Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

It r ally gives the lie to their redefinition of racism as power and privilege. What group enjoys greater clout in social consciousness than black people, at least in the US context?

You can argue the ranking of the various ethnic groups in the US power structure. But the important takeaway is that white people are always at the bottom of the structure. White men especially. White women thought they might get some protection, but intersectionality and 'Karen' has kicked them right down again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Chicago Suffers 81 Homicides in September making it the Ddeadliest September in 25 Years.

This is BLM showing us that black lives matter.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-september-crime-stats-20201002-a2oh3gernvfipmrji674nstfnq-story.html

EjlWW3wXcAEjPF9?format=jpg&name=small
    link

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

absolute pond life.

liberal racists

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

statesaver wrote: »
    absolute pond life.

liberal racists

I’ve been told in no uncertain terms that people of colour are “NEVER” racist.

I’ve witnessed vile slurs, prejudice, even been told “White people are useless”. On Ireland this is!!

My complaint wasn’t taken seriously and another colleague said the above. I said that it felt racist to be judged and abused by skin colour - apparently not. As POC are “exempt due to the system”.

Green light to abuse whoever they want it seems?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Chicago Suffers 81 Homicides in September making it the Ddeadliest September in 25 Years.

This is BLM showing us that black lives matter.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-september-crime-stats-20201002-a2oh3gernvfipmrji674nstfnq-story.html

EjlWW3wXcAEjPF9?format=jpg&name=small
    link

Yes but that sense of purpose and fulfillment for white kid activists in the Suburbs make it worthwhile.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Danzy wrote: »
    Yes but that sense of purpose and fulfillment for white kid activists in the Suburbs make it worthwhile.

And the “likes” too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Pretty good discussion here, that touches on a lot of the issues surrounding BLM.

Michael Obama out again with another video urging people to vote Biden. She states that Trump is “pinning [violence] on what’s been an overwhelmingly peaceful movement for racial solidarity; it’s true, research backs it up; only a tiny fraction of demonstrations have had any violence at all … What the president is doing is … racist.” BLM.....an overwhelmingly peaceful movement? has she been in a coma ffs this is just outright delusion at this stage. She has a massive chip on her shoulder. For such a "tiny fraction" BLM caused $2 Billion in damages. Some of the largest insurance payouts, with some companies trying to revoke government insurance because they didn't prevent it from happening. Nuts. I think sees seen the polls tho......

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1313577296922439681

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Found some interesting reports on gun sales.
    People are not buying into the defund the police propaganda.

NEWTOWN, Conn. – NSSF®, the trade association for the firearm industry, updated retail survey-based estimates and concluded that nearly 5 million Americans purchased a firearm for the very first time in 2020. NSSF surveyed firearm retailers which reported that 40 percent of sales were conducted to purchasers who have never previously owned a firearm

NSSF surveys revealed that 58 percent of firearm purchases were among African American men and women, the largest increase of any demographic group. Women comprised 40 percent of first-time gun purchasers.

I wonder why law abiding black people are buying guns.

https://www.nssf.org/first-time-gun-buyers-grow-to-nearly-5-million-in-2020/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

Attacking a woman and then hysterically screaming in a high pitched tone once confronted.

We all know what kind of a man is hiding behind that mask. A weak one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Found some interesting reports on gun sales.
    People are not buying into the defund the police propaganda.

NEWTOWN, Conn. – NSSF®, the trade association for the firearm industry, updated retail survey-based estimates and concluded that nearly 5 million Americans purchased a firearm for the very first time in 2020. NSSF surveyed firearm retailers which reported that 40 percent of sales were conducted to purchasers who have never previously owned a firearm

NSSF surveys revealed that 58 percent of firearm purchases were among African American men and women, the largest increase of any demographic group. Women comprised 40 percent of first-time gun purchasers.

I wonder why law abiding black people are buying guns.

https://www.nssf.org/first-time-gun-buyers-grow-to-nearly-5-million-in-2020/

What a shock. Run on taking away people's gun rights, endorse the riots and looting of cities [and therefore the violent assaults on citizens as well] run on defunding [if not outright disbanding] Police Departments and claim to be surprised that more and more people are buying guns for personal protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Seems a reliable source. I'm sure his description actually captured what happened. I doubt that one guy is Antifa though, that would be weird. Anyone remember that video where "Antifa" attacked a "US veterans" march? The one that was actually the much-loved Proud Boys attacking peaceful BLM protesters?

Twitter, eh. Dropped on Boards by a poster with a history of posting unverified nonsense. Just a thought folks. As you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Seems a reliable source. I'm sure his description actually captured what happened. I doubt that one guy is Antifa though, that would be weird. Anyone remember that video where "Antifa" attacked a "US veterans" march? The one that was actually the much-loved Proud Boys attacking peaceful BLM protesters?

Twitter, eh. Dropped on Boards by a poster with a history of posting unverified nonsense. Just a thought folks. As you were.

