Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

They don't want a police force or normal families units , they think they can live in self governing communities, where everything is gonna be peace and love , a bit like it was in Chop/Chaz ...oh wait. I've no problem with locking up cops that do wrong or some sort of reform . But don't forget policing in America must be one of the hardest policing jobs in the developed world with the amount of guns in the country. I think theres more guns that people in the states. Could you imagine how many killings and shooting there'd be in Ireland if we had 4 and a half million guns in circulation.

Wtf are you on about no normal family units.
    Yeah agree they could do with some gun control over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

20Cent wrote: »
    Wtf are you on about no normal family units.
    Yeah agree they could do with some gun control over there.

NEWS
    BLM site removes page on ‘nuclear family structure’ amid NFL vet’s criticism
    By Joshua Rhett Miller

September 24, 2020 | 2:36pm

Marcellus Wiley
    Marcellus Wiley
    Randy Shropshire/Getty Images for Up2Us Sports
    Black Lives Matter scrubbed a page on its website this week that disparaged the “Western-prescribed nuclear family structure,” prompting a former NFL lineman to blast critics who accused him of previously misinterpreting the organization’s incendiary message.

The group, whose co-founder Patrisse Cullors has described herself and fellow co-founder Alicia Garza as “trained Marxists,” removed a page titled “What We Believe” that included its public policy positions as well as describing itself as part of the “global Black family” — a change first reported Monday by the Washington Examiner.

“We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable,” the website formerly read.

The page, which was no longer available Thursday, also said BLM aimed to “dismantle the patriarchal practice” that leads to mothers having to work double shifts to make ends meet.

The site still has an “About Black Lives Matter” page that features a shorter list of goals, including a “world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise,” but it does not contain the anti-nuclear family language.

A central tenet of Marxism is the dismantling of the “nuclear family structure.” The language was removed days after a poll found support for the group dropped 12 percent this summer as some of its protests descended into looting and violence.

SEE ALSO
    Patrisse Cullors
    Black Lives Matter co-founder describes herself as 'trained Marxist'
    The change prompted former NFL lineman Marcellus Wiley to blast the group, saying his criticism of its mission statement back in June was misconstrued while reiterating that he’s a product of a tight-knit household.

Wiley, a 10-year league vet and co-host of FS1’s “Speak For Yourself,” shared a news story about the sudden change to BLM’s website as he took the group to task.

“Heard too many people tell that I was wrong for misinterpreting BLM’s mission statement and I took their words out of context,” Wiley tweeted. “You were saying?”

Wiley took a second shot at BLM a day later, accusing some of his critics of forgetting his roots.

“Seems some have forgotten I navigated from the bottom of this system,” Wiley, a 45-year-old native of Compton, California, tweeted to his 325,000 followers. “I planned & worked to succeed by any means, whether by using my brain or my body! Blessed to be an example of how important a nuclear family is to reaching your full potential. My experience is my expertise.”

A message seeking comment from BLM regarding its website change was not immediately returned Thursday.

Wiley had previously criticized BLM for its mission statement during a “Speak For Yourself” segment in June.

Patrisse Cullors
    Patrisse Cullors
    Willy Sanjuan/Invision/AP
    “I don’t know how many people really look into the mission statement of Black Lives Matter, but I did — and when you look into it, there’s a couple things that jump out to me, and I’m a black man,” Wiley said. “Two things: My family structure is so [vitally] important to me … Being a father and a husband — that’s my mission in life right now.

“How do I reconcile that … with this mission statement that says, ‘We dismantle the patriarchal practice. We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement,’” Wiley asked before sharing statistics showing the negative impact of single-parent homes versus two-parent households.

“So when I see that, as a mission statement for Black Lives Matter, it makes me scratch my head,” Wiley continued

• Registered Users Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Cordell

They are one of the loudest voices for reform of the police in the US. The rest is just something you made up.

Reform will cost money, a lot of it, yet they advocate for the opposite.
    But they have the loudest voice I'll give you that.

Still not been found guilty so not a criminal.
    Your sample size of "a few lads" is not enough to make such a claim.

It's a bit hard to take you seriously when you think that blackrock is on a par with ballymum regarding drugs and policing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

You are misrepresenting the point being made.
    It started due to a discussion about how high the rates of crime are in black areas. The point I am making is if police stop and search people at the same rate in other areas this will also find more crime. It is also the types of crime being investigated, things like white collar crime are very underfunded whereas small street infractions are heavily policed. The cops in the US are far more likely to charge black people as well, deny bail and give them longer sentences.

your not making a intelligent point is the problem

• Advertisement

Cordell wrote: »
    Reform will cost money, a lot of it, yet they advocate for the opposite.
    But they have the loudest voice I'll give you that.

They advocate using some of the funding for policing to other areas. The police force are kitted out like the avengers with armoured cars etc while teachers have to buy supplies with their own money. Make some improvements in schools, youth outreach and community efforts, intervene early rather than locking people up later.
    Would save money in the long run.

It's a bit hard to take you seriously when you think that blackrock is on a par with ballymum regarding drugs and policing

Last time to try and make the point.
    If you put all resources into Dalkey and none into Ballymun then Dalkey would have a much higher crime rate than Ballymun. Similarly when they over police black neighborhoods the crime stats will be scewed.

If you put all resources into Dalkey and none into Ballymun then Dalkey would have a much higher crime rate than Ballymun. Similarly when they over police black neighborhoods the crime stats will be scewed.

there's no police in non black neighbourhoods now ?

they are all harassing the folks in the black neighbourhoods ?

