Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Is this in relation to the two police officers ambushed and shot dead on the 11th of July?

No it’s just a general example. With the rampant availability of guns (legal or otherwise) and the amount of drugs etc police officers never know what they are walking into. Letting a paranoid, drug addled gang banger know you’re there and giving him time to get his weapons could be the difference between life and death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

No it’s just a general example. With the rampant availability of guns (legal or otherwise) and the amount of drugs etc police officers never know what they are walking into. Letting a paranoid, drug addled gang banger know you’re there and giving him time to get his weapons could be the difference between life and death.

I cant see how any sane minded individuals could argue different.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Foxtrol wrote: »
    The couple don't own the street.
    Are you that delusional or do you genuinely believe this tripe

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yes he/she is. BLM can do no wrong in these peoples eyes. Caught up in mass hysteria.

Virtue signalling every chance they get. It's bloody embarrassing.

Got some rich whiteys toting guns. Of course they are to blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I cant see how any sane minded individuals could argue different.

No. The police should be inviting them to the station for a friendly chat.

The suspect will turn up, unarmed, ready and willing to fully co-operate.

• Advertisement

No. The police should be inviting them to the station for a friendly chat.

The suspect will turn up, unarmed, ready and willing to fully co-operate.

He might even handcuff himself going in the door

• Registered Users Posts: 83,357 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Put yourself in the cops shoes. You’re told to execute an arrest warrant on Robin Hood. It’s his third felony so he’s going away for life. He knows this. He’s a well known drug dealer, murderer, gang banger and addict who is extremely paranoid and trigger happy.

Would you rather 1) knock on the door, let him know you are there and allow him time to get his weapons or 2) storm the house, hopefully taking him by surprise and not get into a firefight?

Perhaps it would be better to confirm Robin Hood is in the house, first? Instead they left Maid Marian to bleed out on the floor.

The suspect they were looking for, Jamarcus Glover, was already in custody at the time of the raid. The other suspect named in the warrant, Adrian Walker, did not live there, and had no relation to Kenneth Walker, her boyfriend.

They killed Breonna for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hannibal36

Overheal wrote: »
    Perhaps it would be better to confirm Robin Hood is in the house, first? Instead they left Maid Marian to bleed out on the floor.

The suspect they were looking for, Jamarcus Glover, was already in custody at the time of the raid. The other suspect named in the warrant, Adrian Walker, did not live there, and had no relation to Kenneth Walker, her boyfriend.

I didn't follow this case much but did they not fire on the cops from the house and the cops returned fire and killed her who was in the house with them?

Hannibal36 wrote: »
    I didn't follow this case much but did they not fire on the cops from the house and the cops returned fire and killed her who was in the house with them?

And lawfully so. Kenneth Walker fired one bullet through the doorway as unidentified hostiles we’re halfway through bartering it off of its frame. Attempted murder charges that the police tried to place against Walker were later dropped.

In response to the one round, officers fired more than 20 indiscriminately through the door, hitting Breonna 5+ times, with other rounds traveling through to other adjacent apartments, destroying windows, sliding doors, and at least one of the rounds came within inches of the head of a pregnant neighbor.

No ambulance standing by either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

ELM327 wrote: »
    Are you that delusional or do you genuinely believe this tripe

So you think they own the street? And you call me the delusional one... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Poor BLM protesters my god they had a weapon pointed at them,indiscriminately no less.

Poor nobody, I'm just pointing out that what they were doing is illegal in Missouri, as it is in nearly every state in US. It is called “unlawful use of a weapon.”

Now there are loophole to what they did, which is why they're changing their story about what happened.
    For middle class white people like you,who lived a sheltered life,it is time to understand some people suffer massive injustices in life,murders with no justice is rampant.Here we pretty much have surrendered all power on this island to gangs and there is a lot of people who get no return from the justice system here and worldwide.These people learn through experience the law is no protector and that you have to defend yourself.

Yeah, all that white on white gang violence in Irish communities. You should really sort that out before complaining about other crimes :rolleyes:
    If you want to believe i am petrified makes no difference to me,i am long past feeling after all i seen in the court system in this failing state of ours.I am trying to encourage White people like you to be braver and stop being walked on,but at the end of the day your children are going to suffer for your naivety,and if you get lucky enough to be blessed with grandchildren,it is only getting worse for them.

More examples of being petrified. No matter how much Fox News or Right Wing media try to scare you, no one is walking on you or coming for you.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Yes he/she is. BLM can do no wrong in these peoples eyes. Caught up in mass hysteria.

Virtue signalling every chance they get. It's bloody embarrassing.

Got some rich whiteys toting guns. Of course they are to blame.

You caught me, 'virtue signalling' on an anonymous message board... :rolleyes:

The only people caught up with mass hysteria are those that the right wing media have tricked into hiding under their beds because BLM or Antifa are out to get them. It is hilarious how scared Irish people are about this when they have no idea what they are talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

More examples of being petrified. No matter how much Fox News or Right Wing media try to scare you, no one is walking on you or coming for you.

