Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

J_M_G wrote: »
    Well, as expected Overheal, you came up with absolutely nothing of substance to justify your outrageous claim that Trump "glorifies violence".

I knew this was the exact approach you would try and take.

I'm about to tear your entire post to shreds.

lol.

Twitter even removed one of his tweets, specifically, in their own words, for "Glorifying Violence." But you're welcome to continue to disagree with the reality on display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭J_M_G

Overheal wrote: »
    lol.

Twitter even removed one of his tweets, specifically, in their own words, for "Glorifying Violence." But you're welcome to continue to disagree with the reality on display.

Yeah because Twitter really love to be impartial and honest and absolutely not irrationally hysterical in any way when it comes to all things Trump, right? :rolleyes:

I'm making a proper reply to your entire post btw, so gimme a little time here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The fugitive wanted for rape, Jacob Blake, was released from the hospital and is now at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Rehabilitation Hospital for rehab on his spine. Blake's victim has been notified but there is no word when or if he will be arrested by Kenosha Police

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

The fugitive wanted for rape, Jacob Blake, was released from the hospital and is now at Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Rehabilitation Hospital for rehab on his spine. Blake's victim has been notified but there is no word when or if he will be arrested by Kenosha Police

Of course he should be rearrested. Vile pig he is.

And he’s the hill idiots like Naomi Osaka want to die on. Baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If only they hadn't pumped him full of holes, maybe they would have been able to more calmly served a warrant for the man innocent until proven guilty of sexual assault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Why the oxymorons? Rioters and looters feel the need to loot and riot. Peaceful protestors do not damage and destroy stuff.

$2B is still $2B. I just can't ignore that it's taken 4 months to do, Nationwide what LA did in 6 days, to one section of LA. That's a stark contrast. And there's been, thankfully, less loss of life than in 1992 if the number I have is correct (19+ dead in 2020, 63 in 1992)

Less loss of life ??? every major city in America has seen an increase in gun violence since the protests have started . Thanks to blm they've created an environment where cops can't do their jobs and are leaving in droves , Surprisingly it's mainly blacks again getting killed by other blacks

What do you contrast it with, then, if not a modern, American, riot concerning racial justice/injustice?

Also, who are "you people?"

I contrast it with thugs being thugs. There was absolutely no evidence that st George died due to his race. The only common ground between the two instances was the colour of king and Floyd's skin. The situations were exceptionally different. It's a false equivalency.

And "you people" are whatever you decide it means. I think it was quite obvious but I'm sure you have your own interpretation.

If only they hadn't pumped him full of holes, maybe they would have been able to more calmly served a warrant for the man innocent until proven guilty of sexual assault.

Will you ever stop making excuses for scumbags. You're unreal , do you actually read any facts about whose house he was at and resisting arrest or do you just care that he was a black man that got shot .

Alright Overheal, you could have just took the L and admitted that your claim that Trump "glorifies violence" and the right "herald murderers as heros" was a stupid thing to say. I would have happily accepted you simply standing corrected. But you insisted on trying to back up this claim after I called you delusional. So here we go, I'm going through every dishonest point you made.
    "Trump has for months glorified counter protest violence and the right has heralded murderers are heroes under his leadership." Quickly let's dispense the latter claim, as pretty trivial to get:

32538840-8676953-image-a-2_1598714142536.jpg

Kyle Rittenhouse did not "murder" anybody. He shot 3 antifa scumbags who were trying to kill him. He acted perfectly at every moment and only in self-defence. If you call that "murder" then I don't know what to say to you. Self-defence is not murder or violence, at least not in the way those terms are commonly understood and used by normal people.

As a quick aside, two of those guys he shot were convicted pedophiles btw. One in particular went to prison for over a decade for doing some truly horrific things to a child I won't detail here. These are the type of people you are ostensibly on the same side as. You should really introspect on that.

Here is a complete breakdown of the entire Rittenhouse event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4dhPM99i4I

It is essential viewing for anyone who thinks this kid did anything wrong.

So that's your first desperate point debunked. Did you really think an Ann Coulter tweet was going to be sufficient evidence that "the right heralds murderers as heros"? And that was your best effort? I'll ignore all your other linked resources that show support of Rittenhouse because they're all working off the same faulty premise as your Coulter tweet, namely that this kid did anything wrong at all and that the right are somehow guilty of heralding murderers as heroes and glorifying violence. They are glorifying his fully justified and righteous heroism.