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

20cent wrote:
    If you stopped and searched as many people in Blackrock on a Friday or Saturday night you would find a lot of drugs, plus the dealers are there as well. Don't get me started on Dalkey was out there last Christmas bloody hell .

This is hilarious. I'm from Dalkey and spent many a day drinking in Blackrock.

Both places are virtually crime free (street crime). I've never seen a fight. Never seen a "dealer" in the stereotypical use of the word.

Of course there are drugs - but these are educated people with good jobs who do a bit of coke or smoke some hash. An entirely different world to the drug use in Ballymun.

But the amount of drugs being done in Blackrock and Dalkey is far lower than in deprived areas. I know there's a thing in Ireland to hate the wealthy, but the reality is it's very difficult to be successful if you're a druggie. Hence these areas having fairly low drug use.

mynamejeff wrote: »

lol

Purposely misrepresented the point made.

• Advertisement

Purposely misrepresented the point made.

again

you need to make a point for me to do that ,

and you aren't

:D

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Of course there are drugs - but these are educated people with good jobs who do a bit of coke or smoke some hash. An entirely different world to the drug use in Ballymun.

So that makes it alright then.
    The drug violence we see is because of wealthier people buying drugs, the violence happens in poorer areas though.
    The person buying coke in Dalkey is funding the gangs that cause misery in poorer areas.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

what is the point in responding to the trash you are posting ?

seriously , you need a break from the internet
    your not making a intelligent point is the problem

lol
    again

you need to make a point for me to do that ,

and you aren't

:D
    Threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

So that makes it alright then.
    The drug violence we see is because of wealthier people buying drugs, the violence happens in poorer areas though.
    The person buying coke in Dalkey is funding the gangs that cause misery in poorer areas.

You should improve your communication skills.

You start by using a strawman and trying to pretend I think it's OK.

You then go on and say something reasonable.

Let me state my position.

The current situation is terrible, and the wealthy folk enjoying their coke while **** into glasses of champagne are insulated from the reality of the drugs trade.

The solution is to legalise all drugs, regulate things (they must be cheaper than dealer prices), and provide counselling, etc., for people with drug problems.

The same thing they need to do with prostitution.

It's a complicated affair and the current policies do not work.

So, you're going with the tree that falls in the forest makes no noise approach.

So, you're going with the tree that falls in the forest makes no noise approach.

No idea what your point is.

Your (BLM's) claim that the higher crime rate is mainly explained by higher policing is ridiculous.
    There was another ridiculous claim that crime was lower during a police strike. Obviously crime wasn't lower, recording was.

Your (BLM's) claim that the higher crime rate is mainly explained by higher policing is ridiculous.
    There was another ridiculous claim that crime was lower during a police strike. Obviously crime wasn't lower, recording was.

Police concentrate more on small street crime and things that happen in poor areas rather than the wealthier areas. What is your explanation for the higher crime rate in black areas?

What is your explanation for the higher crime rate in black areas?
    I think a point were we agree is that in the black areas the poverty is higher and the education is lower. You know, consequences of the systemic racism.
    Lower education drives poverty and both drive crime. That's the explanation, not the policing.
    Police concentrate more on small street crime
    Small street crime means drugs on corners, and drive by killings, nothing small about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

BLM/Antifa doing what they do best is the most pathetic of ways. They love attacking people from behind when the victim isn't looking. but the trip was priceless :D of course, IT got up and played the victim and call yer man a nazi lol

https://twitter.com/NYScanner/status/1320426129405214723

See the woman at the end looking to precisely kick the trump support in the balls. These people are not well in the head.

• Advertisement

I think a point were we agree is that in the black areas the poverty is higher and the education is lower. You know, consequences of the systemic racism.
    Lower education drives poverty and both drive crime. That's the explanation, not the policing.

Small street crime means drugs on corners, and drive by killings, nothing small about it.

Policing is part of the system so if you acknowledge systematic racism then it is also an issue with policing.

Plotting to kidnap a governor, armed militia in the streets, the president hinting he will not help a smooth transition of power, and this kind of thing, far more serious that a scrap in the street.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1320423497647017984?s=20

Policing is part of the system so if you acknowledge systematic racism then it is also an issue with policing.

I can understand the issue with young black being imprisoned for crimes that don't warrant prison time, like small time dealing, and prison time usually turns them into bigger criminals, but this is not the main cause of the higher black crime no matter how much you wish it were.

Police concentrate more on small street crime and things that happen in poor areas rather than the wealthier areas. What is your explanation for the higher crime rate in black areas?

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here and say gun violence....

Hahaha.... You should write for Waterford Whispers... I can see the Sunday worlds headline next week .... Dalkey...Ireland's new gangland capital of Ireland , all the multi millionaires who live there are moving to ballymum for safety and security . Countless gangland shootings , robbed cars and a heroin epidemic have all be happening in secret in Dalkey. No one knew this was going says Garda commissioner Drew Harris even the Dalkey locals were shocked to discover the criminal/ gangland epidemic in there mist . Well will be interviewing the whistleblower "20cent" who contacted us with this exclusive story . He even reckons blackrock is the new Darndale....

Plotting to kidnap a governor, armed militia in the streets, the president hinting he will not help a smooth transition of power, and this kind of thing, far more serious that a scrap in the street.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1320423497647017984?s=20

All that trouble going on , it's nearly as bad as Dalkey

I can understand the issue with young black being imprisoned for crimes that don't warrant prison time, like small time dealing, and prison time usually turns them into bigger criminals, but this is not the main cause of the higher black crime no matter how much you wish it were.

What do you think it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Fair play to this fed up woman.

What do you think it is?

I think I already told you.

• Advertisement

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Fair play to this fed up woman.

All those aggressive twats are white.