Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Cordell wrote: »
    I never said he wasn't, and it's strange how you assumed this.

Posted above, there was a warrant for his arrest. Conveniently left out of the original video, but it turns out that another of them BLM angels is in fact a criminal, and the cops were right. But we can't have that, can we?

How could they know there was a warrant if he didn't give them I'd.

Why mention how he talks if it's nothing to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Cordell

20Cent wrote: »
    How could they know there was a warrant if he didn't give them I'd.
    Well, they knew, and not by using his ID, so probably there was a picture of him? Or the car got flagged? Between cops and a wanted criminal you're a bit quick to side with the criminal, aren't you?
    Why mention how he talks if it's nothing to do with it?
    He seems to have difficulties using proper english, that's all.

Well, they knew, and not by using his ID, so probably there was a picture of him? Or the car got flagged? Between cops and a wanted criminal you're a bit quick to side with the criminal, aren't you?

He seems to have difficulties using proper english, that's all.

If they knew him they wouldn't need Id then would they. He was a passenger. Seems he's been only charged with resisting arrest so no warrant. So not a criminal. Bit quick accusing him.

His English sounds fine to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Dear God my wee goddaughter catches on quicker than some posters.

Police read number plate
    Warrant out for owner
    Car is stopped - ID requested of occupants to see who owner is.

Ffs!

The man himself is not denying that there is a warrant, he just tries to wiggle out of his arrest by claiming that "there is no investigation to be made"
    If the cops actually found a wanted person during a simple traffic stop, well then, they should be commend for this, not vilified.

• Advertisement

The man himself is not denying that there is a warrant, he just tries to wiggle out of his arrest by claiming that "there is no investigation to be made"
    If the cops actually found a wanted person during a simple traffic stop, well then, they should be commend for this, not vilified.

David Berkowicz - Son of Sam - was apprehended due to a parking ticket.

Sometimes the good guys win and get lucky!

Plenty of drugs in BlackRock.
    Stop and search people at the same rate it would be equal.

No you wouldn't.

No you wouldn't.

Ever been out drinking there?
    Cola central.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    David Berkowicz - Son of Sam - was apprehended due to a parking ticket.

Sometimes the good guys win and get lucky!

A parking ticket he got not someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Plenty of drugs in BlackRock.
    Stop and search people at the same rate it would be equal.

Do you honestly think policing is blackrock would be on a part with ballymum ... You're deluded

• Advertisement

Ever been out drinking there?
    Cola central.

Oh right. So purely for drug possession, not intent to supply? Perhaps drug use is similar, although I doubt it as most drugs are delivered in areas like BlackRock and consumed on a night out in a pub, recreational as opposed to addiction.

Heroin use and cocaine use, while both illegal are very different animals.

You don't see open dealing on street corners or have a plethora of strung out addicts stealing to get their next fix.).

Stop and search happens in Ballymun, More because of violent crime, drug dealing (not possession) gang involvement, illegal activity,

And while yes, crimes do happen in BlackRock, it makes more sense to police Ballymun more heavily as that's where the more severe violent crimes happen with higher frequency.

By your logic, you'd reduce the police presence in Ballymun to match a low crime area such as Foxrock or dalkey (which would be ridiculous) or increase the level of policing (where it's not required) in Dalkey just so you aren't discriminating against Ballymun (which is ridiculous)

A passenger in a car pulled over has no obligation to provide ID. Unless it is a felon stop. respectful. He was respectful the whole time and just asked to let them kiss his family goodbye, his baby was in the back. The don't wait just start dragging him out. Having a white girlfriend probably would wind up the cops as well.

Oh right. So purely for drug possession, not intent to supply? Perhaps drug use is similar, although I doubt it as most drugs are delivered in areas like BlackRock and consumed on a night out in a pub, recreational as opposed to addiction.

Heroin use and cocaine use, while both illegal are very different animals.

You don't see open dealing on street corners or have a plethora of strung out addicts stealing to get their next fix.).

Stop and search happens in Ballymun, More because of violent crime, drug dealing (not possession) gang involvement, illegal activity,

And while yes, crimes do happen in BlackRock, it makes more sense to police Ballymun more heavily as that's where the more severe violent crimes happen with higher frequency.

By your logic, you'd reduce the police presence in Ballymun to match a low crime area such as Foxrock or dalkey (which would be ridiculous) or increase the level of policing (where it's not required) in Dalkey just so you aren't discriminating against Ballymun (which is ridiculous)

If you stopped and searched as many people in Blackrock on a Friday or Saturday night you would find a lot of drugs, plus the dealers are there as well. Don't get me started on Dalkey was out there last Christmas bloody hell .

Remember this incident as well, woman threatens black man with cops because she knows they will kick the crap out of him.

https://youtu.be/2USEr94g3HY

If you stopped and searched as many people in Blackrock on a Friday or Saturday night you would find a lot of drugs, plus the dealers are there as well. Don't get me started on Dalkey was out there last Christmas bloody hell .

