Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,908 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

One is calling for fair treatment of all people at the hands of the group hired specifically to 'protect and serve', the other is trying to overturn a legitimate election.

So I'm not sure how you can think these 2 things are comparable.

The other 99% of black lives destroyed by people who are not police do not seem to attract nearly as much attention in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The other 99% of black lives destroyed by people who are not police do not seem to attract nearly as much attention in the media.

The default response to that is to refer to it as victim blaming.

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

One is calling for fair treatment of all people at the hands of the group hired specifically to 'protect and serve', the other is trying to overturn a legitimate election.

So I'm not sure how you can think these 2 things are comparable.

post 2872 would seem to suggest you are wrong

very little looting or random innocent people attacked on capitol hill .
    a lot less than a nlm riot

• Registered Users Posts: 21,685 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

mynamejeff wrote: »
    post 2872 would seem to suggest you are wrong

very little looting or random innocent people attacked on capitol hill .
    a lot less than a nlm riot

% wise, I think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

biko wrote: »
    Chanelle Helm is cofounder and core organizer of Black Lives Matter Louisville.
    Here are her 10 demands of white people.

https://www.leoweekly.com/2017/08/white-people/

Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do...Chanelle Helm and BLM....

More drink!

• Advertisement

% wise, I think not.

% wise it was less violet than a weekday in Chicago

°°°°°

% wise, I think not.

Here we go with percentages in relation to BLM again...

Glazers Out!

% wise it was less violet than a weekday in Chicago

Seriously?

5 dead after how many entered the capitol? Some of your brothers in arms are trying to tell us it was only a few hundred.
    Population of Chicago is what?

nullzero wrote: »
    Here we go with percentages in relation to BLM again...

These facts really don't care about your feelings.

Seriously?

5 dead after how many entered the capitol? Some of your brothers in arms are trying to tell us it was only a few hundred.
    Population of Chicago is what?

Thirty-one people were shot and five killed in Chicago weekend gun violence last weekend alone.

The fact is that "largely peaceful" BLM protests caused 2 Billion dollars worth of damage to US property and businesses in 2020.
    I guess thats just collateral damage is it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Thirty-one people were shot and five killed in Chicago weekend gun violence last weekend alone.

The fact is that "largely peaceful" BLM protests caused 2 Billion dollars worth of damage to US property and businesses in 2020.

Such things are irrelevant to true believers

So... percentage wise, not more deadly.

Only 2 people were killed in the Capitol riot, the other 3 died of medical emergencies.
    How many were shot in the Capitol last week ?

Work out the % of that for the population of Chicago vs the % for those at the capitol and come back to us.

You might also point us to the initiatives the 'All Lives Matter' people have instigated to help to positively impact on areas of crime in cities like Chicago.

What do you want to call it?

I've never condoned violent behavior, I've previously said here that those who carried it out should be prosecuted.
    What do you want me to say about it?

Only 2 people were killed in the riots, the other 3 died of medical emergencies.
    How many were shot in the Capitol last week ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_and_controversies_during_the_George_Floyd_protests

min 19

plus 2 billion in damages

just for George floyd alone

but apparently facts don't matter , just he colour of the criminal . fcuking racist eh

Work out the % of that for the population of Chicago vs the % for those at the capitol and come back to us.

You might also point us to the initiatives the 'All Lives Matter' people have instigated to help to positively impact on areas of crime in cities like Chicago.

What do you want to call it?

I've never condoned violent behavior, I've previously said here that those who carried it out should be prosecuted.
    What do you want me to say about it?

so white racists are making black people kill other black people in record numbers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

so white racists are making black people kill other black people in record numbers ?

Ah come on. Sure doesn't everyone know that the answer is Trump. Sure he is responsible for cancer, global warming, me having a small willy etc. :D

°°°°°

Such utter drivel.

I had this conversation with you numerous times last year and the facts make a mockery of your nonsensical argument.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

BLM have had zero effect on black on black shootings.
    The number of homicides and shootings in Chicago spiked dramatically in 2020.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/chicago-ends-2020-769-homicides-gun-violence-surges-75005949
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jul/9/black-lives-matter-awol-hundreds-blacks-killed-wav/

BLM have had zero effect on black on black shootings.
    The number of homicides and shootings in Chicago spiked dramatically in 2020.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/chicago-ends-2020-769-homicides-gun-violence-surges-75005949
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jul/9/black-lives-matter-awol-hundreds-blacks-killed-wav/

It's almost like as if you don't know what the BLM protests are about.

Clue: 'It's not what you think they should be about so you can deflect from the behaviour of some police officers'

This will come as a surprise to.......... no one.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1348649648043520005

Bet these police officers wouldn't have treated BLM protests the way they were treated themselves as they took part in an insurrection last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Where they special BLM police? Is that why you post that in BLM thread?
    When you say "I bet.." we hear "I am guessing widely but.."

This will come as a surprise to.......... no one.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1348649648043520005

Bet these police officers wouldn't have treated BLM protests the way they were treated themselves as they took part in an insurrection last week.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/anti-trump-activist-entered-capitol-wednesday

https://www.lexingtonchronicle.com/opinions/what-blm-activist-saw-capitol-hill-riot

Seems to have been more than one BLM rioter have been part of it too

Mad thought here but did everyone who entered the Capitol building commit a crime by doing so?

I've seen footage where police stood aside and just let them in. Could that be used as a defence I wonder?

The crowd looked like a very mixed bunch. It looked like some of the people in the building only went in for a gander. :D

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Mad thought here but did everyone who entered the Capitol building commit a crime by doing so?

I've seen footage where police stood aside and just let them in. Could that be used as a defence I wonder?

The crowd looked like a very mixed bunch. It looked like some of the people in the building only went in for a gander. :D

The vast majority of people at BLM protests went there to protest. Didn't stop the President, and many here calling for police to use force on them.

Calls which many police were only too happy to answer as we have seen.

The vast majority of people at BLM protests went there to protest. Didn't stop the President, and many here calling for police to use force on them.

Any comment on the question I asked?

Where they special BLM police? Is that why you post that in BLM thread?
    When you say "I bet.." we hear "I am guessing widely but.."

Doesn't at all surprise me that you hear what you want to hear.
    Now wouldn't be the time to change the habit of a lifetime I take it.

And if people went to a BLM protest and behaved themselves, I'm fine with that.

Any comment on the question I asked?

Yes they did.

Or what did your research indicate to you?

And if people went to a BLM protest and behaved themselves, I'm fine with that.

I take it from that you support the purpose of the BLM protests so.

That's progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Black supremacy everywhere. Not the brightest.

https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1349768239119622146

Advertisement