Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Overheal wrote: »
    That’s quite a bit of spam for missing the point.

If you want to apologize and clarify that you meant “Blacks are 13% of the population of Baltimore and half the homicides in Baltimore” I will have another look at that wall of text but clearly that wasn’t your original statement.

They are certainly overrepresented when it comes to violent crime and their victims are usually other black people.

Trumps criminal justice reform and job creation is their way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,460 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That must be true , Sure the gardai were only established in 1999 when Africans came to Ireland. Was there no police force in England before the 1950s when the first blacks arrived there ??

I don’t know why you are bringing Europe into this.

Ireland’s forces were formed in 1814 by the Peace Preservation Act. England’s force was formed the Bobbies in 1829.

The US meanwhile formed the Slave Patrols in 1704.

I don’t know why you are bringing Europe into this.

Ireland’s forces were formed in 1814 by the Peace Preservation Act. England’s force was formed the Bobbies in 1829.

The US meanwhile formed the Slave Patrols in 1704.
    Slave patrols, the police force of the democrats.

You're the one trying to mislead FBI statistics, like only a true ideologue would.

Let's fact check the claim shall we?

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-black-americans-commit-crime

Claim : "“It’s important to note that black men commit nearly half of all murders in this country, which is astounding when you take into consideration the fact that they only make up 12-13 per cent of the population.”

The analysis : "It’s true that around 13 per cent of Americans are black, according to the latest estimates from the US Census Bureau.

And yes, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, black offenders committed 52 per cent of homicides recorded in the data between 1980 and 2008. Only 45 per cent of the offenders were white. Homicide is a broader category than “murder” but let’s not split hairs.

Blacks were disproportionately likely to commit homicide and to be the victims. In 2008 the offending rate for blacks was seven times higher than for whites and the victimization rate was six times higher.

As we found yesterday, 93 per cent of black victims were killed by blacks and 84 per cent of white victims were killed by whites.

Alternative statistics from the FBI are more up to date but include many crimes where the killer’s race is not recorded. These numbers tell a similar story."

Not sure what you’re yelling about or why this article is useful, it trots out older figures.

We have the arrest rate for blacks in 2015 for homicides, 51% and we have the murder clearance rate also from 2015: 61.5%. These both come from the FBI.

I didn’t need any other data points to make my case that the talking point is gravely misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

That’s quite a bit of spam for missing the point.

If you want to apologize and clarify that you meant “Blacks are 13% of the population of Baltimore and half the homicides in Baltimore” I will have another look at that wall of text but clearly that wasn’t your original statement.

Hold on , your the same fella that tried to tell me before that all the unsolved murders of blacks in America were committed by white people. Google Chicago shooting tomorrow evening and see how much black people get shot there every weekend , black lives don't seem to matter to other black people , not a lot of you go by how much they're killing each other everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Ignoring the fact that police forces were purpose built to go after blacks:

Bias in policing feeds the problem, arrest and harass more blacks, more blacks will show up in stats, more police will be sent to black communities, rinse repeat.

so you reckon all police are racist slave hunters ?

sorry kid but I think the election pressure has caused you to snap .

Hold on , your the same fella that tried to tell me before that all the unsolved murders of blacks in America were committed by white people. Google Chicago shooting tomorrow evening and see how much black people get shot there every weekend , black lives don't seem to matter to other black people , not a lot of you go by how much they're killing each other everyday.

Quote me or there’s the door.

mynamejeff wrote: »

Plus the slave patrols were democrats anyway!

mynamejeff wrote: »

Reductio Ad Absurdum.

I have confidence you’re not so naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

20Cent wrote: »
    There's plenty of research showing black neighborhoods are over policed, black people are more likely to be charged, less likely to make bail and get longer sentences.

Maybe time to try something else. The police seem to have unlimited money and resources, re direct some of it the other methods.

Looks like not everyone agrees with thst tbf.
    More than 80% of Black Americans favor a police presence in their area equal to current levels or more, according to the findings of a Gallup poll 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/81-black-americans-police-retain-increase-presence

• Advertisement

Quote me or there’s the door.

I'm not looking back through this thread

Reductio Ad Absurdum.

I have confidence you’re not so naive.

your link your post your statement

at least have the balls to stand by your nonsense this time and don't back peddle

so who did the policing when the crime was by whites or did only black commit crime ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭thebestwords

He constantly repeats the lie that because many murders aren't solved, it skews the statistics making blacks look worse - he says this to try and pretend that the FBI are using guesswork in their statistics which is a total lie.

If anything if the hood criminals ratted out their shooters the statistics would look much worse for the black community.

I'm not looking back through this thread

I accept your apology.

I accept your apology.

Thank you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Ignoring the fact that police forces were purpose built to go after blacks:

Bias in policing feeds the problem, arrest and harass more blacks, more blacks will show up in stats, more police will be sent to black communities, rinse repeat.

Fact my ass.

I do hope for your metal heath Trump loses the election, but even then you'll start posting shiite about the next boogeyman who you disagree with :cool:

Bit the ' couldn't care less who wins a foreign election ' side of me, would love to see your metal breakdown should Trump win :D

Fact my ass.

You’re welcome to scrape together a tangible rebuttal.

I taught only trump supporters were racists

https://twitter.com/elaadeliahu/status/1319008509485322247?s=20

what is the point in responding to the trash you are posting ?

seriously , you need a break from the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

gozunda wrote: »

Over policed doesn't mean number of police.
    It means they stop and search more people, charge more often etc..

• Advertisement

That’s not really a cogent counter argument. Try again?

I taught only trump supporters were racists

https://twitter.com/elaadeliahu/status/1319008509485322247?s=20

Asians are second last in the ladder of victim hood. Fair game to your average “anti fascist”

Asians are second last in the ladder of victim hood. Fair game to your average “anti fascist”

On the contrary Asians regularly suffer from all corners from stereotyping as well. The “good at math” stereotype for instance means Asian students tend to for instance get less one on one help from teachers who assume they don’t need the assistance.

There is a lot of racism between blacks and Asians; in Asia they view blacks as devils or whatever and joe public over there are physically afraid of black men. In the US I’m not clear on what the whole backstory is but I’m sure the LA Riots did not help. Asians who were conscripted to work on railroads were also treated better than black slaves.

The “good at math” stereotype for instance means Asian students tend to for instance get less one on one help from teachers who assume they don’t need the assistance.

Haha. Good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Cordell

Yeah, and in spite of all this they're still so good in school that some universities feel the need to bump them down as to encourage the right kind of diversity.

Cordell wrote: »
    Yeah, and in spite of all this they're still so good in school that some universities feel the need to bump them down as to encourage the right kind of diversity.

That’s - exactly the point here. That the model minority stereotype is racist to Asians. The college admissions scandal is a perfect example.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

On the contrary Asians regularly suffer from all corners from stereotyping as well. The “good at math” stereotype for instance means Asian students tend to for instance get less one on one help from teachers who assume they don’t need the assistance.

There is a lot of racism between blacks and Asians; in Asia they view blacks as devils or whatever and joe public over there are physically afraid of black men. In the US I’m not clear on what the whole backstory is but I’m sure the LA Riots did not help. Asians who were conscripted to work on railroads were also treated better than black slaves.

Not to mention all the racism on the part of blacks towards others, to include Africans themselves. I'd wager the animus in LA stems from hard working business owners not wanting their life's work destroyed by looters. How selfish of them

Racism is indeed an insipid force. It has no business in policing.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I accept your apology.
    That’s not really a cogent counter argument. Try again?

Threadbanned

Advertisement