do? What about this then?

Wildfires in America

Or even more according to this

If there is such concern about the cost both in lives lost and the financial cost, why do many of the same posters appear on threads decrying any action, proposed action or any advocate proposing that something is done to prevent such events happening?

Lol.

You really couldn't give a **** if every black owned business was burnt.

It's about your own kicks and political fight.

Narcissism.

• Advertisement

Lol.

You really couldn't give a **** if every black owned business was burnt.

Narcissism.

And you do?
    But yet you are happy to see policing continue in the manner in which black people are treated in a disproportionate manner?

Is that it?

I was actually more interested in why the concern over 1B of damage arising out of some protests but no concern over up to 400B of damage arising our of wildfires?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Narcissism.
    Might have hit the nail on the head with this explanation.
    It would go a long way to explain the Antifa/BLM types who continue to support a warped and racist cause.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Might have hit the nail on the head with this explanation.
    It would go a long way to explain the Antifa/BLM types who continue to support a warped and racist cause.

What, in your mind, is warped about wanting all people to be treated equally and for public funds including those spent on policing to best serve the needs of the community?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I was actually more interested in why the concern over 1B of damage arising out of some protests but no concern over up to 400B of damage arising our of wildfires?

One is complete deliberate vandalism and done with absolute intent. It’s avoidable.

And you do?
    But yet you are happy to see policing continue in the manner in which black people are treated in a disproportionate manner?Is that it?

Has the topic of the thread suddenly changed whilst I was making myself a coffee?

Is that even more Whataboutism? You really believe costs of wildfires cancel the very real costs of continued and deliberate looting, burnings and violence?

Does that mean if I burn some forestry - I can go burn down my local town?

Interesting logic there ...

Omackeral wrote: »
    One is complete deliberate vandalism and done with absolute intent. It’s avoidable.

Leaving aside the implication that climate damage is unavoidable for a second, in your view, has the BLM cause been completely undermined because of the violence which has occurred to the point that calls for change are invalid?

Leaving aside the implication that climate damage is unavoidable for a second, in your view, has the BLM cause been completely undermined because of the violence which has occurred to the point that calls for change are invalid?

IMO yes..

Any talk of changing the second amendment is off the table for a generation too..

IMO yes..

Any talk of changing the second amendment is off the table for a generation too..

Might explain why this has been happening so, mightn't it?

I mean if violence undermines the whole movement, you can see why white supremacists would get involved in this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

What, in your mind, is warped about wanting all people to be treated equally and for public funds including those spent on policing to best serve the needs of the community?
    Nothing at all wrong with that. In fact, it should be expected by society.
    However, BLM does not want all people to be treated equally, as they demand (with violence and riots) a different set of rules for blacks in America. That is an abhorrent stance for a multicultural society.

• Advertisement

Kivaro wrote: »
    Nothing at all wrong with that. In fact, it should be expected by society.
    However, BLM does not want all people to be treated equally, as they demand (with violence and riots) a different set of rules for blacks in America. That is an abhorrent stance for a multicultural society.

What proportion of all who have supported the BLM protests this summer do you think support, or have taken part in violence.

What evidence have you that this is a sufficient quantity to undermine the entire message?

Advertisement