A bunch of Liberal protesters in black bloc attacking somebody holding an American flag, they can say they're Antifa or they can say they're not, the result is the same, but yeah they probably are white supremacists attacking poor peaceful BLM supporters.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

nullzero wrote: »
    A bunch of Liberal protesters in black bloc attacking somebody holding an American flag, they can say they're Antifa or they can say they're not, the result is the same, but yeah they probably are white supremacists attacking poor peaceful BLM supporters.

Hmmm, no didn't say they were the exact same thing, N. Although they might be. Mine was an example of a short video being posted as one thing and turning out to be easily debunked. This latest from "lad" might be Antifa himself (the one guy in the video) but its probably not. I wouldn't go by what Andy off Twitter describes it to be but thats just me.

Some of you posting here might know this Q Anon group. What is it they say? Oh, "true patriots question everything".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

She has a massive chip on her shoulder. For such a "tiny fraction" BLM caused $2 Billion in damages. Some of the largest insurance payouts, with some companies trying to revoke government insurance because they didn't prevent it from happening. Nuts. I think sees seen the polls tho......[/url]

Every other President in the last 100 years left Washington after their term in office but Obama has hung around like a bad smell.
    Its very rare that a past president criticises a sitting president but the Messiah Barack can't keep his mouth closed.

His wife went on her arena book tour and charged eye watering amounts, Barack did his paid speeches .
    Their goal is money.
    Complete hypocrites.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Michael Obama out again with another video urging people to vote Biden. She states that Trump is “pinning [violence] on what’s been an overwhelmingly peaceful movement for racial solidarity; it’s true, research backs it up; only a tiny fraction of demonstrations have had any violence at all … What the president is doing is … racist.” BLM.....an overwhelmingly peaceful movement? has she been in a coma ffs this is just outright delusion at this stage. She has a massive chip on her shoulder. For such a "tiny fraction" BLM caused $2 Billion in damages. Some of the largest insurance payouts, with some companies trying to revoke government insurance because they didn't prevent it from happening. Nuts. I think sees seen the polls tho......

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1313577296922439681

$2Bn actually seems small all relativity considered for a movement of mass protests that has gone on for close to 4 months now, nationwide.

The 1992 Los Angeles Riots lasted less than a week, was focused on one locality and racked up over $1B in damages. Today that sum translates to $1.85B US.

Now $2B is still $2B but if you want to be apoplectic about the scales it seems entirely misplaced.

Overheal wrote: »
    $2Bn actually seems small all relativity considered for a movement of mass protests that has gone on for close to 4 months now, nationwide.

The 1992 Los Angeles Riots lasted less than a week, was focused on one locality and racked up over $1B in damages. Today that sum translates to $1.85B US.

Now $2B is still $2B but if you want to be apoplectic about the scales it seems entirely misplaced.

Ha. Amazing.

May as well argue that that woman that got killed in Charlottesville was only one woman... The amount of people killed by rioters and looters were much more. If you want to get apoplectic about that death, your concern is entirely misplaced.

The mental gymnastics some people go to, in order to downplay **** just because they are tied to their side, is both laughable and sickening. How anyone could support BLM is beyond me.

• Advertisement

Ha. Amazing.

May as well argue that that woman that got killed in Charlottesville was only one woman... The amount of people killed by rioters and looters were much more. If you want to get apoplectic about that death, your concern is entirely misplaced.

The mental gymnastics some people go to, in order to downplay **** just because they are tied to their side, is both laughable and sickening. How anyone could support BLM is beyond me.

In spite of your misplaced virtue signaling we were talking about monetary damages. Nice try to shift the goalpost.

Edit: if you want to compare deaths to the George Floyd protests and the LA riots you’d still be equally disappointed to learn how relatively lethal the former has been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 toffee dave

Are you actually saying $2B is acceptable?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

That is actually ridiculous. That is 2BN of lost business and property, actual costs likely many multiples of that.

Why do peaceful protesters feel the need to damage and destroy stuff

J_M_G wrote: »
    so now can you please respond to my question and provide us all with evidence of Trump "glorifying violence". Remember, glorifying self-defence obviously doesn't count, as I am sure you will agree.

Thanks for being patient with my desktop internet issues.

First let's re-clarify what I said:
    Trump has for months glorified counter protest violence and the right has heralded murderers are heroes under his leadership.

Quickly let's dispense the latter claim, as pretty trivial to get:

32538840-8676953-image-a-2_1598714142536.jpg

^ Twitter removed this tweet because it "violated the platforms' rules about violence after other users complained."

Other public figures also chimed in: https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2020/08/former-mlb-player-aubrey-huff-calls-accused-kenosha-gunman-kyle-rittenhouse-a-national-treasure-on-twitter.html

Trump himself offered defenses of Rittenhouse: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/31/trumps-illuminating-defense-kyle-rittenhouse/

Dallas Dept of Education had to investigate a teacher requiring students to write essays about Rittenhouse being a 'hero': https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2020/09/17/kenosha-shooter-kyle-rittenhouse-hero-dallas-teacher-assignment/3488991001/

Sliding back to the primary claim, The above link about Trump and Rittenhouse notes that Trump found really no fault with supporters of his driving into Portland and firing at bystanders with paintball guns, even though that is an illegal and yes, violent act.

