Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭Posh Dave

We do.

You are probably correct on that but as far as I know it’s not official policy

Cordell wrote: »
    I can confirm it's already there.

Examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Posh Dave wrote: »
    You are probably correct on that but as far as I know it’s not official policy

It's legal to prefer women in Ireland to get your gender quota in order.

There was a university position recently where they only considered women.

It's legal to prefer women in Ireland to get your gender quota in order.

There was a university position recently where they only considered women.

It’s like no blacks or Irish need apply. From what I see of a lot of women getting job promotions etc, they are delighted at first but once they have a couple of kids it seems to me that they would prefer to be at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That's actually the low estimate.

Source?

What's the high?

"Heroes" rofl. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I hate it when racism is blatantly ignored when it the "victim" is white and then invented out of nothing if the "victim" is a person of colour/person with colour/whatever the socially acceptable term is today.

Are you saying that people who oppose Marxism are racist and sexist, that posters here are racist and sexist or was it another of your vague allusions that you can bandy about and then claim that you never specifically said it?

To be honest with you I think black people are pretty useless( from working with them). Does this make me racist ?

To be honest with you I think black people are pretty useless( from working with them). Does this make me racist ?

Yes.

Overheal wrote: »
    Yes.

But I have worked also with Chinese and Indians and in general find them ok. Does this make me a selective racist? I thought if you were racist you dislike all races?. I just don’t like lazy people. Does this make me racist against lazy people. Please educate me?

It doesn't sound like you're posting in a sincere capacity so no.

But I have worked also with Chinese and Indians and in general find them ok. Does this make me a selective racist? I thought if you were racist you dislike all races?. I just don’t like lazy people. Does this make me racist against lazy people. Please educate me?

I think it is about judging people by the content of their character, rather than the colour of their skin. Unless they are white of course.

• Advertisement

I think it is about judging people by the content of their character, rather than the colour of their skin. Unless they are white of course.

Totally agree except for the white thing. All people should be treated equally and cannot expect special exception because of their race or gender.

It doesn't sound like you're posting in a sincere capacity so no.

So you can be racist against lazy people but not lazy black people? Please educate me

Well yes. That is racist.

You are judging all black people by your experience of a few based purely on their skin colour.

That is absolutely racist.

So you can be racist against lazy people but not lazy black people? Please educate me

You can dislike lazy People but to assume someone is lazy because of their skin colour is mad.

You can dislike lazy People but to assume someone is lazy because of their skin colour is mad.

But what you are saying is that I cannot dislike somebody if they are black and lazy. Seems a bit mad to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

Not sure if this has posted yet. This is pretty sad. Seems a group of folks decided that some artwork kids at a school had created had to be taken down. They also decided that this should be done while armed and wearing tactical gear.

https://yuwew.com/women-tear-down-students-blm-artwork-in-portland-community-puts-up-more/

As the artwork was on private property (the school gates) would this not amount to the destruction of private property, which has been a thing the right has been against?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭CarProblem

Source?

What's the high?

"Heroes" rofl. :rolleyes:

Why bother providing it, you'd only downplay and deflect

A figure of $2bn didn't seem to bother you here
    $2Bn actually seems small all relativity considered for a movement of mass protests that has gone on for close to 4 months now, nationwide.

The 1992 Los Angeles Riots lasted less than a week, was focused on one locality and racked up over $1B in damages. Today that sum translates to $1.85B US.

Now $2B is still $2B but if you want to be apoplectic about the scales it seems entirely misplaced.

When asked is $2bn "acceptable" you kind of deflected too (surprise, surprise)

If $2bn of damages was caused by someone/a movement you weren't blinkeredly sympathetic too I wonder what your response would be

Don't bother replying - it'd just be more obfuscation, deflection etc and I'm not bothered going round in circles (again)

Not sure if this has posted yet. This is pretty sad. Seems a group of folks decided that some artwork kids at a school had created had to be taken down. They also decided that this should be done while armed and wearing tactical gear.

https://yuwew.com/women-tear-down-students-blm-artwork-in-portland-community-puts-up-more/

As the artwork was on private property (the school gates) would this not amount to the destruction of private property, which has been a thing the right has been against?

