Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Seems like a record breaking recovery from brain injury if so I guess

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Not every Catholic support molesting of kids. The vast majority don't.
    Not every Muslim supports beheading people. The vast majority don't.
    Not every BLM supporter condones looting and violence at rallies. The vast majority don't.

You can't reasonably brand any of these groups based on the actions of the most extreme among them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

gozunda wrote: »
    Dude

As detailed - the first link in my post. I was correct you didn't read it. But no matter.

So the "The abolition of systems and institutions of ...capitalism" somehow goes to back up your assertion that blm has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the declared marxist leanings of at least two of the Blm founders no?

Grand so.

Btw I hear North Korea is granting citizenship these days for disillusioned Westerners ...

Why did you link to an affiliate site and not the actual BLM site?

20Cent wrote: »

You have to be shown it through the appropriately skewed filter.

Overheal wrote: »
    You have to be shown it through the appropriately skewed filter.

Your search - site:www.blacklivesmatter.com marxism - did not match any documents.

Guess they are these secret Marxists Jordan Peterson warned us about.

• Advertisement

Smoke and mirror Glenn Beck style arguments tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

First link of Google. And yes thats the DC chapter of BLM

**** sticks.

First link of Google. And yes thats the DC chapter of BLM

**** sticks.

Why do you think the official site doesn't mention it at all then if that is one of their aims?

iamstop wrote: »
    Not every Catholic support molesting of kids. The vast majority don't.
    Not every Muslim supports beheading people. The vast majority don't.
    Not every BLM supporter condones looting and violence at rallies. The vast majority don't.

You can't reasonably brand any of these groups based on the actions of the most extreme among them.

Completely agree with you.

Not every cop - whatever their race - supports racism or racist behaviour. The vast majority don't

Completely agree with you.

Not every cop - whatever their race - supports racism or racist behaviour. The vast majority don't

:)

Haha.

• Advertisement

Why do you think the official site doesn't mention it at all then if that is one of their aims?

Why what's the problem? I though you said it sounded good?

Have you changed your mind or do you not support the blm in DC? :eek: Why is that? :confused:

Either way its certainly not misplaced.
    Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors described herself and fellow co-founder Alicia Garza as “trained Marxists” in a recently resurfaced video from 2015.

“We actually do have an ideological frame[work],” Cullors said of her organization. “We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories.”

https://fee.org/articles/is-black-lives-matter-marxist-no-and-yes/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Includes her employer knowing they are going to get hate/death threats as well as an extra dig. Hopefully someone sues the hell out of him soon. He'll probably make another gofundme and clean up like the time he got brain damage. (allegedly)

Well you'll be delighted to know that she's been sacked by her employer.

Why what's the problem? I though you said it sounded good?

Have you changed your mind or do you not support the blm in DC? :eek: Why is that? :confused:

Either way its certainly not misplaced.

https://fee.org/articles/is-black-lives-matter-marxist-no-and-yes/

Didn't read it very closely to be honest.

You think they would mention their biggest aim on their website though, strange.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Didn't read it very closely to be honest.

You think they would mention their biggest aim on their website though, strange.

You said Googling “www.blacklivesmatter.com” and “Marxism” returned no results.

Are you ready to admit that was a lie and complete garbage ?

Gervais08 wrote: »
    You said Googling “www.blacklivesmatter.com”; and “Marxism” returned no results.

Returns nothing for me either.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:blacklivesmatter.com+%22marxism%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

You said Googling “www.blacklivesmatter.com”; and “Marxism” returned no results.

It doesn't give any results.
    Try it yourself

It doesn't give any results.
    Try it yourself

I did - hence how I know you and Jerry are lying.

Clever trick putting site: and not www.

Sneaky.

Your search - site:www.blacklivesmatter.com marxism - did not match any documents.

And I just want to remind you this was the original post. Nothing sneaky here

• Advertisement

I did - hence how I know you and Jerry are lying.

Clever trick putting site: and not www.

Sneaky.

You try it and post up the results then.

Again, nice try.

that's a search if the two terms not a search if the site see the results are for other sites.

You try it and post up the results then.

Already done - go to Google; insert www.blacklivesmatter.com Marxism and there you go.

that's a search if the two terms not a search if the site see the results are for other sites.

You should have hazard lights when reversing that much.

Already done - go to Google; insert www.blacklivesmatter.com Marxism and there you go.

That's not how you search a site.
    Type in any two words and you'll get results. Lol.

About as useful as googling "www.donaldjtrump.com gassing the Jews" and then accusing Donald Trump of planning the second Holocaust.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 273 ✭✭Hqrry113

Most black people in America just confuse racism with classicism, same way over here people are sketch about certain people, tracksuits, rough accents etc.

You should have hazard lights when reversing that much.

He's not reversing, you just completely misread the original post which was abundantly clear about the search being performed.

No idea why you're still argueing about the results of your search of the main site are somehow relevant. They're not and have nothing to do with my original comment.

The actual BLM website regarding the "abolition" of capitalism etc was clearly linked.

Interestingly the main site www.blacklivesmatter.com uses some fairly negative juxtapositions on that anthisis of marxism - "capitalism"

Here's the first one I pulled ...
    The vision for the weekend is a disruption of oppressions and imposed identities that turn Black women into mules. The assertion of our Divinity is a challenge to the violent white-supremacist-patriarchal-heteronormative-capitalism 

https://blacklivesmatter.com/watch-and-share-the-black-women-are-divine-video/

Btw that's given as an example only. I don't care whether anyone really believes that the abolition of capitalism is the next best thing since borodinsky or whatever...

• Advertisement

No idea why you're still argueing about the results of your search of the main site are somehow relevant. They're not and have nothing to do with my original comment.

The actual BLM website regarding the "abolition" of capitalism etc was clearly linked.

Interestingly the main site www.blacklivesmatter.com uses some fairly negative juxtapositions on that anthisis of marxism - "capitalism"

Here's the first one I pulled ...

https://blacklivesmatter.com/watch-and-share-the-black-women-are-divine-video/

Btw that's given as an example only. I don't care whether anyone really believes that the abolition of capitalism is the next best thing since borodinsky or whatever...

If they were Marxist surely the word would appear on their website. You saying they are secret Marxists?

Advertisement