Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

20Cent wrote: »
    If they were Marxist surely the word would appear on their website. You saying they are secret Marxists?

If I recall Castor never said he was a communist either until he was secure in power.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

If I recall Castor never said he was a communist either until he was secure in power.

Political groups lying to get popular ???? Surely not?? 😉😉😉😉

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

If they were Marxist surely the word would appear on their website. You saying they are secret Marxists?

Who says "secret"?

Well they sure to fook dont like "white-supremacist-patriarchal-heteronormative-capitalism" or wtte according to their main website

And I though you had to no problem with the DC chapter openly declaring amongst other things for "The abolition of systems and institutions of ...capitalism"

Oh and dont forget the co founders declaring that “We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories"

Sounds like a duck tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

They self identify as Marxists.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/jul/21/black-lives-matter-marxist-movement/

gozunda wrote: »

Sounds like a duck tbf

OMG! You are literally dehumanising them by calling them ducks.

SHAME!!!!!!

• Advertisement

And don’t forget to these wingnuts “identifying as..” is the same as “actually in reality being” so QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Who says "secret"?

Well they sure to fook dont like "white-supremacist-patriarchal-heteronormative-capitalism" or wtte according to their main website

And I though you had to no problem with the DC chapter openly declaring amongst other things for "The abolition of systems and institutions of ...capitalism"

Oh and dont forget the co founders declaring that “We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories"

Sounds like a duck tbf

Surely they would have it prominently on their website if Marxism is one of their aims.

Marxist is thrown about in the US all the time, Obama was a Marxist, Biden and the democrats are Marxist, "the left" are Marxist.
    it's become shorthand for I don't want to address this issue so I'll just call it Marxist or communism or something.

Are you for "white-supremacist-patriarchal-heteronormative-capitalism"?

From your link
    These days, Marxism usually means analyzing social change through an economic lens, with the assumption that the rich and the poor should become more equal.

What's wrong with that?
    It's true the income disparity in the US and other countries is getting ridicules

Surely they would have it prominently on their website if Marxism is one of their aims. Marxist is thrown about in the US all the time, Obama was a Marxist, Biden and the democrats are Marxist, "the left" are Marxist.it's become shorthand for I don't want to address this issue so I'll just call it Marxist or communism or something.

Its not a criticism of their position btw. They certainly seem to be openly anti capitalist with some calling for the 'abolition' of all systems and institutions of same.

Maybe you should ask them why they don't- considering that the co founders have clearly identified themselves as 'trained marxists'.

I don't think Obama or anyone else has claimed to be "marxist" for sure

As for

"For your "white-supremacist-patriarchal-heteronormative-capitalism"

Nope thats not "mine" thats straight from the main blm website

https://blacklivesmatter.com/watch-and-share-the-black-women-are-divine-video/

Somehow don't think they're fans Or supporters of capitalism tbf ....

But hey if they want to bring in marxism or whatever - who's going to stop them eh?

Its not a criticism of their position btw. They certainly adopt seem to be openly anti capitalist as in 'abolition' of all systems and structures of same.

Maybe you should ask them why they don't- considering that the co founders have clearly identified themselves as 'trained marxists'

I don't think Obama or anyone else has claimed that tbf

As for

"For your "white-supremacist-patriarchal-heteronormative-capitalism"

Nope thats not "mine" thats straight from the main blm website

https://blacklivesmatter.com/watch-and-share-the-black-women-are-divine-video/

Somehow don't think they're fans of capitalism tbf ....

Or nuclear families. Wonder why...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Surely they would have it prominently on their website if Marxism is one of their aims.

Marxist is thrown about in the US all the time, Obama was a Marxist, Biden and the democrats are Marxist, "the left" are Marxist.
    it's become shorthand for I don't want to address this issue so I'll just call it Marxist or communism or something.

From your link
    These days, Marxism usually means analyzing social change through an economic lens, with the assumption that the rich and the poor should become more equal.

What's wrong with that?
    It's true the income disparity in the US and other countries is getting ridicules

When you think about it it’s really hilarious because the same types going on about Marxism really hate when racism and sexism are pointed out.