There's another video going around of a neighbor who comes and waters down the sidewalk, every day, after a mom's child goes out to the sidewalk and uses chalk to spell out Black Lives Matter.

One town in WA decreed that sidewalk chalk is illegal in response to BLM signage

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/16/us/sidewalk-chalk-police-selah-washington.html

There's another video going around of a neighbor who comes and waters down the sidewalk, every day, after a mom's child goes out to the sidewalk and uses chalk to spell out Black Lives Matter.

One town in WA decreed that sidewalk chalk is illegal in response to BLM signage

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/16/us/sidewalk-chalk-police-selah-washington.html

It really amazes me that there are these kinds of folks out there. Especially the situation at the school. Turning up armed to remove some art kids have done is another scary low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Wow overheal, you sweep all the deaths , violence , rioting , looting and a billion dollars of damage all under the carpet and yet you're offended by someone who doesn't want blm chalked all over the footpath . What does be going on in your head ??? Sjw logic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Calling it artwork is a bit of a stretch, maybe residents in Portland are sick and tired of all the blm/antifa violence in their city for the last 5 months and are fed up with all the blm crap shoved down their throats everyday .

Maybe they don't want their kids exposed to commie nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

It really amazes me that there are these kinds of folks out there. Especially the situation at the school. Turning up armed to remove some art kids have done is another scary low.

What doesn't amaze me is that creepy TDS sufferers and lefty teachers are weaponizing children to push a Marxist group, because you know some kid isn't wandering out into the street every day with their box of chalk to write political slogans on the footpath without the prompting or approval of horrible adults indoctrinating children and then wailing'won't someone think of the children!' if there is any objection. You want to graffiti the footpath go do it yourself and leave your kids out it. This whole story screams astroturfing.
    Disgusting.

conorhal wrote: »
    What doesn't amaze me is that creepy TDS sufferers and lefty teachers are weaponizing children to push a Marxist group, because you know som kid isn't wandering out into the street with the pastels to write political slogans on the footpath without the prompting or approval of horrible adults indoctrinating children and then wailing'won't someone think of the children!'
    Disgusting.

It should be forbidden and illegal for teachers to push their personal ideology. There should be a state curriculum and they should stick to it.

Wow overheal, you sweep all the deaths , violence , rioting , looting and a billion dollars of damage all under the carpet and yet you're offended by someone who doesn't want blm chalked all over the footpath . What does be going on in your head ??? Sjw logic

And the kids school? How would you feel if a bunch of armed folks turned up to your kids school to remove artwork? Are you seriously trying to equate them both? Protesting is one thing, we're all for free protesting and free speech right? Rioting and looting are different things. Wanton destruction is something else. Turning up armed, to a kids school, not even a college or uni, but a KIDS school is a whole other level.

conorhal wrote: »
    What doesn't amaze me is that creepy TDS sufferers and lefty teachers are weaponizing children to push a Marxist group, because you know some kid isn't wandering out into the street every day with their box of chalk to write political slogans on the footpath without the prompting or approval of horrible adults indoctrinating children and then wailing'won't someone think of the children!' if there is any objection. You want to graffiti the footpath go do it yourself and leave your kids out it. This whole story screams astroturfing.
    Disgusting.

This wasn't a footpath, and if you had read the link you would know that. This wasn't graffiti, that is a separate thing all together. This was on the schools own property, put up by the kids and teachers at the school and removed by heavily armed folks.

More personal abuse is it?

Show me where I said I was offended.

I literally only posted the video and gave context to it, along with a link to a related story.

You people try very hard to derail the thread.

Calling it artwork is a bit of a stretch, maybe residents in Portland are sick and tired of all the blm/antifa violence in their city for the last 5 months and are fed up with all the blm crap shoved down their throats everyday .

So you support the removal of statues? 400 years, people are sick and tired, shoved down their throats on government property, etc.

Maybe they don't want their kids exposed to commie nonsense.

I think it's amazing how suddenly you folks are just enamored with property damage now.

uploads%252Fcard%252Fimage%252F194130%252Fmeme.jpg%252F950x534__filters%253Aquality%252880%2529.jpg

• Advertisement

So you support the removal of statues? 400 years, people are sick and tired, shoved down their throats on government property, etc.

The statues are art and history.

Advertisement