Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Overheal wrote: »
    It doesn’t say equity either but you shoveled that in there eh

Wrong. Cart before the horse again and too late to the party. Could you please read the complete exchange before making such completely fatuous remarks that have absolutley nothing to do with what the order of the actual comments. Much like yesterday's comment. And then you argue your mistake to the death. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,476 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It's remarkable that you think I suggested that. I absolutely didn't. I asked what your definition of QI which you wanted to eradicate. People have many different perceptions of what things are. I just wanted to clarify.

Asking for clarification so as NOT to misrepresent you, is the exact opposite of what you are suggesting I did. :confused:

Well alright then. Moving along as I have nothing else to say on qualified immunity that hasn't already been said a dozen times before. Unfortunately the thread's main conversation has become circular, there's not much else to season it with.

gozunda wrote: »
    Wrong. Cart before the horse again and too late to the party. Could you please read the complete exchange before making such completely fatuous remarks that have absolutley nothing to do with what was said. Much like yesterday's comment. And then you argue your mistake to the death. No thanks.

Yeah it's you arguing ad infinitum that BLM stands for all sorts of things that there's no actual platform or manifesto saying, just like your take on Critical Race Theory.

Well alright then. Moving along as I have nothing else to say on qualified immunity that hasn't already been said a dozen times before. Unfortunately the thread's main conversation has become circular, there's not much else to season it with.

Super.

Just drop in bombshells like Qualified Immunity is an absolute barrier to equality and refuse to expand on it.

Excellent discussion.

The fact that you couldn't be arsed giving a one line explanation to clarify your opinion (which you may have stated before) but have no issue in making 4 or 5 follow up posts saying how you couldn't be bothered is counter intuitive.

There are far too many pages and far too little impetus for me to search the entire thread to pin point your argument against Qualified Immunity but it's cool. I asked a simple question, and was refused a simple answer.

You see it a lot these days though.

Super.

Just drop in bombshells like Qualified Immunity is an absolute barrier to equality and refuse to expand on it.

Excellent discussion.

The fact that you couldn't be arsed giving a one line explanation to clarify your opinion (which you may have stated before) but have no issue in making 4 or 5 follow up posts saying how you couldn't be bothered is counter intuitive.

There are far too many pages and far too little impetus for me to search the entire thread to pin point your argument against Qualified Immunity but it's cool. I asked a simple question, and was refused a simple answer.

You see it a lot these days though.

If you don't want to discuss that, then absolutely fine.

#ignore

• Advertisement

Yeah it's you arguing ad infinitum that BLM stands for all sorts of things that there's no actual platform or manifesto saying, just like your take on Critical Race Theory.

"Yeah"???

Nope. I addressed a very specific point with references and yet here you are once again deliberatly making completely fatuous remarks which have absolutley nothing to do with the order in which the comment was made.

And btw thats not my "take on critical race theory'. I have quoted and referenced two people of colour - an academic and a politician. Who both are very critical of "critical race theory". But I guess that doesn't really suit your personal agenda. Sorry but I cant help you with that.

You may not realise it but your comments are coming across as being bitter and disingenuous at best. I'll leave you at it ...

#ignore

amazing.

I only have replied to your comments. I have not pressed you to elaborate.

You accused me of gaslighting and putting words in your mouth. Both of which are completely untrue.

Then when I defend myself, you give out that i didn't ignore your accusations.

Yeah...

#ignore
    #gfy

You may not realize it but your comments are coming across as being bitter and disingenuous at best.

I could spend an hour going back through this thread, posting every attack, snipe, jab, and personal abuse thrown at me that was beyond bitter and disingenuous, and I still wouldn't have found them all with that much time.

To say that I don't care what your perception is of my posts, you having been one among many to Thank most, if not all of those posts attacking me in this thread, would be a monumental understatement.

I'd like to get back to the topic now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

It really shouldn't be controversial for a white person to be happy in their skin, and I would say the same for other races.

It's a shame that identity politics is pulling people apart.

BLM is the application of Marxism but it's now using race instead of class.