But the 5000 strong white supremists and KKK are all powerful right. Nooses attempting to lynch nascar drivers, Jussie Smollett being set upon by a gang of whites in the middle of Chicago, some Catholic kid attacking a very honest and noble and definitely not fake war veteran. But, but right wing media.

Meanwhile the Mayor of Portland is out "protesting" with commi skrotes against his own police force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

He might even handcuff himself going in the door

If asked nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Hannibal36

Poor nobody, I'm just pointing out that what they were doing is illegal in Missouri, as it is in nearly every state in US. It is called “unlawful use of a weapon.”

Now there are loophole to what they did, which is why they're changing their story about what happened.

Yeah, all that white on white gang violence in Irish communities. You should really sort that out before complaining about other crimes :rolleyes:

I don't fully get some of your points,but my overall point is the laws of the land simply don't cut the mustard for all real life situations.You have a moral right to defend yourself and take the life of an intruder without a doubt.

Fair enough man i'm petrified but you know i don't have Fox only Cnn on my subscription but honestly i wish i had Fox too,have the double whammy,but its not on my channel list i would get it for sure if i could,its entertaining and would help balance out Cnn.

But the 5000 strong white supremists and KKK are all powerful right. Nooses attempting to lynch nascar drivers, Jussie Smollett being set upon by a gang of whites in the middle of Chicago, some Catholic kid attacking a very honest and noble and definitely not fake war veteran. But, but right wing media.

Far right terrorism is actually a quantifiable bigger problem than black people and white mothers in bike helmets protesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/27/us-far-right-violence-terrorist-threat-analysis
    Meanwhile the Mayor of Portland is out "protesting" with commi skrotes against his own police force.

Trump's unmarked federal officers are not 'his own police force'.

You caught me, 'virtue signalling' on an anonymous message board... :rolleyes:

The only people caught up with mass hysteria are those that the right wing media have tricked into hiding under their beds because BLM or Antifa are out to get them. It is hilarious how scared Irish people are about this when they have no idea what they are talking about.

I don't watch right wing media unless it's to mock them the same as I do for the left. The MSM is a joke on both sides.

I don't buy into divisive BS politics and am very much in the center but anything from the left of center to the right is considered far right or alt right by your type.

US politics and law has almost no effect on me here so no I'm not scared. Sadly the kind of delusional divisiveness is spreading outside of the US.

Your type cries about stuff like this, trying to make everything racial.

Meanwhile slavery of black people still exists in countries like Saudi Arabia who are funded and supported by the likes of the UK and the US. It's also rife all over the African continent. You won't hear a peep out of the left on issues like this though.

Yeah no reporting of the Mayor protesting the Portland police, whom he also is the Chief of in a dual role. Federal agents teargassed him and others around 11PM pacific last night. Wondering to see if the experience was a wake up call to him to change what Portland PD is doing on the ground, though I do appreciate he didn’t have the police make any changes to their tactics etc. last night seemingly, so he could get a good sense of what it’s really like, not having them give him a rosy view of how they operate:

Wheeler said he had never been tear-gassed before Wednesday night.

Just after 11 p.m., he got his first taste. A chest-pounding boom echoed through the square as dozens retreated from the fence. Some people who had come prepared with gas masks and leaf blowers moved toward the front.

Wheeler stood rooted to the spot in front of black-clad demonstrators carrying umbrellas and homemade shields.

The mayor’s protest appearance comes amid a competitive reelection bid in a city that hasn’t had a two-term mayor since 2005. Wheeler is being challenged from the left by Sarah Iannarone, who has made police accountability a primary issue of her campaign and has been tear-gassed at recent rallies against police violence.

Iannarone had publicly challenged Wheeler to show up to such a demonstration.

After he was hit with the gas, Wheeler said the experience made him rethink the city’s allowance that Portland police can use gas on protesters once a riot is declared. Under Oregon law, a riot can be any situation in which a person commits a crime while five or more other people engage “in tumultuous and violent conduct."

“I don’t think we should use these tools at all,” Wheeler said. “It makes me think long and hard about whether this is really a viable tool. I want to look at other options. This is not a good option.”

After nearly an hour, Wheeler had enough. A thick cloud of gas hung over the place where he stood as he and two security officers pushed through the crowd and away from the federal building.

Protesters marveled as he marched past. Many followed him, yelling as he went, urging him back toward the front of the line.

“I’ve been out here for more than 50 nights,” one man shouted. “Ask me how many times I’ve been gassed!”

An hour later, Portland police declared a riot outside the justice center, where Wheeler had stood just hours before, talking to his constituents.

Police told demonstrators to leave. If they refused, an officer announced, the department could tear-gas the crowd at will.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/23/ted-wheeler-portland-tear-gas/

What he does next after this experience could make all the difference.

I don't fully get some of your points,but my overall point is the laws of the land simply don't cut the mustard for all real life situations.You have a moral right to defend yourself and take the life of an intruder without a doubt.

As I've said, I've no problem with people defending themselves, I believe Irish laws should allow it more.

There is however a big difference between defending yourself and seeking confrontation while waving your gun angrily at people. The issue is the latter is not only illegal but escalates things. If one of the protesters had a gun and fired on the couple after they waved their guns at them, they'd be able to make a similar argument for defending themselves.

