Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

20Cent wrote: »
    Point out where I said that.
    20Cent wrote: »
    Last time.
    Out of all the issues you need to be concerned about in your life.
    Your skin colour is not one.

That's it.
    That's all it means.

Here.

*Edit* I've just noticed he has been thread banned. It's not fair to call him out when he can't respond. While I agree he violated the rules, I'm sad that he and the other guy who spoke like him are unable to comment. I feel like they both did more to prove my points than I could ever do.

Back on topic...

Do folk here share my concern a Biden win will increase hostility and division rather than ease it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Here.

*Edit* I've just noticed he has been thread banned. It's not fair to call him out when he can't respond. While I agree he violated the rules, I'm sad that he and the other guy who spoke like him are unable to comment. I feel like they both did more to prove my points than I could ever do.

Back on topic...

Do folk here share my concern a Biden win will increase hostility and division rather than ease it?

I kind of do and I see your point. I spoke to a pal not long back who is mixed race and she was furious over the recent BBC quotas - a colleague has done a documentary on the underground railway for Black History Month and now thinks it was to tick a box.

This is not how you improve the lives of minorities - treat people like people and not their skin colour and we might get somewhere.

I echo Morgan Freeman twice - once for saying “how do we get rid of racism? Stop talking about it!” and also asking to be referred to as black as he says “I’m not African American, I’m black - and a proud American”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Here.

Back on topic...

It'll ease until the next george floyd come along . Americans arent to different from northern ireland in how divided people in their country are . For all the bluster about trump being satan he hasn't really been that extreme as people make out , ye he says plenty of dumb things and mishandled the coronavirus , but every country has except new zealand . But before that what did he do that was so upsetting to lefties. George bush invaded two countries , one which was totally illegal in iraq , that resulted in 100,000s dead , obama got involved with the arab springs which resulted in more wars across the middle east, he also removed troops from Iraq which resulted in isis coming to power . For all trump's faults and lies , he's hardly the big nazi/ fascist evil person the lefties make him out to be . I don't like trump btw but the standard of presidents for a country like America is a big head scratching .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I kind of do and I see your point. I spoke to a pal not long back who is mixed race and she was furious over the recent BBC quotas - a colleague has done a documentary on the underground railway for Black History Month and now thinks it was to tick a box.

This is not how you improve the lives of minorities - treat people like people and not their skin colour and we might get somewhere.

I echo Morgan Freeman twice - once for saying “how do we get rid of racism? Stop talking about it!” and also asking to be referred to as black as he says “I’m not African American, I’m black - and a proud American”.

Keep telling people they're victims and guess what , they'll act like one.

Gervais08 wrote: »

As a parent of a mixed race child, I'm astounded at how I'm classified as far right or even alt right for refusing to concede that my daughter should be judged on her colour rather than her character.

I only want equality. And by that, I mean I want my daughter to live in a world where her actions and her beliefs are how she is judged. She should never feel superior or inferior to anyone because of how she was born.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Cordell

Judging people as a group rather than individuals is something characteristic to the far left, and anything right of far left is far right to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

As a parent of a mixed race child, I'm astounded at how I'm classified as far right or even alt right for refusing to concede that my daughter should be judged on her colour rather than her character.

I only want equality. And by that, I mean I want my daughter to live in a world where her actions and her beliefs are how she is judged. She should never feel superior or inferior to anyone because of how she was born.

Bless you! The world needs a thousand more of you and a thousand less SJWs, Ebun Joseph’s and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Surprised this hasn't been posted on the thread yet ..

27-year-old black guy wielding knife shot dead in Philadelphia yesterday and there was chaos in the streets there last night with rioting, burning cop cars, and even one incident where a flat bed truck drove at cops hitting one of them.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1320873179925995520
    https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1320953549619032064

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Seriously, what the fcuk do BLM expect?

Threaten and then move towards a cop while holding a knife. To use a Boards.ie term - 'That's a paddlin'. Sorry, I'm not trying to make light of someone getting shot but I don't blame the cops in that instance. That's self-defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Surprised this hasn't been posted on the thread yet ..

