Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

threatening security guards to keep quiet — or be labeled racist
    Yelp will help with that

Yelp to label businesses accused of racist behaviour
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54508911

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

biko wrote: »
    Yelp will help with that

Yelp to label businesses accused of racist behaviour
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54508911

“The US president's son, Donald Trump Jr, wrote: "What are the odds that this isn't insanely abused?"

Little Don is turning out to be a beacon of sense recently- who would have thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

A black man charged with pulling down abraham lincoln's statue, you couldn't make it up

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1316193392804720640?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A black man charged with pulling down abraham lincoln's statue, you couldn't make it up

Why, you might ask, on Columbus/Indigenous Peoples Day?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lincoln-dakota/

note: that's not me agreeing with or endorsing it, just sharing their 'rationale' for something otherwise seemingly bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Where are the Sopranos when you need em ?

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Why, you might ask, on Columbus/Indigenous Peoples Day?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lincoln-dakota/

note: that's not me agreeing with or endorsing it, just sharing their 'rationale' for something otherwise seemingly bizarre

The mob don't need a rationale, whats the rationale behind attacking businesses , cops and a museum that night aswell . Bunch of idiots . If they feel so passionate about their ancestors stealing the Indians land , why don't they sell their own homes and give the money to the Indians

If they feel so passionate about their ancestors stealing the Indians land, why don't they sell their own homes and give the money to the Indians

The average home is what, an apartment, or half an acre?

That's like saying if you're so concerned about the ocean level rising why don't you bring a bucket of water home.

https://www.vox.com/2014/6/19/5824380/the-theft-of-native-americans-land-in-one-animated-map

Just a tacitly stupid remark to make. Right up there with if you have so many complaints about your country why don't you leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Sorry to disappoint but according to the article it was the white guy who pulled down the statue.

20Cent wrote: »
    Sorry to disappoint but according to the article it was the white guy who pulled down the statue.

True - the black dude has been charged with breaking into the history museum - the one where the beautiful quilt - made by 15 Black women - was stolen and damaged.

Real pillar of his community I’m sure.

The sooner BLM extricate themselves from Antifa, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

20Cent wrote: »

Its always the black guy on this thread though, you know that.

• Advertisement

Its always the black guy on this thread though, you know that.

Actually, it’s not - that’s the thing. Most of the rioters/looters/vandals are young, white /‘alternative looking’ kids - and the arrest records seem to back that up. BLM would do well to distance themselves from this anarchist element if they want to retain any credibility.
    I think most people would agree that black people in the US have a rightful grievance. (Not that every bad thing that happens them is white mans fault though) IMO Antifa are exploiting their platform for their own aims.

Actually, it’s not - that’s the thing. Most of the rioters/looters/vandals are young, white /‘alternative looking’ kids - and the arrest records seem to back that up. BLM would do well to distance themselves from this anarchist element if they want to retain any credibility.
    I think most people would agree that black people in the US have a rightful grievance. (Not that every bad thing that happens them is white mans fault though) IMO Antifa are exploiting their platform for their own aims.

Can you link to these arrest records please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Fyi everyone should know Andy NGO is a bad faith actor so not a good source of information.

Good to see all the BLM / antifa apologists out tonight.

It would get fairly samey otherwise, in fairness. Page after page of Twitter videos from trusted news sources like Andy Ngo. I mean a quick look at his wiki page tells you how trustworthy and definitely not biased he is.
    In May 2017 Ngo was fired from the Portland State University (PSU) student newspaper, The Vanguard, for, according to the paper's editor, publishing on Twitter an out-of-context video segment of a student's remarks at a panel, which were later seized on by the far-right website Breitbart News.[2] Ngo claimed that his firing was an attempt to stifle free speech, garnering support from some conservatives.[3] Ngo then worked as a writer and editor for Quillette.
    In June 2019, Ngo was attacked and injured by unidentified participants at a counter protest to a Proud Boys march in Portland. Ngo was hit with a milkshake and claimed that blows to his head caused him to suffer a brain injury.[4] He blamed antifa activists for the assault. Ngo has filed a lawsuit against Rose City Antifa related to this incident.
    In August 2019, footage from May was published showing Ngo with armed Patriot Prayer members prior to an alleged attack on a bar frequented by antifa protesters. Ngo did not film the alleged planning of the attack, but did film parts of the attack itself. Ngo disputes that he was aware of the details of the plan.
    Several media outlets, including The Oregonian and The Rolling Stone, have described him as a "right-wing provocateur".[11][12][13][14][15][16][17] BuzzFeed News said that "Ngo's work is probably best described as media activism" and that he engages in "participant reporting".[6] New York magazine cites Ngo as an example of "busybody journalism", which is distinguished from experiential journalism by its "focus on the individual reporter's feelings" and absence of editorial fact-checking.[18]
    He has also been accused of using selectively edited videos and sharing misleading and inaccurate information to paint antifa activists as violent, and to underplay the violence of the far-right.[37][38][12][39][40][41][42]

Really makes you think.