Though I'd feel it still unwarranted, I'd have no problem if the couple came out and displayed their weapons in a safe manner and only raised them if protesters came on their property or acted directly threatening towards them.

BloodBath wrote: »
    I don't watch right wing media unless it's to mock them the same as I do for the left. The MSM is a joke on both sides.

I don't buy into divisive BS politics and am very much in the center but anything from the left of center to the right is considered far right or alt right by your type.

US politics and law has almost no effect on me here so no I'm not scared. Sadly the kind of delusional divisiveness is spreading outside of the US.

Your type cries about stuff like this, trying to make everything racial.

Meanwhile slavery of black people still exists in countries like Saudi Arabia who are funded and supported by the likes of the UK and the US. It's also rife all over the African continent. You won't hear a peep out of the left on issues like this though.

What do you expect the left in the US to do? Even if you ignore the fact they only hold power in 1 of 3 branches of government, their country and communities are in chaos but lets ignore it and deal with issues in Saudi Arabia.

You don't hear anything from the right about it either. You don't even hear anything from the right in the US regarding things that Trump does that they would have called for impeachment if Obama mentioned the possibility of doing it, like sending federal troops into states that didn't want them.

The reason why these topics matter to me is because I live in the US and have seen first hand the stuff that minority communities have to deal with.

• Advertisement

What do you expect the left in the US to do? Even if you ignore the fact they only hold power in 1 of 3 branches of government, their country and communities are in chaos but lets ignore it and deal with issues in Saudi Arabia.

You don't hear anything from the right about it either. You don't even hear anything from the right in the US regarding things that Trump does that they would have called for impeachment if Obama mentioned the possibility of doing it, like sending federal troops into states that didn't want them.

The reason why these topics matter to me is because I live in the US and have seen first hand the stuff that minority communities have to deal with.

The US has a lot of fixing to do both domestic and foreign but they certainly aren't going about it in the right way. The country is corrupt to the core and has been for decades. I understand the need to get your own house in order first but they seem incapable of that as well.

All this defund the police talk is just stupid though. How about defunding the military to improve the police force, education and healthcare so less people are left fighting for survival and vulnerable communities might feel like they have a fighting chance. Where are the rational thinkers on the left promoting things that will actually improve things. Bernie Sanders is about the only one I've seen talking any kind of sense without getting caught up in divisive BS.

The US is far too divided, by design, to unite for a worthy cause though. It's been like that for decades. The left and right sides of the media are largely to blame for this but they are just puppets of their corporate overlords who know their audience and give them what they want to hear. Not the facts.

Journalistic integrity goes out the window when you have to take sides and spin any story into something to fit the narrative. You can remove the Trump bogey man but it won't change anything the same as Obama didn't change anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Put yourself in the cops shoes. You’re told to execute an arrest warrant on Robin Hood. It’s his third felony so he’s going away for life. He knows this. He’s a well known drug dealer, murderer, gang banger and addict who is extremely paranoid and trigger happy.

Would you rather 1) knock on the door, let him know you are there and allow him time to get his weapons or 2) storm the house, hopefully taking him by surprise and not get into a firefight?

Well I'm against the death penalty aswell, not for the people that deserve it (paedophiles, murderers etc..) but because of the risk of sentencing an innocent person.

So while your example I would be in support of the cops being able to raid Robin Hood with a no-knock warrant I'm against the concept because of the far greater amount of times that an innocent person would be effected.
    Just imagine the cops bust into your house looking for someone else and you don't know they are the cops and you have a gun at your bedside table.

Better to have 1 guilty person walking free with 99 innocents, or 99 innocents locked up with the one guilty party?

Media bias check: Mediaite

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/mediaite/
    Here's a snippet:

Overall, we rate Mediaite Left Biased based on story selection that almost always favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to misleading sensational headlines and use of poor sources.

Come out of the fog will ya

Here's a snippet:

Overall, we rate Mediaite Left Biased based on story selection that almost always favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to misleading sensational headlines and use of poor sources.

Did MediaITE run the poll?

Here's a snippet:

You're really grasping there. It was a poll run by a reputable polling company - ranked B/C by FiveThirtyEight

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

They also found strong support for BLM by the police :pac:

https://twitter.com/MorningConsult/status/1286367978729156608?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Which was a horrific mistake. Mistakes happen. Humans err.

Oh sure yeah mistakes happen human error no legal consequences for the officers then? Ridiculous.

washing your hands of the situation with that sentiment tbh, and thats what these departments do, and thats why you have calls for sweeping reforms.

Cop sparta-kicks suspect who is already in position to be handcuffed from behind.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/hwq3gt/what_in_the_actual_fucc/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

They also charged her boyfriend with attempted murder initially, while taking no action against the officers for a few months, until it became viral. Were these all simple human error too?

And the officers at the scene filed an almost blank incident report (the entire notes/narrative section simply read 'Public Integrity Unit Investigation') while stating there was no forced entry despite them using a battering ram to enter, and that Breonna Taylor suffered no injuries during the incident despite the fact they had just shot her dead. Were these also simple human error?

There's absolutely no defending what happened there.

Advertisement