Overheal wrote: »
    When you think about it it’s really hilarious because the same types going on about Marxism really hate when racism and sexism are pointed out.

I hate it when racism is blatantly ignored when it the "victim" is white and then invented out of nothing if the "victim" is a person of colour/person with colour/whatever the socially acceptable term is today.

Are you saying that people who oppose Marxism are racist and sexist, that posters here are racist and sexist or was it another of your vague allusions that you can bandy about and then claim that you never specifically said it?

I hate it when racism is blatantly ignored when it the "victim" is white and then invented out of nothing if the "victim" is a person of colour/person with colour/whatever the socially acceptable term is today.

Are you saying that people who oppose Marxism are racist and sexist, that posters here are racist and sexist or was it another of your vague allusions that you can bandy about and then claim that you never specifically said it?

As a white person, especially a white man, you must realise that you are to blame and at fault for all historic wrongs caused by people who were the same colour as you, and many that weren't.

You must also be discriminated against in employment and education because you are a second class citizen.

As a white person, especially a white man, you must realise that you are to blame and at fault for all historic wrongs caused by people who were the same colour as you, and many that weren't.

You must also be discriminated against in employment and education because you are a second class citizen.

Sorry.

*Takes a knee

Sorry.

*Takes a knee

Don’t get me started on that f****ng garbage!!!!!

Gervais08 wrote: »
    Don’t get me started on that f****ng garbage!!!!!

On peaceful demonstration?

It’s a wonder Americans felt like demonstrating in the streets was a required step.

It’s a wonder Americans felt like demonstrating in the streets was a required step.
    https://www.axios.com/riots-cost-property-damage-276c9bcc-a455-4067-b06a-66f9db4cea9c.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top
    Only 1 billion dollars in damage caused in the peaceful demonstrations.

Lol.

"Hey, they arent taking our knee taking seriously. Let's loot footlocker and burn ****."

Indeed, the LA Riots achieved that much damage in 6 days.

For National demonstrations to go on for months in dozen of major cities, involving several degrees more participants, that is actually a fairly low figure. If we really assumed that 97% of protests or whatever were not peaceful you'd expect far more damage than that by now. Coming up on 5 months of protests next week. These protests have been measurably less lethal than the LA Riot as well.

Indeed, the LA Riots achieved that much damage in 6 days.

For National demonstrations to go on for months in dozen of major cities, involving several degrees more participants, that is actually a fairly low figure. If we really assumed that 97% of protests or whatever were not peaceful you'd expect far more damage than that by now. Coming up on 5 months of protests next week. These protests have been measurably less lethal than the LA Riot as well.

YAY! Amazing result.

BLM should be applauded for ONLY instigating $1,000,000,000 worth of damage during their protests and only a few deaths too.

We should thank them actually.

Heroes!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭Posh Dave

What does WLM. Just googled it and got weight loss management?

Posh Dave wrote: »
    What does WLM. Just googled it and got weight loss management?

I assumed it was White Lives Matter. Never heard anyone use that slogan though. Probably because it would be deemed racist

I assumed it was White Lives Matter. Never heard anyone use that slogan though. Probably because it would be deemed racist

It’s in the title of the thread

True. I personally don't know anyone who has a problem with racism being pointed out. That said some seem to have very odd views about other people on here tbh

Btw just in case you're wondering - I randomly thanked your post because its Friday ;)

It’s in the title of the thread

I....know.

Which is why I explained what I thought it stood for.

Jesus you can’t say anything these days. I would say the only minority you can discriminate against these days is a white male who is heterosexual.

Jesus you can’t say anything these days. I would say the only minority you can discriminate against these days is a white male who is heterosexual.

At the rate it’s going in ireland we are going to have positive discrimination coming for jobs interviews.

YAY! Amazing result.

BLM should be applauded for ONLY instigating $1,000,000,000 worth of damage during their protests and only a few deaths too.

We should thank them actually.

Heroes!

That's actually the low estimate.

At the rate it’s going in ireland we are going to have positive discrimination coming for jobs interviews.

We do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Cordell

I can confirm it's already here.

Advertisement