In the wake of the DC protests around Lafayette Square, Trump had this to say of how beautiful he thought the carnage was:

In a much more recent example, at a rally 3 weeks ago Trump was speaking about Journalists who suffered injuries while covering protests and described it as 'beautiful:'

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1308567182436118528?s=20

And also mocked a reporter for being shot with rubber bullets:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1308566738280349696?s=20

“They’d grab one guy — I’m a reporter. I’m a reporter,’” Trump said, imitating the scene. “They threw him aside like he was a little bag of popcorn. Honestly, when you watch the crap that we’ve all had to take so long, when you see that — you don’t want to do that — but when you see it, it’s actually a beautiful sight.”

“It’s a beautiful sight,” he repeated.

At the onset of the protests in DC he posted this, which seemed to be a whistle for MAGA groups to come counter-protest in DC:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266724553620930561?s=20
    Trump was asked by a reporter: “With your tweets today, are you concerned that you might be stoking more racial violence or more racial discord?”

“No no, not at all,” Trump answered. “MAGA says make America great again. These are people that love our country.”

Trump then played his phony plausible deniability card, adding, “I have no idea if they’re going to be here. I was just asking.”

The president continued by praising his supporters’ supposed non-racist tendencies but at the same time made it clear that MAGA included very few black people.

“MAGA is make America great again,” Trump said. “By the way, they love African American people, they love black people. MAGA loves the black people.”

Trump continued, “I heard that MAGA wanted to be [at the White House to protest], a lot of MAGA was going to be there. I have no idea if that’s true or not, but they love our country. Remember, MAGA, it’s just an expression, but MAGA loves our country.”

A reporter then asked Trump, “Aren’t you encouraging [your supporters] to hold a counter-protest?”

After stumbling a bit on the question Trump said, “I don’t care.”

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1266777281717919744?s=20

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-opens-door-for-violent-clash-maga-counter-protests-at-white-house-1007952/

Trump also threatened protesters with "vicious dogs" and "ominous weapons" if they had managed to breach the fences. We now know from later leaked reports from the commander on the ground turned whistleblower at the time he was probably referring to the LRAD Sonic Weapon and The Active Denial System, which is literally a microwave cannon, it's designed to boil the water in peoples bodies and cook human skin to cause them immediate burning sensations in a manner to disperse them. The system was deemed too unethical to deploy in war zones.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266711221836931072?s=20

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266711224391213056?s=20

And, just in case more implicit evidence is needed of Trump's temerity at egging on violence that pleases him, ABC has a rundown of most of his salient commentary prior to May 30, 2018, here, with his most recent one at the time having been "when the looting starts, the shooting starts," (which twitter removed for "glorifying violence") which has deep roots in American history as a phrase, well, no sitting president should be saying. Ever. But, here's that list:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/back-trump-comments-perceived-encouraging-violence/story?id=48415766

And finally his own campaign staff admitting that the violence works great for him politically:

"The more chaos and anarchy and vandalism and violence reigns, the better it is for the very clear choice on who's best on public safety and law and order."

Now whether that resonates with people's own goalposts is up to the reader, in case you were expecting Trump to have gone up to a microphone and told his supporters to go beat people to death with their picket signs and **** down their necks or something. But as far as I and many others are concerned, this is a glorification and an encouragement of more unrest and violence, to serve his political agenda.

Are you actually saying $2B is acceptable?

$2B is still $2B

#ReadingComprehension

That is actually ridiculous. That is 2BN of lost business and property, actual costs likely many multiples of that.

Why do peaceful protesters feel the need to damage and destroy stuff

Why the oxymorons? Rioters and looters feel the need to loot and riot. Peaceful protestors do not damage and destroy stuff.

$2B is still $2B. I just can't ignore that it's taken 4 months to do, Nationwide what LA did in 6 days, to one section of LA. That's a stark contrast. And there's been, thankfully, less loss of life than in 1992 if the number I have is correct (19+ dead in 2020, 63 in 1992)

In spite of your misplaced virtue signaling we were talking about monetary damages. Nice try to shift the goalpost.

Edit: if you want to compare deaths to the George Floyd protests and the LA riots you’d still be equally disappointed to learn how relatively lethal the former has been.

Jesus... The irony of you of all people calling someone else a virtue signaller or accusing them of moving goalposts.

The LA riots aren't a meter stick I judge things by so it has little to no relevance

Jesus... The irony of you of all people calling someone else a virtue signaller or accusing them of moving goalposts.

The LA riots aren't a meter stick I judge things by so it has little to no relevance

What do you contrast it with, then, if not a modern, American, riot concerning racial justice/injustice?

Also, who are "you people?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 toffee dave

$2B is still $2B

#ReadingComprehension

Thanks for the clarification.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭J_M_G

Well, as expected Overheal, you came up with absolutely nothing of substance to justify your outrageous claim that Trump "glorifies violence".

I knew this was the exact approach you would try and take.

I'm about to tear your entire post to shreds.

Advertisement