White people alive today are not responsible for the sins of the past. I wish everyone could just work together.

I could spend an hour going back through this thread, posting every attack, snipe, jab, and personal abuse thrown at me that was beyond bitter and disingenuous, and I still wouldn't have found them all with that much time.

To say that I don't care what your perception is of my posts, you having been one among many to Thank most, if not all of those posts attacking me in this thread, would be a monumental understatement.I'd like to get back to the topic now.

So you've decided to join them? Well done. At least you are being honest there.

Btw I wouldnt get hung up on the thanks button btw - unless you're a clairvoyant, you've no idea why anyone gets thanked for anything. And you don't have to take people not agreeing with you as 'attacking' btw. It's a simply a discussion at the end of the day.

But please by all means get back to it ...

• Advertisement

So you've decided to join them?

Join who for what?

If you are still trying to make this personal there's the door. I also accept PMs.

Join who for what?If you are still trying to make this personal there's the door. I also accept PMs.

Those you highlighted in your last comment.

To say that I don't care what your perception is of my posts, you having been one among many to Thank most, if not all of those posts attacking me in this thread, would be a monumental understatement.I'd like to get back to the topic now.

A exchange of ideas should not be personal That said derailing a discussion claiming its personal helps no one. I fear you will misread this comment as well. All I can say is- I can point out a handy signpost if you want to simply have an argument. I dont. Thanks

A exchange of ideas should not be personal

"Yeah"???

Nope. I addressed a very specific point with references and yet here you are once again deliberatly making completely fatuous remarks which have absolutley nothing to do with the order in which the comment was made.

And btw thats not my "take on critical race theory'. I have quoted and referenced two people of colour - an academic and a politician. Who both are very critical of "critical race theory". But I guess that doesn't really suit your personal agenda. Sorry but I cant help you with that.

You may not realise it but your comments are coming across as being bitter and disingenuous at best. I'll leave you at it ...

Accuse others of that which you are guilty of.

#ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

It really shouldn't be controversial for a white person to be happy in their skin, and I would say the same for other races.

It's a shame that identity politics is pulling people apart.

BLM is the application of Marxism but it's now using race instead of class.

White people alive today are not responsible for the sins of the past. I wish everyone could just work together.

Black people fighting for their rights in no way takes rights from white people, it's not like rights are a limited resource. Marxism omg Jordan Peterson has a lot to answer for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

So you've decided to join them? Well done. At least you are being honest there.

Btw I wouldnt get hung up on the thanks button btw - unless you're a clairvoyant, you've no idea why anyone gets thanked for anything. And you don't have to take people not agreeing with you as 'attacking' btw. It's a simply a discussion at the end of the day.

But please by all means get back to it ...

I only thank people because I don't like the person whose post someone I like is responding to.

I seek my validation from getting thanks from people on board's.
    And when I'm an asshole on one forum,I'll move on to another discussion and be nice, because I need to pretend I'm not the asshole that I really am.

Sometimes I follow certain poster's and give them a thanks because I think they're great because they get thanks from influebtial people who are on board's year's because I don't have mind of my own.

I'm an unattractive, unhealthy guy who's all alone, living in a damp bedsit and use a 7 year old HTC plugged 20 4 7 into a damp plug socket beside a rusty storage heater, in my 70's furnished bedsit which has it's own weather system..
    I sometimes post controversial observations so I might get reported, that validates my existence too

Please thank me, I need validation from boardziez ...

I'll be checking in every 20 seconds, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh

Accuse others of that which you are guilty of.
    #ignore

# yup misread once again

Yes they're comments regarding your posts. And no its not 'personal' fcs

Adding you to the ignore list ...

20Cent wrote: »
    Black people fighting for their rights in no way takes rights from white people, it's not like rights are a limited resource. Marxism omg Jordan Peterson has a lot to answer for.

I think that's somewhat a disingenuous position.

