Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Not to mention all the racism on the part of blacks towards others, to include Africans themselves. I'd wager the animus in LA stems from hard working business owners not wanting their life's work destroyed by looters. How selfish of them

And the rampant homophobia in the black community that’s not limited to a nationality. Absolutely vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Black people are racist and homophobic so deserve to be discriminated against by the police seems to be the current argument.

20Cent wrote: »
    Black people are racist and homophobic so deserve to be discriminated against by the police seems to be the current argument.

You really need to stop making stuff up that was never said and trying to put words in others’ mouths just to further your quite sad agenda.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    You really need to stop making stuff up that was never said and trying to put words in others’ mouths just to further your quite sad agenda.

Just look at the post above mine it hard to find.

Just look at the post above mine it hard to find.

Yeah that was mine and either point out where I said what you allege or retract it.

• Advertisement

Police demand I'd of passenger when giving a speeding ticket. Unlawful but they assaulted him anyway.

https://twitter.com/_SJPeace_/status/1320086504648081416?s=09

Police demand I'd of passenger when giving a speeding ticket. Unlawful but they assaulted him anyway.

Still waiting for the proof from you backing up your baseless allegation or retraction from what you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Over policed doesn't mean number of police.
    It means they stop and search more people, charge more often etc..

That makes no sense tbh.

So youre saying 80% of Black Americans are in favor of being stopped, searched and charged at or equal to current levels?

Or as the quote detailed "80% of Black Americans are in favour of a police presence in their area equal to current levels or more"?

I'd say the findings don't meet with the suggestion frequently seen in this thread that supposedly the majority of Black Americans are not in favour of policing under the current model.

Still waiting for the proof from you backing up your baseless allegation or retraction from what you said.

Thread is about BLM you call black people homophobic.
    Join the dots or explain the point you were trying to make.
    Certainly infers they deserve mistreatment from the legal system.

gozunda wrote: »
    That makes no sense tbh.

So youre saying 80% of Black Americans are in favor of being stopped, searched and charged at or equal to current levels?

Or as the quote detailed "80% of Black Americans are in favour of a police presence in their area equal to current levels or more"?

I'd say the findings don't meet with the suggestion frequently seen in this thread that supposedly the majority of Black Americans are not in favour of policing under the current model.

If you stop and search more people, charge them more often, deny them bail more often and sentence them more harshly then the numbers are going to show more crime in that area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Cordell

He was not assaulted, they forcefully removed him because he was non compliant. One of the cops is black.

If you stop and search more people, charge them more often, deny them bail more often and sentence them more harshly then the numbers are going to show more crime in that area.

So how does that match in with the poll which shows that:
    More than 80% of Black Americans favor a police presence in their area equal to current levels or more, according to the findings of a Gallup poll 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/81-black-americans-police-retain-increase-presence

If the majority believe that in doing so initially would involve the police doing the following "stop and search more people, charge them more often, deny them bail more often and sentence them more harshly then the numbers are going to show more crime in that area"

It doesn't add up tbh.

Cordell wrote: »
    He was not assaulted, they forcefully removed him because he was non compliant. One of the cops is black.

There was no reason for him to show or give ID, cops break the law sometimes you know..

gozunda wrote: »
    So how does that match in with the poll which shows that:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/81-black-americans-police-retain-increase-presence

If the majority believe that in doing so initially would involve the poluce doing the following "stop and search more people, charge them more often, deny them bail more often and sentence them more harshly then the numbers are going to show more crime in that area"

It doesn't add up tbh.

Fox "news".

There was no reason for him to show or give ID, cops break the law sometimes you know..

How do you know?

How do you know?

It was a speeding ticket.
    Passenger wasn't driving so nothing to do with him.
    Cops no right to demand I'd off him.

So, if a cop stops you for speeding, and he sees a passenger dismembering a body in the back seat he can't do anything, because it has noting to do with the driver and speeding?

Thread is about BLM you call black people homophobic.
    Join the dots or explain the point you were trying to make.
    Certainly infers they deserve mistreatment from the legal system.

Implies - you infer. Basic stuff that.

And I didn’t say “Black people are homophobic” - I said there was rampant homophobia within the black community. This is true. And it is vile.

I IMPLIED nothing from this. I stated an observation and I will once again ask you to withdraw your incorrect and baseless accusation.

So, if a cop stops you for speeding, and he sees a passenger dismembering a body in the back seat he can't do anything, because it has noting to do with the driver and speeding?

It's called probable cause.
    They need a reason to ask for ID.
    More than just being black.

Implies - you infer. Basic stuff that.

And I didn’t say “Black people are homophobic” - I said there was rampant homophobia within the black community. This is true. And it is vile.

I IMPLIED nothing from this. I stated an observation and I will once again ask you to withdraw your incorrect and baseless accusation.

Why post that then if it's nothing to do with the content of the thread?

• Advertisement

It's called probable cause.
    They need a reason to ask for ID.
    More than just being black.

Again, how do you know all this? Just because he said so? He doesn't even seem to be able to speak proper English.
    In his barely articulated words, the cops asked for his ID, they didn't get it but they still identified him. I'd say he was a wanted person.

Why post that then if it's nothing to do with the content of the thread?

I give up. You have no intention of debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Well if your a Garda in ballymum , you're going to be arresting more people and locking them up than if you're a Garda in blackrock. High crime areas tend to have more people committing crimes than more affluent areas. As a lot of African Americans live in more crime ridden areas it only makes sense that there's going be more interactions with police. It's not rocket science

Again, how do you know all this? Just because he said so? He doesn't even seem to be able to speak proper English.
    In his barely articulated words, the cops asked for his ID, they didn't get it but they still identified him. I'd say he was a wanted person.

He speaks pretty well.
    Just because he is black doesn't mean he's not American.
    They need probable cause to ask for ID.
    Being a passenger or being black is not probable cause.

Well if your a Garda in ballymum , you're going to be arresting more people and locking them up than if you're a Garda in blackrock. High crime areas tend to have more people committing crimes than more affluent areas. As a lot of African Americans live in more crime ridden areas it only makes sense that there's going be more interactions with police. It's not rocket science

Plenty of drugs in BlackRock.
    Stop and search people at the same rate it would be equal.

I give up. You have no intention of debate.

Just asking for a clarification.
    You don't have to give one that's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

There was a warrant for his arrest:

https://www.tiktok.com/@heatherjanney/video/6886657466801704198

Fox "news".

It's a Gallup poll. Its been reported on a number of other sites. Take your pick.

So as to the question asked?

How does your ideas on arrests etc match with the findings of that poll that
    More than 80% of Black Americans favor a police presence in their area equal to current levels or more, according to the findings of a Gallup poll 

He speaks pretty well.
    Just because he is black doesn't mean he's not American.
    I never said he wasn't, and it's strange how you assumed this.
    They need probable cause to ask for ID.
    Being a passenger or being black is not probable cause.
    Posted above, there was a warrant for his arrest. Conveniently left out of the original video, but it turns out that another of them BLM angels is in fact a criminal, and the cops were right. But we can't have that, can we?

• Advertisement

They couldn't know there was a warrant without knowing who he was. He was charged with resisting arrest nothing else.
    Big payout for him if he manages to sue them.

Advertisement