Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

BattleCorp wrote: »
    You'll soon be accused of cultural appropriation for taking the knee. :pac:

I'm a hero

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The Den, The Dell was Southamptons old ground.;)

Milwall fans wouldnt have the best reputation to be fair, in fact they have a history of having some of the worst hooligans , the Millwall Bushwackers were notorious.
    Their fans booing will only help BLM.

This taking the knee rubbish has to stop though , how long more are the Premier League going to continue with it .

Its not just the Premier League, Milwall are in the Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 14,908 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its not just the Premier League, Milwall are in the Championship

Thats true.
    Are any other leagues in Europe still persisting with this nonsense ?

Lewis Hamilton is the hot favourite for BBC Sports Personality Of The Year.
    The man is possibly one of the most hypocritical, narcissistic, virtue signalling, tax dodging, frauds in Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Thats true.

The man is possibly one of the most hypocritical, narcissistic, virtue signalling, tax dodging, frauds in Sport.

And Hamilton who i would hazard a guess did not swap nuclear physics for driving fast cars has no problem modelling the gear made by the chaps who designed the SS uniforms.

SS were sort of real fascists and racists.....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They say its the white man I should fear.
    But it's my own kind doing all the killing here.

Tupac Shakur

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

biko wrote: »

Tupac Shakur

I posted FBI provided firearm homicide by race statistics and facts on a different thread.

Was told I'm a racist.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

biko wrote: »

Tupac Shakur

Tupac is a racist

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

JJayoo wrote: »
    So how exactly does it work?.like how many black people do I save if I kneel down?

I just want to know the correct pats on the back to give myself for all my efforts, and to think off all the heroics I achieved everytime I tied my shoe laces...I didn't even know what a hero I was .
    I'm a hero
    Tupac is a racist

Mod

Dont post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭CarProblem

I posted FBI provided firearm homicide by race statistics and facts on a different thread.

Was told I'm a racist.

Lol

Articles, stats, studies have been posted here and elsewhere showing (after correcting for crime rates - so rates per million arrests) no disparity in police killings by race (armed or unarmed) but they're either universally ignored or people try twist them to suit their own agenda

So that's completely unsurprising

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Cordell

You should have known by now that statistics and facts are racist, feelings are better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Thats true.

Lewis Hamilton is one of the most successful formula 1 drivers in history now. It is not about politics if he gets the award. He is not a fraud but I would agree with everything else you have written about him.

At some stage one of the leagues is bound to roll back on the taking of the knee. This will be be hastened by the arrival of more fans back to the stadiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

At some stage one of the leagues is bound to roll back on the taking of the knee. This will be be hastened by the arrival of more fans back to the stadiums.

Milwall not taking the knee.

https://www.the42.ie/millwall-link-arms-5292020-Dec2020/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

I wouldn't really call it fun when at surface level it seems to be a heavy-handed metaphor for society becoming worse due to having more black people from a delusional racist.

Oh boy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Lewis Hamilton is one of the most successful formula 1 drivers in history now. It is not about politics if he gets the award. He is not a fraud but I would agree with everything else you have written about him.

The nba have decided to stop all that blm signs on the court and kneeling next season , as they'd the worst ratings in a long time .

https://www.newsweek.com/nba-finals-ratings-tank-commissioner-says-league-will-withdraw-black-lives-matter-jerseys-1537280

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Some BLM inspired ridiculousness happening in the PSG match.

Romanian 4th official said Negru (Which is black in Romanian) and assistant manager's brain explodes thinking he said the other N word.

Players walk off in protest thinking they are solving racism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Some BLM inspired ridiculous happening in the PSG match.

Romanian 4th official said Negru (Which is black in Romanian) and assistant manager's brain explodes thinking he said the other N word.

Demba Ba took exception to it and gave the fourth official a bollocking.

Although Demba was sharing posts giving out about Jewish people earlier this year! Demba might be a hypocrite

https://twitter.com/dembabafoot/status/1248318671174479873?s=20

Some BLM inspired ridiculous happening in the PSG match.

Complete storm in a teacup stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Some BLM inspired ridiculousness happening in the PSG match.

Both teams should be thrown out of the competition for walking off the pitch thus failing to fulfill a fixture. A lengthy ban for the Istanbul coach that was causing uproar during the minutes preceding the 'incident'.

Demba Ba to be sent to classes to be re-educated in what racism really is/means.

I think he was cold and uncomfortable in the dugout and saw a perfect opportunity to get the game abandoned pending much milder weather next week and with his football career nearing it's end (he's 35/36 now) a chance to become a new poster boy for BLM. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

washman3 wrote: »
    Both teams should be thrown out of the competition for walking off the pitch thus failing to fulfill a fixture. A lengthy ban for the Istanbul coach that was causing uproar during the minutes preceding the 'incident'.

Demba Ba to be sent to classes to be re-educated in what racism really is/means.

I think he was cold and uncomfortable in the dugout and saw a perfect opportunity to get the game abandoned pending much milder weather next week and with his football career nearing it's end (he's 35/36 now) a chance to become a new poster boy for BLM. ;)

Haha, you could be on to something there.

The worst thing is a man's career is likely over due to a bunch of millonaires overreacting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I hope the irony of this storm in a teacup happening in Turkey doesn’t get lost on people. An overpaid sportsman being called something possibly offensive is a long long way from some of the injustices that are happening in Turkey

https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/europe-and-central-asia/turkey/report-turkey/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

You'd like to think a UEFA official wouldn't refer to somebody on the basis of their skin colour, but it's not a huge issue on the scale of racist remarks.

What if he was referring to a red haired player as ginger?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

nullzero wrote: »
    You'd like to think a UEFA official wouldn't refer to somebody on the basis of their skin colour, but it's not a huge issue on the scale of racist remarks.

It's not even on the scale. We're really getting into murky water when some think that mentioning a fact, like someones skin colour, is racist. Unless it's done with a negative intent, there's nothing racist about it.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Bad analogy. He would refer to him as a red haired player. You are implying intent in the original incident by using the word ginger.
    Looks like the world will now need to come up with a universal unique word for black people on the planet so that they do not perceive racism or injustice. Maybe the United Nations could start working on this immediately. This word would have to be completely different to the word now used in many languages for the word "black".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

The linesman was probably trying to identify a particular player and described him as a "black guy".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Churchill was a dictator tosspot who was so despised by his own people he was voted out after beating the nazis though......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,077 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

so has anyone defined racism yet?..as in, is it words or intent, or that depends? is calling a ginger a ginger racist, and if not, why not? or pasty irish man?

i just wanna know the standards!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭hynesie08

:rolleyes:
    so has anyone defined racism yet?..as in, is it words or intent, or that depends? is calling a ginger a ginger racist, and if not, why not? or pasty irish man?

i just wanna know the standards!

Webster has a pretty fair definition
    a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

If you can't tell the difference between hair colour and a millenia long history of oppression and second class citizenship then you probably won't understand any definition given....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

hynesie08 wrote: »

If you can't tell the difference between hair colour and a millenia long history of oppression and second class citizenship then you probably won't understand any definition given....

The problem with that definition is that other benign behaviours can be easily misinterpreted as such. Like.. meritocracy, in-group/ out-group preference, etc.

This means that 'racist' is a stick you can endlessly beat people with, which ultimately renders it meaningless. It means the vast majority of people who aren't racist will become alienated and resentful of all these unfounded accusations.

Pity these leftists have nothing better to do with their lives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

hynesie08 wrote: »

You cannot have a definition that is ' fair '. A definition can be accurate or precise....'fair' suggests a compromise, which implies inaccuracy.

Advertisement