Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I agree it doesn't. But it does go to show what a little more research on some of the topics coming up on some of these threads will uncover.

That being said, what are your thoughts on these pretty heavily armed folks turning up to a kid's school?

A little more research ?? Your the one putting up links then that are incomplete . Regarding the other question I think it's ridiculous that they turned up heavily armed but then again it is America. But then again they weren't breaking the law and a lot of Yanks are gone too far left or right on both sides

• Registered Users Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Have you watched the videos?

Can you post links because I can't find anything online other than BLM supporters turning up to the school to put BLM posters up who then clashed with police.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scot_in_Dublin

What candidate ?? You must mean trump . Just because I don't agree with blm/ antifa , doesn't automatically make you a trump supporter , I think trumps an idiot btw but compared to cowardly mayor of portland and others on the left , who are giving a free pass to rioters, who would you choose ?? And again, any word on any planned blm protests regarding the police killings in Nigeria or even the present day slave trade in Africa. Or do they only protest when black criminals get killed in America ??

My apologies, I did misread your post. I would imagine that there are indeed many BLM/ANTIFA folks who are against those killings too, much as I'm sure you are from your post. Whom are you looking to for a protest to start and where?

nullzero wrote: »
    Can you post links because I can't find anything online other than BLM supporters turning up to the school to put BLM posters up who then clashed with police.

Sure: https://www.facebook.com/mindy.king.587/posts/10158572286514544

From the lady who was asking what was going on per this article:

https://god.dailydot.com/women-tear-down-blm-art-children/?fbclid=IwAR3-aQaanE0CljZIxqHtC4uh1IWesOu7ZGEp5VfKYlgd89-2A0o6kGPwe3A

°°°°°

Looks like one bloke with a gun, not uncommon in America I suppose, doesn't send a great message, nor does taking down the posters but it doesn't seem like a situation that's about to degenerate into anything violent.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

My apologies, I did misread your post. I would imagine that there are indeed many BLM/ANTIFA folks who are against those killings too, much as I'm sure you are from your post. Whom are you looking to for a protest to start and where?

Overheal and co on this thread , they seem to think every black person murdered in the world is done so by a white cop in America . the planet nearly stopped for george floyd , a convicted criminal whose crimes include a home invasion on a pregnant woman . What a hero and up standing citizen , How come theres not a peep out of blm when to the black on black gun crime which kill thousands every year ??? Or the 50 + black kids under the age of 12 in America ,who were shot and killed by idiot gangbangers in their neighborhoods this year. Blm seem to be very selective on which black lives matter .

• Registered Users Posts: 83,464 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Who said I was getting upset?

You are:
    This is getting childish.

My point was clear and other posters appear to be able to verify that.

Argumentum Ad Populum.

A whos who of people who will thank anything that is a dig at me, as the thread has shown. Am I meant to be swayed? Impressed? Is that a stand in for logical debate? Off with that.
    What candidate ?? You must mean trump . Just because I don't agree with blm/ antifa , doesn't automatically make you a trump supporter , I think trumps an idiot btw but compared to cowardly mayor of portland and others on the left , who are giving a free pass to rioters, who would you choose ?? And again, any word on any planned blm protests regarding the police killings in Nigeria or even the present day slave trade in Africa. Or do they only protest when black criminals get killed in America ??

Bizarre to suggest that people should protest in the United States over something happening in another country having nothing to do with the United States - unless I'm missing something? The entire movement stems around racial injustice in the United States.
    Overheal and co on this thread , they seem to think every black person murdered in the world is done so by a white cop in America .

Think you need fresher air where you are. Lost me after that with the rest of that diatribe. Couldn't rationally believe the case as quoted here. Honestly now.

Overheal and co on this thread , they seem to think every black person murdered in the world is done so by a white cop in America . the planet nearly stopped for george floyd , a convicted criminal whose crimes include a home invasion on a pregnant woman . What a hero and up standing citizen , How come theres not a peep out of blm when to the black on black gun crime which kill thousands every year ??? Or the 50 + black kids under the age of 12 in America ,who were shot and killed by idiot gangbangers in their neighborhoods this year. Blm seem to be very selective on which black lives matter .

I agree with you that any life lost is a sad thing through gun violence, drugs, gangs etc. Would you not agree that education is key in trying to prevent these things from happening? Poverty and disenfranchisement tends to lead to a lot of these issues and currently in the US as a prime example African Americans have been the target of policies that have pushed them historically to these fringes. It doesn't take much time to look into some of the communities in the US that were successful and were subsequently destroyed as they were African American. I have to wonder if some of what's going on was replaced with Irish Lives Matter and we were back some decades ago if folks would have the same disdain for what is essentially a rights movement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

Biafranlivemat, stay out of this thread please.
    which is it, I was given a 24 hour ban or stay out of the tread.

°°°°°

Overheal wrote: »
    You are:

Argumentum Ad Populum.

A whos who of people who will thank anything that is a dig at me, as the thread has shown. Am I meant to be swayed? Impressed? Is that a stand in for logical debate? Off with that.

Bizarre to suggest that people should protest in the United States over something happening in another country having nothing to do with the United States - unless I'm missing something? The entire movement stems around racial injustice in the United States.

