Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

These are the types of people Biden kneels for... BLM bull****!!

Not actually, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Overheal wrote: »
    How would you know? What is a subhuman?

I strongly recommend staying off such junk 'news' sites though, Conspiracy Theory outlet that's about it.

Is an ABC affiliate OK?

https://wpde.com/news/crime/officer-airlifted-to-hospital-after-trying-to-arrest-a-man
    ROBESON COUNTY, N.C. (WPDE) — Twenty-seven-year-old Michael Sale with Rowland Police Department had to be airlifted to UNC Medical Center just after 1 a.m. Saturday morning after he was beaten while trying to arrest a man on Benton Court, according to Rowland Police Chief Hubert B. Graham.
    He added they've charged Jamel Alphonso Rogers with assault with a deadly weapon with intentions to kill while inflicting serious injuries, kidnapping and two counts of resisting a public officer.
    The video shows the fight lasted for nearly 11 minutes. During the incident, Sale asked a man to help, but the man refused to offer him any assistance.

Several people come outside and some urge others to help.

The video shows one man pulls the man away from the officer but lets him go.

The man then goes back to attack the officer and repeatedly punches him in the face.

Who would want to be a police officer nowadays?
    The chickens will come home to roost in years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

How would you know? What is a subhuman?

Maybe he has access to a dictionary, like most of us have.

Let's see what they say, shall we ?
    failing to attain the level (as of morality or intelligence) associated with normal human beings

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/subhuman
    having or showing behaviour or characteristics that are much worse than those expected of ordinary people:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/subhuman

Deflect away now, as you do.

So basically you're dehumanising in an effort to legitimise killing him. That's pretty horrendous.

Now now Cathy Newman. I never once attempted to legitimise any killing. I just pointed out that because of a pattern of behaviour by the individuals named, I would deem them to be scumbags.

A history of repeatedly breaking the law would justify that assumption.

But grasp those pearls tight.

It is both sad and hilarious that instead of agreeing that the two individuals are scumbags, you automatically jump to the erroneous conclusion that I am justifying harm onto them.

Magnificent leap in logic there.
    No they are persons. George Floyd is George Floyd. Jacob Blake is Jacob Blake. Donald Trump is Donald Trump.

Shockingly, I agree. But I would also add the adjective "scumbags" to the noun. It is possible to be a scumbag and a person simultaneously. You know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

This is disgusting. Only subhumans would do this. https://twitter.com/CassandraRules/status/1318321368975409154

What does that have to do with BLM or the thread?

• Advertisement

20Cent wrote: »
    What does that have to do with BLM or the thread?

I would hazard a guess that the rhetoric of a not insignificant number of BLM supporters advocating for violence against police may be the reason it could be relevant.

I would hazard a guess that the rhetoric of a not insignificant number of BLM supporters advocating for violence against police may be the reason it could be relevant.

BLM don't call for violence against the police.
    Their events have been overwhelmingly peaceful.

BLM don't call for violence against the police.
    Their events have been overwhelmingly peaceful.

Good thing I said BLM supporters then.

And it may have escaped your attention but I am sorry to say, there has been a large amount of violence and chaos caused by people under the guise of BLM activism.

Good thing I said BLM supporters then.

And it may have escaped your attention but I am sorry to say, there has been a large amount of violence and chaos caused by people under the guise of BLM activism.

Under the guise.
    So they aren't BLM activists just people taking advantage of a situation.
    That's what I think as well.

Research into demonstrations and political violence.
    https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/demonstrations-political-violence-in-america-new-data-for-summer-2020/

While the US has long been home to a vibrant protest environment, demonstrations surged to new levels in 2020. Between 24 May and 22 August, ACLED records more than 10,600 demonstration events across the country. Over 10,100 of these — or nearly 95% — involve peaceful protesters. Fewer than 570 — or approximately 5% — involve demonstrators engaging in violence. Well over 80% of all demonstrations are connected to the Black Lives Matter movement or the COVID-19 pandemic.

Under the guise.
    So they aren't BLM activists just people taking advantage of a situation.
    That's what I think as well.