I explicitly warned you about trying to conflate self-defence with violence to prop up your deluded narrative because I knew that was exactly the dishonest tack you would try to take. Yet you did it anyway. Dumb move. So you're off to a very bad start here, but let's keep going.
    Sliding back to the primary claim, The above link about Trump and Rittenhouse notes that Trump found really no fault with supporters of his driving into Portland and firing at bystanders with paintball guns, even though that is an illegal and yes, violent act.

You dun goofed again. Here's the paintball clip from Portland that I assume you are referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDp8CehAM7w

Notice anything?

That's right, more self defence. Antifa threw missiles at their vehicles FIRST. They should count themselves lucky it was only paintballs fired back at them.

Yet another incident of antifa "throwing the first punch". 100% justifiable self defence. End of story.

Here's a bonus clip from the same day btw. I do hate to link to a Guardian video given that they are a disgusting subversive rag, but whatever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaA6OlgvfvY

See all those antifa willfully running in front of a moving vehicle? Yeah that's illegal. Just like the paintballs instead of live ammo, they should consider themselves lucky they still have their spleens intact.

So you're 0 for 2 now.
    In a much more recent example, at a rally 3 weeks ago Trump was speaking about Journalists who suffered injuries while covering protests and described it as 'beautiful:'

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1308567182436118528?s=20

Ok this is another easy one. Here's the clip Trump is referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYGPoZJwi04

This dumbf**k CNN reporter is dressed in black, standing in the middle of a bunch of antifa rioters while police are (justifiably) firing tear gas at them to disperse. This was during a citywide curfew and these clowns were hurling projectiles at the cops. This clown reporter decides it would be a great idea to stand in the middle of them and is shocked when a gas canister wallops him on the leg. Yeah that's what happens dumbass.

Trump isn't "glorifying violence" against a reporter. Again, it's another dishonest use of that term. If a CNN reporter gets deservedly hurt in this instance it is perfectly reasonable for Trump to laugh at him and mock him relentlessly, and despite what you may try to claim, this is NOT glorifying violence. If this reporter was off to the side instead, and wearing proper clothing that identified him as a journalist, and a riot cop had walked up to him and shot him point blank, THAT would be violence. But that's not what happened, not even close, and you damn well know it's not.

0 for 3. Mate, this is just embarrassing.
    And also mocked a reporter for being shot with rubber bullets:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1308566738280349696?s=20

Again, wasn't rubber bullets, it was pepper balls and the reporter in question was behind the police line where she knew she wasn't supposed to be (and even said so in the clip), and there's no evidence she was even hit. Police officer likely just fired into the ground near her as a warning to get the hell back. She was in zero danger. Was the officer in question too forceful? Maybe. I don't know and we have one crappy clip to go by. But let's even say he was. Big deal. Let him be reprimanded and punished by his superior. I'm ok with that. But firing a couple of pepper balls at a reporter who got too close is hardly "violence". The way these scum have treated Trump over the last 4 years, I can hardly blame the guy for laughing at her at his rally. Calling this "glorifying violence" is an absolute farce.

0 for 4.
    “They’d grab one guy — I’m a reporter. I’m a reporter,’” Trump said, imitating the scene. “They threw him aside like he was a little bag of popcorn. Honestly, when you watch the crap that we’ve all had to take so long, when you see that — you don’t want to do that — but when you see it, it’s actually a beautiful sight.”

“It’s a beautiful sight,” he repeated.

Again, this isn't "glorifying violence". Being happy that the police pushed back rioters and some reporter gets caught up in it (let's be honest, and probably trying to provoke exactly that reaction from police to further their own agenda) is not "glorifying violence". You are taking so much liberty with that term it's beyond a joke. Glorifying violence means encouraging real physical harm against people and especially encouraging the instigation of it. A police officer pushing back people (who are breaking curfew and attacking them non-stop) is simply not that. I bet these cops don't even realise some of the people in front of them are reporters anyway. Do you expect them to ask for ID or something? It's a violent fast-moving situation and there's tons of footage showing these reporters put themselves right in the middle of the rioters instead of filming safely to one side. They do it on purpose and often deserve any pushback they receive. Trump was well within his rights to laugh at these people - people who themselves are gaslighting the American public into believing a fake narrative about systemic police racism and violence that simply does not exist and all the data conclusively shows as much.