Even real time advocates admit the blm has Marxist leanings.

https://fee.org/articles/is-black-lives-matter-marxist-no-and-yes/

Then of course some of the Black Lives Matter founders describing themselves as ‘trained Marxists’

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/

I don't think you need Peterson yo answer that charge.

Tbh I'd prefer if this could at least be accepted. Seems though a certain amount of denial seems to be the thing

I think that's somewhat a disingenuous position.

Even real time advocates admit the blm has Marxist leanings.

https://fee.org/articles/is-black-lives-matter-marxist-no-and-yes/

Then of course some of the Black Lives Matter founders describing themselves as ‘trained Marxists’

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/

I don't think you need Peterson yo answer that charge.

Tbh I'd prefer if this could at least be accepted. Seems though a certain amount of denial seems to be the thing

My postman is an anarchist, doesn't mean An Post is an anarchist organisation though.

My postman is an anarchist, doesn't mean An Post is an anarchist organisation though.

Is he a deep undercover anarchist though if he's holding down a postman job? :confused::D

I think this might be relevant again
    ...creating the conditions for Black Liberation through the abolition of systems and institutions of white supremacy, capitalism, patriarchy and colonialism.”

https://www.blacklivesmatterdmv.org/about/

You'd better read the first article I linked in full before you adopt that type of premature position tbf.
    ..many on the Left fail to acknowledge at all the Marxist roots of the official Black Lives Matter organization...

The denial is strong I reckon. That said if your postman is threatening to burn down your house you'd better report him*

*That's a similar type reply to your daft comment about your postman btw

• Advertisement

I think this might be relevant again

https://www.blacklivesmatterdmv.org/about/

You'd better read the first article I linked in full before you adopt that type of premature position tbf.

The denial is strong I reckon. That said if your postman is threatening to burn down your house you'd better report him*

*That's a similar type reply to your daft comment about your postman btw

Dude this isn't hide and seek.
    Where is the second quote from?
    One of the articles you posted? An opinion piece?

What's wrong with this? "The abolition of systems and institutions of white supremacy, capitalism, patriarchy and colonialism".

Sounds like a good thing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Two clowns after throwing their lives away by getting involved in the Portland riots.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1318714862252404736?s=20

Two clowns after throwing their lives away by getting involved in the Portland riots.
    P
    https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1318714862252404736?s=20

Christ. Do you want the resident BLM supporters heads to explode? Andy Ngo is a "grifter". Doesn't matter if he is factually correct a lot of the time. He's a shill.

"Accused," "allegedly," "allegedly," "allegedly," ... "charged"

Seems like a lot of hedging for one tweet.

Christ. Do you want the resident BLM supporters heads to explode? Andy Ngo is a "grifter". Doesn't matter if he is factually correct a lot of the time. He's a shill.

Ye he does come at it from one side but so does every news outlet. Most are bias , that's why I don't believe everything I read at face value. Unlike others who are quick to jump on everything they see as racist , sexist etc

Calling him a news outlet is an extremely generous spin on it. I regard him as an activist.

Dude this isn't hide and seek.
    Where is the second quote from?
    One of the articles you posted? An opinion piece?

What's wrong with this? "The abolition of systems and institutions of white supremacy, capitalism, patriarchy and colonialism".

Dude

As detailed - the first link in my post #7428. I was correct you didn't read it. But no matter.
    Sounds like a good thing to me

So the "The abolition of systems and institutions of ...capitalism" somehow goes to back up your assertion that blm has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the declared marxist leanings of at least two of the Blm founders no?

Grand so.

Btw I hear North Korea is granting citizenship these days for disillusioned Westerners ...

Calling him a news outlet is an extremely generous spin on it. I regard him as an activist.

So nothing he reports is true ? It's no difference than fox or cnn , they all have an agenda . I'd class him as a free lance reporter , reporting on far left/ antifa rioters

You probably view Vice or BuzzFeed as a news outlet though.

• Advertisement

Includes her employer knowing they are going to get hate/death threats as well as an extra dig. Hopefully someone sues the hell out of him soon. He'll probably make another gofundme and clean up like the time he got brain damage. (allegedly)

Advertisement