Research into demonstrations and political violence.
    https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/demonstrations-political-violence-in-america-new-data-for-summer-2020/

While the US has long been home to a vibrant protest environment, demonstrations surged to new levels in 2020. Between 24 May and 22 August, ACLED records more than 10,600 demonstration events across the country. Over 10,100 of these — or nearly 95% — involve peaceful protesters. Fewer than 570 — or approximately 5% — involve demonstrators engaging in violence. Well over 80% of all demonstrations are connected to the Black Lives Matter movement or the COVID-19 pandemic.

No. They are activists. See, that's the beauty of your (lack of) logic. You don't get to cherry pick. I'm sure there are very fine people who support BLM. A lot of their support though are thugs.

I'm sure those stats are scant reassurance to the many many business damaged and people injured by people "protesting" under the BLM umbrella.

• Advertisement

No. They are activists. See, that's the beauty of your (lack of) logic. You don't get to cherry pick. I'm sure there are very fine people who support BLM. A lot of their support though are thugs.

I'm sure those stats are scant reassurance to the many many business damaged and people injured by people "protesting" under the BLM umbrella.

What is the evidence that "a lot of their support" are thugs?
    Only 5% of marches had violence at them.

What is the evidence that "a lot of their support" are thugs?
    Only 5% of marches had violence at them.

Widespread looting and violent conduct.

That'd be my proof.

Widespread looting and violent conduct.

That'd be my proof.

So that's a no.
    Looting and violence cannot be just attributed to BLM.
    There has been a lot of anger about police brutality plenty of different groups have been taking advantage of the tensions. This idea that cities have been taken over and set on fire is nonsense just Trump administration exaggerating in order to get votes.

So that's a no.
    Looting and violence cannot be just attributed to BLM.
    There has been a lot of anger about police brutality plenty of different groups have been taking advantage of the tensions. This idea that cities have been taken over and set on fire is nonsense just Trump administration exaggerating in order to get votes.

I have absolutely no doubt that you think that what you are saying is true. That doesn't make it so.

I never once said that it is JUST BLM who carry out looting and violence. They are a part of it though

There has been many videos, many reports and of the many instances of BLM associated thuggery. If you choose to think it is made up, that is perfectly "on brand" and willfully ignorant.

As I said, there are plenty of BLM activists who are good people and who have noble intentions, however there is a sizable amount of racist and violent thugs who operate under the banner too. To say otherwise is pure idiocy.

I have absolutely no doubt that you think that what you are saying is true. That doesn't make it so.

I never once said that it is JUST BLM who carry out looting and violence. They are a part of it though

There has been many videos, many reports and of the many instances of BLM associated thuggery. If you choose to think it is made up, that is perfectly "on brand" and willfully ignorant.

As I said, there are plenty of BLM activists who are good people and who have noble intentions, however there is a sizable amount of racist and violent thugs who operate under the banner too. To say otherwise is pure idiocy.

Sorry but there is no evidence that a "sizable amount" are violent. The vast majority have been peaceful. It is also wrong to blame anything that happens anywhere on BLM as well like that tweet above. It is a peaceful organisation trying to do some good for their community and they should be commended for it. Hopefully there will be police reforms to stop this happening again.

Sorry but there is no evidence that a "sizable amount" are violent. The vast majority have been peaceful. It is also wrong to blame anything that happens anywhere on BLM as well like that tweet above. It is a peaceful organisation trying to do some good for their community and they should be commended for it. Hopefully there will be police reforms to stop this happening again.

I wholeheartedly disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

As has been often noted by supporters on this thread BLM is considered a movement and not an organization. And that's part of the problem. We've seen BLM leaders refer to looting as 'reparations'. And we've see protests devolves into rioting, looting and violence. And since BLM is not an organization there's no one governing body to hold accountable or even appeal to.

This movement has empowered a lot of thugs, and the blind media support no matter what happens has only emboldened them further.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Cordell

The people accusing Trump of empowering racists should also admit that BLM and Antifa are empowering looting thugs. It's only fair.

Cordell wrote: »
    The people accusing Trump of empowering racists should also admit that BLM and Antifa are empowering looting thugs. It's only fair.

