Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

The vast majority of people at BLM protests went there to protest. Didn't stop the President, and many here calling for police to use force on them.

Calls which many police were only too happy to answer as we have seen.

those nasty police protecting innocent people and property from hoards of rioters

what racists

again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Yes they did.

Or what did your research indicate to you?

I didn't do any research. I asked a question.

And here's why I asked the question. If I opened the door of my house and let you enter, I can't claim you trespassed.

So, and I know this is a stretch, some of the police stood aside and let people enter.........so I'm asking if they committed a crime by entering.

I take it from that you support the purpose of the BLM protests so.

That's progress.

I support the cops treating black people fairly. While I support some of their aims, I don't support the BLM movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,904 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I support the cops treating black people fairly. While I support some of their aims, I don't support the BLM movement.

That will do for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

I guess AOC is a white supremacist now.

kSqKaZdTySMwCF6NNf_pHywwuwx3LTn7QAmsD5jmoCmLT6h_Yez-Z6iDrGMjIL7UPoRywIgfRKHpMg=s640-nd

Bless you, you think you did something.
    There's a bit of a difference between posing for a photograph and someone grabbing a freezeframe from an Instagram Live video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Bless you, you think you did something.
    There's a bit of a difference between posing for a photograph and someone grabbing a freezeframe from an Instagram Live video.

She is clearly dog whistling and must be canceled.

Go start a protest. If the people think your cause has merit, as we have seen, they will support you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Great resource if you haven't seen it already.

https://newdiscourses.com/tftw-cancel-culture/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

kSqKaZdTySMwCF6NNf_pHywwuwx3LTn7QAmsD5jmoCmLT6h_Yez-Z6iDrGMjIL7UPoRywIgfRKHpMg=s640-nd

Oh my god, theres a hitler in congress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

nj27 wrote: »
    I think it'll probably be about 4 years until the next flare up.

cropped1395208270958103462.jpg

Is it just me or now that the election is over it seems BLM have stopped rioting.

biko wrote: »
    Is it just me or now that the election is over it seems BLM have stopped rioting.

Its almost as if.... no, that would be ludicrous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

What a conspiracy theory coincidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Improve the standard of your posting or stop posting in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I recall hearing that despite all the race baiting about white supremacy she is dating a white guy. Now she is just casually throwing up white power symbols. Is there going to be a AOC heel turn where she suddenly emerges as a QANON/Trump loyalist who infiltrated the deep state to bring it down?

Seriously though - it does highlight how non-serious the US political scene is. White schoolkids in the US can be demonized by the great and the good for smirking inappropriately when under assault by a non-white person. Non-whites have spent months burning down US cities and assassinating US cops over the death of a convicted felon who was heralded as a saint. Meanwhile an unarmed white woman and military veteran shot dead is demonized as a domestic terrorist. If Trump or some random run of the mill white person was making these involuntary gestures they would be hauled over the coals by the media. But AOC is immune. The crime is not the action, it is who is carrying out the action.

The greatest mistake is to believe you can somehow catch out the other side for their hypocrisy. You cant. They don't need to justify themselves. You do. They have power. You don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,142 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Sand wrote: »

The greatest mistake is to believe you can somehow catch out the other side for their hypocrisy. You cant. They don't need to justify themselves. You do. They have power. You don't.

Racism is not dead, but it is on life support — kept alive by politicians, race hustlers and people who get a sense of superiority by denouncing others as "racists."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

CarProblem wrote: »
    Yet the group calls itself "Black Lives Matter" and not "Reform the Police" :confused:

Because they are bringing attention to the plight of being black.
    I think people would come to that conclusion however it doesn't stop at the police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Racism is not dead, but it is on life support — kept alive by politicians, race hustlers and people who get a sense of superiority by denouncing others as "racists."

Racism is alive in part because most don't or won't address it or recognise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,369 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Bowie wrote: »
    Racism is alive in part because most don't or won't address it or recognise it.