27-year-old black guy wielding knife shot dead in Philadelphia yesterday and there was chaos in the streets there last night with rioting, burning cop cars, and even one incident where a flat bed truck drove at cops hitting one of them.

Yep, seems they are borrowing TVs and runners too.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1320953991170125826

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Yep, seems they are borrowing TVs and runners too.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1320953991170125826

Reparations in action. It's a well established fact that slave masters used to take Nike Airs & TVs from their slaves.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

It'll ease until the next george floyd come along

I think it'll probably be about 4 years until the next flare up.

cropped1395208270958103462.jpg

nj27 wrote: »
    I think it'll probably be about 4 years until the next flare up.

cropped1395208270958103462.jpg

I do think thats one of my main gripes with the BLM movement and it's supporters.

The fact that it is so overtly and transparently political (as in used for political gain, not to use politics to resolve their grievances).

The use and promotion of racial tension to aid a political party is disgusting and in and of itself racist.

Nobody in their right mind would be opposed to equality.

Everyone should be opposed to manipulation which is what BLM have become known for.

Disagree with anything BLM do or say? Well you are a racist and you don't "check your privilege".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Nevermind white privilege. Apparently there's black privilege now.

Black privilige applies when a black person with a knife attacks cops. Apparently black people aren't allowed to be shot in self-defence, and if shot, all other black people in the area have a right to riot, loot and burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

More of this is needed ..

Law Enforcement calling out the media for stoking tensions. These corrupt liars in the media have to be kept honest somehow:

https://twitter.com/GLFOP/status/1321063000862793729

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I don't consume mainstream media, would someone tell me if the latest cop shooting in Philadelphia is covered...I mean 30 officers were injured during the riots I'd imagine it is a big story?

I don't consume mainstream media, would someone tell me if the latest cop shooting in Philadelphia is covered...I mean 30 officers were injured during the riots I'd imagine it is a big story?

It's been covered alright.

Police shoot ANOTHER black man and have sparked protests is pretty much the headline

Rarely (never) do you see the "knife wielding" or "violent" or "charging at officers" in headlines.

Kamala Harris has come out to say that her heart is broken at the loss of another black man.

What a ****ing joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

How many of these shootings are carried out by Hispanics? Or any number of minorities that are bundled in with White People?

Again I will state that of the Black men shot in the US of A, approximately 97% are shot by other Black Men!!
    So how is 3% if shootings by White Police Officers a Racially Biased Society??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 192 ✭✭Deshawn

Again I will state that of the Black men shot in the US of A, approximately 97% are shot by other Black Men!!
    So how is 3% if shootings by White Police Officers a Racially Biased Society??

They are only setting themselves back. I wonder was that looted shop owned by a black business person and if it has black employees?

Black lives matter until free Nikes come along by the looks of it.

Come at police with a steak knife in your hand and you'll get it between the eyes every time. White , Black or anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

This is the kind of dangerous nonsense that the race obsessed world brings us, and these people don't even seem to see a problem with their words.

My friend who is the mother to a three-year-old boy tells me that she didn’t think she cared about gender until her doctor broke the news that she was having a son. She burst into tears in her office. “And then I continued to cry for a whole month,” she says matter-of-factly. After a difficult birth experience, she developed postpartum depression and decided that she resented her husband more than she’d ever imagined possible. She told me she particularly hated—and she made an actual, physical list that she kept in her journal, editing it daily—how peacefully he slept. “There is nothing worse than the undisturbed sleep of a white man in a patriarchal world.”She shakes her head. “It was hard to come to terms with the fact that I was bringing yet another white man into the world. But now I adore him and can’t imagine it any other way.” She also eventually learned to love her husband again. The sound of his perfect sleep next to her at night is now tolerable.

These lunatics have managed to normalize their own racism, all while claiming to be anti racist.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

One of the only times Iv burst out laughing during this whole sh*t show was seeing this on my feed. "Black lives matter, finna get me a washing machine."