The irony being that swathes of BLM activists are inherently racist themselves is lost on many supporters.

As has been often noted by supporters on this thread BLM is considered a movement and not an organization. And that's part of the problem. We've seen BLM leaders refer to looting as 'reparations'. And we've see protests devolves into rioting, looting and violence. And since BLM is not an organization there's no one governing body to hold accountable or even appeal to.

This movement has empowered a lot of thugs, and the blind media support no matter what happens has only emboldened them further.

How has it "empowered" thugs?

Would be interested to know what black people need to do when seeking social justice. They tried kneeling that didn't work, then marches, that gets critisised. Dunno what they are supposed to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Would be interested to know what black people need to do when seeking social justice. They tried kneeling that didn't work, then marches, that gets critisised. Dunno what they are supposed to do.

If they couldn't handle getting criticised they had no conviction. Rioting and intimidation has backfired on them.

Good question.

Lets look at the big three though.

Perhaps George should have complied with police directions.
    Perhaps Jacob should have complied with police directions
    Perhaps Breonna's boyfriend shouldn't have shot at the police.

Were the police blameless in their actions? Not at all. They are being investigated in accordance with the law and rightfully so.

Were any of these cases racially motivated? There is no evidence at all to support that.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    If they couldn't handle getting criticised they had no conviction. Rioting and intimidation has backfired on them.

It was more than critisism, many were attacked and beaten.
    Sports stars taking the knee fired and threatened by the president.

Good question.

Lets look at the big three though.

Perhaps George should have complied with police directions.
    Perhaps Jacob should have complied with police directions
    Perhaps Breonna's boyfriend shouldn't have shot at the police.

Were the police blameless in their actions? Not at all. They are being investigated in accordance with the law and rightfully so.

Were any of these cases racially motivated? There is no evidence at all to support that.

Black people should just do as they are told and not complain.
    Got you.

Black people should just do as they are told and not complain.
    Got you.

Where in the name of the little baby jesus did you pick that up from what I said?

George Floyd should have complied with police instructions. Yes or no?

Jacob Blake should not have reached into his car when it could have been reasonably assumed he was reaching for a weapon. Yes or no?

Breonna Taylor's boyfriend should not have shot policemen entering his apartment with a warrant. Yes or no?

This in no way absolves the police from their actions if found to be against protocol.

From asking these questions, you have alluded that I have said black people should do what they are told?

You are absolutely typical of the ideals you support and paint everyone who questions your little narrative as racist and inventing racism where none exists just to attempt to prove your dishonest beliefs.

That is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

markodaly wrote: »
    Is an ABC affiliate OK?

https://wpde.com/news/crime/officer-airlifted-to-hospital-after-trying-to-arrest-a-man

Who would want to be a police officer nowadays?
    The chickens will come home to roost in years to come.

Amazing how the police do not seem to think the person recording is scum, they seem extremely grateful that it was recorded:

"I'm thankful for the video because it pretty much proves my case for my officer,"

Where in the name of the little baby jesus did you pick that up from what I said?

George Floyd should have complied with police instructions. Yes or no?

Jacob Blake should not have reached into his car when it could have been reasonably assumed he was reaching for a weapon. Yes or no?

Breonna Taylor's boyfriend should not have shot policemen entering his apartment with a warrant. Yes or no?

This in no way absolves the police from their actions if found to be against protocol.

From asking these questions, you have alluded that I have said black people should do what they are told?

You are absolutely typical of the ideals you support and paint everyone who questions your little narrative as racist and inventing racism where none exists just to attempt to prove your dishonest beliefs.

That is disgusting.

Your experience as a black man living in the USA is invaluable to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

There'll always be some critics no matter what people do. But the line needs to be drawn at violence. Wouldn't you agree?

There'll always be some critics no matter what people do. But the line needs to be drawn at violence. Wouldn't you agree?

BLM is against violence.
    If someone uses a march as an opportunity to do it then they are not responsible.

• Advertisement

Your experience as a black man living in the USA is invaluable to this thread.

Its almost as important as your white knighting and virtue signaling. Almost.

On a side note, it is telling that you automatically discount my opinion because of my race and location.

Advertisement