It would get fairly samey otherwise, in fairness. Page after page of Twitter videos from trusted news sources like Andy Ngo. I mean a quick look at his wiki page tells you how trustworthy and definitely not biased he is.

Really makes you think.

I've seen enough editted videos of cars made to look like they're ramming the protestors . When in fact if you see the whole video the protestors are attacking the cars first , so it goes on in both sides . How anyone can support BLM antifa after all the destruction they've caused , needs to get their heads examined

I've seen enough editted videos of cars made to look like they're ramming the protestors . When in fact if you see the whole video the protestors are attacking the cars first , so it goes on in both sides . How anyone can support BLM antifa after all the destruction they've caused , needs to get their heads examined

So you agree that Andy Ngo, a regularly posted Twitter account on this thread, is biased?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Thank God for Andy Ngo or we'd all believe these are just fiery but mostly peaceful gatherings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Thank God for Andy Ngo or we'd all believe these are just fiery but mostly peaceful gatherings.

It was a real summer of love

So you agree that Andy Ngo, a regularly posted Twitter account on this thread, is biased?

I'll take that as a yes.
    SexBobomb wrote: »

Hey, you're free to believe whatever nonsense you want, even obviously biased Twitter "reporting". You're in the right place. Lets just keep it to here lads, eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Kyle Rittenhouse has had one gun charge dropped. Turns out he didn't illegally bring a gun across state lines.

He still has a pile of other charges to face but I can see him overcoming them too.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-kyle-rittenhouse-gun-20201013-cp5ecbdjx5didir6bwdkxyoa3m-story.html

• Advertisement

Can you link to these arrest records please?

Ok, I’ll rephrase - going by the profiles I’ve seen of those that are being arrested.
    Or are you arguing that it’s mostly BLM and not Antifa doing the violent law breaking and looting?

So someone reporting the facts of what's going on in Portland is biased . Do you think he's making it all up ?

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Kyle Rittenhouse has had one gun charge dropped. Turns out he didn't illegally bring a gun across state lines.

He still has a pile of other charges to face but I can see him overcoming them too.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-kyle-rittenhouse-gun-20201013-cp5ecbdjx5didir6bwdkxyoa3m-story.html

He should be given a medal and have all his charges dropped

He should be given a medal and have all his charges dropped

Why?

Do you want to see more vigilante violence, or less?

So someone reporting the facts of what's going on in Portland is biased . Do you think he's making it all up ?

How do you know its all fact? Because Andy on Twitter said so? I've already shown how obviously biased he is but you're taking it as fact because you don't care, it suits the general narrative on this thread. He links it to BLM/Antifa, no one else.

It seems as though the statue toppling was carried out by a group called Indigenous Action. Andy's article links it to BLM/Antifa so people who are already biased will just go "f*cking BLM/Antifa at it again". Its all in the framing and how many white lies you can insert.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Why?

There wouldn't have been any violence from Rittenhouse if he hadn't been attacked by BLM protesters first.

Video evidence is clear, Rittenhouse was being chased and assaulted and he defended himself. I see nothing wrong with what Rittenhouse did there.

The only question in my mind is whether Rittenhouse was entitled to have the gun there in the first place. And as Manic Moran showed earlier in the thread, it's arguable that he was allowed to have the gun there.

Rittenhouse was helping protect property, property that some BLM scum were intent on wrecking.

Ok, I’ll rephrase - going by the profiles I’ve seen of those that are being arrested.

Which is prone to a load of recency bias, wouldn't you say?

These are 24 mugshots, out of a Portland sample set of 540 (4.4%), Which would itself be a sample set of the 10,000 or so arrests we've discussed frequently here (0.24%, 5.4% Portland).
    Or are you arguing that it’s mostly BLM and not Antifa doing the violent law breaking and looting?

I am not making that argument. I have no information to argue that either way, people are not booked by "BLM" or "Antifa." I can't off the top of my head even think about how I would begin to unironically start figuring that out. Do you?

Why?

What would you rather see, more spoilt rich white people go round burning everything to the ground ? You've got a weak mayor of portland whose a clown for bending over to the anarchists , of course people are gonna step up to stop entitled scumbags destroying everything

BattleCorp wrote: »
    There wouldn't have been any violence from Rittenhouse if he hadn't been attacked by BLM protesters first.

Video evidence is clear, Rittenhouse was being chased and assaulted and he defended himself. I see nothing wrong with what Rittenhouse did there.

The only question in my mind is whether Rittenhouse was entitled to have the gun there in the first place. And as Manic Moran showed earlier in the thread, it's arguable that he was allowed to have the gun there.

Rittenhouse was helping protect property, property that some BLM scum were intent on wrecking.

This does zilch to answer the question asked.

Why does he deserve a medal?

Are you opposed to or do you support vigilantism?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Why?

He was attacked by vicious white liberals who have been murdering people on the streets of the US for months now, not to mention the rioting and mayhem they have inflicted...he was lucky he had a gun on him or he would be dead.

Advertisement