Ok so blackrock/dalkey is on a par with ballymum because you've rich kids doing coke at the weekend ...lol Go to any Irish town and it's full of coke . Answer me this , would you rather be a Garda in blackrock or ballymum ?

Remember this incident as well, woman threatens black man with cops because she knows they will kick the crap out of him.

https://youtu.be/2USEr94g3HY

The crap was not kicked of him, and she was the one who got into trouble, she was fired by her employer. Firing someone for an incident that had nothing to do with the employer, the work place and that happened outside working hours is something that would generate a lot of outrage if the skin colours were to be reversed.

Ok so blackrock/dalkey is on a par with ballymum because you've rich kids doing coke at the weekend ...lol Go to any Irish town and it's full of coke . Answer me this , would you rather be a Garda in blackrock or ballymum ?

You are misrepresenting the point being made.
    It started due to a discussion about how high the rates of crime are in black areas. The point I am making is if police stop and search people at the same rate in other areas this will also find more crime. It is also the types of crime being investigated, things like white collar crime are very underfunded whereas small street infractions are heavily policed. The cops in the US are far more likely to charge black people as well, deny bail and give them longer sentences.

The crap was not kicked of him, and she was the one who got into trouble, she was fired by her employer. Firing someone for an incident that had nothing to do with the employer, the work place and that happened outside working hours is something that would generate a lot of outrage if the skin colours were to be reversed.

Lucky for him he recorded the incident.
    Yeah no employer wants someone like that working for them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Templeton_Investments
    I'd dare to say they employ much worse, she was only fired for PR reasons as to appease the BLM mob.
    She was good enough until this incident, she was good enough to hold a good position as "head of insurance investment" whatever that means.

Having a white girlfriend probably would wind up the cops as well.

Wow. Adding your own made up scenarios to insinuate "additional" racism too? Very dishonest.

• Advertisement

There are more dealers in Ballymun than BlackRock. You will find more people with intent to sell in Ballymun than BlackRock. You will find more drug related crime in Ballymun than BlackRock. You are talking nonsense.

I can't speak for your experience in dalkey but perhaps it was the company you keep as it is a well known affluent area where it is less likely you would run into antisocial behaviour or feel menaced.

Wow. Adding your own made up scenarios to insinuate "additional" racism too? Very dishonest.

You mean that stopping a white woman speeding and violently arresting he black passenger isn't enough evidence. Rascist hate race mixed race couples makes them extra mad.

- Sir, may I ask you kindly, since you're here and we have a warrant for your arrest, would you kindly permit us to arrest you?
    - I hate to disappoint you but I must regretfully refuse.
    - Perfect then dear sir, you may proceed further with your personal activities.

- Sir, may I ask you kindly, since you're here and we have a warrant for your arrest, would you kindly permit us to arrest you?
    - I hate to disappoint you but I must regretfully refuse.
    - Perfect then dear sir, you may proceed further with your personal activities.

You forgot to warm the cuffs and apologise for the privilege of being not a criminal.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    You forgot to warm the cuffs and apologise for the privilege of being not a criminal.

A warrant doesn't mean a person is a criminal that's for the judge to decide. Even with black people.

They went straight to the violence even when he said he would get out. This is why people hate the police. Needs big time reform, a lot of them don't have the temperament for policing. Bullies in uniform.

This is why people hate the police. Needs big time reform, a lot of them don't have the temperament for policing. Bullies in uniform
    That much is true, especially for the US police. This is why racist movements like BLM have no credibility, because they ignore the indiscriminate brutality. They don't want a better police for everyone, they only want to victimize themselves.

That much is true, especially for the US police. This is why racist movements like BLM have no credibility, because they ignore the indiscriminate brutality. They don't want a better police for everyone, they only want to victimize themselves.

They don't want a police force or normal families units , they think they can live in self governing communities, where everything is gonna be peace and love , a bit like it was in Chop/Chaz ...oh wait. I've no problem with locking up cops that do wrong or some sort of reform . But don't forget policing in America must be one of the hardest policing jobs in the developed world with the amount of guns in the country. I think theres more guns that people in the states. Could you imagine how many killings and shooting there'd be in Ireland if we had 4 and a half million guns in circulation.

A warrant doesn't mean a person is a criminal that's for the judge to decide. Even with black people.

They went straight to the violence even when he said he would get out. This is why people hate the police. Needs big time reform, a lot of them don't have the temperament for policing. Bullies in uniform.

A warrant is given when people don't turn up to court . There's very few innocent people going round with warrants for their arrest . I know plenty of lads that had warrants for not showing up to court and none of them were innocent .

A warrant is given when people don't turn up to court . There's very few innocent people going round with warrants for their arrest . I know plenty of lads that had warrants for not showing up to court and none of them were innocent .

Still not been found guilty so not a criminal.
    Your sample size of "a few lads" is not enough to make such a claim.

• Advertisement

They are one of the loudest voices for reform of the police in the US. The rest is just something you made up.

Advertisement