0 for 5. This just feels like beating up the dim kid at school now.
    At the onset of the protests in DC he posted this, which seemed to be a whistle for MAGA groups to come counter-protest in DC:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1266724553620930561?s=20

Yeah counter-protesting is perfectly legal buddy. I've seen the clips of the secret service facing off with antifa at the white house. All self defence and perfectly justified. Amazing restraint shown by them in actuality. Trump completely reasonable in applauding them.

0 for 6. I'm getting bored now.
    Trump was asked by a reporter: “With your tweets today, are you concerned that you might be stoking more racial violence or more racial discord?”

“No no, not at all,” Trump answered. “MAGA says make America great again. These are people that love our country.”

Trump then played his phony plausible deniability card, adding, “I have no idea if they’re going to be here. I was just asking.”

The president continued by praising his supporters’ supposed non-racist tendencies but at the same time made it clear that MAGA included very few black people.

“MAGA is make America great again,” Trump said. “By the way, they love African American people, they love black people. MAGA loves the black people.”

Trump continued, “I heard that MAGA wanted to be [at the White House to protest], a lot of MAGA was going to be there. I have no idea if that’s true or not, but they love our country. Remember, MAGA, it’s just an expression, but MAGA loves our country.”

A reporter then asked Trump, “Aren’t you encouraging [your supporters] to hold a counter-protest?”

After stumbling a bit on the question Trump said, “I don’t care.”

Again, counter-protesting is perfectly legit. I have no idea where you're going with including this little exchange but my god, if that's your evidence for Trump glorifying violence, that is some grade A reaching my friend. LOL!

0 for 7. Yawn.
    Trump also threatened protesters with "vicious dogs" and "ominous weapons" if they had managed to breach the fences. We now know from later leaked reports from the commander on the ground turned whistleblower at the time he was probably referring to the LRAD Sonic Weapon and The Active Denial System, which is literally a microwave cannon, it's designed to boil the water in peoples bodies and cook human skin to cause them immediate burning sensations in a manner to disperse them. The system was deemed too unethical to deploy in war zones.

This is just tedious now. All of this is reasonable. It's highly illegal and inadvisable to try to break into the White House, bud. Secret Service will deservedly annihilate you. This is not "glorifying violence". I can't believe I actually have to point this out.

0 for 8. Kill me.
    And, just in case more implicit evidence is needed of Trump's temerity at egging on violence that pleases him, ABC has a rundown of most of his salient commentary prior to May 30, 2018, here, with his most recent one at the time having been "when the looting starts, the shooting starts," (which twitter removed for "glorifying violence") which has deep roots in American history as a phrase, well, no sitting president should be saying. Ever.

When the looting starts, the shooting should start. Once again, notice the common pattern. The initial violence - in this instance looting - is the proverbial "first punch" thrown. Fighting back is NOT violence. It's called self-defence and it is always righteous and should be encouraged.

0 for 9. Thank god this is the last one.
    And finally his own campaign staff admitting that the violence works great for him politically:

"The more chaos and anarchy and vandalism and violence reigns, the better it is for the very clear choice on who's best on public safety and law and order."

Now whether that resonates with people's own goalposts is up to the reader, in case you were expecting Trump to have gone up to a microphone and told his supporters to go beat people to death with their picket signs and **** down their necks or something. But as far as I and many others are concerned, this is a glorification and an encouragement of more unrest and violence, to serve his political agenda.

My god this is dishonest. His campaign staff mean that the violence generally speaking works well for his reelection campaign. Which it does. Because all the violence is being perpetrated by leftist communists and ordinary voters see the video footage with their own eyes and don't like it and hence they will want to vote for Trump. And you're somehow trying to twist this into what? A claim that this is Trump...encouraging it? Glorifying it? That's... quite the mental gymnastics there, but par for the course throughout your post.

0 for 10.

Even though my apology to you earlier was obviously sarcastic, just so there's no confusion, I now officially and totally withdraw that apology. In fact, I'm going to double down on my initial claim: You are utterly delusional.

