Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Oh cool.

What were "his own reasons"?

I'm all ears.

Abolish racism from the police force... I've heard it all now

Divide and conquer, look at the democrat run cities up in flames, vote for me. Also his tough guy image, goes down well with his base.
    You think it would be impossible to get rid of racism from the police force?

Listen, what you need to realise is this -

The only reason Trump got near the presidency is that the Democrats for decades now have cultivated the deranged demographic of identity politics, race politics, gender studies, rainbow claptrap... at the expense of the completely alienated 'average working Joe' vote.

The real reason that many MOR Republicans hate the Democrats - is that they consistently fail to produce a credible moderate candidate for a two-horse race.

As you sow, shall you reap. And here we are.

Thought right wingers took responsibility for their actions. Trump is the Dems fault now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

20Cent wrote: »
    Thought right wingers took responsibility for their actions.

We know the pink hair brigade don't.

But enough of your facile cliches.
    Trump is the Dems fault now lol.

YES.

Traditional Democrat voters in traditional Democrat areas voted the other way, after decades of a perception that they were being sidelined by a party that was more interested in courting a 'progressive' (actually, deranged) demographic than in representing blue collar decline.

And all the talking heads in the media laughed all the way through.

But they weren't laughing on the night.

Because like yourself, they are out of touch with real people .

Corona will be his undoing, not the fact that BLM are out of control.

look at the democrat run cities up in flames,

Yes, look.

Divide and conquer, look at the democrat run cities up in flames, vote for me. Also his tough guy image, goes down well with his base.
    You think it would be impossible to get rid of racism from the police force?

Yes.

You can't get rid of racism.

Do you think you can? That's ****ing scary.

Do you honestly think you can force people to think a certain way?

Racism should never be tolerated in society, but as much as I disagree with it, racists should be able to hold racist views.

With regards to the police force, anyone who is outwardly and presents themselves as racist should obviously be relieved from their duty. But that would not stop racists getting jobs in the police force.

a lot of democrat cities who pandered to the BLM mob had high levels of rioting. That's not divide and conquer. I personally think they should have had been shut down with harsher enforcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Signs that the tide is turning against BLM, at least in the UK.
    People are finally realising what a toxic organisation BLM is.

"BLM is an anti capitalist Political movement"
    "I want to be absolutely clear, this Government stands unequivocally against Critical Race Theory"

https://twitter.com/calvinrobinson/status/1318624835937931265

Interesting to hear the UK government speaking out against critical race theory. This theoretical framework from the US pushes the idea all white people as born racists and is being aggressively pushed here atm with ms. Joseph of Shelbourne fame is one of the leading proponents of this political and racist ideology.

Yes.

Racism should never be tolerated in society, but as much as I disagree with it, racists should be able to hold racist views.

With regards to the police force, anyone who is outwardly and presents themselves as racist should obviously be relieved from their duty. But that would not stop racists getting jobs in the police force.

a lot of democrat cities who pandered to the BLM mob had high levels of rioting. That's not divide and conquer. I personally think they should have had been shut down with harsher enforcement.

Totally agree anyone who is racist has no business in the police force and should be thrown out. If Trump even just said that and organised a commission or something the problems would have been a lot less. Instead he encouraged police violence and threatened to send the army in. Fanning the flames as I said.

Yes, look.

:
    It's been hugely exaggerated so Trump could act the tough guy and to scare his base so they will vote for him.

We know the pink hair brigade don't.

But enough of your facile cliches.

YES.

Traditional Democrat voters in traditional Democrat areas voted the other way, after decades of a perception that they were being sidelined by a party that was more interested in courting a 'progressive' (actually, deranged) demographic than in representing blue collar decline.

And all the talking heads in the media laughed all the way through.

But they weren't laughing on the night.

Because like yourself, they are out of touch with real people .

Corona will be his undoing, not the fact that BLM are out of control.

Numbers don't indicate that Dems voted for Trump. Hilary Clinton got almost as many votes as Obama did to win. Trump was just lucky with where his were and the electoral college. He got less votes than HC.

Totally agree anyone who is racist has no business in the police force and should be thrown out. If Trump even just said that and organised a commission or something the problems would have been a lot less. Instead he encouraged police violence and threatened to send the army in. Fanning the flames as I said.

Obama never said that.

Clinton never said that.

Reagan never said that.

Bush never said that.

Strangely though, because trump never used the words "anyone who is a racist has no business on the police force" that means he is somehow complicit through omission.

The more I think about it, he never said Jesus wasn't gay. That must mean he thinks Jesus was gay.

• Advertisement

:
    It's been hugely exaggerated so Trump could act the tough guy and to scare his base so they will vote for him.

You're waffling. They wouldn't be his base if they needed to be 'scared into' voting for him.

Anyway, the usual deflection of the real issue - Democrat-run cities in a state of chaos.

Are you so naive that you think a Democrat politician wouldn't play into that if the boot was on the other foot ?

Have a chat with yourself.

:

Well that is not only bull****, it's ****ing stupid.

Well that is not only bull****, it's ****ing stupid.

Cities burning is what Trump said. They had "taken over" Portland. Etc etc

Numbers don't indicate that Dems voted for Trump. Hilary Clinton got almost as many votes as Obama did to win. Trump was just lucky with where his were and the electoral college. He got less votes than HC.