Racism is alive because some people are morons.

Some other people see it everywhere they look, often when it isn't present.

Look at the George Nkencho case, clearly not a racially motivated killing, but we have politicians and celebrities perpetuating the notion that it was. I'm sure they all have good intentions, but they are more interested in the narrative of BLM than the facts at hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭CarProblem

Bowie wrote: »
    Because they are bringing attention to the plight of being black.
    I think people would come to that conclusion however it doesn't stop at the police.

That's not what the poster I responded to said. Tbh we've been around in this circle a huge number of times & I've no interest in it again

Poster 1: BLM exists cos of racist police
    Poster 2: but facts and statistics don't back that up (e.g. see this post)
    Poster 1: BLM was never just about policing

Then there's the overt radical overtures and racism from some prominent BLM leaders/reps that's ignored (and usually accompanied with but Trump, or but "the right" etc.)

Rinse, repeat and thousands of posts later we're still here so no point going there again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Lol someone tried to pass off that John Lott article as legit. That guy is a well known fraud and that paper was never published

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭crossman47

I don't know if this is the right place but I have a genuine question.

I am reading Obama's autobiography. Every time he references black people, he capitalises the B even in the middle of a sentence while he does not do the same for white. Am I missing something? No smart remarks please - I am genuinely interested. I will admit I am not always up to speed with PC matters. One of my sons corrected me lately for saying disabled - mortal sin I know but it conveyed the message I wanted to portray.

crossman47 wrote: »

I am reading Obama's autobiography. Every time he references black people, he capitalises the B even in the middle of a sentence while he does not do the same for white. Am I missing something? No smart remarks please - I am genuinely interested. I will admit I am not always up to speed with PC matters. One of my sons corrected me lately for saying disabled - mortal sin I know but it conveyed the message I wanted to portray.

I'm of an age where I use the word 'handicapped' which is probably viewed as way worse than disabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

It is deliberate, a number of publications also do the same, it's one of many modern day cure's for racism, like taking the knee....I suppose it is the least he could do because he didn't do a whole lot for the black community in his 8 years in power, in fact race relations were inflamed under his watch!

I am reading Obama's autobiography. Every time he references black people, he capitalises the B even in the middle of a sentence while he does not do the same for white. Am I missing something?

The woke left should be telling you that is an example of a microaggression, but they won't, because obviously only white people can be guilty of that offence*

*Sarcasm in case it isn't painfully obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,142 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Don Lemon stirring the pot again.
    If you voted for Trump, you're with the Klan & the Capitol Hill rioters

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1349672644455575554

https://twitter.com/NickFondacaro/status/1349923064138625024

Basically calling all 74m people who voted for Trump as Nazis and White Supremacists.

Don Lemon stirring the pot again.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1349672644455575554

https://twitter.com/NickFondacaro/status/1349923064138625024

Basically calling all 74m people who voted for Trump as Nazis and White Supremacists.

How Don Lemon is still employed is beyond me, is he married to a major shareholder or something ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

WrenBoy wrote: »
    How Don Lemon is still employed is beyond me, is he married to a major shareholder or something ?
    People talk here about how racism is dead... well non PC racism is mostly dead.
    PC racism is rising aat a remarkable rate. So don can smear whites or blacks any race as clan supporters. We've listened to Russia being blamed or highlighted as a risk to western values since the election. If it's constant lies and scapegoating it's by definition racism. But it's 100% OK to be racist this way.
    Don could be calling for burning whites and he'd still have a job. Just label everything that comes from him and his channel as a lie... until you can prove otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

That could be the editor, I’m a quarter way through and there are a few words capitalised that I wouldn’t consider necessary. His mother is white so I don’t think there would be any reason for him to do so anyway, though it might be editorial in that more black activists ask for it rather regular people that just shrug. Why bother dealing with complaints when you can just edit it.

Advertisement