Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

Might explain why this has been happening so, mightn't it?

I mean if violence undermines the whole movement, you can see why white supremacists would get involved in this way.

Sorry, but that sounds like horsesh1t to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Sorry, but that sounds like horsesh1t to me..

In what way?

In what way?

Just vague deflection..

That dude wasn't a white supremacist..(or well, he was, but one of the antifa ones..)

Just vague deflection..

That dude wasn't a white supremacist..(or well, he was, but one of the antifa ones..)

You might want to inform the Minneapolis police
    Minneapolis “Umbrella Man” is white supremacist who tried to incite riot after Floyd killing: police.

White supremacists "under the guise of Black Lives Matter" also instigated "riots" in Virginia, according to police

You might want to inform the Minneapolis police

Horsesh1t..

• Advertisement

Horsesh1t..

Evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-6bg98ZIYE&ab_channel=WCCO-CBSMinnesota

I mean if violence undermines the whole movement, you can see why white supremacists would get involved in this way.

How so? Do you believe that unproven allegations that 'umbrella man' is actually a white supremacist (so far no-one arrested or charged) - means that those peaceful protestors looting business premises (as seen in that video) are somehow excused and get a free pass?

I can certainly see why criminals / violent looters would want to blame the 'other guy'.

So I break into a shop and loot the place ...
    And then scream "He made me do it" whaaaaaaaa!" Am I doing that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I was actually more interested in why the concern over 1B of damage arising out of some protests but no concern over up to 400B of damage arising our of wildfires?

You are trying to deflect. This thread is about BLM. The fires have nothing to do with BLM so why are you bringing them into the discussion?

BattleCorp wrote: »
    You are trying to deflect. This thread is about BLM. The fires have nothing to do with BLM so why are you bringing them into the discussion?

:D:D:D:D

'Please stop pointing out the hypocrisy in our faux concern'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

:D:D:D:D

'Please stop pointing out the hypocrisy in our faux concern'

Explain that comment further please.

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    How so? Do you believe that unproven allegations that 'umbrella man' is actually a white supremacist - means that those peaceful protestors looting the business premises are somehow excused and get a free pass?

I can certainly see why criminals / violent looters would want to blame the 'other guy'.

So I break into a shop and loot the place ...
    And then scream "He made me do it" whaaaaaaaa!" Am I doing that right?

Have never excused anyone, you managed eventually to read my post on this before, but have linked it again for reference #4601.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Explain that comment further please.

Poster expressed anguish at the damage to property and the loss of lives and suggested that that implied that BLM was a bad idea.
    I pointed out that on a topic where the damage to both property and lives is much greater, many of the same posters engaged here area adamant that there isn't a problem that needs to be fixed.

It's hypocrisy, not liking that pointed out, doesn't change that fact. I think Ben Shapiro had a comment to this effect.....

Have never excused anyone, you managed eventually to read my post on this before, but have linked it again for reference #4601.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. But no I'm not going to dig up old / unrelated posts about who said what where when.

A straightforward reply would do. Thanks.

gozunda wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. But no I'm not going to dig up old / unrelated posts about who said what where when.

A straightforward reply would do. Thanks.

You had 3 questions in your post. You want a straightforward reply, ask a straightforward question.

Off out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Leaving aside the implication that climate damage is unavoidable for a second, in your view, has the BLM cause been completely undermined because of the violence which has occurred to the point that calls for change are invalid?

Intent of vandals is a world away from forest fires in this context and well you know it. But deflect away as usual.

You had 3 questions in your post. You want a straightforward reply, ask a straightforward question.

Off out now.

Incorrect. One question - the rest is clearly rhetorical.

So thats 2 deflections so far

This was the question
    gozunda" wrote:
    How so?

And "Off out now"??? ...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

As for changes needed in the policing of communities... perhaps yes but it’s a two way street and until that’s taken seriously in these communities then it’s a stalemate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Poster expressed anguish at the damage to property and the loss of lives and suggested that that implied that BLM was a bad idea.
    I pointed out that on a topic where the damage to both property and lives is much greater, many of the same posters engaged here area adamant that there isn't a problem that needs to be fixed.

It's hypocrisy, not liking that pointed out, doesn't change that fact. I think Ben Shapiro had a comment to this effect.....

I wasn’t aware that many of the posters on this thread are cool with the fact that there are fires in the western states and that people are losing their lives and their homes. That’s kind of....., what’s the word......incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I'd imagine this Sheriff always disagreed with the violence also.

Although thankfully, I think he has resigned recently.

That sheriff has had enough of BLM violence be labelled as peaceful and your response is to post up a month old clip of some other sheriff using the n word?? You're just playing thread tennis with users in an attempt to deflect away from points they make. Nobody here agrees with anyone using the N word as pejorative so as to demean black people.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

And you do?
    But yet you are happy to see policing continue in the manner in which black people are treated in a disproportionate manner?

Is that it?

I was actually more interested in why the concern over 1B of damage arising out of some protests but no concern over up to 400B of damage arising our of wildfires?

I hear Lewis Hamilton be wearing a 'say a tree's name ' t-shirt at the next Grand Prix.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Did you see Django Unchained?

I guess, using your logic, because Stephen had a position of authority in Calvin Candie's home, there wasn't actually any slavery or racism going on.

there is a difference movies and the real world you know that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

mynamejeff wrote: »
    there is a difference movies and the real world you know that right?

Not too sure many leftists do tbh. Two years back on the Luas (around when Black Panther came out) I heard a group of young folk calling some of the security lads 'Coloniszers".

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you meet someone from Nigeria today it's more likely someone in their extended family handled slaves than someone in your extended family.
    If you meet someone from Saudi Arabia it's probable someone in their extended family handled slaves, and not even that long ago.

Danzy wrote: »
    Lol.

You really couldn't give a **** if every black owned business was burnt.

It's about your own kicks and political fight.

Narcissism.

Spare me the sanctimony.

I'm quite sure I care a lot more about the livelihoods of those who own black businesses a hell of a lot more than anyone who recently is decrying their suffering purely in order to be able to undermine the wider calls of their communities to see reform in within police forces who behave in a disproportionate manner towards them.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Intent of vandals is a world away from forest fires in this context and well you know it. But deflect away as usual.

And pick and choose the things to pay attention to. As usual.

That sheriff has had enough of BLM violence be labelled as peaceful and your response is to post up a month old clip of some other sheriff using the n word?? You're just playing thread tennis with users in an attempt to deflect away from points they make. Nobody here agrees with anyone using the N word as pejorative so as to demean black people.

WTF is thread tennis and why is one piece of evidence of a member of the police force being part of the problem not reasonable to use evidence of another member of the police force holding a particular view?

People seem to get very annoyed with evidence being offered against their argument, why is that?

As for deflecting from the points they make? What do you think you have done in this post? What do you think a discussion on a heated topic is only each side offering their view in such a manner?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Has any US media outlet done any investigation into who is funding all these protests and riots?

We are hardly expected to believe this is all happening ad hoc.

biko wrote: »
    If you meet someone from Nigeria today it's more likely someone in their extended family handled slaves than someone in your extended family.
    If you meet someone from Saudi Arabia it's probable someone in their extended family handled slaves, and not even that long ago.

What has that got to do with anything Biko, I mean, I can see you posting it on other threads, but why here?

Has any US media outlet done any investigation into who is funding all these protests and riots?

We are hardly expected to believe this is all happening ad hoc.

Is it that hard to believe that such numbers of people within the US would want to see everyone treated fairly?

Is that so alien a concept to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You're right, that was intended for another thread.

I suppose it still fits with that one of the core BLM values is about white guilt.

Advertisement