Think you need fresher air where you are. Lost me after that with the rest of that diatribe. Couldn't rationally believe the case as quoted here. Honestly now.

How are you finding a means to take the moral high ground when what I said and why I said it was immediately obvious to anyone else who read it other than you? That isn't a stand in for logical debate, it IS logical debate that you are choosing to not engage in, off with that indeed.

I have every right to point that out, and I stand by what I said, I do believe you were being purposefully obtuse, what your motivation is for that is not something I wish to speculate about.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 lelop

Black Lives Matter

°°°°°

lelop wrote: »
    Black Lives Matter

They sure do.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lelop

I really don't understand ALM or WLM, BLM (the amount of acronyms I swear!) is just seeking to combat injustices against black people in the States. Nothing preventing white people joining the protests to attempt to stop things we all can say are bad like police brutality and systemic racism. It just makes me think as to what the intentions are of people who constantly rave on about how all lives matter and why BLM is wrong while making no effort to combat certain issues that affect us all.

You are:

Argumentum Ad Populum.

Bizarre to suggest that people should protest in the United States over something happening in another country having nothing to do with the United States - unless I'm missing something? The entire movement stems around racial injustice in the United States

So by your reckoning they shouldn't have had blm protests here in Dublin as the killing happened in America

Looks like one bloke with a gun, not uncommon in America I suppose, doesn't send a great message, nor does taking down the posters but it doesn't seem like a situation that's about to degenerate into anything violent.

So it's maybe something they could have gone and talked to the school about rather than having to turn up armed and remove the kid's artwork. Messaging is key here and what has happened in this instance is you have a bunch of kids who may now feel that they cannot express themselves for fear of folks turning up with guns to show them they are wrong.

So by your reckoning they shouldn't have had blm protests here in Dublin as the killing happened in America

I don't really give much thought to that, and didn't at the time either. I don't know what they were actually protesting about and didn't care to look it up tbh. I assumed it was against discrimination in Ireland based on what I caught on here about it.

I'm egalitarian but my priority interest here is justice and law enforcement reforms in the United States.

°°°°°

So it's maybe something they could have gone and talked to the school about rather than having to turn up armed and remove the kid's artwork. Messaging is key here and what has happened in this instance is you have a bunch of kids who may now feel that they cannot express themselves for fear of folks turning up with guns to show them they are wrong.

I agree with most of what your saying, however guns are a reality in American life and they are toted by both sides of this debate. Neither side can claim the moral high ground on that issue and I think for those of us outside America, we tend to apply our morality in relation to guns, which in effect isn't fit for purpose in that context.

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

which is it, I was given a 24 hour ban or stay out of the tread.

Biafranlivemat, do not post in this thread again for any reason. If you wish to speak to a mod about your threadban you can do so via PM

I agree with most of what your saying, however guns are a reality in American life and they are toted by both sides of this debate. Neither side can claim the moral high ground on that issue and I think for those of us outside America, we tend to apply our morality in relation to guns, which in effect isn't fit for purpose in that context.

Absolutely and they are a part of everyday life in the US as you say. It's not our place to say if that's right or not. But it is our duty to say, this is not cool when it comes to stuff like this involving kids.

Someone posted earlier that they wouldn't call what the kids had done as art almost as an excuse for this being ok.

Hey, I wouldn't call some of the stuff that happens to be winning Turner prizes art either but the difference here is that the artists in the Tate don't have to worry about their art being torn down by armed folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Advertisement

Any thoughts on the whole armed folks at the kid's school thing Pete?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

He pointed a gun at her pregnant belly. She was black. What about justice for her?

He pointed a gun at her pregnant belly. She was black. What about justice for her?

You’re incorrect. George Floyd’s accomplish “pointed a gun at her pregnant belly.” You can read up on the incident for yourself.

That's mental , you can clearly see him taking out the gun . Everyone jumping on the " innocent black man " getting shot again bandwagon .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

You’re incorrect. George Floyd’s accomplish “pointed a gun at her pregnant belly.” You can read up on the incident for yourself.

I think you are the one who is incorrect. Even if you are not, he rushed to her aid? Or did he continue looting her house?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Cordell

That's mental , you can clearly see him taking out the gun . Everyone jumping on the " innocent black man " getting shot again bandwagon .

He pulled the gun in self defence, he was being assaulted by the white cop for being black and innocent.

BLM need to come out and distance themselves from these protests and to promote compliance with police directions.

Any ****ing person who supports this **** and protests after watching that video is an idiot and a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

If a cop gets you on the ground he will kneel on your neck until you are dead so best go out fighting. Don't see a gun in the video. Don't Americans have guns to keep them safe from a tyrannical government.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Here we go again. Guy was armed but there's protests already.

Great takedown by the cop considering the size difference.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

20Cent wrote: »
    If a cop gets you on the ground he will kneel on your neck until you are dead so best go out fighting. Don't see a gun in the video. Don't Americans have guns to keep them safe from a tyrannical government.

Jesus this is possibly the dumbest post in this thread and by God the bar has been set low.

Advertisement