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1321283391292121092

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Soon another store closing in a black neighbourhood.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shopping_while_black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

So there were over 1,000 looters doing their thing in Philadelphia last night after a knife-carrying man who aggressively approached two police officers who were retreating backwards was shot dead.

And now the National Guard is in the process of being deployed by the Governor to stop the looters from destroying their own neighbourhoods and the rest of the city. I understand protests, but what kind of ethics do these people have if their go-to response is looting and burning?

I saw footage of the usual Antifa white young people dressed in all black with their black helmets and their "Abolish Police" signs stirring up trouble in the city. It has gone from Defund Police to Abolish Police apparently.
    It is about time that Antifa was officially outlawed.

Kivaro wrote: »
    So there were over 1,000 looters doing their thing in Philadelphia last night after a knife-carrying man who aggressively approached two police officers who were retreating backwards was shot dead.

And now the National Guard is in the process of being deployed by the Governor to stop the looters from destroying their own neighbourhoods and the rest of the city. I understand protests, but what kind of ethics do these people have if their go-to response is looting and burning?

I saw footage of the usual Antifa white young people dressed in all black with their black helmets and their "Abolish Police" signs stirring up trouble in the city. It has gone from Defund Police to Abolish Police apparently.
    It is about time that Antifa was officially outlawed.

Well if Biden gets in, I can imagine them disappearing for a while to make it look like all this was trumps fault. But only a while. These lot are never happy unless they are victims and will play the victim even when they are to blame.

If they get any foothold, a lot of folk not only won't be complaining about Proud Boys anymore, they'll be wishing they supported them from the start.

Antifa and BLM are two cheeks of the same ****ty arse. And they will only get worse under Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Well if Biden gets in, I can imagine them disappearing for a while to make it look like all this was trumps fault. But only a while. These lot are never happy unless they are victims and will play the victim even when they are to blame.

If they get any foothold, a lot of folk not only won't be complaining about Proud Boys anymore, they'll be wishing they supported them from the start.

Antifa and BLM are two cheeks of the same ****ty arse. And they will only get worse under Biden.

Biden/Harris (in particular) have no interest in controlling these sinister entities that have now wrecked about 75 US cities in 5 months.

Political Violence in particular is particularly dangerous as these are obviously organised and most likely funded...it will take a strong President, Governor and DA to put a stop to these lunatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

The problem is nether the current political situation, not the police attitude.
    The problem is that if police arrest a non compliant miscreant by stopping them permenantly, IE they injure the criminal, then they Will be sued for damages/injuries/loss if earnings plus numerous other complaints.
    So police in the USA shoot to kill, or let a criminal go free.
    So what do they do?
    Do they end a murderer/thief/child molester? Or do they let them potentially kill they police officer that responds to the call?

Yeh all seem to have all the answers, so tell us how do the police solve this issue??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Biden/Harris (in particular) have no interest in controlling these sinister entities that have now wrecked about 75 US cities in 5 months.

Political Violence in particular is particularly dangerous as these are obviously organised and most likely funded...it will take a strong President, Governor and DA to put a stop to these lunatics.

Just declare Open Season on them and they'll scurry back into their holes like the rats that they are.

Even if Biden wins BLM won't stop.
    Biden has no control over them. And if he did he isn't interested in trying to stop them.

They are not rioting against Trump, that's just a handy excuse made up by the baizuos.
    Some are rioting to make thing better for black people (and maybe some other colours too, except Asians). Some seems to be in it for the looting and excitement.

Some want nothing less than the destruction of the way America is now so they can build their Marxist utopia on the spoils.
    https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1321673219854766082?s=20

Rioter throws some sort of explosive (firework?) into a scrum of police.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1321671160208216065?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Absolute filth that have no place on this planet.....
    Set on destruction and murder.

I still can't believe there hasn't been some serious shootings of these tools as America every other week has mass shootings but these are even not heard of lately, I do wonder is it these people that tend to do it but are too busy.

Advertisement