I strongly suspect this will do nothing to make you reevaluate your worldview, because typically when presented with objective facts that go counter to an emotionally held narrative somebody has, the dissonance often has the effect of actually reinforcing the delusion, rather than suffering the emotional turmoil of having to admit their worldview was incorrect and seeking to adjust it. And with someone like Trump and right wing ideas in general, leftists are often too far gone to even begin the painful process of realizing they've been gaslit by a subversive media establishment for years.

You know what's really crazy though? I'm not even a Trump fan. But for completely different reasons than you're not. Because he failed on so many of his campaign promises and spent his 4 years shilling for Israel and yapping on about black unemployment even though he can't even break double digits with black voters. He completely abandoned his base and most of them don't even realize it and will vote for him again simply because Biden is a nightmare.

And with that, I rest my case.

Attacking houses, smashing windows and damaging properties in suburban neighbourhoods is unacceptable and a quick way to lose support that they had left. Such undesirable low lives need to be sorted out. Again, these louts wouldn't be brave enough to try this in open carry states.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1314032224094752771

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Attacking houses, smashing windows and damaging properties in suburban neighbourhoods is unacceptable and a quick way to lose support that they had left. Such undesirable low lives need to be sorted out. Again, these louts wouldn't be brave enough to try this in open carry states.

Open carry just refers to being allowed to carry your gun openly in public, i.e. strapped over your shoulder or in a holster on your hip. Open carry has nothing to do with homeowners with guns in their own home.

I've said it before but you are going to get instances of people getting fed up of this sh1t and opening up on a bunch of violent protesters with a belt fed machine gun and given the carry on of this crowd, I wouldn't be awfully sympathetic if someone did open fire on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We need bigger prisons to house all these idiots that keep attacking regular citizens and their property.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

I see the blackshirts are keeping active out and about harassing innocent people as usual, good to have hobbies to keep busy I suppose.

biko wrote: »
    We need bigger prisons to house all these idiots that keep attacking regular citizens and their property.

We need a big hole in the ground !!!!

For every crime you see on video I'm sure there are many where no one was filming.

Portland DA rejects over 540 riot-related cases in 'interest of justice'
    https://thepostmillennial.com/portland-d-a-rejects-over-540-riot-related-cases-in-interest-of-justice

Mostly baizuo it seems

Antifa-mugshots.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Great word.

They must all have the same colourist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

https://thepostmillennial.com/portland-d-a-rejects-over-540-riot-related-cases-in-interest-of-justice

Mostly baizuo it seems

Antifa-mugshots.jpg

The literal 'ugly face of Antifa'....

It's like one of those captcha's that stumps you by asking you to select all squares that don't contain a mental case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Mostly baizuo it seems

Antifa-mugshots.jpg

Why would you bother your hole being a cop in the States? Get lambasted from all sides even when you do your job correctly, put your life on the line in work every day, arrest those who are acting the boll1x rioting only to see them released to cause further mayhem. What a poxy job in these times.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Mostly baizuo it seems

Antifa-mugshots.jpg

I would imagine not many of them vote.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

statesaver wrote: »
    I would imagine not many of them vote.

If any of them have a job that doesn’t involve fries I’d be shocked.

Mostly baizuo it seems

Antifa-mugshots.jpg

The lad in the second row, that's second from the right.....the size of his head. Kobe Bryants helicopter could have landed on that.

Mostly baizuo it seems

Antifa-mugshots.jpg

I know you're not meant to judge a book by its cover but that's some collection of freaks and social rejects in that pic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I know you're not meant to judge a book by its cover but that's some collection of freaks and social rejects in that pic

I am sure a lot of those would have their own pronouns too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Mostly baizuo it seems

Antifa-mugshots.jpg

Looks like Guess Who, social justice edition.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

Mostly baizuo it seems

Antifa-mugshots.jpg

Jaysus, that bottom one on the left looks like she’d take a sledgehammer to a dogs head if he ate her sandwich.

The guy third from left, second bottom row looks like he has a hard on for cops given he died his hair to look like police car lights.

And the guy third in from the top? He looks like one of the those 10 years after crack use pictures if Donald Trump was a crack addict

Antifa-mugshots.jpg

Spiteful mutants.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Antifa truly is a tool of the elites forged from the dregs of society.

• Advertisement

Bodyshaming in full effect. Ugh..... You bigots

Advertisement