The Rust Belt, sonny. The Rust Belt.

He was certainly lucky that the Democrats contrived for decades to ignore it.

They're called 'Battleground States' for a reason. Ignore them at your peril.

You're waffling. They wouldn't be his base if they needed to be 'scared into' voting for him.

Anyway, the usual deflection of the real issue - Democrat-run cities in a state of chaos.

Are you so naive that you think a Democrat politician wouldn't play into that if the boot was on the other foot ?

Have a chat with yourself.

Yeah Democrat cities in a state of chaos is exactly the false narrative Trump wanted. Vote for me or your city will be on fire. Luckily it's not working people see through it.

Cities burning is what Trump said. They had "taken over" Portland. Etc etc

And?

Did you see the state of Portland? Did you see the police free zones set up in other areas?

It was utter chaos.

Yeah Democrat cities in a state of chaos is exactly the false narrative Trump wanted. Vote for me or your city will be on fire. Luckily it's not working people see through it.

It was fine though yeah? No bother at all? Your beloved antifa crowd were sorting it all out in conjunction with the BLM crew.

To quote your boy...

"Come on man"

And?

Did you see the state of Portland? Did you see the police free zones set up in other areas?

It was utter chaos.

Portland is fine, a few hippies setup tents looked like a farmer's market. They didn't "take over" the city or burn it down. Total exaggeration.

Portland is fine, a few hippies setup tents looked like a farmer's market. They didn't "take over" the city or burn it down. Total exaggeration.

Cool. And covid is just a flu.

(For clarity, I said that to lampoon the stupidity of the post I quoted)

Considerable exaggeration there, I'd say.

You have to be trolling.

Surely ?

• Advertisement

You have to be trolling.

Surely ?

Unfortunately not. A good example of the incredible ignorance out there at the moment though.

Unfortunately not. A good example of the incredible ignorance out there at the moment though.

You're talking about the incredible ignorance out there, yet don't think that your describing Portland as -
    a few hippies setup tents look like a farmer's market

is an exaggeration ?

:D

Here's how Ted Wheeler saw it -
    Burning buildings with people inside, stealing from small and large businesses, threatening and harassing reporters. All in the middle of a pandemic where people have already lost everything. This isn't calling for meaningful change in our communities, this is disgusting...

But sure, he's only the Mayor of Portland. What would he know that you don't ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It did give me a giggle when you said John Oliver is balanced. Thank you.

Literally not what I said. I said the segment was balanced and that John Oliver is a staunch liberal. I suggest re reading the post.

Yes.

That’s all you had to say.

gozunda wrote: »
    Interesting to hear the UK government speaking out against critical race theory. This theoretical framework from the US pushes the idea all white people as born racists and is being aggressively pushed here atm with ms. Joseph of Shelbourne fame is one of the leading proponents of this political and racist ideology.

Do you have a source for that?

You have to be trolling.

Surely ?

Chaz the so called Portland Free Zone was six blocks and lasted a month.
    Hardly "taking over the city and burning it".
    It's like saying Occupy Wall Street Took over New York.

Mayor Jenny Durkan described the area on June 11 as four blocks in Seattle with a block party atmosphere, a common occurrence for Capitol Hill, stating, "It's not an armed takeover.
    On June 14, USA Today reported a festive environment, comparing the protest to a miniature version of Burning Man.
    On June 12, Black Lives Matter protesters negotiated with local officials to leave the zone

1200px-BLM_Seattle_on_June_9%2C_2020_-_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

CHAZ/CHOP was more than a few tents;

Two days in protesters were begging for food, because local bums stole their food.

There were murders and even a local warlord.

Local residents were afraid to move around in their occupied neighbourhood, some had to leave.

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan (the person you say described it as a block party) declared CHOP protesters dangerous after they marched to her home :D

Thread from at the time with more info
    https://www.boards.ie/mobile/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058085860

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Chaz the so called Portland Free Zone was six blocks and lasted a month.
    Hardly "taking over the city and burning it".
    It's like saying Occupy Wall Street Took over New York.

Mayor Jenny Durkan described the area on June 11 as four blocks in Seattle with a block party atmosphere, a common occurrence for Capitol Hill, stating, "It's not an armed takeover.
    On June 14, USA Today reported a festive environment, comparing the protest to a miniature version of Burning Man.
    On June 12, Black Lives Matter protesters negotiated with local officials to leave the zone

1200px-BLM_Seattle_on_June_9%2C_2020_-_2.jpg

There are a multitude of verifiable reports of violent offences carried out in that area during that time period.

The experiment was a massive failure. Anyone that argues against that fact is ignoring reality.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    There are a multitude of verifiable reports of violent offences carried out in that area during that time period.

The experiment was a massive failure. Anyone that argues against that fact is ignoring reality.

Agree it was a failure.
    Just saying the whole city was taken over and on fire is not true.
    Simple point no need to read more into it.

When public disorder gets that bad it's time for reform.
    Announcing new measures would be a far better way than going in hard like Trump wanted.
    That just makes things worse.
    There are legitimate issues that need to be addressed re police brutality and racism. Address them and the trouble will stop.

Advertisement